Boston Best Rate Movers

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2009

252R Calvary St

Waltham, MA 02453

Let the friendly, experienced staff at Boston Best Rate Movers take the stress out of moving your home. We offer a wide variety of services, so we can do as little or as much as you need: we’ll pack just your breakables or everything in your house, store everything overnight if you find yourself

08/02/2022

Denise D.

MARVIN, CEASAR, AND OMAR were a dream team. These three were quick and efficient. I was so amazed with how easily and quickly they moved all my furniture. Also, in both locations both my permits for moving had issues and they quickly sought a solution. THANK YOU!

Description of Work
Moving to a new apartment

03/19/2022

Jason S.

Be careful with these people. The assisted with a move out and offered to store my possessions until I needed them back. As part of the storage agreement they offered me access to my things if I needed anything back during the interim. When that time came they denied agreeing to that informing me that they were not a Public Storage Facility.. they were a Private Storage Facility. Lauren Swiss told me I could request access to my things. Sebastian Lizardo told me that was not possible. With respect to the move out.. they did things without getting my approval that increased the agreed upon rate by $300 - $400 dollars. When that time came for me to take my possessions back they required me to sign a waiver releasing them from liability if my things where damaged or missing. The requirement came as a response to asking them for access to an electrical out-let at there facility to make sure my electronics worked. I also indicated things were missing from my inventory list and asked them to confirm they had it. They changed that inventory list. Cute. Regardless, we agreed for a move out last Sunday 3/13/22. Upon arriving with a helper and a removal company I was told that they would not be available because I refused to sign the waiver. Not only releasing them from liability if my electronics did not work or my inventory was not complete but not to post negative reviews against them or seek credit card action. I have to wonder if this was drafted by an attorney. Sure looked so. They cost me $200 with this stunt. Upon posting this review I was called back by Sebastian Lizardo (customer service) He threatened me about posting this review with the intent to bribe me if I didn't remove it. IN RESPONSE TO YOUR REPLY > I owe you nothing and will not sign a release stating that I will not take court action if my things are damaged or missing. That I will not write negative reviews to the same effect... to get my things back. UPDATE > Shortly after this phone call (3) malicious reviews posted on my google business profile. All in the same hour on the same day when the last legitimate review posted 9 months ago. IN RESPONSE TO YOU ATTACKING MY BUSINESS > My business is not called Anchor Glass. I don't have a physical location nor do I do auto glass so try again with that one. As a mobile service, I don't provide shop services ( for the imaginary lady who was looking for a simple custom cut mirror) Update > They are know demanding that I pay them $377 dollars to recover my possessions. Three hours minimum labor for them to meet me at there "Private Storage Facility" In response to "Helping me when I got evicted from my apartment. First off > I got evicted from nowhere. Second > Do you call deviating from your estimate by doing things to justify almost doubling that estimate without getting my approval first help? Update - they are now sending false service requests on Angies List. Last night an electrician called me. This morning and excavation company called me. As I'm writing this a painter called me. We had a brief discussion about how he got my number. False service request that he said cost him $160. Are you people really doing this? Are you really costing innocent people money? Im sure your gonna deny this so I'm posting all (3) numbers. My name is Jason for whomever decides to confirm this behavior. People don't forget this stuff. Painter - 857- 251-9736 Electrician - 781-254-8490 Excavator - 857-234-1681 Be careful with these people. At this point I am being terrorized. My words are 100% true. I don't have to hide behind false names and false accounts to express my dissatisfaction. It's called behaving like an adult and not a child. Just give me my things back. I anticipate Angies List reviewing this. Please call me so we can get these people there money back. The painter just confirmed that he sent a grievance to you about this. He has my number. These people did nothing wrong.

Description of Work
Help moving.

12/20/2021

Rozin Z.

Amazing! Best service ever! I booked 3 movers crew and the movers texted me prior leaving the office, came on time and were super nice! My moving experience was great! They were very fast & efficient & did everything with care. I will definitely recommend Boston Best Rate Movers to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Move

12/01/2021

Roger Van Z.

Overall, an excellent job by this crew. They arrived on time and began working quickly. They did a great job in packing our things, all of which arrived at our new place unscathed. The members of the crew seemed to take pride in their work and dedicated to doing a quality and efficient job. They were recommended to us by our daughter and son-in-law, who have used them twice, and we would readily recommend them to family, friends or anyone looking for a first-rate moving company.

