AdvantaClean of Frederick

Founded 2015 • With Angi since September 2015

2608 Monocacy Bottom Rd.

Adamstown, MD 21710

Specializing in emergency water damage mitigation, mold remediation, moisture control, Radon mitigation systems and air duct cleaning for residential, commercial and industrial customers.

08/03/2022

Sam G.

AdvantaClean installed a radon mitigation system at my house. Within two years, the piping they put in on the outside of the house to vent the gas collapsed. Upon further inspection, the ~30ft., ~50lb. pipe had been affixed upright by two plastic ties screwed to the siding, and the weight of the pipe had caused the screws to tear through the thin plastic on both ties. Similar systems I've looked at in the neighborhood use lighter, metal, gutter-like pipes, and metal ties (stronger ties for lighter pipes!). When contacted, Dave (the owner) tried to get me to pay $300 to fix it, claiming that he otherwise "couldn't help me" because I couldn't reasonably expect their work to last for almost two years. He also said any kind of warranty was void because "wind damage" wasn't covered. The winds in Frederick topped out at 8mph the day it fell, but I guess he's right. It honestly WOULD be unreasonable to expect this quality of work to hold up to normal weather events (normal storms and winds in a fairly mild weather part of the country) and wear for two whole years! I'm frankly surprised it didn't fall earlier. Oh, and it took me calling AdvantaClean three times to get ahold of him (thought I was promised a call back each time!), but that's way less egregious than the whole "doing sub-par work and trying to get me to pay for it when it failed" thing.

Description of Work
Radon Mitigation System

Category radon testing

07/31/2018

carrie M.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Advantaclean, even though technically we didn't have any work done. We noticed that we had some water coming into a small portion of our basement under the carpet after weeks of heavy rain. The technician Ross took readings and looked it over and told us frankly that we shouldn't hire him, he'd certainly be willing to do it but it would be cost-prohibitive compared to what we could do ourselves given the small size of the job. He then took the extra step of helping us remove the baseboard moulding (which ended up being a more time-consuming task than I'm sure he'd expected as the previous owners had secured it unreasonably tightly). He could have easily said "you need to have us do this for X dollars," but instead advised us on what we could do ourselves and even took the time out of his day to help us get things started. That sort of integrity is uncommon in this day and age. I'm thankful that we didn't have mold and didn't require AdvantaClean's services, but in the event that we do require any mold/water cleanup in the future they'll 100% be the first number we call.

Description of Work
Basement water mitigation

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Thank you for the kind words. All of our employees at AdvantaClean of Frederick understand, from myself the Owner down to the newest technician, that we don't just do this for the money and that doing what is right by the homeowner will bring its own rewards in the grand scheme of things. Hearing this from you makes me proud to have Ross as a Project Manager. Thank you and if you ever need us, please don't hesitate to call. David Belan - Owner

04/19/2018

Stephanie A.

They were right on time, very professional. They explained the entire process, showed me pictures of before and after. Cleaned up after themselves. It was great experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned vents

04/07/2018

margery A.

David diagnosed the problem. He and his workers were extremely professional and went over and above expectations to provide timely and quality service. When we had a further problem he came and fixed it without charge. I recommend his company and him personally without reservation.

Description of Work
mold remediation

05/03/2017

Siobhan B.

David, Jason, and the AdvantaClean team were fantastic. We needed mold remediation in our kitchen that required removal of half our cabinets and granite countertops and backsplash. The guys were friendly and professional and their work was great. They were able to keep our cabinets and counters in once piece to be reused, which we were concerned about. David was very responsive to our requests and provided a realistic estimate for the work. Jason and the rest of the guys got the work completed quickly and without any hiccups, and we would not only recommend them, but hire them again without hesitation. A+++

Description of Work
Mold remediation in the kitchen of our home.

02/17/2017

Sandy S.

David saved me a lot of money! I was told by another company that I did have a mold problem. David came in and took a look and said all looked just fine, that he didn't see a problem. If he can come in and tell me that, after another company said that I DID have a problem, then I know that he is not out to make a profit on me! I appreciated his honesty and would definitely hire Advantaclean of Frederick if I ever do have a problem with mold! I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
None, I was told I didn't have mold.

Category mold removal

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Although all businesses are in the market to make money, we refuse to take advantage of people and sell them on services that they don't actually need. I would always rather to be able to tell my customers that they don't need mold remediation, even though that means we won't be performing services that make us money. It is always about what is right for our customers.

11/01/2016

Danni L.

David, Jason and their crew were awesome. David and Jason came to the house after I discovered mold in an area where my kids play. I wasn't sure if it was black mold or not but I wasn't about to take a chance and neither was David. He assessed the work effort within 48 hours of me contacting them at midnight on a Saturday! I was shocked at how fast they responded. The price was exactly what I was thinking it would be and even David told me that he may not always be the cheapest but he does the job to the standard of whether or not he would want to live in that space afterwards. It showed big time. I could not be more happy with the service I got from AdvantaClean.

Description of Work
Mold removal and cleaning

Category mold removal

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I am grateful for the kind words. We always try to do great work at a fair price for our customers, and we ALWAYS take the job seriously, as if we are going to live there when we are done.

10/19/2016

Chris A.

