JCabido Remodeling

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2012

Super Service Award winner. We are a local business that originated in 2001 in Silver Spring, MD. Since then, our team of remodeling experts have been working non-stop around the DC-Metro area. Our number of employees depend on job type and size, averaging from around 3-7 employees working at a job site. We offer great prices and great payment plans! Money should never be an obstacle when you want your dream home....

A Service Provider's profile image

+62 more images

drywall (359)interior painting (79)home remodeling (64)plumbers (60)handyman (43)lighting (41)tile installation (35)basement remodeling (33)flooring (33)plastering (32)electrician (30)door installation (26)

08/26/2021

Glenda G.

Working with JCabido was a wonderful experience. I am truly thankful I called for their services. They are not only professional at what they do but also reliable and dependable. The end result, is everything I ever dreamed of which exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend JCabido Remodeling. Their crew is exceptionally skilled, efficient, and responsive. Will use them again in upcoming projects.

Description of Work
They gutted the entire second floor and installed insulation in the walls and ceilings, a new shower to my specifications, walk-in closet, new windows and upgraded floors.

Category closet systems, drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/27/2021

08/14/2021

Katherine A.

This is actually the third time I have hired this company, and I continue to be very happy with them. I had a roof leak that created a ceiling leak in an upstairs room. After the roofers fixed the leak, this company came in to fix the interior damage. They cut out a 48”x48” section of ceiling drywall, removed the water damaged insulation, replaced the insulation, put in new drywall, patched it so you couldn’t see the seams, and repainted. They did a very good job. Some of the things I liked was the owner came with the two workers the first day of the two day job to point out to them what they should do so I didn’t have to explain it all over again, and they picked up and took their plastic sheeting and other supplies with them at night so I could use the room when they weren’t there. I would not hesitate to recommend them or hire them again.

Description of Work
Water damage reapair, drywall replacement, interior painting

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

01/18/2021

Jennifer P.

I hired JCabido remodeling to remove my existing bathtub/shower and sink and replace with a standard tub with ceramic tile surround. They gave me an estimate and got me scheduled quickly. The workers showed up on time and got the job done just as scheduled. I was not sure on how the ceramic tile would look in my bathroom and Bernard helped me to select a tile that would go well for the size of the room. I could not be happier with how my bathroom turned out. I was very impressed with the quality of the work. This company is very professional and provides excellent customer service and quality of work. I plan to use J Cabido remodeling for future projects in my home.

Description of Work
Installed new bathtub with ceramic tile and new vanity sink.

Category fireplaces, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

12/31/2020

Sarah F.

From beginning to end service was outstanding. My husband and I may have been crazy to start such a big project a day before I went into labor with our baby girl but jcabido took care of everything while we were in the hospital. I really appreciated the care they took by sealing off the construction site to prevent dust and debris from entering into rest of the house, especially with a newborn in the house. Bernard and his team were professional and mindful and were proactive. Our basement came out beautiful. I can’t wait to use them again for the additional projects around the our house.

Description of Work
Basement Renovation

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Review for JCabido Remodeling - 3801 Cedar Croft Pl, Brentwood, MD - 39110901

12/21/2020

Tom K.

Bernard and his team are great to work with. They are my go to team for any type of housing project from painting to renovation and remodel work. The folks at J Cabido Remodeling provide detail planning and pricing on every job so there are no surprises and their work is top quality. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Painting and remodel work

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, roofing, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, fireplaces, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, mold removal, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

12/18/2020

Agnes A.

The project entailed trim work application along the foyer, kitchen area, living room and application of ceiling bead board which lasted for 10 days. The project was seamless and smooth. Workers were polite, efficient, and punctual. I give this company an A+ and would definitely work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Carpentry - Woodworking

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 12/19/2020

Review for JCabido Remodeling - 3801 Cedar Croft Pl, Brentwood, MD - 39095709

12/18/2020

Candy C.

The team did a great job! Very pleased with their professionalism. It really looks great. Also, they were able to schedule the work very soon after seeing the job site and generating an estimate. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
replaced kitchen cabinets and patched several drywall areas ran a dedicated line to a new microwave. Touch up paint

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/15/2020

A S.

