Gallo Moving & Storage LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2007

120 Quarry Dr

Milford, MA 01757

Gallo Moving & Storage is a locally owned moving company and and agent for United Van Lines, the largest van line in the United States. We have a 70,000 sq ft warehouse in Milford, MA. Our trained and uniformed crews have gone through the most rigorous training in the industry, and it shows in

08/07/2020

Mary B.

The move was excellent. Couldn't ask for better service. Jeff and his crew took excellent care with all of our furniture. I Would highly recommend Gallo Moving:

Description of Work
Moving to storage unit then our new Home (2 moves)

Category moving companies, home staging

02/28/2018

George P.

Very happy with all aspects of the move. Movers were efficient and courteous.

Description of Work
Moving contents of my home.

12/13/2016

Robert D.

The move was flawless. It could not possible have gone better. We were amazed.

Description of Work
Gallo moved us from Central Massachusetts to the Dallas/Fort-Worth area. This involved a 5,500 sq. ft. home and a large outbuilding.

09/28/2016

Paula J R.

The move was non stressful, starting with the estimate from Bill, communication with the office, to both men, Mike and Tony, who did the loading and unloading. All were professional, courteous and friendly.

Description of Work
I needed a moving company to move me from an apartment in one town to my daughter's home, where I'm building an in law suite.

09/04/2015

Rocco G.

Description of Work
Long distance moving from Massachusetts to Virginia. The Massachusetts crew that packed loaded our furnishings onto the Gallo/United Van Lines truck was very good, very professional, as was the driver from Massachusetts to Virginia; however, that crew did not travel with the furniture and boxes. The crew in Virginia unloaded boxes and stacked them in my garage almost to the ceiling, blocking my hand-trucks against the back wall. Yes, many of the boxes were labeled GARAGE but most were NOT. So, half of the experience was good, half was bad.

06/15/2015

Gail S.

When we decided to move from MA in June of 2014, we received multiple bids for the job of packing and moving to SC. We chose Gallo Moving, which was not the cheapest bid, due to their excellent reputation and standing on Angie's List. We also bought additional "replacement value" insurance and a clean up package. Our experience was not at all as we had expected. The packing crew in Franklin MA was a mess. After being told an area was complete, I repeatedly found entire closets unpacked. I found packing materials, including boxes, rolls of plastic, stacked sheets of wrapping paper etc. strewn all over the upstairs bedrooms, which I had to clean up after they left. The person assigned to pack the identified High Value items complained continuously over having to do that work. (Maybe that explains why we found HV items that weren't wrapped with a single sheet of paper, let alone bubble wrap or styro peanuts.) Due to medical reasons, we were unable to actually move until mid-Sept. and our goods went into storage in MA. Scheduling the delivery in September was also a mess. After being told by Gallo that our delivery was scheduled for Sept. 22, my husband and I left MA on Sept.18th. In addition, a family member drove down from NJ to help us. We all arrived in Charlotte on Sunday, Sept 19th, and I put all of us up in a local hotel. I then received a call from the driver that our goods wouldn't be delivered until Thursday, Sept. 25, and he said (and I'm quoting here) we should never have "listened to the office staff because they don't know what they're talking about". That miscommunication cost me about $1000 in hotel and food expenses. I first reported damages and missing items, by phone, to Gallo around October 10th- they were very apologetic and emailed me a claim form. I didn't return that until January 16, 2015, as I wanted to make sure I had gone through everything before filing any erroneous claims. There was damage to some High Value pieces- although we found many pieces with minor chips, I only claimed damage to two pieces. There was also damage to furniture, and a fair number of missing items, like durable food items from a pantry, all of the alcohol and wine (which they agreed to pack), office desk items etc. Some other things I didn't claim at all included all of my dishtowels, all of my spices, which were packed with the alcohol, chipped English stoneware plates which I had already replaced, broken pyrex, stoneware dishes and coffee pots, which were also not wrapped inside the boxes. After submitting the claim form, I had to follow up every 2-3 weeks for status. While the damaged furniture was repaired quickly, we were getting no information on all the missing items. On April 1, we were told that the insurance company would not pay, because we didn't have receipts (for food and alcohol purchased the summer before!), and because we had "waived our right" to check off boxes as they were delivered. I never "waived my right to check off boxes"- it was never offered. As soon as the crew arrived, I had three or four guys carrying two or three boxes at a time, coming in through two entrances to the house. I don't know how I was supposed to chase them around. Finally, we were told the owner would pay for our losses out of his own pocket, and it still took over a month for them to cut the check, which we received on May 2, 2015. It wasn't a large amount of money (about $1,000) and the time it took, the follow ups and the difficulty were the worst we've experience in 5 interstate moves over the last 20 years. I could not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Gallo Moving, an agent of United movers, contracted with us to pack and move our household belongings from MA to SC.

