MA Design & Construction Co

Massachusetts: Home Improvement
06/17/2023

300 Eliot St

Ashland, MA 01721

All interior and exterior services

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

closet design202001746
Complete Exterior and Interior remodel. New rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, living area.

MA Design & Construction, part of the MA Group Companies (MA Builders & Framers and MA Design & Construction Co), is a honest, reliable, family-owned business with over 19 years of experience in the Boston and surrounding areas. We take pride in our work, and look forward to serving you in ALL your design, build, and remodeling needs: additions, plumbing and electrical, kitchen and bathroom renovation, decks and porches, basement finishing, additions, flooring installation and re-finishing, painting, wallpaper installation, mold and LEAD remediation, and much more! All your needs in one stop! Please contact us today for a free estimate! Many references to prove our credentials. LEAD and OSHA certified, HIC contractor licensed! We have a showroom located at 300 Eliot Street in Ashland, MA that sells kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, countertops, and custom closets- feel free to stop and visit us for a personalized consultation!...
Cedar Street_Holliston  project

Bathroom Renovation_Dedham project
Bathroom Renovation_Dedham

home remodeling

202002026

interior painting (243)house painting (78)woodworking (56)drywall (52)home remodeling (42)hardwood floors (32)flooring (31)electrician (31)general contractors (26)plastering (22)roof snow removal (19)decks & porches (18)

04/06/2022

jonathan G.

My wife and I hired MA Design and Construction to complete a significant renovation of the kitchen and most of the bathrooms in our 19th century Victorian home. From concept to completion, MA Design and Construction were absolutely incredible. Marc, Raquel, and the entire team cared deeply about our vision, goals, and budget. They found creative ways to implement our design ideas, adjusted to the inevitable challenges of working on an old home with humor, reassurance, and warmth, and worked tirelessly to preserve the natural beauty of our home. For example, we had a gorgeous, turn-of-the-century custom cabinet built into one of the dining room walls that was coming down. In the middle of demolition, Marc and his team delicately removed the cabinet in one piece rather than allow something so beautiful to be destroyed. You simply don't get that kind of attention and consideration from most contractors! As we neared completion of our project, MA Design and Construction were constantly communicating with us regarding finishing details and ensuring that the work met our hopes and expectations. We are SO incredibly grateful to have selected them for this project and have already recruited them for other projects that we have planned. It's more than a "business" for MA Design and Construction; you feel like they're doing the work for their own family. That's the highest compliment I can give to anyone. I cannot recommend them enough!

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom renovation

Category contractors,decks,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,wallpaper,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

03/25/2022

Jennifer T.

The project to completely demo and rebuild our bathroom started in November and ended in January. Overall we were really impressed with MA Design's responsiveness to our questions and addressed all of the concerns we had throughout the project. They were hampered by staffing issues out of their control, but we never felt like we were on an island, unsure of where the project stood, which was impressive. I'm sure they were stretched thin, but they never let that show. While we did have issues with some details of the project, MA Design did send their crew back to address the issues without hesitation. And honestly, Mark and Raquel are super friendly and kind. That went a long way when their crew was at our house for 3 months. At the end of the project, we are very happy with our completely renovated bathroom. It's beautiful and what we asked for.

Description of Work
Bathroom demo and rebuild

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/25/2022

03/22/2022

Kelly S.

I hired MA Design and Construction Co to do my bathroom remodel at the recommendation of a friend who also used them for a bathroom/kitchen remodel, and I would definitely hire them again. Not only did they finish right on schedule, but they understood my desire to stay within budget, and never tried to pressure me to overspend or increase costs. They did not start construction until all of the materials were in hand, or in stock, which made the renovation go even smoother. I also had some plumbing issues arise (old valves that needed replacing) which they were able to replace without adding time to the schedule. Marc, Raquel, and team were great and very responsive. Raquel’s design suggestions were really helpful to me, as I wasn’t 100% sure what would look good in a small bathroom. I would definitely recommend their work!

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation, tile, plumbing, electrical, design

Category flooring contractor,house cleaning,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

08/19/2021

Fang W.

Great work and very communicative throughout the whole process. Pricing feels a bit more expensive than I would've expected but the quality of the work makes it more than worth it. They even helped patch up holes and some damage on my very old floorboards for free when refinishing.

Description of Work
Renovations - New Radiators, windows, and floor refinishing

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,remodeling,replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/22/2021

Thank you for your review, and for your trust in our services! We look forward to working with you again in the near future!

08/04/2021

Laura C.