Cabido is terrific! Responsive, work performed was excellent, and very tidy and organized. Would definately use them again!

Description of Work
Replaced exterior french doors and trim

Category doors

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

11/25/2020

Rosie F.

I've struggled in regards to writing a review about JCabido. Honestly it's been a love hate type of relationship. They do great work but improvements are needed in a lot of areas. I will be back to write a detailed review but currently I'm dealing with a 21 day no heat issue in the middle of WINTER. I should mentioned this is a post completion perspective of how I’m being treated once I’ve PAID in FULL. I initially reached out on November 3rd, 2020 via text message letting them know that my radiators were cold and not getting warm. This was not an issue before they started work on my basement. I asked if their contractor could come out and take a look. I got an immediate response saying they would give him a call and let me know when he could come out. The heating guy came the next day and explained the issue. He mentioned the JCabido Team was aware of his findings months ago and asked them to alert him as to when he could come back and resolve. Apparently, they did not follow up with him or I wouldn’t be writing this review and be without heat at this critical time. After asking for an update in our group chat numerous times, I was given a price to which I responded immediately saying let’s move forward. Since then, I've followed up many times asking for a status and I got this response from Bernard "I'm trying to get a answer from him I'm guessing he's super busy". I’ve called Bernard directly and left a voice mail and text message asking for the contractor's name, number and business name. I wanted to reach out myself because in the past I've caught the JCabido Team in lies. From my limited interaction with the heating contractor, which was awesome as he overly explained everything and was super helpful, I can’t imagine he would leave someone without heat for this long. I also explained to Bernard that I live with a senior citizen and we both have colds. Still no response. At this point, if they are telling the truth and the heating contractor is super busy, they should have reached out to another contractor in their network to resolve my issue. No way on JCabido watch a client should be in a no heat predicament for over 21 days. I’ve started to research contractors to resolve this issue and my hope is that they are competent. I should not have to spend my time doing this task. I regret referring my neighbor to them. Please note this was before things got bad.

Description of Work
Complete basement reno

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

10/23/2020

Rabihah M.

On balance the drywall repairs and painting were well done. Electrical installations went well. The work was supposed to take three (3) weeks and went over, creating a great deal of stress for me as I was on deadline to get back into my home from temporary housing. After I moved into my house, I noticed there were a number of anomalies -- things they should have noticed but didn't. I called them back and they made the necessary adjustments (porch stairs, banister installation, closet shelving, and light switches). The point is that for what I paid, I shouldn't have had to call back for corrections. I give them a C for the length of time as well as the call-backs. I give them a B for responsiveness and for immediately addressing issues I brought to their attention.

Description of Work
I needed for my house to be "made-ready" after returning from overseas and having tenants living in it. The work included: drywall repair, interior painting, removal of existing kitchen cabinets countertops and replacement with cabinets I purchased; installation of light fixtures; and various carpentry repairs.

Category decks, drywall, electrician, handyman service, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

08/03/2020

Racha H.

I am happy I chose J Cabido. No renovation is a cake walk, but this company makes it pleasant. They work as a team and is very responsive and professional. Bernard and Victor came out to give me an estimate talk about what I want done. We decided on building a curbless walk-in shower in place of a tub/shower in the Master and redo the tub in the guest bathroom upstairs. Afterwards Arthur work with me on materials selection and every details of the bathroom. Give practocal as well as artistoc advices. The renivation talk started in Feb but didn't start until late June. Due to Covid 19 and the fact that my husband is immuno compromised, the j0b has to be delayed. We moved out of the house and stay at an apartment 45 mins away. We practocally gave the house over to the crew. On Dr's advise, I could only came into the house 2 hrs after the crew left and inspec the workof the day. Rob is the key man during the work of the renovation. He was there everyday from demolition on until finish. I am an admitted neat freak,but they gave me no problem. Carpet and what left of the furniture that could not be move was covered with plastic. The demolition when so well as if surgically removed. Even the medicine cabinets could have been reused. Rob and his assistance were always neat and clean up afterwards. Rob is a great craftsman who take pride in his job well done and done right and you can see it shows. Wish I could showthe pictures. We are very happy at the result and was so proud of our new bathrooms.