02/25/2015

Anna D.

Description of Work
Gallo is affiliated with United. I selected Gallo because of positive reviews on Angie's List and United had the personal recommendation of a colleague who has made several long distance moves using them and was very happy with that company. Gallo packed up most of my house (I did some packing before they arrived), stored everything for 2 months in MA until we bought our new house, and then delivered everything to our house in PA. They delivered everything on the day they promised they would. I have not unpacked everything yet, but the TVs work, there were no broken pieces and so far, nothing has been lost (I'm still unpacking but the important things are all here and intact). They gave me 9 months to find and report any problems, which seems very generous. The MA team (Ryan, Tony and Mike) were excellent at packing everything and loading it into their trucks (courteous, efficient and professional). Special thanks to Ryan for finding my very expensive wedding ring in a kitchen drawer and handing it to me, saying "You might want to take this with you." I would have been frantic if he hadn't seen it because I forgot it was in there. The delivery to PA was handled by John, who also was excellent. The price was on the high end of the 4 estimates I received (but not the highest), but I am not as sensitive to cost as I am sensitive to recommendations from others. Plus, you get what you pay for. I hope I never move again but if I do, I will definitely call United and if MA is involved, I will definitely call Gallo.

07/03/2014

Samuel F.

They qualified as far as my requirements were concerned. I was looking a specific type of service and they provided it. They were satisfied with the price.

Description of Work
I've recently used Gallo Moving & Storage. A friend of mine is the one who ended up paying for it because it was their stuff that is being moved from our house.

11/25/2013

Erol I.

Mr. Gallo came in person to offer me an estimate. He arrived on time and answered all my questions. He sent a written proposal via email within 12 hours. I compared his quote with that of three other movers. He then took my phone calls and answered my follow up questions (I wanted to ensure that there were no assumptions and gotcha's). Of all the movers, Gallo was the one with the least mistakes and assumptions in their quotes. The rates were extremely reasonable, especially considering that I had tied up one of their trucks for three days (over the weekend) before moving into our new home. One competing moving company quoted me for two trucks and no overnight storage for twice the cost. Make sure you question estimate assumptions! Apart from the rates being reasonable, we got the most delightful, responsible, clean, and professional driver and moving team. They emptied the house in 5 hours. On move in day, they moved all the furniture into our new home in four hours. They even destroyed a hornet's nest with hornet/wasp killer for us. They exceeded our expectations on every level. The only stress I lived through during the whole move process were the days and nights I spend packing and unpacking. The actual logistics, storage and moving were a dream thanks to Gallo. You should definitely have them on your short list of movers to come and estimate your moving needs.

Description of Work
We moved from North Quincy to Winchester but had to store furniture in the trucks over the weekend (three days).

11/03/2013

Karen W.

Kevin and his crew were great. They arrived promptly and work almost continuously...barely stopped for lunch. They were professional and took great care of the furniture. I would recommend them highly! The firm was a bit higher than other companies we had quote the job, but we wanted to hire local folks. They were definitely worth the few dollars more. The old adage "you get what you pay for" definitely holds true!

Description of Work
Moved all the heavy furniture from old house to new house

09/25/2013

Amy F.

It is very rare that I give all A's - but this company deserved it. They worked hard, took such great care in moving our belongings, and were very friendly and pleasant. They ultimately came in one hour under their original estimate.

