Paul Cornell & Associates

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2003

Po Box 205

Tewksbury, MA 01876

Additional service area: entire area except portions of cohasset-plymouth, fitchburg-leominster, manchester-nashua & worcester....

10/03/2020

Tony S.

Highly recommend Paul and Bill Cornell for your home inspection. They were very thorough and took the time to answer my many questions and walk me through his concerns. Paul was also accessible for follow up questions and provided me with honest answers and opinion. All of my future home inspections will be done by Paul Cornell!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you. Paul

06/23/2017

Tom S.

The inspection was extremely thorough. John was up on the roof and under the sun porch. He took numerous pictures and reviewed issues with us as he went through the cellar, the first floor, the second floor, and the attic. The inspection report is extensive and clearly indicates problem areas as well as potential problem areas.

Description of Work
Performed an inspection on a home that we are considering buying.

01/24/2017

Mathew H.

The inspection went very well, and was extremely thorough.

Description of Work
We are considering putting our home on the market, and wanted to have a home inspection to determine if there was any serious repairs that would be required. There were no serious repairs required, but a number of issues were highlighted during the inspection that we are in the process of addressing.

05/08/2015

Heather A.

Paul and Bill are both extremely knowledgable about all aspects of houses: construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, radon everything that I can think of and more. They are also very nice and helpful. They are pleasant during the inspection, and happy to talk after the inspection and answer questions and make recommendations. This was the third inspection they have performed for me. They may not be cheap, but the information is priceless.

Description of Work
Paul provided a very thorough and informative inspection of the house and outbuilding.

08/04/2014

Vincent M.

We have used Paul Cornell to 'vet out' three homes for us -- but we met him, and started using him, after he came to inspect a home that I owned and was selling. He was used by the buyer. I was astounded at the professionalism of the team, his knowledge, and care. I've passed his name along to friends and family, who use him, frequently. Everyone has been pleased. I would never consider using anyone else, and I would never buy a house without one of his inspections. His electronic 'review', with pics and examples have been excellent bases for negotiating changes in price, and have made us aware of what we were getting into.

Description of Work
Full inspection of homes for sale. From 2007 - 2010 Just called again on an offer for his availability for 2014

05/10/2014

Mike B.

This is the 5th time I used Paul to inspect a house (for me and friends). He came highly rated 25 yrs ago when I bought my house. I call him every time I need a home inspection done. He does a great thorough job every time. He gets there well in advance of the inspection time to scope out things from the outside. When I get there he already has several things to go over. He is very personable and explains everything as he goes around and through the house. He takes pictures of all problem areas for the report. He checks every outlet/switch, opens every window. He is methodical so that he can deduce the source of problems. He knows building codes and points out everything not done how it should be. When he is done, I feel confident nothing is missed. While walking through the house, he explains how systems work for future reference. He covers how to maintain things. The report is delivered electronically shortly after and is very detailed. He is available to answer questions about the report for as long as you own the house. I will continue to recommend him to anyone who asks. Most real estate agents want his number to refer him once they see the work he does.

Description of Work
Home inspection ($500) + detached garage ($50) + Continuous Radon Test ($150) for home purchase

08/04/2013

Brian C.

Arrived early, did inspection of about 2200sq foot house we had an offer on. Paul and his son did the job, both very personable and walked me through every little issue. They were amazingly thorough and answered all my questions. Received the official report 48 hours later, a pdf file through an email link, it was exhaustive and included suggestions for how to repair and potential options to address the issues. The inspection was a little discouraging with so many issues they identified but it was helpful as we went through with the purchase and sale ultimately with our eyes wide open as what we had to tackle now and what would need to be addressed in the next few years. Well worth every penny, I would use them again on a home purchase.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon testing

07/22/2013

Joseph L.

