Pro Spex Home Inspection Services

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2008

Super Service Award the past 9 years. Our goal is to become the best Home Inspection company in the DMV. We utilize technology to benefit our clients. We offer 24hr Online Scheduling, Our inspectors are trained to use infrared cameras and we use drones for hard to reach roofs. We are the only company in the DMV that offers a Performance Guarantee vs. a limited liability clause in our contract. We have performed Inspections for all the major home builders in the DMV area, small commercial buildings, and residential homes of any age and size. If you can live in it, we can inspect it. We don't compete on price, we compete on service - so contact us today!...

Black Owned & OperatedBlack Owned & Operated
Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+8 more images

Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover

Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover

home inspection
This house looked very appealing from the outside, but the interior problems were yet to come!

home inspection (341)radon mitigation (89)pest control (38)sewer cleaning (6)mold removal (1)

05/04/2021

Kia M.

It was a great experience...I learned so much about my home. The inspector (M. Nunez) was awesome, took his time and explained everything to me along the way. I am so glad I contacted this company. I will refer and definitely use again!!!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

02/19/2021

Stephanie A. R.

Mr. Chris Quick is so professional and thorough. He pointed out so much during the inspection that was helpful and educational.

Description of Work
Eleven month warranty repair inspection.

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

We are glad you were able to have this experience and we appreciate your comments.

01/31/2021

Jasmeet J.

Joe Clavey was very thorough and professional. He was extremely knowledgeable and did a fantastic job in checking every part of the exterior and interior of the house. While conducting the inspection, he took the time to explain to us in simple terms what he was checking and why he flagged the the things he did. He was very sincere and polite. We are very pleased with the job he performed and would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking to get an home inspection done.

Description of Work
Home and Termite Inspection, Radon Testing and

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

12/23/2020

Mary C.

Pleasant and questions asked were answered.

Description of Work
Standard home inspection and termite inspection

Category pest control, home inspection

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

11/28/2020

Zaakia B.

Planned inspection went well. The inspector provided us with detailed feedback which allowed us to feel extremely comfortable to move forward with the purchase of the home.

Description of Work
Full home inspection was completed on a home I am purchasing

Category home inspection, radon testing

Work Completed On 11/27/2020

That's great that you felt comfortable moving forward. We hope that you will not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions that we can answer. Enjoy the Holiday Season and thanks for trusting Pro Spex!

11/21/2020

Christopher T.

The inspector was very thorough. During the walkthrough, he took the time to review each major finding with us and answer our questions. He also explained what he was looking for and indicated the near-term and long-term implications of the items he identified as a problem. I’d highly recommend this company again.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience and we were glad to be of assistance to you. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

11/18/2020

Jean P.

Fantastic. Thourough, knowledgeable and educative

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for trusting Pro Spex!

11/12/2020

Jerome C.

Inspection went great learned a lot from Glen. He’s a true master of the trade.

Description of Work
New construction inspection

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Its good to know that you learned a lot during your inspection. We hope that it will be useful to you as you enjoy your home.

11/06/2020

Keevin H.

As a first time homebuyer, I felt extremely comfortable after the home inspection. The inspectors went throughout the entire house while educating me. I know so much about the house and houses in general due to the guidance and support from the team. I would 100% recommend them. Completely amazed!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Great! We appreciate you taking the time out to let us know how we are doing to help you during this important time in the buying process.

11/03/2020

Kristine E.

My experience with Pro Spex Home Inspections has been great so far! My inspector is Chris, and he is very professional, thorough, and knowledgeable. He just did the framing inspection for my new build this morning, and I already got the report complete with pictures. If you are building a new home, I highly recommend doing a new construction inspection for your peace of mind, and go with Pro Spex. They were recommended to me by my brother and I will be recommending them to others as well.

Description of Work
New home construction inspection

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are happy to be of service to you and your family.

10/06/2020

Mark B.

Great, Glen inspected my foundation and master bedroom where crack in wall was observed. He also pointed out that my front porch was not graded properly. Very happy to know exactly what caused the issue, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Inspection of foundation and front porch

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Review for Pro Spex Home Inspection Services - 606 Main St., Laurel, MD - 38926796

Glad we were able to help you find the cause of the issues. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

09/29/2020

Harvey B.

Better than great. In my youth I built hundreds of homes and this was the first time that I have used this company. It was for a home that my daughter is buying. I don't know if you can be better. Professional, knowledgeable and straight forward. I would hire them again and again.

Description of Work
A home inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

We know there are a lot of other choices out there, thank you for choosing us. If we can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to call. Stay in touch and be safe.

09/21/2020

Jirigarthe C.