Description of Work
Moved a 1500 square foot home from Ashland MA to Ashland MA.

08/19/2013

VALERIE K.

Worked quickly and efficiently. Placed furniture exactly where I requested. Excellent service . Called prior to arrival and alerted me to the fact they were running a bit late.

Description of Work
Moved extremely heavy loft bed furniture pieces from the second floor to the garage. Also moved heavy cumbersome furniture from the garage to the second floor.

08/02/2013

Michael P.

Tony Gallo's quote was clear and detailed. Customer Satisfaction is a primary focus of the company. The move was smooth as could be. Movers showed up on time, were courteous and finished the job without damaging our home. I would recommend Gallo to anyone in the future - a great company that is very customer focused!

Description of Work
Moved our home goods from Billerica to Holliston, MA

12/03/2012

Karen C.

Very smooth, professional and worked well together.

Description of Work
Had the service on a Wednesday come and do the packing, boxes and all. Thursday they held it overnight and delivered on the Friday the day of I passed papers. Everything went very smoothly, they worked with me so there would be no issues or interruptions.

11/28/2012

Alice R.

The crew was amazing!!! Gallo gives you an estimate that the job will not go over so if it takes longer the estimate stays--if it takes a shorter amount of time the the estimate is adjusted to a lower amount which is what happened for us!! Ours was a two day move and on day one the four man crew came in--surveyed what had to be moved and went into action--what a well oiled machine--no standing around--everyone had a job to do and they worked really fast, loaded the truck--drove the truck to the new location and unloaded. Stairwells were wrapped and floors covered at both locations and they were gone before dark . The next day --same thing. I have all antiques--all were wrapped and packed carefully--nothing broken!! The crew was pleasant and fun to work with and maintained a pleasant attitude all day and believe me they worked hard!!! They placed rugs and furniture where I wanted and moved it if I wasn't happy with the location. I would recommend Gallo Movers to anyone. By the way --their estimate came in the lowest of the three estimates we got--and we have already recommended them to someone we know is moving!!

Description of Work
We moved 11 rooms of furniture and 23 years worth of accumulated items to a new location within the same town.

07/13/2012

Jennifer E.

We had a fantastic experience with the Gallo team! Bill came to our old home, and gave us a thorough estimate of what to expect. (I got 3 quotes, and they were the only ones to do this.) Moving day went by without a hitch. Mike and Tony were really fast, efficient, and funny too. While moving is always tough, they were all a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving household goods, and approximately one day of storage.

06/05/2012

Joseph A.

The salesman that I spoke to was very easy to deal with. He tried to come up with the best solution for us that would cause the least amount of money. The movers who came on the truck were all good guys, they were friendly. They were conscientious about our property. They were accommodating, and flexible. It was rather expensive because of what I had them do for me.

Description of Work
We hired Gallo Moving & Storage to move us into our new house.

04/17/2012

Kathleen B.

The guys that actually did the moving did an outstanding job. It was a wonderful experience and they were awesome. They will have someone come in to give you an estimate. This is the 3rd time I’ve moved and it’s the only good experience I’ve had. They were polite and very professional. They went above and beyond. I felt very lucky I found them. I recommended them to others.

Description of Work
I had moved, in which it was a compounded move because it was around Christmas.

04/17/2012

David D.

The service was fine. They were on time, efficient and it was a smooth move.

Description of Work
They moved us within the area over a year ago.

04/13/2012

Jeanne W.

I had the best experience with Gallo Movers. Bill, the sales rep. was polite and professional. He gave me advice on how to save some money on the move and even dropped off boxes for me a few days later. Megan, my contact at the office was a great resource. Mike and Lionel, the movers, arrived when expected and were also professional. They did an excellent job of packing and loading my items. Mike contacted me the day before I arrived in Florida to make arrangements to meet me at my new place for delivery. They couldn't get the truck to the apartment because of the trees and drive but Mike unloaded the items to the door and Lionel carried them all up to the first floor. It was amazing how fast and efficient they were! I would use them again and would recommend them in a heartbeat! Professional all the way!

