Mr. Handyman of Anne Arundel and North PG

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2005

MHIC 102097

8229 Cloverleaf Dr Ste 435

Millersville, MD 21108

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

We are proud to have won more than 50 Angie's List Super Service Awards! We do everything on the honey-do list that honey doesn't do! Individually owned & operated franchise of the largest Handyman companies in the country. We are licensed, bonded and insured. All of our technicians have a minimum of 10 years experience and are full-time employees of the company. All work guaranteed for at least one year (any exceptions are discussed and noted on the invoice). And it's not just the small jobs! We have years of experience doing larger projects, especially bathroom remodeling! MHIC # 102097...

4.3

handyman (477)drywall (92)electrician (58)plumbers (52)door installation (47)lighting (45)interior painting (42)woodworking (41)home remodeling (31)house painting (29)roofing (26)general contractors (25)

08/02/2021

ivan P.

It was very good and great. I will call them in the future.

Description of Work
I have problems with my gutters and Mr. Handyman helped me complete the job. They did anything needed to be done.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

Thanks for your review. Very glad that you were pleased with our service. We look forward to working with you again!

06/29/2021

Michael E.

The handyman did subpar work. The flashing was not done properly. Screws were too small and it was never caulked. With the first rain, 1/3 of the flashing fell off. When we contacted the business, they said they would get somebody out to look at it in a few weeks. When I informed them that this was not acceptable because painters were currently starting work, they told me that I could take it or leave it, it was not their priority or problem. I WOULD NEVER USE THEIR SERVICE AGAIN and HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST OTHERS USING THEM!

Description of Work
Flashing applied between Garage Roof and house siding

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

We advised this customer that his cedar siding was rotted and needed to be replaced, but he wanted only a temporary fix as he planned to replace all the siding in the future. We did what we could under the circumstances. When he called to say that the painters found that some of the flashing was missing he insisted that we come immediately to repair so the painters could proceed. We did not have anyone available on a moments notice, explaining that we were booked out for weeks. Contrary to what the member is saying, we told him we could get someone there later in the week and began to offer options. We also explained that trying to flash over damaged siding and delay needed repairs was not a good solution. He became very irate at those statements, told us the “he’d have the painters fix it” and hung up. He called back to report that we were very rude on the phone so I listened to the recorded call. The project manager was polite and helpful, but the customer took exception to the suggestion that the siding needed to be replaced and angry when we said that we didn’t have anyone available at that exact moment to rush out to his house.

03/18/2021

Deborah M.

The tech did get to my house within the window first agreed upon. Unfortunately, while he was installing pulls on my kitchen cabinets he lost control of his drill and made a very noticeable hole/indent on one of my cabinets. I did have an issue with arrival time; and had to wait an hour and a half to get a tech to my home; in light of what happened i wish i would have canceled. I paid someone $232.55 to damage my kitchen cabinet. Don't hire them! They are very rude; from the owner to the office staff. My appointment was between 10-12noon At 9:35am I got a text from the Mr. Handyman tech saying he was on the way (I was driving home from work and could not answer) At 9:42am I got a call from Mr. Handyman; I didn’t answer because I was driving….(I assume it was the tech but I don’t know) remember my appointment was at 10am! At 9:43am I got a voice mail telling me my tech was at my building and wanted to know if I could let him in At 9:45am (TWO MINUTES after the voice message!) I arrived home and saw the Mr. Handyman van parked in front of my building; I got out of my car and as the van started to drive around the cul-de-sac in front of my building I was waving at him; he never even looked my way; I was parked in front of my building and I was waving at him but he never even looked and drove away. At 9:50 I called Mr Handyman and told them the situation but they refused to get the tech back; he was literally less than 5 mins away…the "manager" said "I can't let them sit and not make money"...again I was home and saw the van and waved at him...the manager was quite snippy; yes I was talking loudly; I mean I couldn't believe the lack of respect for MY time. To me it seemed like the manager was punishing me for not being home earlier than my appointment…she said to me “I know you are upset because you didn’t get what you wanted…!” Correct – I wanted professional service …she shoved me back to 1100-1pm…and offered no discount for my inconvenience Remember my appointment timeframe was 10-12noon…I was home before 10am!

Description of Work
adding pulls to my kitchen cabinets, installing a tolet holder, a painting around my light fixture

Cost $232.55

Work Completed On 03/18/2021

Very sorry for any inconvenience, but I should state first that we did arrive within the window. The time window was 10 - 12 and we arrived at 11:15. The first tech arrived early. The customer was not home and we couldn’t reach her so we left. Obviously if he’d seen the customer on the street as he drove away he’d have stopped. Sorry he didn’t. When the customer called she was in a highly agitated state. The office manager tried to explain that we had another tech who could be there in an hour, but she became irate that we wouldn’t have the first one come back that minute. He had, in fact, already spoke to his next customer who was just minutes away and now expecting him, and again we had a second tech available. Very sorry that this has been so upsetting to the customer. As for the small divot on the door, the tech didn’t have what he would need to fix that so we’ll have to return. I called the customer as soon as I heard (the tech reported it) She has not returned my call, so I will try again. A few observations- 1 -accidents do happen, but we stand behind our work and we will send a man back to repair this small dot (about the size of a pencil point). 2- we did arrive in the time window. Since the first guy was early and we had another guy who could get there within the time frame we thought that was a good solution. 3- minor glitches like this are more easily handled when everyone remains calm. Very sorry that this customer found the situation so upsetting.