Description of Work
Complete overhaul of master and guest bathrooms

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

05/11/2020

Philip M.

there work was top quality, and on time, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bathroom and kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

05/09/2020

Meenatchi J.

Jcabido did a great job on our kitchen remodel. Our remodel involved complete demolition, removal of a wall, structural changes, installation of gas stove, tiled backsplash, hardwood flooring, expanding patio door to a double sliding door, and appliance, countertop, cabinet installation. We are very happy with the design, installation, and overall quality of the work done. The remodel was extensive and took a span of two months, despite some additional work done. Special shout out to: Bernard for being on top of things to make sure that the work gets done in a satisfactory way and thinking of what is best for the clients; Artur for his patience in listening to different requirements and concerns in formulating the concept and design; and the on-site crew members (Roberto, Gerrardo) for doing the quality work with utmost professionalism. A kitchen renovation is a stressful process for your family to go through, without having to worry about whether things are getting done in the right way especially when you don't have a lot of knowledge on the construction process. I feel that Bernard and his team are people you can trust to do the right thing for you. We recommend Jcabido and would hire them again for future work!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

Review for JCabido Remodeling - 3801 Cedar Croft Pl, Brentwood, MD - 38556086

04/30/2020

Christine K.

Overall, very pleased with our bathroom remodel from J Cabido. The on site team doing the work was fantastic-- friendly, professional, responsive, and skilled.

Description of Work
Full bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

04/30/2020

Arjumand B.

I would definitely hire the JCabido team again. They greatly exceeded my expectations. My wife and I were out of the country during the entire 2-3 month project and expected it to be difficult get the type of updates that would make us feel comfortable the work was progressing well (ie on time and with quality craftmanship). The project managers Bernard and Gui sent us regular updates (w/ photos) on Whatsapp, and made sure to check in with us when discovering any unexpected issues. They were responsive and maintained excellent communication throughout the project. They were also very flexible in providing multiple rounds of estimates and revisions as we tried to tailor the project to fit our very fixed budget. We broke the work into 2 phases to ensure the most pressing items were completed within budget, before moving on to some optional improvement/upgrades. The first phase was completed a week early, and the second phase was on time. I showed photos of some of the work in progress to my brother-in-law (he's a contractor in another state), and he pointed out that they were using the right kind of materials, when they could have used cheaper stuff and I wouldn't have known the difference; I took this as a further indicator of the quality of their work. Invoicing and payment was easy since it was all online. In short, they were amazing. I can't imagine having a better experience with another set of contractors, especially because I couldn't be there in person to check in on the work. I was anticipating a very stressful and frustrating experience managing this project remotely, and it was a piece of cake. These guys are fantastic!

Description of Work
Basement re-model + re-flooring, deck + siding replacement, carpet replacement, patch+paint whole interior, minor plumbing+electrical

Category decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, insulation, plumbing, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/16/2020

Review for JCabido Remodeling - 3801 Cedar Croft Pl, Brentwood, MD - 38532044

04/27/2020

Vincent G.

It was awesome. Bernard and his team were extremely thorough, helping us think through every element. They were quick to come on site, take measurements, put together an extremely detailed budget with great drawings, and discuss what the timeline would be. I felt informed every step of the way. They completely gutted part of the basement, rerouted plumbing, built out a laundry closest, built in desk, Murphy bed, shelving, and a bench. Outside they built out a fantastic custom storage unit that fits the home perfectly. The quality and craftsmanship are second to none, it all looks incredible. We are ecstatic with the outcome. They produced a great product and were an absolute pleasure to work with. We cannot recommend Bernard and his team highly enough.

Description of Work
Basement Remodel and Outdoor Custom Storage

Category custom cabinets, contractors, closet systems, drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, custom furniture, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

04/27/2020

Ryan T.