Description of Work
I moved a two bedroom apartment from Quincy, MA to Crystal Beach, FL. I had three local moving companies come to the house to give me binding estimates. I chose Gallo Movers because they were the middle quote and the sales rep was a local guy.

09/07/2011

LOUISE O.

This was BY FAR my worst moving experience ever. I have moved 10 times in the past 20 years, with incredibly positive results, including other interstate moves with different United agents. The most important thing to know about this company is they collect 100% of the money up front instead of at the time of delivery (like every other mover I've ever dealt with)--I thought I was giving them my credit card to put a deposit on it. Once they have your money, they have no incentive to provide good service, and they do everything they can to minimize their costs and maximize their profits, regardless of the effect on quality. The damage to my things was appalling, and it was caused by carelessness because they didn't send enough men and everything was rushed. Communicating with the company was a nightmare--they never called me proactively to notify me of dates, times or other details. I spent hours tracking them down by phone and email begging them to tell me when they would deliver. I had them move a valuable antique piano--they packed it and handled it so carelessly one of the legs was sheared in half upon delivery--we are not talking about minor damage. They wrapped glass cabinet doors in nothing but a pad and the glass shattered. Every mirror or picture I had them pack (the large ones) had broken or chipped corners. For the beds and furniture I had them dissassemble, they put all the parts together in one box, COMPLETELY WITHOUT LABELING ANYTHING. Since it was a completely different crew who delivered than the one who picked it up--there was no way to know what went where. There were at least 3 different sets of people who handled my furniture, ensuring that things would not be handled with the care required in moving things from my home to a shuttle to the trailer and onto another shuttle to my home--furniture was tossed around and not packed carefully into the shuttles, which is how so much got broken. Some of the boxes were completely crushed and therefore items inside also broken. And perhaps most telling--with this horrible experience and high price, no one from the company has offered me an apology or any kind of compensation. Instead of acknowledging they handled things poorly, they've assured me I got the same treatment as all their customers, so this is a company to AVOID at all costs. All of my other Angie list reports are positive, because I don't bother to write up mediocre service or small problems. These guys are bad news and are hurting the reputation of United Van Lines, with whom I've previously had excellent moving experiences.

Description of Work
hired Gallo to move a 3BR house to North Carolina, with some items being shipped to Florida

Category moving companies

I am not quite sure how to respond to this. First, to address the payment issue. It is United Van Lines policy to charge a credit card on the day of loading. Gallo Moving & Storage has no control over that. For payments made by cash or check the payment is collected on the day of delivery. The customer is correct that there was some damage to her items during the move. We have asked her to fill out a claim form detailing the damages, and we have not seen it yet. To say we are denying her compensation is a fabrication, as we do not even know what she is looking for. Once we receive the claim form we will process it diligently, as we do with all claims. As far as lack of communication I can only imagine that she is referring to the second portion of her delivery to Florida. We did not have a firm date delivery for this portion of her move until after it was loaded. She was pushing for a certain date that we did not think we could do, and when we communicated this to her she did not want to hear it. We were eventually able to get her items to her in Florida one day early. My customer service department has been trying to contact her regarding these issues, and we have not heard back. We will reach out to her again this week regarding the claim issue. We handle 100's of moves every year and rarely receive complaints, and when we do we deal with them appropriately. We are a good company and strive to do the right thing on every move. I am the owner of the company and will speak with any of our customers at any time regarding their move and their experience with our company.

07/21/2011

Heidi E.

We checked with other companies, and they would give a wide variety of pricing, leaving me without much of an idea of what I would pay. Depending on weight, size, etc. The price seemed a little bit high to me, but everyone was very helpful and answered all questions. They were very careful moving everything; all items arrived safely and undamaged.

Description of Work
They moved me from Boston to Lake Oswego.

10/27/2010

Karen C.

They are also known as Gallo Moving and Storage. They are courteous, fast and so far, so good. I think their price is ok for a three days job. They are doing very well. They are not charging me for mileage or anything as they are coming from another area which is over an hour away. They came in late today due to a traffic situation but they are courteous to call and inform me about it.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Mckee's Moving and Storage from 27th October 2010 to 29th October 2010 for moving. They did packing on Wednesday, storing in the trucks on Thursday and moving my furniture and household items on Friday.

