Wes Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Founded 1982 • With Angi since September 2007

8612 Saxon Cir

Nottingham, MD 21236

I have been in the plumbing business for over 40 years along with my son Michael and son-in-law, Brian. Our business philosophy has always been to service our customers plumbing needs as inexpensively and honestly as possible so they'll recommend us. Our company has never been in the yellow pages or any other paid publication. This keeps our costs down as well as yours. Wes Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Drain Service is a full service Maryland licensed business and member of the PHCC ( Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association). We are here to help you with many of your household appliance needs. Services vary from a small leak in a faucet or slow drain to complete appliance installations or bathroom remodeling. Let our plumbing family serve yours! Additional contact name - Vicki Wesolowski. Additional e-mail - info@wesplumbing.com....

01/15/2022

kevin W.

Dave and Justin were very professional.. In talking with Dave, he was helpful and understanding and went the extra mile, which he could have waited til Monday but didn't. Very please with the work and so glad they were able to get the hot water on again. 75 Gal tank is no small matter.. Will use them again and I recommending them to my friends..

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater on a Saturday

Category plumbing,water heater repair

08/06/2018

Michael H.

The work was quick and well executed. I’d definitely use them again for any future plumbing projects. Well done!

Description of Work
Replaced two water mixer cartridges for a shower and sink as well as installed a replacement garbage disposal.

07/26/2017

Stuart H.

OK. The job was done right and very professionally serviced. Will use them again.

Description of Work
new sunk pump and backup pump. rearranged drain outside pump area

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

07/14/2017

John R.

They do both full furnaces and all plumbing. They are really responsive too. They are just really excellent. We shopped around for it and we was right where everyone else was. Very punctual. He is our go to plumber.

Description of Work
They fixed a broken joint for a shower drain and our furnace had a water log expansion tank. He replaced that.

03/17/2017

Erin O.

We are very happy with their service.

Description of Work
We have used them for a few years now. They have fixed leaks, blockages, and replaced our hot water heater. They are always very quick to call us back and we have never had to wait long for service.

12/07/2016

Debra I.

We called Wes Plumbing to come out and look at our gas fireplace because the pilot light kept going out. Mike, the owner's son, came to our house and said the thermopile needed to be replaced. He took our unit, ordered the part, and installed the part at their office. We ended up playing phone tag for a couple of weeks before they were able to come out and reinstall the unit. However, once reinstalled, over the next couple of days the pilot light still kept going out. Additionally, the unit had not been secured when reinstalled (it has been secured in place before Wes Plumbing came out and took the unit). My husband called Dave, the owner, and told him the problem was not fixed and the unit was not secured in the fireplace when reinstalled. Dave said he would come out in the morning but would call before he came over. The next day Dave called at 11am and said he probably would not be over until after 1pm. However, Dave never came nor did he call again to update his status. My husband called twice later that evening and nobody answered or returned his calls. At this point we had to dispute the charge on our credit card because the issue that we paid Wes Plumbing to fix was not actually fixed. And unfortunately they are apparently not willing to come out and actually do the job we paid them for. The problem has been appropriately rectified since my initial review was posted. At the time of that posting I had received no word from the company for several days, which is what prompted the negative review. Though the fireplace did shut off a few times after the reinstallation, the problem has not repeated since Dave came out to inspect it.

Description of Work
We needed work done to our gas fireplace because the pilot light kept going out

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Our initial service call on 11/14/16 for [Member Information Removed] was to diagnose a gas log set which was not operating. We called tech support for the manufacturer of the unit (Empire) for their input since there was no manual available & the unit was installed by the previous homeowner. The tech recommended we first replace the pilot/thermocouple/piazzo lighter assembly which is in conjunction with the gas valve. It's also less expensive than the gas valve & the most problematic. We ordered the assembly & returned Dec. 1st to install. Upon completion everything seemed to be working properly. We were paid and we acknowledged we were glad it wasn't the gas valve as it is the more expensive part. On Sunday, Dec. 4th, the customer called & said there was about 3 instances where either the pilot had to be relit or the main burner had gone out during operation. I arranged with him to stop over on Monday, Dec 5th but a death in the family circumvented that appointment. Our business is solely family so we were closed Wed., Dec 7th for the funeral which was out of town. Getting back in town & being behind on emergency calls, we were installing a new water service for a customer on Dec. 9th & 10th along with trying to prioritize other no heat calls, hot water heaters leaking & backed up drains. On Dec. 12th I was able to get back in touch with the customer at [Member Information Removed] and explained my situation. I arranged an appt for Dec. 15th. I spent over an hour disassembling the unit, checking gas pressures, running other appliances and any drafting issues. Reassembled & tested and could never duplicate the problem they were having. The customer did agree to call his credit card company to cancel the disputed charge.

12/04/2016

Julia B.

very well, service was quick and professional

Description of Work
They were doing work at my neighbor's house and agreed to come fix our toilet, which needed the seal replaced and to be re-screwed back to the floor. I appreciated that they made time to do the repair and they did a great job.

10/05/2016

Yitzhak M.

