Capitol Benefits LLC

Florida: Insurance
01/01/2100

364 Main St

Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Capitol Benefits is an award-winning independent insurance agency representing 12 states. We represent over 200 insurance companies and all types of insurance.. We represent our clients, not an insurance company. Discounts of up to 30% are available for combining home and auto, AARP members, Federal Government employees, safe drivers, and more. Visit our website at www.capitolbenefits.com for more information!...

home inspection (1)

08/02/2022

Elizabeth H.

It was excellent service. Joel dropped everything he was doing to research my case for me and assure me that I still had insurance.

Description of Work
I needed to make sure that I still had coverage.

Category home inspection

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

02/10/2022

Andrea H.

Very responsive agent! Truly LISTENED, responded to my questions and found the perfect product. Was also very honest about what he couldn't help with at this time. Felt like I was dealing with a friend.

Description of Work
Insurance services

Category

Work Completed On 01/12/2022

10/09/2020

Gina L.

Theo went above and beyond great customer service. He was friendly, empathetic and put my mind at ease in an otherwise extremely stressful situation. I would recommend him for ANY service!

Description of Work
Homeowners insurance claim

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thank you for this great review, [Member Name Removed]! It is great to hear Theo was able to put your mind at ease, we work hard to make these processes as stree-free as possible.

10/07/2020

Deanne K.

Absolute best service and customized coverage - don’t be underinsured!

Description of Work
Property, Auto, Personal Liability Insurance

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

Thank you for this kind review, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate it!

10/05/2020

Daniel B.

We all need insurance to legally operate a vehicle and/or get a mortgage, but who to buy it from? I value independence and objectivity, so sought an independent agency. Capitol Benefits recommended a comprehensive coverage package (including personal umbrella) and then shopped the market for the best rate. Overall, a great experience.

Description of Work
Auto and home insurance

11/05/2019

Maria Elena F.

Juliana is very nice and helpful, she give me all information a need, I buy again with her my insurance

Description of Work
Very good , a like Juliana very nice and very helpful.

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

Thank you, Maria! We are so happy to hear that Juliana was able to assist you with your insurance needs, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

10/24/2018

Abby J.

Josh Lavine and his team at Capitol Benefits provide incredible service and are extremely professional.

Description of Work
Changed all of my insurance and added more coverage

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

10/23/2018

Dorie G.

Our daughters’ wedding was in Charleston, SC the weekend after hurricane Florence barreled down on the South Carolina coast. Not knowing if the wedding would take place until several days prior, purchasing wedding insurance as soon as we had the venue and the date, was the smartest thing we did. The wedding went on as planned and was fabulous! I highly recommend purchasing wedding insurance and Capital Benefits is the place to call! Ask for Kelly - she’s the best!

Description of Work
We purchased wedding insurance

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Review for Capitol Benefits LLC - 364 Main St, Gaithersburg, MD - 37498080

10/23/2018

Andrew R.

Josh and his team are the best. Service is top notch and they find insurance that other brokers cannot. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Business and health insurance.

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

08/13/2018

Jennifer I.

They were able to find me good rates with the coverage I wanted.

Description of Work
Investment property insurance

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

So glad we could help [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to continuing to provide you with grade A services!

10/31/2017

perrihan A.

Alan was amazing! He suggested to directly contact our lender to ask for the required information instead of having me do so which proved perfect because of the short time frame I had to select an insurance policy and send it back to my lender before closing. Alan was professional, very responsive, diligent and he gave me much quotes than our current agent of 9 years did! I may be reviewing all my other insurance quotes through Alan. Thank you.

Description of Work
We needed quotes of home insurance for our new home.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

Alan is incredibly knowledgeable and we love that you are so enthusiastic about the service he provided you with! He would be more than happy to review all your other insurance quotes and continue to find you the best coverage possible. Thanks for the review and we look forward to continuing business with you!

09/22/2017

Anne M.

I took over handling my parents' properties and auto insurance several years ago and what a mess it was. They had used Allstate for years and I discovered major overcharging and mishandling. I called Capitol based on reviews and have been working with Alan Putterman since. He was and continues to be unbelievably responsive and attentive. He matched our needs with the appropriate companies and coverage - homeowners on parents' home, rental properties, rental insurance for renters, and auto.

Description of Work
Homeowners insurance on main home and several rental properties, as well as auto insurance.

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

Reviews like this are why we do what we do. We want to make insurance as simple and painless for our clients as possible while giving them the best insurance options to fit their needs! Thank you for being a great customer and for this review.

07/24/2017

Victor D.