Our experience with MA Design and Construction Co was seamless from start to finish. From the initial consult with a project manager to working directly with the owners of the company our front door project was as easy as renovations in your home can go. They were flexible about timing, communicative, and very easy to work with. We initially had our two front doors replaced and ended adding a portico to the front entrance as well. Marc, Raquel and their crew of many were able to accommodate our last minute request and finished the job with out pause. The carpenters and painters worked cleanly and did not leave any trace of their work behind, which is important for me with a dog, a few cats and small children. I look forward to working with this company again on the numerous projects around our home!

Description of Work
Front door replacement and portico addition

Category doors

Work Completed On 06/27/2021

Review for MA Design & Construction Co - 300 Eliot St, Ashland, MA - 39429240

03/08/2021

Lisa E.

We had a great experience working with MA Design & Construction. They care about their work and make sure the customer is happy. We recently wrapped up several projects with them – kitchen and half bath remodel, new flooring, adding new recessed lights, new fireplace hearth and painting all of the first floor and stairwells going up and downstairs. From the beginning, both Marc and Raquel were super responsive, often within minutes and many times well outside of business hours. They listened to what we wanted and Raquel, Marc and their tile guy all offered wonderful suggestions that we did not think of. The initial estimate was accurate and within reason. We wound up going a little over because we needed a new sub-panel installed and decided to go with upgraded countertops. This was not because of any inaccurate forecasting. The team was organized and cleaned up every day. On top of everything, they finished the work earlier than we expected! We are very pleased with the result and would not hesitate to work with them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen and half bath remodel, painting, adding recessed lights and new fireplace hearth.

Category electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

Review for MA Design & Construction Co - 300 Eliot St, Ashland, MA - 39237796

02/17/2021

alex F.

MA Design & Construction is a great company with great people. They take care of their customers and work **** ** their projects to deliver the best results. Marc’s team started working on our house right before the pandemic. The team continued working while maintaining all safety measures, and he kept us updated on the progress with daily calls and messages. Raquel worked on the design, doing research and coming up with multiple options for every design choice, all with a smile and a genuine desire to come up with the best possible look for the house. We could not be happier with the final result and truly recommend that you hire them too.

Description of Work
Entire Home Renovation (Near Gut Job)

Category contractors,closet systems,decks,drywall,electrician,picture framing,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 01/01/2020

01/27/2021

Debra W.

Excellent. Work done well and on time.

Description of Work
New ceiling, insulation, flooring, bathroom remodel, painting

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/14/2021

01/21/2021

Annie H.

We had a great experience working with MA Design & Construction Co. They were very quick to respond to calls and emails and worked diligently to come up with a great and thoughtful design for our basement renovation work. They got the work done on time and cleaned up everything once they were finished. We will continue working with them as we continue renovating and redesigning out basement.

Description of Work
Window Project

Category drywall,replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

12/29/2020

nick C.

I used MA Design & Construction for my kitchen remodel. Raquel and Marc were very helpful in going through the options from painting the existing cabinets through to full replacement. We started with more modest changes but after debate ended with essentially their initial recommendation. The workers throughout the project were professional and I never felt uneasy with them being around the family. As the project progressed there were recommendations that Marc or Raquel would make which led to a better outcome. Marc would also pick out imperfections in the work and insure they were addressed which was appreciated. We're very pleased with the outcome and would not hesitate to work with them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation

Category drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

Review for MA Design & Construction Co - 300 Eliot St, Ashland, MA - 39112017

12/23/2020

Janet T.

I have used them for the past several years to remodel 3 bathrooms and a partially finished basement. They are easy to work with, responsive and thorough. I would hire them again

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

11/06/2020

Andrew C.

They showed up when they said they would and did the work they agreed to, for the budget agreed to. The owner walked the house with me halfway through to make sure they were addressing everything I wanted fixed/painted. They did a ton of work and the house looks amazing. These guys are pros.

Description of Work
Exterior Work

Category remodeling,house painters

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

09/29/2020

Behnam J.

MA Design & Construction Co has been extremely helpful in my home renovation and insurance-related damage in my condo. Marc and Raquel have both been particularly helpful. Marc came out right away to look at a large job on my downtown condo. He was extremely friendly, professional, and efficient. Together with Raquel they put together very detailed estimates for me very quickly. They are the most professional team I have dealt with for home repairs and would always be happy to recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Home Renovation

Category contractors,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,plumbing,woodworking,interior painters,cabinet refacing,doors

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/11/2020

Ruth F.

MA Design is my goto for any remodeling work that I need. I have had several projects over the years and have been very satisfied. This year we did reconstruction windows, interior and exterior painting, and transformed dated bookcases. Re-construction/new construction windows can be a challenge for an older home. MA Design worked to level the windows, and ensure sealing. These windows gave my home a facelift. The success and high level of customer satisfaction is a result of our collaboration. We discuss my desired outcome, and review options to achieve the result, and remain in budget. They provide a quote that itemizes the work. We review each item, so that we are on the same page, and I have no assumptions. Some highlights: * Protecting the surrounding interior environment * Trusting - I can leave with peace of mind * Providing recap of each days work * Discussing next day's work activities Great job guys, look forward to next project.