Description of Work
Moving from Condo in MA to House in NH

11/13/2021

Keon S.

Terrible the worst experience i ever had the foreman tried to scam me by telling me i didnt pay and after i proved i did he still said i didn't and asked for cash. They didnt even complete the job they never for filled the contract they are the worst moving company out there and to top it all off the movers started arguments to stall for time and they are not even based in boston but keep saying on their website that they are if you pay for 3 hours you only get 2 hours of work cause they get 1 hour travel time cause they really based in waltham can you smell the scam why should we pay them 1 hour travel time??? To top it off i had to spend another 300$ dollars to pay some other people to move the stuff they refused to move after being paid to move it. Please beware of this phony moving coming.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and washer, dryer and bedroom set.

11/08/2021

Katherine V.

Amazing service! The movers took so much care in dissembling and reassembling our furniture. They were so hard working and helpful.

Description of Work
Packing and Moving from Boston to Pennsylvania

09/24/2021

Marjorie W.

Wonderful Service, very efficient, quick and professional crew. Extremely respectful of people and property. Best moving experience I have had.

Description of Work
Moving, storage and delivery

09/20/2021

Linrosa T.

I love this moving company ! Talk about contemporary, but old school attentive A+ service. I didn't feel rushed or just another client in their queue even though I know they are busy. One of the best feature is that they allow you to create a personal online account where you can see all your move booking details and also allow you to message them with any questions, concerns, and requests before your move. Takes all the stress and guess work out from just booking a service online or over the phone and hoping for the best day of. They have email and text reminders as your move date approaches as well. The actual movers (Marvel and his team) were amazing. They showed up in the scheduled timeframe on the earlier end. They were thorough, polite, and very fast ! I offered that they can take breaks since I paid for ample time and hate feeling rushed myself, but they were all business. They listened to all my requests during the process and handled packaging and all my items with high regard. They really went above and beyond where they could. They kept me informed when inquired and did everything they could to ensure everything would be taken care of without my offers of assistance as I just supervised offering few clarifications when asked. Nothing broken, dropped, or even dirtied. They tried to keep everything as neat and tidy as possible. Very organized down to the little screws for my TV stand. All 3 movers had such a great attitude throughout the process and it was great they tried to make the process as fun as possible among themselves despite ALL MY STUFF (it was a lot even though they were nice to lie to reassure me it wasn't). I have a lot of clothes, shoes, and accessories from my events. Would highly recommend for a hassle free move and painless booking and payment process. They allow you to tip on card, but I did cash regardless. Will use for future moves down the line.

Description of Work
Moving in and out from my studio to my house

09/08/2021

M J.

Boston Best Rate Movers are the BEST! So kind on the phone and emails - super responsive to our online requests - we had an indecisive daughter and her plans changed! My daughter said the movers showed up on time, super nice and amazingly quick - and she was very impressed with how they navigated the North End in their huge truck! And her delivery to her new place in Cambridge went just as smooth! She has moved several times in Boston and these movers get GOLD stars from us! Best she has ever had -- she said these guys were so much better than her roommates movers - quick, efficient and kind! We are so grateful for such wonderful service! So happy we found you! Thank you Boston Best Rate Movers!!

Description of Work
Moving Company

08/21/2021

Lindsey D.

William & team were wonderful. They moved super fast & easily put together / took apart all of our furniture without any issue. Would without a doubt recommend Boston Best Movers!

Description of Work
Moving from apartment to house

06/16/2021

Alissa T.

Marvell and his crew were careful and conscientious with our furniture. They were friendly and worked quickly and efficiently. I think this crew were well worth every dollar we paid!! The company was great with the quote, set up, their website and their communication. I would hire Boston Best Rate Movers again.

Description of Work
Moving from house to condo

03/13/2021

Diane P.

I hired Boston’s Best Movers when I needed a place to put lots of furniture from my parents’ house when they both went into separate long-term care facilities after living in the same house for 53 years. The furniture in their home has never been discarded. A month later, I brought my own belongings into Mom & Dad’s home. The understanding and compassion Boston’s Best Movers showed me at this vulnerable time of my life were remarkable. Their complete understanding and attention to my personal situation created a kind-hearted relationship that I will remember. They were flexible when I changed the date (due to uncontrollable factors), They showed me unusual courtesy and consideration when I contacted them to explain my situation, they listened to my unusual situation (of moving furniture but not my place of residence) when I canceled my contract for a storage unit, they displayed patience when I clarified my cancellation with them. Through their unselfish, devoted, and generous acts of kindness, they refunded my money without hesitation. Without a doubt, they will always be my first choice if I ever need a moving company again. One of the most important relationships that companies need is good customer relationships. Sadly, this quality is not found in many companies. But Boston’s Best Movers have easily gone above and beyond. Kudos to them. They know how to treat customers.