10/24/2007

Catherine L.

It went extremely well. The scheduled move time was 8:00 A.M and they were at the house exactly on time. The two young men were courteous and professional. They placed coats in a wardrobe for us... boxed a mattress and three mirrors, shrink-wrapped a sofa and had everything in the van in a little over three hours. The final bill was just what had been estimated and the whole experience was painless and professional. They did a great job and I would recommend McKees to anyone who is moving in the Boston area.

Description of Work
My mothers house was sold and it was necessary to move her furniture out and into a storage facility. We contracted with McKees as they had a good reputation, have been working in Hingham for years and also had a storage facility into which we could move my mothers furniture. Most of the furniture and boxes had already been packed up, but there were some odds and ends (like mirrors and mattresses) that had to be boxed. The two movers that were sent by McKees packed it all up, filled the truck and were heading back to the storage facility in approximately 3 hours.

02/02/2007

NANCY J.

Throughout both days, the team worked really hard and they were very personable. It was refreshing to work with men who were professional movers and knew how to efficiently move the furniture and boxes, as well as keeping the contents secure. I was very pleased with the entire move. The work was finished before the allotted time and the total costs were well within estimate, especially considering the extra pictures that required those large cartons and boxing. All of McKee's representatives were attentive and very service oriented. There was no damage to any of the furniture, fragile glassware or even the corners of the freshly painted walls in the new house. There was so much that might have gone wrong, however with your team everything was just right and the move went without a hitch. I'd highly recommend McKee's to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
Full house move from MA to RI. Including some packing, transport of goods and delivery and setup in our new home. A 2 day move, that required special scheduling and coordination.

Stairhopper Movers

Stairhopper Movers is proud to be Boston full service moving and storage company the of choice for many discerning customers, both residential and commercial. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured so you'll have no worries about safety and reliability. (MDPU # 31321, DOT # 1696867, MC # 623045). Stairhopper Movers is a valued member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A + rating!! We also have been awarded Best of Boston in 2006 - 2007 and in 2010, Talk Of The Town awarded us "Excellence in Customer Satisfaction"- 5 star rating. We are specialized in: Local and Long Distance Moves, Residential and Commercial Moves, House / Apartments moves, Assisted Living Relocation, Corporate, Office Moves, Short and Long Term Storage in our Secure and Climate Controlled Storage Facility, Professional Packing and Unpacking Services, Loading and Unloading Services, Free Estimates, Packing Materials Delivery. We know that a successful move starts with one simple call. We take upon the responsibility of moving your goods so you can concentrate on more important things in life. We offer highly competitive rates and a variety of professional moving services. Every single member of our team will take pride in moving you to a new company location or residential property and every relocation we do gets unique attention and the highest quality customer service.

2022 Super Service Award

Flash Moving & Storage

Flash Moving Company offers commercial, residential, local, and long-distance moving services. As well as packing, POD loading/unloading, inside move and storage services. No unexpected surprises or extra charges. Only high-quality moving and custom service.

2022 Super Service Award

Mastodon Moving

Mastodon Moving is a fully licensed and insured professional moving company that takes great pride in providing the best possible service available to every customer. We also believe in being socially responsible and doing what we can to help others in need. For every move we do, a portion of those profits will be donated to local and foreign charities with a focus on helping children in need. We also would be happy to take things you might otherwise be throwing away as you prepare to move (ex. Clothes, Books, Toys, etc) and donate them on your behalf to others in need.

Offers by Mastodon Moving on Angi

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal

We offer local, interstate and international residential moving services. For those needing a higher level of service we offer full packing and crating of your valuables, to ensure they arrive at your new home in the condition they left your old home. We also offer a full array of storage options in our 70,000 sq ft climate controlled warehouse in Milford, MA. Store for as long or short as you need with no contract. Our COWS - Containers on Wheels - are the perfect portable storage solution.

N/A