David was extremely responsive and immediately identified trouble areas we hadn't even noticed. He provided important advice on how to mitigate other potential issues and recommendations for some of the other work needed. He was very professional and knowledgeable, and we were very glad we were able to have him consult on what else needed to be done. We will definitely recommend him to others who might need his services, and hope to use him down the road for other non-flooding related work that may be needed.

Description of Work
After a sewer back-up due to a pipe break, David came out to review the damage and provide guidance in what steps needed to be taken. Unfortunately, we did not call David right after it happened (like we should have) as we were dealing with plumbers and flooring professionals that we already had a relationship with; however, a few days later we decided we wanted a professional opinion about other potential issues.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed]. We always want our customers to know everything that we can teach them about the issues they are faced with so that they can make the correct decisions. Thank you for keeping us on speed dial for anything else that you might need and thank you for letting others know about our team.

05/20/2016

JC M.

Mold free and gave advice on how to remain that way

Description of Work
Came to my home, inspected basement for signs of mold

12/28/2015

Jim S.

.Dave and his guys did an excellent job- they scrubbed all surfaces, applied chemicals to kill and inhibit mold growth, and repeated until Dave was comfortable the problem was gone. This was a heavy duty mold growth- joists, floors, walls, and everything in between. I am very satisfied with the work performed, and will use them again in the future as I buy and refurbish depressed houses. They were very friendly, professional, and hard working in a difficult environment.

Description of Work
Cleaned a heavy duty mold growth. Entire basement area as well as three rooms on the main floor- walls, ceiling joists, cabling, everything

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

Thanks [Member Name Removed] We have a very high standard for what we consider to be "AdvantaClean" vs. just Clean... We really enjoyed working with you in resolving your mold problems and wish you the best with your major renovations!

11/23/2015

Ann M.

It went exactly as I had hoped. They were punctual, thoroughly explaining the process and keeping us updated as they progressed. We had a crew of 3 and it took them about 5 hours. All our ductwork, both intake and output were thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. David, the owner, came to check on how things were going, and to make sure we were satisfied. He inspected the work being done. It was a pleasure having this crew here. They cleaned up after themselves (really no dirt in the house from the process itself). I'm really pleased with the results. I highly recommend this company. They are hard-working and thorough.

Description of Work
AdvantaClean of Frederick cleaned all ductwork in a 16 year old home, and sanitized.

Category air duct cleaning

Thanks so much [removed member name]! You have a beautiful home and we try very hard to do everything we can for our customers to make certain they are satisfied.

11/02/2015

Henry P.

Dave and his crew responded fast with a good and fair price. His crew worked through the weekend to get the basement clean and dry. Everything is ready for my rebuild contractor to start the reconstruction. Dave came through with everything that he promised and on time.

Description of Work
Cleaned up water damage and mold growth due to flood in basement. Removed damaged drywall, trim, insulation, framing. Treated remaining materials to stop mold growth.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Thanks [Member Name Removed] If you ever need us, don'the hesitate to give me a call!

10/23/2015

Andrew B.

Description of Work
They did a full duct cleaning.

10/23/2015

Kathleen S.

Description of Work
He cleaned and sanitized due to an odor.

10/21/2015

Kathleen S.

I called Advanta Clean on a Sunday evening. The odor in the bedroom was getting really bad and it was getting critical to get in touch with someone who could help. Dave called back immediately and arrived at my house first thing Monday morning. Dave worked hard to find out what was causing the odor. He had a good idea and proceeded to remove the wall where he felt the odor may be coming from. He started at the bottom of the master bedroom closet wall so that he would not have to disturb the shelving and make more of a mess than would be necessary. Sure enough there it was - the mouse body. He removed the culprit and sanitized the area. He did such a good job of taking out the wall that the person who came in to repair it was really gratefulof the work that Dave did. Dave was so considerate of the person who would have to come in and do the repair. I would not hesitate to call Advanta Clean again.

Description of Work
Advanta Clean (Dave) came in and determined where the horrible odor was coming from in my bedroom closet. Dave figured out it was coming from behind the wall as opposed to the vent as I had thought originally. Dave found the culprit (a dead mouse) removed it and sanitized the area.

10/12/2015

Mystica O.

Wonderfully! My air ducts had been smelled and I hired a company six months ago. I called that other company two weeks later to let them know the smell was returning. I decided to call AdvantaClean. The technician was informative and greatly knowledgeable. The owner and his worker spent three and a half hours cleaning my ducts. I am beyond pleased with their work and I would recommend them to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
They cleaned my air ducts.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

Flood Crew LLC

*24 Hours Emergency Service Response Call 571-332-3890* Flood Crew works with all insurance carriers and offers a Free Infrared Inspection* Throughout our history we have developed superior technology and processes with one goal in mind – a healthy indoor environment! We are the choice for many homeowners, realtors and businesses. Flood Crew is a full cleaning & restoration company based out of Sterling, Va since 2008. We believe in providing top notch service when you need us most. You can be assured that every job is done with the highest of skills. Serving Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC. Call our office at 571-332-3890

Offers by Flood Crew LLC on Angi
    HOME IMPROVEMENT DUCT CLEANING

Award 2022

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Emergency water damage mitigation, mold removal/remediation, air duct cleaning, Radon mitigation systems, moisture control solutions - free estimates for visible mold or emergency water damage mitigation,