Description of Work
Reconstruction windows, interior and exterior painting, Bookcases refinished.

Category replacement windows,basement waterproofing,house painters,interior painters,cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Review for MA Design & Construction Co - 300 Eliot St, Ashland, MA - 38866935

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review and support over the years!

07/14/2020

Bryan M.

MA Design and Construction did a wonderful job on our kitchen and main floor remodel. Marc and Raquel helped my husband and I to vision an open floor concept, and they were available beyond their normal business hours to answer both design and installation questions (which we had quite a few). We felt comfortable to both call and text frequently to keep communication open, and they were willing to offer as much design input as possible to make those important decisions much easier. Even when issues arose (as is to be expected with major house projects), Marc was usually at the house that day or the following day to assess the issue and come up with solutions. The workers were polite, punctual, and professional (especially the painting team) who we grew to love! We will certainly use them for future house projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,picture framing,hardwood floor,plumbing,replacement windows,home builders,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Review for MA Design & Construction Co - 300 Eliot St, Ashland, MA - 38717951

We are so thankful for your business and your trust in our services, you were a pleasure to work with! Thank you for the opportunity! We also grey to love you guys and your family!

05/26/2020

Gamble W.

They took a while to get back with me on the Angie's List app.

Description of Work
Deck or Porch - Build or Replace

Category decks

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Thank you for your honest feedback- we monitor the Angie's list app on a daily basis- unfortunately this was during the Pandemic and we could not service our clients for a few weeks- we promptly responded and asked for pictures and deck dimensions so we could expediate an estimate.

05/24/2020

Tom W.

Contractor did a thoughtful and careful job. The work entailed removal of fairly extensive wallpaper, prep of all walls and ceilings, and painting of same. Contractor also sanded and refinished a large amount of hardwood and did some carpentry. All good. All thoughtful. All timely. All careful. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Painting of entire interior, floors refinished, wallpaper removed, etc.

Category hardwood floor,plastering,wallpaper removal,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

Thank you for the opportunity- this is a repeat customer we have continually services in the past 6 years for a couple of major projects in 2 different homes. Thank you for your continued support and your continued trust!

04/26/2020

cintia C.

Marc and Raquel were wonderful and helped guide us through an extensive remodeling that included a second-floor master bedroom addition, an open concept first floor with a beautiful kitchen, a finished basement for the kids, new roof and siding, and several new bathrooms. They redid all our electrical and plumbing, and even added ductwork for HVAC. The team, including our dedicated project manager John, was proactive in identifying issues and were clearly experienced in providing solutions at every turn. We couldn’t be happier with the results and are looking forward to working with them again on our yard project!

Description of Work
entire house remodel, basement finishing, new windows, siding, Hvac, new kitchen and bathroom, addition of master bedroom

Category drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plastering,remodeling,replacement windows,basement waterproofing,home remodeling,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Review for MA Design & Construction Co - 300 Eliot St, Ashland, MA - 38533666

04/23/2020

Rachel S.

I had 100 year old columns that were rotting from ant damage. I had new columns custom made, and hired MA Design to remove the old ones and install the new ones. John L. the foreman, was friendly, helpful and competent as was the team that assisted. The job was not an easy one, as the new columns were difficult to match. I was pleased with the final result.

Description of Work
Replace and paint exterior wood, load bearing columns

Category decks,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/23/2020

Thank you so much for your repeat business and continued support, we really appreciate your service, your trust, and your feedback. We look forward to service you for any of your future or immediate needs!

03/07/2020

Arlin R.

MA Design was fantastic! Every step of the way was well communicated and professionally executed. Intricate framework was flawlessly performed and all new paint and cabinets expertly coordinated with existing. The crew was friendly and left the site clean at the end of each day. Outstanding work for a fair price, and the final product was exactly what I had envisioned. I cannot recommend MA Design highly enough. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Open up kitchen to LR and add peninsula with seating.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/07/2020

We are so happy you are pleased with our service, you were a pleasure to work with! We really appreciate your service, your trust, and your feedback. We look forward to service you for any of your future or immediate needs!

11/30/2019

Nancy C.

MA Design completed our kitchen renovation in 3 weeks (so fast)! Their design expertise and their tradesmen were all fantastic. I would give them a 5-star rating and would completely recommend them to anyone interested in quality renovations. They were local, answered all questions quickly and cleaned up after themselves at day's end. Top-notch outfit!

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,cabinet refacing