Velazquez Flooring

Founded 2016 • With Angi since October 2019

Velazquez Flooring LLC we are a company around kentucky we provide our best services with professionalism and onestidad we take with responsibility our clients and we guarantee our services. Put your project in our hands and your house It will be new again. We are ready to work with you and provide

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

hardwood floors (9)flooring (9)interior painting (8)home remodeling (4)tile installation (4)house painting (2)window replacement (1)roofing (1)decks & porches (1)handyman (1)

09/27/2022

Robert L.

Timely completed ahead of schedule,

Description of Work
Flooring and paint

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

11/14/2021

danny H.

Santos as very professional ! Needs to make sure that customer gets a copy of the signed contract though. Crew did a beautiful job and were extremely quick ! Proposed 4 days, but was completed in 2 days. I would for sure hire him again and have already given his name out to others.

Description of Work
tile installation

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

11/14/2021

tara L.

This is a wonderful business! The workers were prompt, polite, and neat. Very reasonable prices, and final payment was not due until we were completely satisfied. I will hire them for all my future painting projects.

Description of Work
painting and tile service

Category ceramic tile, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

10/26/2021

Ernie F.

Good price, good work.

Description of Work
deck renovation

Category decks, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

10/25/2021

Jordan M.

I felt compelled to write a review to simply document my experience with Velasquez Flooring. I do not wish anyone to find themselves in the position I am now in after hiring Santos and his crew to re-model my bathroom. Not only did I have to find a new contractor to completely re-do the bathroom but to also fix the additional damage caused by Santos and his crew. I have included some pictures/ stills from a video I took immediately after to timestamp/document their work. I do also want to point out that one of the google reviews is by Santos (the actual contractor himself) and one is by his wife (Kate). I only noticed this after I went back to look at reviews recently, as I am still quite shocked by this situation. I hired Velasquez flooring to re-do my entire bathroom. And unfortunately, the quality of the work they did do was not only extremely poor but they did not actually complete the job (although Santos told me they were done originally before me noting all the issues and then did not offer solutions to address all of the issues). In addition, they caused additional, new damage in a variety of ways. If this had not happened to me personally, I would never have imagined such poor work could have been done nor so much additional damage. Santos acknowledged how poor the work was and gave me nearly all my money back in labor costs (he kept $250 in labor). When he did this he actually mentioned running into this issue before, which is scary as no reviews mention anything like it. However, I am still out the costs of materials as I had purchased all materials, the costs of re-doing the entire bathroom, and the costs of fixing the additional damage that him and his crew caused. I did reach out to Santos to see if he would be so kind as to reimburse me for at least some of these costs especially the new damage – and he had a lawyer write a threatening letter to me in response. In no specific order – here are the issues (see some pictures that document many of these issues). The tub was not installed level (very off), which of course leads to water pooling (while they were testing it out) and collecting around the front of the tub (among other issues). Santos and the crew did not waterproof the concrete boards behind the tub/shower tile/grout work. The tile/grout work around the tub was also installed crooked and was not sealed. The grout was not mixed properly, so rather than a solid black grout, it was various shades of grey and even white in certain areas. The grout also had various holes in it all around the tub. Due to the combination of these issues, water leaked from around the shower/tub down into the downstairs bedroom (new damage). Thus, not only did this work look awful but is not functional/properly installed in any way and can create further damage if I were to continue to use in its current state. I have had multiple contractors/ inspectors come out to assess the work to try to see if I could salvage any of it without creating further damage and unfortunately the consensus is that it needs to be entirely redone (e.g., tub re-installed, all tile and grout re-done, etc.). Santos and his crew installed a recessed mirror/medicine cabinet crooked and caused damage to the bedroom wall (the wall on the other side of the bathroom) when doing so. They also scratched the mirror and left white paint all over the frame. They installed two totally different baseboards and did not finish properly painting the bathroom. The shower door was installed entirely crooked, with tile and grout crumbling behind it. There is grout all of many of the tiles in the bathroom - they never even cleaned this off. Santos and his crew did not properly install the sink and while they were supposed to install new valves, they just left the old ones and spray painted them black. I knew because they weren’t the ones purchased for installation and the spray paint was rubbing off. Again, I write this to simply provide an honest review/documentation of my experience with Santos and his crew - specifically with regard to a bathroom re-model.

