Keane Painting

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2008

Keane Painting has been in business since 2001; offering the highest quality interior, exterior, commercial and residential painting. We have been a preferred contractor for Walgreens, CVS, and Advance Auto Parts for many years. We work with leading general contractors in the Boston area. We have no shortage of satisfied customers to provide references. Call us today!...

interior painting (95)plastering (17)wallpaper removal (7)house painting (6)drywall (14)hardwood floors (1)

05/11/2022

Jimmy L.

Barry’s communication is topnotch, he always responds quickly for any answers/requests. He’s punctual and professional, and the final result of the condo’s paint looks amazing.

Description of Work
Wall paint

Category drywall

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

01/19/2022

Josh M.

We hired Barry for a huge project: to paint the interior of our house literally from top to bottom. There’s nary a space that he didn’t touch—walls, ceilings, trims, doors, hearth, cabinets, window sills, steps, radiator covers, basement—he covered the whole nine yards. They also patched holes in our walls and ceilings, and sanded and finished our stairs. Everything looks seamless, and absolutely gorgeous. If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t hesitate to ask him back. Aside from being an A-plus painter, Barry’s also a delight to work with. He’s friendly, fair, quick to respond to questions, and knowledgeable about different types of paints and finishes, which we found particularly helpful. We would happily recommend him to friends, neighbors or anyone who asks.

Description of Work
Interior and (a little) exterior painting

Category drywall, hardwood floor, plastering, wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

Review for Keane Painting - 220 Willow St, West Roxbury, MA - 39602426

12/15/2021

Richard W.

It went very well. Barry and Pablo were here for three days last week. They were prompt and did high quality work. Barry went the extra mile when he ran out of special cabinet paint. He called all over the city until he found it. Supply chain problems. They care about their work and the results are lovely. Three days of great conversation. I highly recommend these two fine painters. Richard Walker

Description of Work
Our kitchen and back hall painted, as well as the back door. Ceilings, two coats. Removed wallpaper in kitchen. The walls were patched, primed and two finished coats applied.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

12/15/2021

Joe C.

Barry was prompt in meeting us, and thorough in his preparation of all of the interior walls and ceilings before painting. He managed to finish the job earlier than anticipated which was a big help. He left the work area clean and the overall job is very nice. I would not hesitate to hire Keane Painting again. Well done!

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/28/2021

12/13/2021

Gail N.

Keane painting has been our go to painters for many years. This summer they painted the interior of our entire home in West Roxbury before we put it on the market to sell. They also painted our new home before we moved in. Both places look excellent. Barry really knows what he is doing. His work holds up and looks flawless! His is truly the best there is!!

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 12/13/2021

11/22/2021

Victoria R.

Barry was a delight to work with. He was up-front about his availability and stuck to schedule, and the place looks absolutely beautiful. After a site visit, he gave me a quite affordable quote and stuck to it. He kept in touch during the work about little details, such as which shelves were being left on the walls or whether I was satisfied with the coverage. He rolled with my unusual color choices without pushback, and was able to get the materials in a timely fashion despite current shortages. I had some pretty specific requests about small surfaces and the transition from cathedral ceiling to loft which he followed perfectly. No mess, no mistakes. Also apparently he was nice to the neighbors. This was my first time hiring painters, and he was communicative about the process. Highly recommended! As a note for anyone looking at photos, I specifically requested that the trim and ceilings, except for the blue, be left as they are for the moment, so if you see any dings on the trim, that doesn't reflect Barry's work.

Description of Work
This was a multi-room interior paint job with vivid colors, an odd layout, and special requests, including painting a sloped cathedral ceiling and making a dry erase wall.

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

Review for Keane Painting - 220 Willow St, West Roxbury, MA - 39553066

04/28/2021

Sharon S.

Amazing! I have tried to repair my bathroom ceiling for years and it always came out substandard. I thought I would give it one more try with Keane Painting. I couldn't be happier. It looks like a brand new ceiling! They were professional, friendly and did a great clean up job. I can't recommend them more. I actually am having him do another painting project.

Description of Work
bathroom ceiling plastered and painted

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

03/18/2021

Katie L.

Working with Barry Keane was great. He was easy to contact, came for an estimate quickly, and was flexible in the work done and when to do it. We had a wall that had been ruined when we took off a fake headboard the old owners used liquid nails on. They fixed the wall and made the whole room beautiful with a fresh paint job. They were efficient and kept the place clean. We highly recommend Barry Keane Painting and would gladly use them again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting & Wall Repair

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

02/05/2021

Lewis F.

Barry was great. He was incredibly friendly from the second I called him, and was able to come out the next day to provide an estimate. Turn around time from the time I called until the time the job was done was less than a week. The quality of work and price he quoted was also fantastic. I will definitely use him in the future. Thank you!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

10/23/2020

Nicki K.