Joe performed my home inspection a few years back fo a purchase and again last week for another purchase. I appreciate how Joe's explains things in the house that are key. He is very knowledgeable and he was able to answer all my questions and concerns accordingly. Thank you!

Description of Work
Home Inspection for purchasing.

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

Always glad to be of service. Thank you for taking the time to write this great review.

09/10/2020

markus G.

He was very professional work with, puntual, and extremely thorough. I'm very satisfied with their service. Having a home built can be daunting at times, but Pro Spex took the time to explain everything to us. Thanks.

Description of Work
Pre-dry wall inspection

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Being a part of a customers positive experiences makes our day. We look forward to continuing to be of great service to you. Be safe and stay in touch.

08/25/2020

Patricia G.

The inspection was thorough and professionally conducted by Mr. Stephen Keel. Mr. Keel explained the nature of the inspection and gave my husband explanations for each item inspected. We now what items to perform preventive maintenance on in the next 1-3 years.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your trust in us.

08/14/2020

Jacqui G.

I have had a terrible experience with Pro Spex home inspections and want to warn anyone considering using them for a home inspection. They do not do thorough home inspections and when they miss something, they refuse to take responsibility for the issue. When a home inspector misses an issue it is their responsibility to evaluate and repair the issue. Pro Spex claims to have an inspection guarantee, but they DO NOT honor it and Glenford Blanc, the owner will become extremely aggressive and argumentative if you bring any issues to his attention and fight with you for DAYS instead of taking responsibility for his company's negligence. I employed Pro Spex to perform a pre-purchase home inspection at my home on 4-17-2020. The inspectors name was Joe Clavey. Due to Covid, I was not present at the inspection and was given a video briefing via WhatsApp afterwards. The inspector was extremely unprofessional, lied down on the floor of the house during the video briefing and commented many times that he was feeling “lazy” when I asked him to point out issues with the home. During the briefing it became clear that Joe did not perform a thorough inspection because he could not answer basic questions about different systems in the home. I called the owner of the company, Glenford Blanc, on April 17, 2020, after I finished speaking with Joe, to report his behavior and lack of thoroughness in performing the home inspection and he became argumentative and did not address my concerns. I received the inspection report on April 18, 2020 and sent an email to Glenford Blanc further stating my concerns and requested a full second inspection. Glenford Blanc responded to my email on April 19, 2020 and attempted to negate most of my concerns and was extremely argumentative about performing a reinspection even though his company claims to provide this service if clients are unhappy. Glenford Blanc finally agreed to complete a reinspection of the property on April 22, 2020, but this inspection was not thorough because upon moving into my house on July 4th (I was delayed due to Covid) there were multiple, highly visible, issues present that were not included on the inspection report. I contacted Glenford on July 17th to request that he pay to have the issues evaluated and repaired and he has not only refused to take responsibility, but he has been extremely condescending, argumentative, and has been a total bully. I definitely do not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

Review for Pro Spex Home Inspection Services - 606 Main St., Laurel, MD - 38798969

We are sorry to hear this and hope that we can work through this situation with you.

07/11/2020

Jason W.

Joe did a NACA inspection and was tremendous! He answered every question that I had about the house and alleviated all of my concerns. I would recommend him without a shadow of a doubt!!

Description of Work
Full house inspection

Cost $5.4

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

Thank you so much for trusting Pro Spex. We appreciate your comments.

06/30/2020

Paul M.

it went well, he handled it efficiently

Description of Work
pre-offer inspection

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/22/2020

James G.

Joe was outstanding; very thorough and answered all questions freely.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Thank you for sharing and trusting Pro Spex!

06/09/2020

Adam C.

Pro Spex was recommended by my realtor when i was purchasing my 2nd home. Steve Pilara was my assigned inspector and he did an amazing job. Even during the COVID-19 situation he walked me through the house and helped educate me on all systems. Told me what i should worry about and really spent time with me going room by room. I would never use a different company. Fantastic service and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

05/20/2020

Cecilia N.

The inspection was amazing, Joe is so nice and knowledgeable. He paid such great attention to detail, took me outside first and really explained everything. We went over every inch of the house together (while social distancing and with masks) and I really left the inspection feeling like I knew what to expect. Also, not only was Joe so helpful, he screwed things that were loose in with his drill, he fixed a small cabinet in the kitchen quickly! Stuff he did not have to do as an inspector. I really learned a lot today and I would recommend Joe and Pro Spex to anyone. I received my home inspection report literally 4 hours later. Great job and I would def hire them again! Thank you!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are glad that Joe was helpful to you at this time in your home-buying experience.

03/13/2020

Joseph T.

This inspector was very professional and proficient, He explains in details and answers all silly questions, He is very patient, he is the best

Description of Work
Inspection

Work Completed On 03/13/2020