Home Systems Appliance Repair

Founded 1992 • With Angi since September 2007

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

805 Peppard Dr.

Bel Air, MD 21014

We ensure customer safety by social distancing, disinfecting and hand washing between service calls. We wear foot covers, N-95 Masks and nitrile gloves.

Please call for more details.

We are not a global, national franchise or a remote out of state contractor with no local ties. We are a homegrown, local minority owned company committed to customer satisfaction. Founded in 1992, our company has performed over 100,000 service calls, and have over 30 years of experience. Insured, licensed and bonded we provide perfect service delivery to every customer, every time. We are a two time "Best Of Baltimore" winner. We are an Angie's List Super Service Award Winner 2011-2020. We service Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil , Harford, Howard counties, Baltimore city and southern Pennsylvania....

appliance repair (685)small appliance repair (22)water heaters (1)plumbers (1)HVAC Companies (1)

11/03/2021

Clarence H.

Purchased the "$99 for one hour of service" deal. They contacted me quickly via phone. After describing the issues with the refrigerator, it was recommended that I forgo the visit since the repair would be quite expensive and should consider a replacement. I really appreciate the honest assessment! Five stars!

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

10/27/2021

Megan P.

Mr. James came out to look at my washing machine as it wasn’t powering on. I was able to get an appointment quickly and he came within the time frame given. He was kind, took Covid safety measures and even showed me how to service the appliance myself for next time.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

11/11/2020

Larry J.

The job was done quickly and when it was supposed to be done.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Ice Maker replaced and filter installed.

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thanks for choosing us as a service provider and for this great feedback!

10/04/2020

Mike Y.

In response to my review dated 9/24/20 I would like to change my rating. Mr Charles contacted me shortly after my review went online. I would rehire any company who stands by their word and shows their integrity. Misunderstandings happen when there is not clear communication. That may be the only thing that could be improved upon by Home Systems.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

Thanks again for your feedback!

09/25/2020

Mike Y.

Felt like the technician mislead me as to the cost of the repair. Didn't seem like it was diagnosed properly. Was told a part was needed but after repairman left the machine starting working again.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

Good morning Angie’s List Member, Thank you for posting a review based on your service experience with my organization. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations of perfect service delivery. Because this is my goal I have issued a full refund of your service charge. The service call you placed with our company was that your machine was not filling with cold water. The diagnosis of a failed temperature selector switch on your Hotpoint washer was based on testing the strip circuit of the cold water valve from the timer to the temperature selector switch. The temperature selector switch measured variable voltage readings under load. In addition the housing of the switch was substantially rusted. In testing the switch for ohms I removed the wires to the two inner contact points inside the switch to measure continuity. Perhaps this testing caused the contact points inside the switch to now make a connection under load thus allowing the washer to now work. Based on your initial reaction to our diagnosis I understand you were very upset we could not fix your machine in the first service call. Our front line Customer Service Manager tried to accumulate as much information as possible to effect the repair on our first trip however this is a monumental task when faced with unprecedented parts supply chain constraints and not knowing exactly what is wrong with the appliance until we carefully diagnose it. We do our very best as evident with our 85 percent first call completion rate. I have left a message with you in hopes to convey my apologies. Please call my office 443-865-0419 or my mobile 443-804-4456 to let us know if we can be of any help in the future. Thanks again for your business and God Bless! James Charles Owner Home Systems Appliance Repair

09/01/2020

Paul M.

It was done by one of the techs who lived close to us and was his first stop of the morning. He had the proper tools to remove the agitator, so the job was done within minutes with no additional charge other than the service fee.

Description of Work
Removal of a piece of clothing which had slipped under the agitator.

Cost $99.5

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review! Jeff is a great technician on our service team and this great review shows it!

08/11/2020

dennis S.

I followed his advice not to repair, but replace.

Description of Work
cooling system replaced

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

Thank you for this nice feedback!

07/30/2020

Sue C.

Icemaker not producing, problem not found but after unit removed and reinstalled, started working again, yaaay! Thank you Homesystem!

Description of Work
Icemaker repair

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

Cost $99.5

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thanks for this great feedback!

07/17/2020

Rebecca W.

It was excellent. They came when they said they would do.

Description of Work
They fixed my refrigerator.

Work Completed On 05/17/2020

Thank you so much for this great feedback!

07/08/2020

Laurie P.

They did not find a leak which I guess is a good thing but it still cost me the $99 service call fee.

Description of Work
Washing machine leak

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Thank you for the kind feedback!

•Washers •Dryers •Refrigerators •Ovens •Dishwashers •Freezers - Cooktops - Ranges - Built-In Wall Ovens •All major appliances