The service was reasonable. The plumber said he cannot fix the item, and it needs to be replaced. Since they charge more than $120 for just coming, we decided to go with it. He worked for less than 30 minutes on the disposer, and charged us $295 for the disposer and work. After he left, I found the same disposer (same brand/model), new, sold on Amazon for $64 (plus $4.99 shipping). Thus, for less than 30 minutes of simple work, he took $231. In addition, he did a tiny work in the bathroom, and charged another $100 for these additional 30 minutes. All in all, he spent 70 minutes in our house. The bill: $392

Description of Work
Fix waste disposer in the sink

Category plumbing

In response to Mr. [Member Name Removed] negative review on Oct. 5, 2016. I responded by phone to his complaint of being overcharged for his 1/2 HP Whirlpool disposal installation. I attempted to explain our charge of $295 for labor & material including the trip charge of $55 to get the mechanic &; fully stocked truck to his house (approx 1/2 hr away). The labor to install the disposal is 1 - 1 1/2 hrs including new sink strainer, electrical disconnect & reconnect to existing trap and dishwasher drain. The price also includes 1 yr in home warranty on the disposal & connections. Mr. [Member Name Removed] main contention was the cost of the disposal he found on Amazon. The additional $97 charge on the bill was for the labor to drill out a recessed allen set screw on a Moen handle which took the mechanic about a 1/2 hr. The new handle which we robbed from a new set we had on the truck. We now need to order &reinstall this on the compromised faucet. Time we never charge for. I explained further when it comes to electrical or mechanical purchases, it's always best to let the installer supply those items since they'll stand behind them. I even compared it to my auto or HVAC mechanic that the profit the company makes on parts is needed to offset the time to purchase inventory, deliver &warrant such parts which we occasionally have to do at no cost to the customer. I further recommended he check with other plumbing companies on their charges. I don't know whether he did that but I'm confident we were very competitive in our pricing &service and will continue to be throughout the entire warranty period. That in itself is worth something! As Angie's List knows, a customer put us on Angie's List, we are not a subscriber of the company. But after 44 yrs in the trade, our small family business is fortunate that the majority of our business comes from satisfied customers who refer us to their family & friends for the honest pricing, clean workmanship & fast response to their plumbing needs. Sincerely, David W. Wesolowski

01/05/2015

William S.

The plumbing team was very responsive to my emergency request and did the job promptly and professionally without a hitch. I have used this company for many years and would recommend it to anyone.

Description of Work
They replaced an old cement laundry sink (which was leaking) with a new plastic one. This project involved removal of the old sink and other debris and installation of the new sink with new faucets and piping.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

07/03/2014

Dean G.

We've used them for five years. They were fine. My next-door neighbor needed a plumber last week and I recommended Wes Plumbing. They're good but they're expensive. I would not use them again because I'm moving. I won't be anywhere near here.

Description of Work
Our plumber is Wes Plumbing. They did the repairs.

Ambient Cooling & Heating LLC

We are a small business who has received the Super Service award every year beginning in 2013. With that you will receive excellent customer service from a dependable and knowledgeable master technician. We pride ourselves in honesty and reliability. For customers who want a company that is trustworthy, knowledgeable and stand behind their work this is the one for you. As of right now we have a special offer for preseason inspections at $79.95 (additional charge for additional systems). Additional Email - bryan@ambientcoolingandheating.com.

Offers by Ambient Cooling & Heating LLC on Angi
    Clarksville Heating & Air

Since 1999, Clarksville Heating & Air has earned the trust of residential and commercial customers by delivering complete indoor comfort solutions to Howard County and the Baltimore-Washington corridor. Clarksville Heating and Air, LLC. was born of the combination with Merit Air, widely known in Howard, Carroll, Baltimore, and Anne Arundel, Montgomery, and Prince George's counties as a personal, honest, reliable and technically proficient HVAC service provider for over 20 years. Our expertise in establishing and maintaining indoor comfort led to the 2017 rebranding of Clarksville Heating and Air as Charles Minnick retired. Merit Air merged with Clarksville Heating and Air, owned by Adam August and Mike Rackers. Collectively, Adam and Mike have over 40 years of heating and air conditioning and business experience with a focus on building trust. We're here for you seven days a week improving life and comfort! We have the experience and expertise of the large regional & national HVAC companies, with the personal touch of a small customer-friendly full service comfort provider. Clarksville Heating & Air strives to establish a relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime! We put customers first.

Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

We are in the customer service business that provides heating and air conditioning services. At Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., our business philosophy is to provide ultimate comfort levels in your home by educating the client to make Amazing decisions. We accomplish this by asking a few questions about your problems and offering the best indoor air quality products coupled with energy efficient HVAC systems tailored to your needs. About Us: Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. was founded by Andrew Fitzhugh Sr. We have been in business since January of 2006 and we are family owned and operated. We are located in Downtown Baltimore (Federal Hill) so we are quickly and easily accessible to all surrounding counties. We design our systems using the most up to date heat load software that allows for most of the newer material that are used in green construction and newly adopted codes as well. We install, maintain and service all of the systems listed below but we are always interested in learning about alternative styles of heating and air conditioning whether it be new or old. We are going to be around for a long time so what is new now will be common practice in the years to come. We also offer multiple financing plans to assist our approved customers get what they need and want. Amazing HVAC offers 24 hour service when necessary but typically keep standard business hours Monday through Friday 7am - 5pm.

Ask For Details
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Replace, Install, & Repair Water & Sewer Lines, Faucets, Waterproof Sump Pumps, Sewer & Drain Cleaning, Remodel Kitchens & Baths, Dishwashers & Disposals, Increase Water Pressure, Water Heaters, Repair & Replace Boilers