Description of Work
Bathroom re-model

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

Review for Velazquez Flooring - 2504 Larkin Rd, Lexington, KY - 39520656

07/17/2021

alfred E G.

Santos and his crew were professional and very careful. Great company to do your remodeling job.

Description of Work
flooring installation

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/17/2021

04/05/2021

gaby D.

It went great. Very professional, punctual, pleasant. They do great work would highly recommend

Description of Work
flooring installation

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

03/29/2021

Joan R.

Awesome job!

Description of Work
paint

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

03/24/2021

ADRIENNE P.

Great job!...Very nice and cordial workers..Excellent work...My floors look absolutely beautiful...Thanks!

Description of Work
flooring installation

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

01/13/2021

Tony B.

A few hiccups but excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

12/16/2020

Hannah K.

Fast and beautiful. They asked plenty of questions to be sure they did what I wanted, and went above and beyond especially in our basement, doing a lovely job on our stairway.

Description of Work
Painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

12/09/2020

Mary D.

They did a great job, so happy with the way the house looks! They were very prompt and considerate. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Painting and Hardwood Refinish

Category hardwood floor, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

10/15/2020

Richard M.

I communicated with them on September 7th and provided the designs to what we needed for a porch cover. They came by to get measurements on September 9th. They mentioned they would e-mail us the quote. They said they needed to come over on September 13th to get some final measurements. I contacted them again on 16th to see if they had the quote ready. Today is October 15th and I have not heard back from them. I don't know if they are not interested in the project or do not have the expertise to do this project . They should let us know. They need to improve their communication with the customer.

Description of Work
porch cover

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Mr [[Member Name Removed] ] will send you all the information and quote for you project maybe you provide us the wrong information and we waiting on you to contact us back

09/16/2020

Timothy F.

We needed vinyl floor laid Mr. Velazquez and his crew were at the job sight on time and very professional. They finished the job in about half the time I expected. The job was excellent. They cleaned up before they left and left the room in fine shape. I would most definitely recommend them for flooring needs.

Description of Work
vinyl flooring laid

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

04/24/2020

John B.

very professional, timely, great work. I will definitely be having them do more projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/05/2020

Sheila W.

It went really well. Mr Valezquez and his crew knocked it all out in a week... wonderful job!!

Description of Work
Interior painting, a few handyman jobs like replacing wall vents and wood trim replacement... also floor refinishing.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/05/2020

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciated working with you and look forward to next time.

03/31/2020

martin P.

Done very quickly and very well. Both jobs were completed to my satisfaction within a week.

Description of Work
exterior paint/ chimney brick repair

Category house painters

Work Completed On 04/02/2020

02/03/2020

bruce H.

The flooring installation was done on a very timely basis and the quality of work was great. Santos was very flexible and accommodating when it came to scheduling. Additionally, they were accommodating as I was wanting to replace hoses on my clothes washer and vent on the dryer during the day of installation. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
flooring instalation

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

01/24/2020

virginia Z.

Great he was amazing and my bathroom looks great!!!!

Description of Work
shower -tile floors

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

01/01/2020

jimmy S.

These guys are very professional and did an amazing job. Work was finished on time. I would highly recommend them to anybody who needs their floors refinished.

Description of Work
hardwood refinish

Work Completed On 01/01/2020

11/27/2019

Phiter Van Der Heovan V.

It was very good, they were very timely, very thorough and did a great job.

Description of Work
He refinish hard wood flooring. they sand off the old finish on the floor and put the the new finish.

Work Completed On 10/20/2019

11/26/2019

Elgin L.

They did a good job and the work was great.

Description of Work
They did installation of both hardwood and laminate flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor