First Impression Hardscapes

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2010

MHIC # 126107
09/19/2016

First Impression Hardscapes is the premier hardscape artisan in the D.C. metro area, serving Maryland and Washington D.C. We take a custom approach to designing your driveway, walkway, patio, or pool deck in elegant flagstone or stunning, durable pavers. First Impression’s will turn your hardscape fantasies into a First Impression reality! - OUR MISSION: To provide lifestyle changing hardscapes that are aesthetically pleasing, durable, and have eternal value. - OUR VISION: To be the leading hardscape installer in Maryland and Washington D.C. by becoming home and property owners’ first choice for all of their hardscape needs. - OUR HISTORY: First Impression Hardscapes has over 20 years combined experience in serving the D.C. metro area. Our quality of construction is second to none, and we also pride ourselves in having superior customer relations. All of our crews are completely “in house”; we do not use sub-contractors. We are licensed and insured for all of your hardscape needs. No matter how large or small, we are pleased to transform your hardscape fantasies into a First Impression reality! -- Additional email: info@firsthardscapes.com....

Stinebaugh Masonry LLC

***CURRENTLY GIVING ESTIMATES FOR PROJECTS SCHEDULED TO START IN LATE SPRING 2022***Historic custom stone and brick repair, or new designs with old world craftsmanship. Please email Stinebaugh6@verizon.net

Digger's Paving

Digger's Paving is a reliable asphalt paving contractor serving Pasadena & Severna Park, MD. You can trust us to handle all your paving needs. Whether you need repair, resurfacing or a total replacement, we can help. We can also sealcoat your driveway or parking lot. Call 410-320-5152 now to get an estimate from a local asphalt paving service.

East Coast Landscape Design

IN BUSINESS SINCE 1979. 15 EMPLOYEES. All WORK IN HOUSE EXCEPT FOR FENCING. ALL EMPLOYEES DRUG TESTED AND BACKGROUND CHECKED. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. LICENSE #42490. INSURANCE #Q89-0102236-M. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: mark@eclandscapedesign.com.

02/04/2021

Katie M.

They were professional and responsive with the estimate.

Description of Work
Hardscaping.

07/27/2020

Randy S.

This was one of the best experiences we have ever had with a contractor. They were on site the date promised, and worked diligently every day until the job was complete. John Morgado - Director of Ops was on site every day and was very attentive to the changes we made along the way. We couldn't be more happy with the final product. Thanks to all of the people that were involved at FIH to make this happen...

Description of Work
New Hardscape Patio, Outdoor Chimney, and replace walkway.

Category concrete repair,hardscaping,patios

09/22/2019

Tamara B.

The company was very professional and did a FANTASTIC job. They had to start completely over which meant a demo of the previous job. One day, they started later than expected and stayed WELL past 5 to finish the job...even when it started to RAIN for several minutes. I will definitely hire this company for any future projects!

Description of Work
The company needed to complete an unfinished project.

Category hardscaping,patios

First Impression Hardscapes would like to *Thank You* for your wonderful review on Angie's List. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Enjoy the new addition to your home!

08/26/2019

Christopher K.

AVOID! Please read my review and be careful before you hire First Impressions Hardscapes. This review will be kept brief, if you want more info, please email me. I have a long driveway with a culvert, 2 pipes going under the driveway. I hired First Impressions Hardscapes to repair the erosion that was beginning to erode under one of the pipes and around the entrance and exit of the pipes. The workers from First Impression Hardscapes came and did all work as promised and all looked good when complete. While working on the culvert First Impression Hardscapes parked their trucks on my lawn and after they left the tires left deep grooves. I called to complain. First Impression Hardscapes workers returned a couple days later and I watched as they kicked leaves in the grooves to fill and try tocover up the grooves. Not one shovel or any tool, just them kicking leaves. I called to complain a 2nd time and was told they would send some one out again, never happened. Weeks later I went out with a shovel and repaired the damage myself. Than we had some heavy rains and that's when the real problems started. The rains in following weeks washed out and ruined the repairs First Impression Hardscapes did to the culvert. I called them and sent photos of what had happened to their repairs. We went back and forth for months...for many months! Finally, First Impression Hardscapes told me they where not going to come back because, the damage was an 'act of God'. READ First Impression Hardscapes contract very carefully, any damage after they leave can easily be called 'an act of God', never thought it would happen to me but, it did. First Impression Hardscapes also claimed they did the work to a once in a 100 year rain standards, noope. The rains where heavy but, once in 100 year heavy rains, no. The work First Impression Hardscapes did was no where near once in a 100 year standards, and that claim was laughable! So, the culvert waits and continues to erode until, I figure what to do next. You have been warned about First Impression Hardscapes from someone who hired and paid them good money. (Be weary of whatever First Impression Hardscapes responds with below, they strung me along for close to a year only claim 'act of god') Best of luck with all your projects.

Description of Work
Repair to culvert

Category drain pipe

10/27/2018

Theresa N.

It didn’t happen because apparently the job was too small

Description of Work
Stone wall repair

07/23/2018

Ann H.

They came and promised an estimate in 2 days, but no estimate 10 days later.

Description of Work
masonry repairs to walkway and patio

Category hardscaping

Hello Ms. [Member Name Removed], First I would like to apologize for the experience you had. I would like to please ask you to give us the chance to speak with you to clarify what had happened and if possible provide you with the estimate expected. I usually have all the costumer information of all of our appointments but I can not find yours which makes me wonder if it was one of our representatives you met before. Please feel free to contact us at your convenience at our office # 410.799.0299. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon. Manuela or Karen

07/12/2018

Jeffrey P.

The work quality was first rate. Would have appreciated them being more responsive to my emails and calls.

Description of Work
Removed cracked concrete stairs and walkway and replaced with new staircase and pavers walkway

Category hardscaping

Thank you so much for your nice review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. All First Impression Hardscapes staff are very happy to be a part of the improving of your home. Hopefully we will have the chance to provide you with our services again in the future!

06/13/2018

benjamin K.

Looks great and job finished ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
paver patio, wood stairs, and masonry

12/31/2017

Christopher K.

On my shared driveway I noticed the concrete culvert was beginning to erode and shift. The crew came when scheduled to repair the culvert. The drainage area needed to be reshaped and have stone added to help with erosion issues. A cement footing was created to help hold up the concrete tubes and than concrete was packed in around the tubes help hold them in place. The job took several days to complete. I am very satisfied with the overall work. There was a lot of work put in to make the finished job look good and it does look good. I am giving a B for quality because the trucks they parked on my yard left large ruts in my yard. I watched the workers kick leaves over the ruts to hide them. When I complained they sent some one back to fix the ruts. That some one came back and with his foot kicked the top of ruts off, jumped back in the truck and left. I still have ruts that I will fix with my shovel and rake in spring. Such a shame. I will defiantly use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Drainage culvert needed repair.

10/06/2017

BARRY R.

Exceeded our expectations - they were meticulous! They did a beautiful job and without hesitation highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed pavers along walkways and driveway from my house..

First Impression Hardscapes

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2010

7154 Montevideo

Jessup, MD 20794

Design & installation of paver & natural stone driveways, walkways, patios, pool decks & walls.

Asphalt and concrete pouring.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available