John Gallagher did our inspection and it was the best home inspection experience I've had to date (this was the third I have gone through so far). John showed up early and walked the roof, and even went under the crawl space of a sun room and porch. On my arrival he gave me a detailed breakdown of the issues he found and his estimate of the age of the roof (which matched to what the seller had told us) and showed us pictures of any major issues he found. We then took a thorough inspection of the interior of the house in all taking about 2.5 hours (added to the half hour he spent inspecting the exterior it was a total 3 hours). He clearly documented all findings and took pictures. The inspection was so detailed that I can't fit a full list in this review but he checked every square inch of the house including crawl spaces, and above ceilings when possible. And he took the time to explain everything he found and allowed me to inspect personally when I wanted so I could fully understand the issues that needed to be raised with the sellers. The inspection was done in the late afternoon on a Friday and the report came early Saturday morning. It was electronic, easily accessible through the company website and well organized. The house was broken out into sections in the report and each one started with a summary of the conditions observed with some quick reference ratings and followed by detailed descriptions with pictures to support any issues found. This made it very easy for me to then follow that same format when responding to the sellers about the findings and negotiating on the price. In all the experience was as good as any home inspection can be and far better by light years of any experience I've had in the past. Given my past experiences I almost didn't do an inspection because they never seemed to find anything I couldn't see myself or gave no real information behind what they found. Even my brother, who was there with me and is a licensed contractor, was impressed by John and said "that guy really knows his stuff." You might think that all inspectors know their stuff but believe me I can say that is not the case from experience. Inspectors aren't required to have actual experience in the trades so many, in my experience at least, don't really know the building codes or could tell you the potential causes of certain conditions they find. He knew how everything in that house worked and all the code implications (including electrical). He found code violations from an extra layer of shingles on a section of the roof to poor grounding of a sub-panel. If ever I need to do another inspection I would definitely use them again and would recommend them to anyone who needs an inspection. This is the first time that I've had an inspection where I walked away confident that anything that could have been found was and that type of confidence is important when committing to buying a new home.

Description of Work
Home inspection on 1,800+ sqf home including radon test ($75)

07/16/2013

Hian Kai K.

Was thorough with the inspection and gave a very detailed report in a timely (within the next 2 days) fashion.

Description of Work
House inspection

06/28/2013

Eirene K.

Paul is a wealth of knowledge. He and his son arrived 30 minutes early to start the inspection around the perimeter of the house, and then walked me through what they had already uncovered once I arrived. Paul was extremely thorough. The entire inspection took ~3 hours. He checked very outlet, every window, every crevice. He was extremely willing to explain everything to me and wasn't annoyed that I followed him around like a puppy everywhere. His son is also extremely knowledgeable and took photographs of everything, documenting trouble areas with painstaking detail with arrows in the final report. Honestly, I actually enjoyed the inspection so much, I called up a friend and mused that we should become home inspectors! Highly recommend Paul.

Description of Work
Full home inspection including passive radon test

Radon Systems LLC

Guaranteed Results! Radon Systems LLC has installed over 20,000 successful Radon mitigation systems since 1985. Radon Systems LLC is one of the few full service Radon mitigation companies that remediate both Radon in air and Radon in water. We are state certified and fully insured. Radon Systems LLC is recognized by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) and the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST).

Knight Home Inspection & Testing Services LLC

Rocco J. Castellano is owner/operator of Knight Home Inspection & Testing Services, LLC and has been helping customers with home inspections in Southern NH, Northern MA & ME. He understands buying any size home is a big step, and he will make sure your investment is properly inspected. Our customers choose Rocco J. Castellano because they know he has their interest in hand. Call today and let us show why our customers prefer Rocco J. Castellano time and time again.

DryBoston

We are the preferred disaster restoration, clean up and home remodeling company for Massachusetts homeowners. We stand behind every job we do. Please contact us if you want our team to get to work for you. We'll be on our way to get started.

Building inspections, includes inspection of structure, systems, heating, plumbing, electrical, radon testing,. new construction consulting,. pre-sale, pre-listing inspections.

Lead paint testing, septic inspections, mold testing, environmental surveys, energy audits, chimney inspections.