Classic Billiard Service

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2010

4249 Linthicum Rd

Dayton, MD 21036

Classic Billiard Service is a Maryland-based pool table service company. Classic Billiard Service is one of the few service companies who has installed antique and classic tables for some of the country’s most renowned antique pool table restorers, as well as, having experience with snooker and billiard tables....

07/19/2021

DHRUV G.

Mr. Burns is an extremely knowledgeable professional who specializes in the repair and relocation of billiard/pool tables. He has a great reputation among those that know about this line of work, and he has a team of good men that work with him to get the job done efficiently and at a fair price. I am very thankful that he was able to fit me into his busy schedule, and I will continue to recommend highly to anyone needing his scope of services. I wouldn't hesitate to call him again!

Description of Work
Pool table disassembly, relocation, re-assembly

Category moving companies

10/11/2020

al E.

Excellent attention to detail. Looked at other aspects of the table that I had not considered. He tightened some things around the table that needed to be tightened. Great customer service and excellent work. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Level Pool Table And Repaired Table Legs

07/15/2020

Matthew C.

I am so thankful John answered my phone call and booked me in to disassemble, move, assemble, and refelt my second hand pool table! I was a bit hesitant to purchase one because I am no expert on them and I knew I was asking for a big job. From the moment John started explaining the process and what to look for when I saw the table, I knew I was going with him and his team. There were a few folks out there who could do it but something just did not sit right with me after the other phone calls. I guess I just knew there was a better team out there for me and I was right. The team showed up when they said they would, were out of the previous owner's house when they said they would be, took extra time to stop by the shop again to get a different cloth for me, and helped me work out the best spot for the table. Patrick could have just guessed about placement but he measured around each side for me to make sure players could take a full stroke with a standard cue in most spots and at least a smaller one in the areas with less space. He even warned me about the couch on some shots but I decided the person sitting there will have to get up or duck (sorry in advance). It was my decision but he made the outcomes crystal clear instead of just glossing over it. What took my breath away at the end was the fact that they restored the wood on the table so it looked brand new. I did not know that was part of the deal and am so happy that it was. That level of care and concern separates them from the pack in my book. They had another job that they needed to be on time for but they planned properly and built in time to restore the table instead of just putting it up. I also can't leave out that John booked me in for next-day service. He could have pushed it out but he was happy to work with me so the seller could get the table moved right away. I highly recommend John, Patrick, and their group at Classic Billiard Services for all Maryland / DC / VA metro area pool table needs. They carry all sorts of replacement equipment, Simonis and Championship cloth, and balls and cues as well. My table did not need new rails and they were honest about that - if they said I needed them then I had no way of knowing otherwise. What more can you ask for than honesty, respect, and care for the product like it was their own? Thanks John and Patrick, you will be hearing from me again next time around!

Description of Work
Pool table disassembly, moving, assembly, leveling, and refelting

07/15/2020

Matthew C.

Description of Work
Pool table disassembly, moving, assembly, leveling, and refelting

06/23/2020

eric R.

John and his crew made quick work of my pool table repair. I have a 1908 Brunswick Remington Pool Table, which had been restored in 2003. John and his team replaced the cushions with Brunswick Superspeed, completely cleaned and leveled the playing surface. The job was completed in 2 trips, in just under 2 weeks. The table now plays as good as new, the price was extremely fair, and the work performed completely met my expectations. Thanks for a job well done!

Description of Work
Antique Pool Table service

06/14/2020

Sean M.

I can't say enough good things about John and his team. I hired them to move a pool table I bought from Germantown, MD to Southern MD (~2 hrs). Upon arrival at the seller's house, they meticulously inspected the table and kept me informed about damage before transporting and leaving me with damaged goods. We were in constant communication before, during, and after the move. After showing me the pictures of the damage and explaining how it may affect game play, they offered a fair price to replace the table rails and felt to a color of my choice. After arriving at my house, it took two men about two hours to assemble on site. They were respectful and made sure to provide expert advice and ask the right questions to improve my playing experience (e.g. best placement for max playing space, best way to protect the new felt from our cats, and how to maintain it, etc.). All in all, they efficiently and affordably refurbished a slightly damaged table into the beautiful table that it is now (see pics). Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Pool Table Transport, Rail Replacement, Re-Felt

06/19/2018

Martin L.

He was able to complete the work in less than an hour and the table is perfectly leveled now

Description of Work
The pool table needed to leveled

12/13/2017

Andy B.

Great job, professional, polite, quick service. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Pool table setup and apply felt.

11/29/2017

Maria W.

The table is amazing!! They went above and beyond. And kept us in the loop for additional cost as the pockets all need replaced

Description of Work
Level, revelt , new pockets and new bumpers

02/15/2017

Tim S.

Description of Work
billiard table repair

02/08/2017

Tim S.

John Burns gave me a reasonable estimate, and he showed up on time. Once he took apart the table he found problems and fixed other peoples work at no extra cost to me. The table now looks fantastic! This is the best experience with a contractor I have ever had.

Description of Work
Refelting,releveling, and tuneup on a 14 year old table.

12/22/2016

William G.

It went great. They are professional, knowledgeable and true craftsman. I was completely satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They put a new "felt" on my Brunswick Hawthorne.

12/05/2016

Jill R.