Description of Work
Move furniture from home to storage unit

11/24/2020

moran S.

Yes! This company is the best! Very plesent to talk with the rep on the phone, great online tools, no hidden fee's and the crew was amazing! 3 Movers showed up all with masks :) very professional, respectful and eficent - wrapt all my furniture + provided 2 mattress covers as free of charge - all my belongings arrived with a great care! price was very affordable -this is best experience and also amazing level of service.

Description of Work
Moving

09/25/2020

Julie ..

They were great.

Description of Work
Moved

09/21/2020

Linda M.

Extremely well. They arrived right on scheduled time, they were fast, prepared, protected all my furniture with covering - there was not one dent, ding, scratch or complaint. Loved the guys too!

Description of Work
N/A

09/18/2020

Donna ..

It was perfect, my son used them before, they were efficient, helpful, they worked really hard and they were incredible that's why I chose them again.

Description of Work
They moved my furniture into a storage unit.

06/10/2014

Robert W.

They were excellent, worked very very hard and were terrific to deal with. I would use them again in a nano-second

Description of Work
They moved me from Woburn to Canton

12/27/2013

Shaun H.

It went very well. They were great. They were very professional. They took care of our stuff.

Description of Work
They moved us from NYC to a storage unit in Massachusetts.

03/31/2013

Robert B.

It was the second time that I used this company. The first time, for a move within the Back Bay, they were excellent. This time, the crew worked hard, but the foreman had a very strange attitude. He had trouble communicating (not a language issue). He held our things hostage in the truck once we got to the destination, and insisting on charging my credit card an amount that was much higher than the estimate, in advance of finishing the move. I ended up lifting and carrying a fair number of items during the move even though I was six months pregnant at the time(!) - -this somehow seemed normal within the twilight-zone of the moving-day experience.They broke an item of furniture worth about $200, and when I tried to submit a claim through their insurance, it turned out that the insurance was by weight and I would only get less than $50 back - -- plus there was a statute of limitations whereby you had to submit a claim within a certain number of days from the move, but you needed paperwork from their offices to submit the claim, and there was a huge delay from their end in mailing out the paperwork- - so making the claim in a way that would lead to any results was technically impossible. I learned this after spending hours preparing a claim with photographs of the damage, etc. This all took place via a third party (insurance company), while the original company's customer service completely ignored us. The company's treatment of its customers is terrible.

Description of Work
A move from a condo in the Back Bay to a house in Newton

10/15/2012

Mark M.

My wife and I moved from a two bedroom house in Weymouth, Mass, to Franklin, Mass (about 50 minutes away) at the end of August. We hired Boston Flat Rate to move the contents of a completely filled two car garage, plus about 60 large moving boxes that were in storage. The movers were prompt and had the 26' truck packed in about three hours. Once the four movers started working, they did not slow down for a second. We had to ask them to take a break and have some of the pizza and Gatorade we bought for them. After a fifteen minute break, they were back to it. We didn't have them put together any of the furniture that they moved, since the assembly would be pretty easy and we didn't want to waste their time. They actually finished the job in less time than estimated, so we paid less than we thought we would. I was skeptical about hiring movers (I've always just asked a couple of friends and family members to help out), and I could not have been more pleased with the result. Next to nothing was damaged in the move, and we have a significant amount of fine china, belleek, etc. The movers were friendly and polite, and extremely hard working. The company promptly responded to any of my questions and concerns; every aspect of the move was better than I could have anticipated, and I would not hesitate for one second to use the company again (crossing my fingers that I won't be moving in the near future though!).

Description of Work
Move the contents of our 2 bedroom home 50 minutes away to a new home.

07/20/2012

Neerav P.