I am completely delighted with the work that Barry and Keane Painting did! It was fast, reasonably priced, and the end result was fantastic. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Patching, priming, and painting in two rooms

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

08/28/2020

Sharon I.

painting of living room and ceiling

Description of Work
Barry and his partner painted the living room and ceiling in my second floor unit. They did a great job. Very friendly and neat. Will be hiring them again for front hall

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

03/12/2020

Mary W.

Working with Barry of Keane Painting was smooth and he inspired confidence from start to finish. Barry was quickly responsive when I first contacted him through Angie's List, and he remained committed to completing the job, even when I had over a month of delays due to new construction delays. Barry Keane was professional and detail oriented, and took care of all of the details of helping determine what finish of paint for each room, including purchase the paint and additional paint when needed. Keane Painting completed the work in the time frame I had hoped for. He and a second painter worked together and were friendly, respectful and did an excellent job. They painted efficiently and with precision, cleaned up the work areas well, and I am thrilled with the outcome!!

Description of Work
Wall painting in 2 bedrooms, 2 closets and a bathroom and 2, all with 9 foot ceilings.

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Review for Keane Painting - 220 Willow St, West Roxbury, MA - 38440020

11/19/2019

DeeandBill B.

Very happy. Barry and Poblo are perfectionists. They see and correct things before most people would even notice a defect. Price was very reasonable. *** Heads up. Barry is VERY busy. If you can wait for your job and can be flexible with your dates, you won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
Crack repairs. Drywall patch. Ceiling and wall painting. Window sash staining and painting.

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

11/13/2019

Paul S.

Barry did a great job. I am very pleased with the outcome of the rooms. His work is superior and he used quality paint. I am very pleased with the outcome and have received many compliments. I will be using Barry again.

Description of Work
Painted ceiling and walls of bedroom, family room and office area.

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

10/14/2019

ARNIE G.

Barry did a fantastic job. He is meticulous and efficient in his work. Barry made sure everything was done to my satisfaction. I would definitely hire him again and give him my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Painting first and second floors. Patch drywall and create drywall soffit to hide pipes

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

10/02/2019

Olivia K.

Barry and Pablo did very nice work in our small bathroom, which was previously wallpapered. We removed the wallpaper ourselves but then had Barry come in to give it some fresh paint. Barry was very responsive from the start and forthcoming about his busy schedule, but we were fortunate that he was able to squeeze us in between larger projects. They arrived promptly at 7 AM and worked quickly, done in just a few hours and the bathroom looked great! Very friendly guys as well.

Description of Work
Paint ceiling, walls, trim and door of small bathroom

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

09/06/2019

Sophia C.

Barry showed up on time and did exactly what was expected; three walks were painted blue and 1 white. He was extremely efficient. There were no problems at all considering it was a Sunday and fairly last minute.

Description of Work
I needed a small office painted and the cracks in the wall plastered.

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/14/2019

07/01/2019

Alexandra K.

Barry did a great job! He came over the day after I requested a quote and sent me a quote the next day. Once I reached out to schedule, he fit me in within a week. The work is excellent- you can't tell there was water damage in my stairwell or a crack in my wall. Barry kept me informed about when he would arrive and was there right on time. I would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Painting in stairwell (covering water damage) and crack repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

04/24/2019

ANNIE W.

GREAT. Barry was easy to work with. He was responsive and efficient. I would hire him again any day!

Description of Work
repaired and painted kitchen ceiling

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

02/13/2019

Robert K.

When I look for a help on Angie's List, I look for a contractor that has a high percentage of "A" reviews, and I dismiss the reviews where things did not work out because it is not possible to please 100% of the public. There is always going to be someone who is looking for something to complain about. If a contractor has 90+% "A" ratings over multiple reviews, the odds are that someone is going to have a good experience. I can say with respect to Barry, you aren't going to find a better painter. You can try, but you aren't. Barry also does all the work. And he is a pleasure to deal with. Just look at the reviews.

Description of Work
Complete first floor of house, walls and trim painted, including foyer and stairs.

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

12/20/2018

Elizabeth B.

They did an excellent job. They were at my house promptly at 7:00 a.m. each day and finished the job in the time-frame promised. They were neat and left everything in great shape. The added bonus is that they are really nice guys and I no problem going to work each day and leaving them to do the job. I will be having them back soon to do additional work.

Description of Work
I had Barry and his sidekick paint two ceilings and all the walls and trim in my living room and dining room.

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

08/21/2018

ANN B.

Barry did a great job. He is professional, friendly and responsive and a pleasure to work with. The apartment looks fantastic. Barry came when he said he would and left the work site tidy. He was slightly more expensive than some other painters but he took a lot of care (and time) to do the job correctly so I think it's worth the extra cost to hire Barry. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
wall repair work, interior painting (trim, walls, ceiling of entire apartment)

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/21/2018

07/05/2018

Brendan O.

Barry was excellent - friendly, transparent, punctual, and high quality. We'd use him again for any painting jobs we had.