Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Founded 1946 • With Angi since March 2005

FREE 3D Design Consultation for Angie's List Members, Call Now! Serving pool owners for over 70 years, Anthony & Sylvan brings experience, service and creativity to designing your backyard oasis. We understand how different our terrain can be, even within a fairly short distance. From your very

Pool Installers (184)pool cleaning (182)tile installation (44)decks & porches (42)plastering (37)concrete repair (33)excavating (32)fence company (3)hardscaping (5)landscape lighting (3)

09/07/2022

Kevin D.

Please do your research and check Anthony Sylvans reviews on BBB and social media. We chose Anthony Sylvan to build our inground pool because we wanted a company that would warrant their work and be in business for years to come. Our pool was completed in June 2016. Within 11 months a rebar bleed appeared in our deep-end. Since then, our nightmare with their customer service team begun. Throughout our 6 years we’ve had 5 rebar bleeds in various spots of our pool. We’ve decided to consult three swimming pool contractors about our situation and all three said the issue will likely continue to occur each year due to the pool shell being improperly installed. All three companies explained that the only way to correctly address the continual rebar bleed issue is to remove any exposed rebar, apply a waterproofing bonding agent to the entire pool then replaster. I did some research online and found the same solution. With this being the 3rd time, I’ve had to contact the warranty department I reached out to my previous contact and as expected he ignored my email. I opened a warranty claim and the general manager of the Mid-Atlantic region reached out to me. When he spoke to me about my issue his response was “your plaster is no longer within the warranty period. However, we are willing to fix the new bleed as a customer service gesture. You would be responsible for refilling the pool water, but we are happy to plaster over the affected area if you would like”. Since this is our 5th bleed and we’ve been down this road before, I let the manager know that my concern is that we cannot know where all the possible future bleeds could be located as well as it would be unsightly. He told me that if I changed my mind to reach out to him. This is not the type of craftsmanship or customer service I’d expect out of a company who prides themselves on 75 years of service and “Built for Life”. We now have to get another contractor to resurface our 6-year-old pool for $12k and hope that the courts will hold Anthony & Sylvan accountable to recoup the costs.

Description of Work
Build in-ground pool

Work Completed On 09/07/2022

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 39863756

08/30/2022

Brandon H.

A&S subcontracts nearly every step of the installation and takes no responsibility for their contractors. Decking contractors failed inspection and had to redo decking twice, mediated by customer, not A&S. Raypack heater never had connectivity to Jandy wireless system. A&S took no responsibility for issue and gave up, leaving customer with defective product. Never saw sales representative after breaking ground. Update: Could not edit previous review, so posting update: Had issues w/ heater and customer service was quick to respond and remedy. Provided name and direct line so I could contact in the future. Appreciate the attention to customer's needs.

Description of Work
Pool and all equipment installation

Category ceramic tile, decks, swimming pools

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

08/11/2022

Thomas B.

The end product is better than what we envisioned.

Description of Work
New Swimming Pool

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, excavators, plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Work Completed On 06/26/2022

Tracie L.

The build timeframe met our expectations and the subcontractors were professional and highly skilled. Our salesperson and project manager were responsive and knowledgeable throughout. Our end result was gorgeous! We did pay a lot extra for excavation that likely could have been done more cost-effectively and our plaster could have had a more consistent color on the end result. All in all, there’s never been a busier or more expensive time to buy a pool, and Anthony & Sylvan did a great job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
New Concrete Pool- Excavation, Tile, Plastering

Work Completed On 05/27/2021

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 39528214

Sara W.

After meeting with multiple pool companies, we felt most confident in hiring Anthony & Sylvan to build our pool. We worked with Tom Bowers to design the pool. Even though he was the designer/salesman, he remained part of the entire process and continued to check-in with us, answer questions, and advocate for us throughout the entire process. He is very personable and a man of his word. Tyler Swavely was our project manager. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. As new pool owners, we relied on Tyler to explain a lot to us throughout the build. He always answered our questions and reassured us that everything was perfect. He never made us feel that any question was too small to answer. Halfway through our build, Tyler trained Brian Akstulewicz to take over as our project Manager. Brian was nothing short of amazing. Our pool was complete in April 2020 but Brian continued to answer phone calls, respond to texts and even facetime with us to help troubleshoot. He was very responsive and 8 months later he is still supporting us and answering our questions. Tom, Tyler, and Brian were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend this team and Anthony & Sylvan to anyone thinking about building a pool! They make a stressful process enjoyable and exciting!

Description of Work
New Pool Construction- Excavation, Concrete, Tile & Plaster

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 39526608

Thomas D.

Very professional, always on time, always cleaned up afterwards, and great as trainers of our new pool equipment.

Description of Work
New Concrete Pool- Excavation, Tile, Plastering

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

Bruce K.

When exactly as scheduled per the timeline given during the estimate. Team was always very quick returning calls and with following up with my questions and concerns.

Description of Work
Swimming Pool Construction

Category concrete repair, decks, excavators, swimming pools

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

10/19/2021

Andrea P.

We decided, (as many of us did) last Spring 2021 to put in a new pool in the "footprint" of our old one (we removed). After much searching and reviewing of "reviews", we went with A&S because of their company longevity and referral (we went to see the pool) of a friend. Jay our salesman, and Tyler our Project Manager were very professional and also made you know they each cared about the project. There were some minor holdups, (as any big construction) but all in all, we have one beautiful, working, and easy to care for in-ground pool on our lovely farm, thanks to A&S. (in less than 11 weeks)

Description of Work
New Pool Construction

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

10/19/2021

Robert P.