This is overall a very good moving company. They are fully licensed and carry sufficient liability insurance which I verified prior to the move. They were able to schedule our move with less than 24 hours of notice because we had to dismiss movers from the moving company that we had originally hired. They were punctual, organized and very efficient. I was amazed that nothing was damaged during the entire move (no damage to our goods or to our property during the course of the move). I found that impressive because it was very difficult to bring our king size bed's headboard up the stairs as it is massive and I was not expecting that the glass top on our dining table and big screen TV would survive the move. The only negative thing that I have to say about this company is that the sales agent gave my wife an initial estimate of 5 hours to complete the entire move and we ended up having to pay for 9.5 hours. It is not completely her fault because it is difficult to give an accurate moving estimate without actually coming on-site based purely on a description of the entire inventory but I was upset that the estimate was so far from the actual price that we paid. However, I would still use this moving company again and would recommend them to my friends and family but insist that they do a proper estimate based on an on-site visit.

Description of Work
I used this moving company to move from a 2 bedroom apartment in Marlborough, MA to a 2 story, 4 bedroom colonial house in Grafton, MA. We had about 60 boxes that we packed ourselves, very expensive master bedroom furniture (king size bed, armoire, dresser, mirror, end tables), living room furniture including a 60" LCD TV with glass TV stand and dining room furniture that included a glass-top table.

12/09/2011

NICK P.

I could not be more disappointed with this company. This is perhaps one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had with a small business, let alone a moving company. The level of unprofessionalism and bold-face lies was truly amazing. At the end of August '11, they moved us out of our 2-bed apartment. I had recently purchased a house that was under renovation and would not be finished for 2 more months. We rented a storage unit to keep the majority of our belongings and had set up a temporary apartment for 2 months. Boston Flat Rate movers came to move us. They packed many of our belongings in furniture blankets for the move. When we got to the storage unit, I said to them "rather than take the time to unpack the belongings from the blankets, only to rewrap them 2 months down the line, could they leave the items in the furniture blankets?" They said that they could do this and that they would charge us $25 per blanket now and refund us $20 per blanket when they did our 2nd move and got the blankets back. I agreed to this, which essentially meant a $5 rental for the blankets. We put this in writing in the contract that we signed with them. When we called 2 months later to schedule the 2nd move, they played completely dumb and swore up and down that they would never say that. They said that they would only refund us $5 per blanket. I said that we had it in writing. They said that it was my handwriting and therefore, not valid. I could not have been more dumb-founded. Who on earth would ever agree to rent 15 blankets (which cost somewhere between $5 and $10 dollars) for $20/each?!?! We went back and forth on this and they finally said that they would give us $10 per blanket. I am still out $150 and have a completely terrible taste in my mouth about this company.

Description of Work
They moved us out of our 2 bedroom apartment, brought half of the stuff to a storage unit we had rented and the other half of our stuff to a temporary apartment. 2 months later, they moved us out of the storage unit and temporary apartment and into our house.

11/19/2011

Paul & Sophia Koo N.

I can't say enough positive things about how well our move went with Boston Flat Rate Movers. They responded within hours to my request for a quote and even told me ahead of time to secure materials like extra packing tape and mattress bags on my own, as their company charges a markup on these items on moving day. We had a little delay in our move because we were refinishing the floors in our new house, and it was no problem - we let them know about 1-2 weeks ahead of time, and they just changed our moving date. Three movers showed up about 5 minutes earlier than our scheduled appointment, and from the moment of their arrival to completion of the move, they didn't waste a single minute. It took them about 3 hours to move and disassemble all the furniture (we had a lot) and boxes downstairs to the moving truck and about 2.5 hours to move and reassemble everything on the other end. The movers were friendly, professional, and extremely considerate of my two baby daughters - they needed to move a dresser and heavy armchair into the babies' room while they were napping, and they were so quiet that our girls (both fairly light sleepers) didn't wake up! Everything went very smoothly - not a single thing was scratched or broken in the move, and I feel the price we paid was an incredible bargain for the services we received, even including a good tip for each mover. We called around to a couple of other highly recommended moving companies before our move, and were quoted about $400-500 more by each one. Would definitely use Boston Flat Rate Movers again, although I sincerely hope we never need to move again.

Description of Work
-moved all the furniture + about 50 heavy boxes from a second-floor 3-bedroom condominium to a house

08/15/2011

Jan B.

It went extremely well. They were great and so efficient. The price was incredible. They worked well together. I have read some reviews on them that weren't favorable. I talked with Mauran and she said she would put the best crew on it. Jamie was the head of the crew. All 4 workers of them were so professional, efficient, and nice. It was a huge amount of work. I was very pleased. She advised me to buy my own tape as they charge $6 per roll. I did the packing ahead of time. They brought blankets and threw them over the furniture. They ended up using the tape as handles. It was a very practical and effective way to move the furniture. I was so pleased, I tipped the head of the crew $55 and each of the workers $40.