This company is great! While they typically do remodeling, they completed extensive repairs to my DC condo building. My building, a row house that was split into 2 units built 2015, was poorly constructed by a developer. The developer left us with leaks in every window and door, an improperly built roof, crumbling masonry, and multiple deficiencies both interior and exterior. JCabido came in to rescue us from the disastrous mess the developer left behind (side note - sadly, there was no legal recourse for the developer so everything was paid out-of-pocket by the condo unit owners and HOA). JCabido was awesome to work with. Of all the contractors we reached out to, they were hands down the most responsive, professional, thoughtful, thorough and flexible. Their attention to detail both on the work site and in the office was very much appreciated. The work crew was beyond efficient. The craftsmanship and care they gave to the project was impressive, to say the least. They discovered and rectified so many other unseen issues. Plus, they finished right on schedule. I can't express enough the gratitude I feel towards them for the peace of mind they gave us after living through a nightmare for 4 years. They would be the first company I'd reach out to for any construction needs.

Description of Work
Extensive Repairs to 4 Story Condo Building

Category decks, drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, insulation, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters, doors, mold removal, patios

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

04/26/2020

Bryan H.

JCabido installed 2 bedrooms and a full bath in our rental property . I couldn’t be happier with the work. They are professional yet personal, stay on schedule, and make accommodations to any requests you may have. Their work is guaranteed and I don’t have to look any further for my renovation or repair needs.

Description of Work
Home remodeling and repair.

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, plumbing, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

04/25/2020

Lawrence O.

Our rating overall would be B+/A-. We love the final product of both the basement & deck with a gazebo; the craftsmanship was excellent. The workers were courteous and industrious & arrived, for the most part, on schedule. They did a good job of keeping the work area free of debris. Though the basic design/layout of the basement was done in advance, as the project progressed changes were made as we & the designer made suggestions. However, some of the additions such as crown molding and shelving along the stair wall could have been suggested in the original drawings. We chose engineered hardwood for the flooring which looked really great upon initial installation. Further inspection a few days later revealed hardened glue residue, which by that time was difficult to remove. Workers made several attempts to remove the glue with not much success. Given the unsuccessful repeated attempts and being weary of workmen disrupting everyday activities, we took on the job ourselves. The basement work started the first week of December 2018 and was projected to take 8 weeks; it passed final inspection in July 2019. The deck was started around 20 May 2019 and passed final inspection on 9 August. This was because of some code issues and inclement weather. The cost for the basement and deck with a gazebo was between $100,00 -$120,00, which was neither the highest nor lowest out of approximately five bids. All in all, we are very satisfied with the outcome and would recommend their services.

Description of Work
Finish basement & rebuild deck and gazebo

Category ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Review for JCabido Remodeling - 3801 Cedar Croft Pl, Brentwood, MD - 38521992

04/24/2020

Nicholas J.

The Cabido team were fantastic to work with and a company we would go back to for future projects. First, they are extremely responsive and make you feel like your project is a priority (i.e., crew working each day for full days). Second, the work performed was great and they provided helpful insights without being over-burdensome. And finally, they were priced competitively and completed the work on the anticipated timeline. Very satisfied customer!

Description of Work
Two full bathroom and one powder room remodel; interior painting.

Category home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

04/23/2020

Shobhik C.

Outstanding work on time. Change orders were communicated with transparency. Work was of great quality and any defects were fixed quickly

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, back patio remodel

Category decks, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, home remodeling, patios

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

04/23/2020

Emma K.

We had an excellent experience with JCabido. We hired them to completely remodel the three bathrooms (2 full, one half) in our 1920s craftsman bungalow. They did an excellent job. They were there every single day working on the project from the day it started until the work was completed and stayed in constant communication via text and e-mail (anyone who has had work done on their home know that that is rare and a blessing!). They took care to point out issues discovered in the course of the work (e.g., with plumbing, framing) and did not cut any corners, ensuring the work they performed was of high quality down to the studs. They also had exceptional attention to detail in the finishes of the project. For example, they pointed out to us when we got a batch of tile from two different lots that had slightly different coloring to ensure we didn't end up with any aesthetic issues in our half bath. We were living in our house the entire time the remodel took place and they were great about cleaning up every day and containing the messes (especially important to me because I am pregnant). Overall they were friendly, kind, helpful, talented, and made us feel taken care of. I would recommend them to anyone. In fact, I already recommended them to a friend to replace her roof deck, also in NW DC, and they did an exceptional job there, as well.

Description of Work
We remodeled three bathrooms in our NW DC home with JCabido

Category lighting, replacement windows, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/23/2020