CDS Home Services

Founded 1989 • With Angi since September 2010

1225 Bengies Rd Ste A

Middle River, MD 21220

With more than 25 years of experience, CDS Home Services (formerly CDS Emergency Power) specializes in the sales, installation and service of home standby generators & residential electrical services in the Central Maryland (including the Baltimore Metro region), Northern Virginia (including the Washington, DC region) and Eastern Pennsylvania areas. At CDS Home Services, we hire only skilled, trustworthy professionals. All our electricians undergo a technical and customer service training program, drug testing and comprehensive background check. CDS has one and two men teams on more than a dozen service trucks to meet our customers' electrical needs. Let our licensed and experienced professionals provide you with fast and friendly service, where no job is too big or too small. From new electrical construction to remodel and additions, we do it all. CDS Home Services specializes in prompt, reliable residential electrical service. Additional address - 4408 Pottsville Pike, Reading, PA 19605. Additional contact name - Denise Rogers...

generator service (116)electrician (76)ceiling fan installation (2)lighting (2)plumbers (1)

08/06/2020

Receptionist argued with me about what my problem was because she said the problem was with my generator, when I've already had a generator person out who told me the problem is with the electric panel. Then she asked if was already a customer. I said "no" and she said "sorry, then, I can't help you". I asked if she was saying she didn't want a new customer, and she said she was focusing on existi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
bypass the electrical panel for our whole-home generator and put all circuits on commercial power.

CATEGORY electrician,generator service

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/06/2020

03/18/2019

Exactly as described in the discussion with the estimator. The price was the best of the estimates. In addition to price, the reason I hired them was because of their experience and everything seemed very well organized. The process involved several steps in part because BGE was involved and inspections were needed but that was known from the start. In all, everything took about 3 months. I was im...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
whole house generator install

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/13/2019

Thank you for the feedback and opportunity to earn your business. We're so happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service.

12/05/2017

They might do great work but I can't get them out here to do the work. Paid $200.00 up front about the 5th of Nov. They insisted they would be here in Nov and "everybody pays in advance". It is now Dec. 5th and I can't get them to give me a date for the service...even if it's weeks away. Of course, they never told me they were booked a month in advance.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed my Generac home generator serviced. They installed it!

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/05/2017

11/21/2017

CDS called me to check on the date and make me sure of the maintenance visit. The technician was on time, told me what he was there for and provided an explanation of his work when he finished. Very professional..

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Routine maintenance on full home generator.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/21/2017

10/10/2017

After cc being charged by unknown vendor--in advance of service date that hasn't even been scheduled yet--we felt both were unprofessional without communicating them and the second is just a business practice we don't agree with, so we cancelled the appointment.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
TL; DR: Didn't communicate unusual payment practice to us ahead of time so we were caught off guard by an unidentifiable credit card charge at an unexpected time. Not communicated + not expected = bad. ~~~~ We made an appt for generator service. They said we were "on the October schedule. We'll call 48 hours ahead of your appt." This was ~Oct. 5. Reasonable price quoted. Perfect. 2 biz days later, we get a charge on our credit card from an unknown vendor, Andrews Electric Services, for the amount of the service. Look them up and they're not affiliated with CDS. We think our cc has been stolen but it's the same amount as CDS service so we wait to talk to them. After we call CDS the next business day, we learn a) they charge in the name of another company. Since this isn't a DBA for CDS, this feels sketchy even though it might be completely fine. They neglected to tell us this. The representative said they were supposed to tell us this when we made the appointment. b) They charge when you make the appointment, not when the services are rendered. Even before you know when the service will be provided. So we have to pay on Oct. 9 even though we may not get service until Oct. 31. They neglected to tell us this, and we don't feel this is fair. Other customers may be fine with both of these practices, but it's certainly necessary tell them this is how you operate.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2017

10/04/2017

Great. Would recommend to others. They did other electrical work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
generator.s

CATEGORY electrician,lighting,generator service

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2017

06/13/2017

The quote was average. Another company was a better deal.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me a quote for installing a generator.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/01/2016

03/01/2017

It worked out really well so were really pleased. In all the categories that you said I think they did well, the price was well under other folks that had quoted for us. They were timely, polite, helpful, they were very good at what they did, asked a lot of the right questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They just installed a home generator. It was over a few visits cause we had to get home inspection so probably three or four visits over four to five weeks.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/09/2016

02/27/2017

Fantastic. They did very very well for us. We got it on sale and we did look around. There was a little bit of confusion as to when they were going to come out, but once that was settled they were great. Do not hesitate to use them. If they had a good price and a warranty to throw in as well go ahead and do that.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed the generator for us.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2016

02/08/2017

Fine, even though the location of our house on the lot and the location of basement windows forced creativity with the location of the generator.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install hard-wired generator

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/08/2013

Sales, installation, maintenance of electrical equipment, home standby generators, ceiling fan, breakers and fuses, panel upgrades, surge protection, code corrections, outlets and circuits, track and accent lighting, data / communication lines, security & landscape, surge protectors, motors, exhaust fans, electric water heaters, transformers, smoke detectors, appliance circuits, hot tubs and spas, pool & generator.

MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, Discover