The project went very well. Mitch our project manager was excellent.

Description of Work
Brand New Swimming Pool

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

09/20/2021

Kathy D.

The project went very smoothly. Work was completed on schedule and if we had questions, Sylvan personnel quickly answered them. The end results were fantastic and our pool looks better than new!

Description of Work
Pool Renovation and Replaster

Work Completed On 09/21/2021

09/16/2021

Vince Y.

From start to finish the crew performing the renovation along with the project manager were very professional. The work was completed on time and the results were amazing! We are very happy we selected Anthony Sylvan to perform our renovation.

Description of Work
Pool Renovation

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 39480726

09/16/2021

Steven J.

There were a few hiccups during the project, because of the Pandemic, but Anthony Sylvan made good on all that was promised. This is our second year with our pool. I have used there service to open and close and will continue to. All over very satisfied with the quality of our pool.

Description of Work
New Pool Construction

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

09/13/2021

Karen A.

Very pleased with product and installation.

Description of Work
Pool Renovation- Tile & Coping

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

08/30/2021

Ashlee M.

met our expectations in a busy pool season

Description of Work
New Swimming Pool

Category ceramic tile, decks, fencing, pool cleaners, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, swimming pools

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

08/12/2021

Jamil H.

extremely well. Highly professional from start to end. Sales person was extremely helpful in guiding our selections. The project manager did everything he said he would do in time. Went the extra mile to insure we were not impacted by any material shortages during COVID.

Description of Work
Brand New Swimming Pool and Spa

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

07/26/2021

badri P.

Very good, l am very happy with their services

Description of Work
Weekly service on the pool

Category pool cleaners

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

07/15/2021

Peta C.

In 2019 we decided on buying an inground pool. Jeremy Siebert was our salesman but ended up also being our project manager as he was so responsive to any of our enquiries. Jeremy checked on our pool regularly, interacted with our county when they had queries, and hurried the sub contractors along. The pool was completed in time for a huge celebration that we had arranged. Anthony Sylvan were aware of the date, and Jeremy was the person who made it all happen on time. We are thrilled with our pool. It has provided endless fun luncheon, and get togethers. Our association with Anthony Sylvan has not ended. We signed up for the Winterization contract. They opened our pool on time and closed it up again for winter. We give them 5 stars!!!

Description of Work
Pool Construction

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, excavators, plastering, pool cleaners, hardscaping, swimming pools

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 39405076

01/19/2021

Jim K.

The installed an automatic pool cover that NEVER worked. I have been complaining to them since pool was completed back in 2018. They worked some on it in 2019 and some in 2020 but never fixed it. Now I have a non functioning pool cover and they don't return my emails or calls. They promised me over and over again that they would fix it and offered me a gift card to take down my review. They don't stand behind their work!

Description of Work
Built a brand new pool

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 39143607

10/29/2020

Robert W.

Excellent. From the start (design) to the finish closing A&S was worth every penny. Excellent service and I was able to chat with the crew annoying them with curiosity.

Description of Work
New pool build

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 38987807

Carl P.

The work was done very professionally and accurately! Both the site managers, workers and office staff were excellent!

Description of Work
Building a new pool

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

annie S.

A&S were the most responsive pool company I had to come to the house for the initial appointment. The sales/design person was very patient with me and explained the process thoroughly and the options available, with price considerations for each option. He designed and pool for me, and then we worked together to get a beautiful final design. Then immediately we started working with the Project Manager for my project, and it went very fast after that - he explained how things would work and visited the progress on site often. The PM remained very accessible to me throughout the process, as well as the sales/design person. A&S's communication every step of the way was much appreciated, and all of their subs were very respectful and did amazing, professional work. We were lucky with weather and the whole process was finished with pool fill about 9-10 weeks after initial dig. They worked with me the entire way to make sure that the options I wanted and look I was going for was achieved, and definitely helped me understand how to operate the pool system. This was my first pool build ever and I would definitely recommend A&S to any friend or family. And btw - pricing was the best out there too!

Description of Work
Pool design and construction

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, excavators, fencing, plastering, pool cleaners, hardscaping, swimming pools

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

Review for Anthony & Sylvan Pools - 8260 Preston Ct, Jessup, MD - 38981955

Marshall J.

I worked with Tom Bowers and Tyler Swavely with Anthony & Sylvan to design and build a pool in our new house. Due to the public health emergency, we unfortunately knew we were not going to be able to have a big birthday party for my daughter. So, in building the pool, I asked Anthony & Sylvan up front if we would be able to have the pool complete and ready to swim by her birthday for a small family birthday pool party. Despite a busy summer with COVID-19 restrictions, the Anthony & Sylvan crew delivered quickly, worked around some tough weather conditions (rain), and ultimately delivered on an amazing pool. The pool was right on point with what I was thinking in our design, and the Anthony & Sylvan team helped to turn what I was thinking into reality - and better than what I was thinking. The Anthony & Sylvan team was easy to work with, very thoughtful, responsive, and delivered on a great pool. I have recommended them to others, and will continue to recommend them.

Description of Work
Design and Build a Pool

Category fencing, plastering, swimming pools

Work Completed On 09/11/2020