Was looking for quote to have pool table re-felt....sent email via website and left voice message. It's been over a week and no one has contacted me. Called Cagle's Billiard, they answered the phone gave me all the information I was looking for - I already have a scheduled appointment next week!

09/18/2016

Beverly Z.

I called and spoke with John(owner of the company) quoted me a price and date of service. I had additional questions and phone calls were answered immediately. The men came on time,very professional and knowledgable . They did a great job recover in our pool table.

Description of Work
Recovered antique pool table

07/25/2016

Geoff Patton and Cheryl K.

I've been impressed by Angie's List providers many times but this was the best. If you totally were an expert in moving pool tables, these are the people you'd want doing it. Totally professional from settling on a price, to their communication in advance of arrival, throughout the move (totally respectful not to track in dirt and tidied up on departure), to keeping the gate closed so our dogs didn't get out. Nice people, fast, organized as you would expect people who do this for a living. When I couldn't find anyone else nearby, I even got a price better than expected.

Description of Work
Needed to have a pool table (not full slate but a good, serious table) moved from my friend's to my house. Decided to have it recovered (re-felted) as they were reassembling it.

04/29/2016

Nathan J.

John's team showed up in the time window given to me. After looking over the pool table, John's team was very honest and told me that I did not need either felt or cushions and that I would be wasting my money. They showed me how to test for the cushions. I was ready to get the cushions done too. However, it is nice that they were not trying to sell me something I did not need. They showed me everything from the break down to the assembling of the pool table while explaining what they were doing. Really nice people and I would use again. Very happy with the service they provided.

Description of Work
I had originally got an estimate from John to come out and move my pool table from Frederick County to Carroll County and replace the felt and cushions on the pool table.

04/07/2016

Vera S.

Description of Work
Classic Billard Service disassembled, relocated (from Takoma Park to Catonsville) and reassembled a 4' X 8'-6" slate topped pool table. They let me know that the side bumpers should be replaced for better performance, at an extra cost, but didn't pressure me at all when I said not at this time.

02/29/2016

Shawn S.

The experience was fantastic from start to finish. I had been thinking about purchasing a used pool table for quite a while, and had spoken to John at Classic Billiard on a few occasions as I identified potential tables for purchase. John was patient and provided expert, unbiased advice regarding manufacturers and what to look for in a used table, without any assurances of getting work. I finally found a great deal on a table; the only catch was that the seller wanted the table out of his house as quickly as possible to clear a room for a home improvement project. I called John on Friday, and he said he could do the move two days later. He arrived at the seller's home a few minutes early and he and his crew of two set to work. The seller and I watched in amazement as they had the table broken down and out of the seller's home in approximately twenty minutes. John did not try to upsell me, and was honest in his assessment that the cloth, which was gently used, could get another four to five years of use, and was not worth replacing in my situation, with young kids likely to give the table a beating. In little more than two hours' time, I had purchased a table, seen it broken down, loaded, moved around ten miles, and set back up with great care and expert craftmanship. They even removed their shoes in the seller's home and my own to keep from tracking dirt. I give Classic Billiard Service an unqualified recommendation.

Description of Work
Broke down a pool table, moved it from one location to another, and set it back up in my home.

02/23/2016

Charles S.

Don't look any further. I shopped around and Classic Billiard was the best price, which doesn't always mean the best service. In this case I couldn't imagine better service. They were prompt, professional and friendly. The team of two went right to work and ensured the area was clean when the table was disassembled. They transported the table and ensured it was in the right spot in the basement. While they were assembling the table I asked 50 questions which they patiently answered. The whole experience was very pleasant. They didn't even want to accept a tip. I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Disassemble, move and reassemble a pool table from one basement to another.

02/18/2016

Carolyn G.

Description of Work
Assembled pool table

Nation Capital Moving

Nation Capital Movers is your moving company in short and long distance moves, as well as short and long-term storage solutions.

In & Out Movers And Relocation

Welcome to In & Out Movers. We are a family owned and operated company in the business for more then 15 years. We perform residential, commercial, local, long distance and international moving services. Our full service storage facility is located in Montgomery County, Maryland. Serving Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia and beyond. We can move you down the road, across the country or around the world. We are a full service moving company, which insures that from beginning to end, your move will be coordinated by us. Whether residential or commercial, moving is often difficult and challenging. It is our goal to make this transition easier by helping you manage and organize all aspects of your move. You can trust us to handle your move quickly, efficiently, safely and economically. Whether we are moving a few pieces to an apartment or a full house of furniture, we are completely prepared and ready. Additional phone numbers -, (866) 925-2515, (800) 346-9857, (301) 762-6620

Offers by In & Out Movers And Relocation on Angi
    Metropolitan Moving & Storage

Metropolitan Moving is owned by two native Washingtonians. Our experienced staff takes pride in handling every move with the highest level of care and service. We assign a moving consultant for each customer who will provide a written estimate, discuss and clarify the details of the estimate, address any questions you may have regarding the move, and provide support throughout the process. Additional phone - (703) 837-0091. Additional email - jmccarty@dcmetropolitanmoving.com. Additional contact name - Justin McCarty (General Manager).

Billiard Table Repair
    Billiard Table Sales
    Check, PayPal

Billiard table installation, assembly, relocation, & disassemble. Re-cushion. New bumpers. Table re-leveling. Re-felting & resurfacing of pool table.