Description of Work
They moved me from a 2nd floor apartment to our new 3 bedroom home.

06/22/2009

Heidi A.

We received an estimate of $450 for 4 hours of work, a few weeks before the move. The movers showed up about 45 minutes late. They took TONS of time, disassembling our cheap IKEA furniture (even taking the legs off the 2 pound end tables), wrapping everything in bubble wrap and tape. After 4 hours, they hadn't even left our apartment. By the time they'd reassembled everything, they were nearing 8 hours of work. They then gave me a bill for $1100! They claimed that they needed 32 rolls of tape to wrap everything up. I refused to pay them, citing their estimate for $450. I can understand that it may take an hour or so more than the estimate, but to double their time and to nearly triple their cost on the day of the move was ridiculous! I refused to pay, and they wouldn't leave until I did. The owner of the company called me up and threatened to come to my house to get the money. My husband was at work and we didn't have our phone installed yet, so I was left with a cell phone with poor reception in a strange new house with unfamiliar neighbors. The owner showed up and I told him he couldn't come in the house - we could discuss everything on the front porch. He claimed that he had no way of knowing exactly how long it would take them to move us - even though I gave him a VERY detailed list of what we needed to move (which was just our larger pieces of furniture). I said that as a professional mover, he should at least be somewhat CLOSE to the final price, if not below it. After explaining to him that it was totally unnecessary to disassemble all our furniture and wrap everything (they even took the lightbulb out of our lamp and packaged it separately), we agreed that I would pay an extra $100. I still tipped the movers since they were probably only following orders to take as long as possible. I would definitely NOT recommend these guys, even though all our stuff was safely moved from one place to the next!!!!

Description of Work
Moved from 4th floor 2-bedroom apartment (with elevator) in Cambridge to 2-bedroom house in Waltham. We only needed to move our furniture (no boxes), including a couch, loveseat, 2 desks, futon, dining room table and chairs, a queen bed, and 2 dressers.

Stairhopper Movers

Stairhopper Movers is proud to be Boston full service moving and storage company the of choice for many discerning customers, both residential and commercial. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured so you'll have no worries about safety and reliability. (MDPU # 31321, DOT # 1696867, MC # 623045). Stairhopper Movers is a valued member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A + rating!! We also have been awarded Best of Boston in 2006 - 2007 and in 2010, Talk Of The Town awarded us "Excellence in Customer Satisfaction"- 5 star rating. We are specialized in: Local and Long Distance Moves, Residential and Commercial Moves, House / Apartments moves, Assisted Living Relocation, Corporate, Office Moves, Short and Long Term Storage in our Secure and Climate Controlled Storage Facility, Professional Packing and Unpacking Services, Loading and Unloading Services, Free Estimates, Packing Materials Delivery. We know that a successful move starts with one simple call. We take upon the responsibility of moving your goods so you can concentrate on more important things in life. We offer highly competitive rates and a variety of professional moving services. Every single member of our team will take pride in moving you to a new company location or residential property and every relocation we do gets unique attention and the highest quality customer service.

Award 2022
    Mastodon Moving

Mastodon Moving is a fully licensed and insured professional moving company that takes great pride in providing the best possible service available to every customer. We also believe in being socially responsible and doing what we can to help others in need. For every move we do, a portion of those profits will be donated to local and foreign charities with a focus on helping children in need. We also would be happy to take things you might otherwise be throwing away as you prepare to move (ex. Clothes, Books, Toys, etc) and donate them on your behalf to others in need.

Offers by Mastodon Moving on Angi
    Speedy King Movers & Services

Speedy king Movers is not your average moving company. Our company specializes on moving both locally and long distance. Our company also offers trash removal services, furniture/ appliance delivery and Storage .We have a diverse team of specialists dedicated to assisting our customers with all their household or office related services. Through a consistent friendly environment and hard work of the labourers employed by Speedy King Movers, the company has successfully been able to help numerous satisfied customers and continue running itself for more than 7 years. Our company is dedicated to making your move go as smoothly and safely as possible. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and take pride in our work. We are here to help you.

MDPU#31391
    MA
    Massachusetts Transportation Oversight Division
    12/31/2021
    American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Provide Local/Long distance moving services to all of new england. Commercial/Residential. Provide short/long-term storage. Fully license and insured.