They helped me find a policy that fit our needs

Description of Work
Homeowner's insurance policy

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We are excited to work with you and thank you for indicating that you would use us again in the future. We are always trying to improve and since most of our clients give us an "A" grade in Angie's List, I'd like to learn more about your situation to find out how we can improve and get from a "B" to an "A" with you. I will reach out to you separately to see what we could have done differently. Thanks again! Josh Lavine

06/07/2017

greg E.

All sorted and for 50% of what I was paying

Description of Work
New insurance

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We are thankful for your business and that we found you better coverage. We always want straight As from our customers, and we aim to be as responsive and punctual as possible so all of our clients know how valuable they are to us. Please let us know what we can do to improve in the future!

06/07/2017

Clifton S.

Alan explained everything to me thoroughly through this process. He got me the best quote available. Never had the process run this smooth.

Description of Work
Car and renters insurance

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

Alan is a great agent, we are lucky to have him at [Member Information Removed] Benefits! We are glad he made the process so smooth for you because that is what we want to do for every client. You can sit back and relax while we find you the best coverage possible so you can have peace of mind!

04/28/2017

Dorrie H.

I would recommend them. They are really good and got us good prices.

Description of Work
They helped us find home insurance for the house and find discount on home and auto insurance.

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

We strive to provide service you can't help but tell your friends about, and we're glad you recognize that! We always find discounts when available and hope to continue to find you both good prices and coverage.

04/12/2017

Alex Y.

Travelers had been charging my mother $9,000 a year for house insurance, Capitol Benefits was able to drop it to $3,000.

Description of Work
I needed to get house insurance at a better price.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

Lower premiums are always a huge plus! We are excited we found a solution for you that did not compromise your coverage while also being easier on the wallet. Thank you for your support!

04/12/2017

Eli K.

They were very responsive, polite and helpful. However, the quote I received from them was significantly more than from the same insurer through another agent, so I did not purchase insurance through Capitol Benefits.

Description of Work
I was looking for an auto insurance quote from an independent agent

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

Thank you for the feedback. Insurance rates are regulated by the state (and city of DC) so that every agent provides the same rates. There are three scenarios in which the rates could've been different from another agent. First, they could be giving you different coverage. There are many, many things that you can change in a policy beyond what you see on a quote or declaration page such as the definitions of what types of claims are covered. We always recommend the strongest wording possible. The second scenario is that your agent used incorrect information to generate a quote. In other words, if they said that you recently put on a new roof when in reality, your roof is 10 years old, he would have a lower rate. This is technically insurance fraud and we will only use accurate information. The third scenario allies when a group discount is established and you are part of that group. For example, our agency has the exclusive rights to a discount for Federal employees so we would have lower rates with that insurance carrier than any other agent in the country. I'm sorry that we couldn't earn your business but I'd strongly suggest that you allow us to do a comparison so we can find out what coverage you think that you have and actually don't.

03/07/2017

Manoj S.

Proactive, very responsive, excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Home Insurance

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]! We are grateful you would use our services again and love that you find us proactive. We hope to continue exceeding your customer service expectations!

02/21/2017

Diane B.

Great. Responsive, thorough and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Needed a new individual health insurance policy for 18 yr old adult child because previous insurer (UHC) stopped writing individual policies in VA 1/1/17.

Category insurance companies, health insurance providers

Work Completed On 02/21/2017

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your kind words and business with us. Straight As is the report card we want from all of our customers and we're glad we earned them from you!

02/21/2017

Diane B.

Dealing with insurance companies is painful. Capitol Benefits made it a whole lot easier.

Description of Work
Words can't express how helpful and persistent Josh Levine was in finding a health insurance policy for our 18 yr old daughter whose coverage was ending because UHC was no longer writing individual policies in VA. There was an unbelievable amount of miscommunication and incorrect information coming from various companies and Josh was relentless in his follow up and clarification. He communicated with us constantly, keeping us informed of progress. Thank you so much!

Category insurance companies, health insurance providers, health insurance brokers

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

Yes, insurance can be quite painful if you don't have the right agency. We're so happy you found the right fit with us and we were able to make the process less daunting for you! Thank you for the review!

12/06/2016

Robin W.

Perfect every time. Professional, nice, prompt. And moreover they explain the complex world of insurance in a concise way leaving no question unanswered.

Description of Work
Over the years I have needed long term insurance policies such as car and health and office as well as complicated special event one day policies

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

Perfect is what we aim for! We are so glad we could help you and make insurance simpler and easier to understand while finding something to fit your needs! Thank you for being a loyal customer.

12/06/2016

Robert H.

The service was always professional, follow-up was timely and Capitol benefits was able to assist me in resolving issues and getting the services that I needed.

Description of Work
Need assistance obtaining property insurance and while I had challenges with some of the bigger agencies, I turned to Angie's list for a referral which was Capitol Benefits LLC