02/28/2021

Amber G.

The drywall was competed wonderfully. Our tech was on time. The trim that he replaced it with doesn't match up properly we may have to redo it.

Description of Work
Need to do some drywall patching and other small hole patching preparation for painters and also to replace some exterior door trim

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/23/2021

Barbara C.

The employee was great. Here on time, worked without delay. Of course he had lunch but only Long enough to eat a sandwich. And to top off everything it didn’t take as long to install then what was in the estimate. So our install didn’t cost as much as estimated. Great for us!!! Would recommend this company for any project you may have. I am now looking for other projects that need to be done. Loved their work.

Description of Work
Closet organizer install

Cost $646.2

Work Completed On 02/20/2021

Thanks for posting this review. Since we give approximate estimates over the phone, we try to always allow a little extra time for unexpected items. Then the tech reviews the job before he starts to make sure enough time has been allotted. Frequently this means we have extra time, which allows you to get more things done and/or reduce the cost. Sounds like you did a little bit of both! Glad that you had a good experience and thanks for choosing Mr. Handyman!

02/10/2021

Delron W.

Great!! Did more work than expected for less money than I was quoted

Description of Work
I needed my interior stairs fixed

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

12/15/2020

Jai I.

Mr. Handyman (Eric V) sent a text with picture to say he was on the way. Eric is professional, courteous, and experienced. He has excellent problem solving skills and involved us in the decision making when something came up. It was a whole day job with many big & little projects and he would not leave until we were totally satisfied. Great handyman services and an awesome deal received from him. I highly recommend Mr. Handyman and especially Eric, well done!

Description of Work
handyman services

Cost $832.75

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

Thanks so much for your positive review. We appreciate your kind words and are grateful to you for sharing your experience with Angie's List members. I agree that Eric is a great problem solver - all of our technicians have more than 15 years of experience, but still, sometimes we run into a situation that is unusual and aren't quite sure the best way to proceed. Eric is particularly good in these situations.

12/08/2020

Gloria B.

Work was not completed as agreed upon. Worker informed client that he could not complete work because he had a doctors appointment. Consequently only a small portion of the work that was agreed upon was done. I was very disappointed because this was one of several projects I wanted to get done.

Description of Work
Caulking around exterior windows home

Category decks,siding,replacement windows,home security systems

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

Very sorry that the customer was disappointed. The tech had a medical emergency and he was able to get an afternoon appointment. He did work for 1/2 a day, asked the customer how to prioritize the work and we offered to send him back to pick up where he left off (waiving the "trip" charge since it was our fault he had to leave). Important to note that the customer was only charged for the work that we completed. She did not pay for the items that we were unable to address on the first visit. The tech found some significant issues that were not on the work order and alerted the project manager. The project manager went to the customer's house to review all of the work she needed and gave a written estimate. He spoke a few more times with the member, but she declined to schedule the additional work. The offer to come back and finish the original punch list and waive the service fee still stands. I left the customer another message to make that clear. Sorry again for any inconvenience. Scheduling issues can be frustrating, but often are beyond our control. We make every effort to find an alternative accommodation for the customer and are sorry that we weren't given the opportunity to return and finish the punch list.

10/03/2020

Julie B.

Barry from Mr. Handyman was fabulous! We purchased four hours and he did twice the work we expected to accomplish with that time! All the work accomplished was very high quality. Will definitely be back to Mr. Handyman the next time we need service, and will be asking for Barry!

Description of Work
Outside lights installed, ceiling fan installed, shutters reattached to house, deck boards replaced.

Category decks,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Very glad to hear that we exceeded expectations. You raise an excellent point. There are independent handymen that charge a lower rate than us - but how quickly do they do the job? Because all of our technicians have a minimum of 15 years of professional experience (most of them much more), they know just what to do and get "right to work" when they arrive. When all is said and done, you can get excellent service and great workmanship at a very competitive price.

09/29/2020

Joseph G.

Great handymen services and an awesome deal received from them.

Description of Work
handymen services

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thanks so much for your nice review. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience on Angie's List! Glad that you were pleased with the work and the price!

Handyman, plumbing, fixture installation, garbage disposal, sinks, toilets, electrical, ceiling fans, light fixtures, switches, outlets, carpentry, drywall, gutter repair, gutter cleaning, gutter replacement, gutter screens, fascia, soffit, caulking, crown moldings, deck repair, deck maintenance, power washing, siding, windows, doors, floors, bathroom & kitchen remodels.

Basement waterproofing. Heating & air conditioning. Appliance repair. Landscaping.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover