NICELEY'S APPLIANCE REPAIR INC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since November 2002

11 PRICE AVE

Erlanger, KY 41018

Providing appliance repair, heating & air conditioning sales and service. Also provides parts sales to do it yourselfers. Repairs are priced using a flat rate price that covers the comlete job, including parts, materials, labor, trip, etc. You will know the exact cost before the job starts.

07/17/2021

Bob V.

Installation went well. Niceley's technicians were prompt, courteous, professional and willing to answer questions at any time during the install. They also let us use 2 portable room A/C units at no additional charge for 3 days from the time it was determined the old unit needed replacement to the installation.

Description of Work
A/C replacement

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for trusting us with your hvac needs!

09/19/2019

j N.

The repair was made to my satisfaction

Description of Work
washer had a gasket that needed replaced

10/05/2017

Rita P.

Everything went very well, and I enjoyed chatting with Steve Niceley while he worked. I would definitely recommend Niceley for friendly, prompt, courteous, and reliable service. They are an old family owned business that reaches out to the community and appreciates their customers. They held a customer appreciation day recently with a car show, food, and a band. They also support the Erlanger schools through the Alumni Association.

Description of Work
Our freezer leaked water on the floor, and the ice maker was broken. Service was prompt and ice maker parts were in the truck. The other parts had to be ordered and came quickly.

03/21/2016

Karla P.

Called day before with a reminder of my appointment which was nice. Arrived about in the middle of the 2 hr apt window and was very nice and courteous. Within a minute knew what the problem was. The motor was bad on the dryer so I decided to get a new dryer vs. having this one fixed for about $400 (quote to replace motor). Did have to pay the $79 fee but that was explained when I made the appointment so it was no surprise. I will call them again when I have the need since I was very happy with how nice and prompt they were. I also know a couple of my neighbors use them and are happy with them which is an added plus.

Description of Work
Service call due to dryer not working (drum would not turn).

04/22/2015

Debra B.

Service was prompt and efficient. All of the employees are polite and knowledgeable. I was completely satisfied.

Description of Work
When we tried to turn on our air conditioner for the first time this year it did not work. Niceley's came out quickly, identified the problem, and replaced the malfunctioning part. Our air works perfectly now.

08/04/2014

ELIZABETH B.

They had two employees come out, it took about four hours to complete. They are family run, and very customer orientated. You will get outstanding work, and customer service here.

Description of Work
They installed a new unit.

05/18/2014

Forrest C.

I called Niceleys to repair my ice maker. The repairman came out and inspected the unit and determined it would have to be replaced. Niceleys called me and scheduled an install date when they received new icemaker. An electronic board was also a recommended replacement along with the icemaker but the wrong board was sent so it had to be reordered and another visit scheduled when it arrived. All of this occurred very smoothly and at no extra cost to me.The repairman and the scheduler I worked with were both very nice to work with. I also had the repairman take a look at what was causing water to pool in the bottom of the fridge. I had had another repair. company work on this previously and they had not stopped the problem. The repairman suggested replacing a panel inside the back of the fridge. Again this part had to be ordered and again a wrong part was sent and had to be reordered and rescheduled. I don't believe Niceleys had anything to do with the wrong parts being delivered and they were very quick to get the right parts installed at no extra cost to me, I'm very pleased with Niceleys performance and definitely will use them again

Description of Work
Replaced the ice maker and an inside panel to stop water from pooling inside a refrigerator.

04/01/2014

ann P.

I have used Nicely on appliances, heating and air conditioning for over 20 years. Always do a good job. they have always given me good advice.

Description of Work
Inspected my water heater. Gave alternatives. Made recommendations of installers of new unites.

11/19/2012

Steven S.

The maintenance visit went well. Because of our contract we only had to pay for the new filter. We have been using Nicely for years. They are a family run business. They sell heating and AC units (including the one for our current residence), as well as repair and maintain them. They also repair large appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators and dish washers. Over the years, we have used them for a variety of services. You're not going to get a cut-rate price but you don't get cut-rate service either. For example, he worked on my furnace for an hour and a half. I like them, but I use them because I trust them.

Description of Work
Today they performed the annual checkup on our furnace for the winter. They come in the fall for heating, and in the spring to get the air conditioning ready. Each year I purchase a service contract from them instead of paying per visit. This contract, which costs $170.00, includes the spring and fall visit plus emergency work that might be needed during the year. It may seem like a lot of money but they work for it. For example, if I don't think the unit is performing up to par they will work on the problem until they solve it. I also needed a new air filter so I just asked them to bring one along when they came. They give a time range when they will arrive and sometimes they are a bit late, but if they run into a major problem they will call.

07/28/2011

Bob V.

Technician showed up on time. Was friendly and willing to take time to answer all my questions. I asked for an A/C tuneup when I scheduled the service. I also asked that the technician would fix our electronic air cleaner. It had not been working properly for some time and I had turned it off. He cleaned the unit up and did get it to work again. After a few days, I noticed the air cleaner was continually discharging. I reported this to Nicely's. A different technician came back and was able to make the unit work. Again, the technician showed up on time, was friendly and willing to take time to answer all of my questions. They did not charge me for the air cleaner maintenance or for the return visit.

Description of Work
A/C tuneup. The $170.00 includes a fall furnace checkup as well.

07/23/2011

jeffrey G.

They did a good job but nothing really stands out to me about them. The price was fair.

Description of Work
Niceley’s Appliance Repair fixed my clothes dryer.

07/12/2011

Jane T.

If you don’t call them, they will call you, I really like their customer follow up. I haven’t had any problems with them. I recommend them to anyone having heating and a/c problems.

Description of Work
I have an annual contract with them to service my furnace and a/c. I’ve even had them come on Christmas Eve. If you have a contract with them they put you ahead of anyone else and also give you a discount on supplies and parts.

06/21/2011

Jonathan H.

Overall experience was fine. They are currently working for us. The only problem we got is that the system broke down less than a year, but then that is not their fault. We are just hoping that is just one of those things. The air conditioner was a warranty repair. They had to order a complete new condenser unit. We are waiting for that to show up. They came out as soon as we called, when the unit went down. They actually gave us two windows unit to tie this over, until they got the new condenser.

Description of Work
Niceley's Appliance Repair Inc replaced the air conditioner unit about a year ago.

05/26/2011

Melinda B.

Even though they had serviced our dryer the month before in 2009, they refused to fix it again since the dryer had a temporary flexible exhaust pipe rather than a permanent metal one attached to it (exactly the same set up that they had no problem with the month before). We had it replaced by a certified plumber, but Niceley's refused to come back to fix the dryer, even though we had already paid over $400 to them to repair our washer & dryer the month before and the repairs they had requested had been made to our dryer exhaust. We called them to repair our 4-year-old freezer this week. This morning they failed to show up for their appointment. When we called to asked where the were they said they were refusing any future work at our address and had cancelled the appointment without notifying us. We have tried to call them several times, including letting them know that we're submitting a complaint to the BBB, but they just hang up on us. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Description of Work
Niceley's provided washer & dryer repair in the summer of 2009 (washer would not drain and dryer would not spin). The repairs were adequate, but cost seemed a little on the high side (9-year old Sears washer & dryer cost over $400 to repair total). Our dryer broke again (different problem) a month later (needed a new heating coil). They refused to repair our dryer the second time and refused to fix out freezer 2 years later in 2011, so these services were not performed (see below).

Category appliance repair

Regarding the dryer repair, we did in fact offer to return to look at it a second time when it had stopped heating. The venting WAS a problem during our first visit and it was noted on the customer's invoice. The member was going to fix the venting himself. When he called 2 months later stating the dryer was not heating again, he informed us that he had not corrected the venting after the first repair, so we requested that the venting be corrected before we returned. The member became belligerent and verbally abusive to our staff. He declined our offer to return. Based upon his actions we decided it was best to not return to their residence for any future repairs. This review should not effect our rating with Angie's List. The customer clearly states that the second dryer problem was a different problem and NOT a result of our repair. Additionally, the customer seems unhappy that we are refusing to return to her home, but that is our choice resulting from her husband's abusive temper. The fact is, we repaired this customer's washer and dryer correctly and professionally. When we learned of a potential warranty issue, we offered to return. This customer did not post any complaints regarding our repairs UNTIL we refused to do service for her 2 years later!!! In this person's complaint to the BBB, they seemed to imply that we are obligated to work on her appliances. This is not true. Also, the customer requested us to refer her to another company. I would not refer this customer to my worst enemy. It is unfortunate that a person can post misleading and outright false information about a company in a malicious attempt to negatively effect its reputation. That is EXACTLY what this person is doing!

08/12/2010

Holly B.

I called on Monday to have my dryer checked out the technician arrived puntually on Tuesday. THe Web site advertises that their trucks are equipped with parts etc, I called them because they were local and advertised parts. Well the parts were not ready, I was told I would get a call with estimate next day, nocall and not ready when I called them mid morning the next day. I followed up early Thursday - finally got a quote - I could live with the price though the timing was unacceptable. They had not figured out the lead time on the part so they were saying could not get me fixed until at the earliest Tuesday - so I would be out of dryer for over a week. Totallly UNACCEPTABLE.

Description of Work
Service Call

Category appliance repair

We DO stock parts on our trucks and in our store. In fact, we have one of the largest inventories in the area. Unfortunately, we cannot stock every part for every appliance. This was the case here. The dryer needed a computer control assembly, which would need to be ordered and would take one to two days to get in. So, if it were ordered on a Thursday it would arrive on Friday or Monday, as no deliveries are made on Saturday or Sunday. We strive to provide estimates within 24 hours and this happens in most cases. With this particular model, additional research was needed, which took additional time. The quote was ready by 8am on Thursday, which gave us Wednesday to do the part research. Our service manager actually stayed late on Wednesday to have the quote ready first thing Thursday morning. Customer also needed a specialized quote for reventing the dryer and installing a vent to the exterior of the home. We certainly try to get our estimates out as fast as we can. We can't get the job done and get paid until the quote is given. There would be no reason for us to create any delays in getting this information to the homeowner. We are very sorry our timing didnt meet the expectations of the homeowner. It is unfair, however, to give us a low grade on punctuality when your comments state we were punctual. It is unfair to give us a low grade on price when you state you 'could live with our price.' Additionally, I do not see where anyone on my staff acted unprofessional. My staff did everything possible to get the necessary information to you as quickly as possible. For the record, I did review our phone recordings and should make it known that this customer used abusive language and a great deal of profanity when talking with my office on that Thursday morning (8:05am to be exact). There was no need to be abusive and the profanity was not necessary. My office staff handled this with great character and professionalism. You may give us a poor grade, but I believe my staff exhibited great patience and should be given an A+. I ask that folks be objective when evaluating the negative comments left by this customer.

06/21/2010

William W.

They were all A's. We would call them again.

Description of Work
The cost include two visits and one part for the air conditioner. They serviced the unit and replaced a broken switch.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your continued support. We appreciate you calling us and look forward to serving your appliances and hvac equipment in the future.

06/16/2010

ELIZABETH M.

it went very well-was lucky that the tech was able to bring the right part with him from my description of the problem over the phone. they were prompt and nice and friendly. my only issue was that a new stove would not cost that much more than i spent-i chose convenience over money. but the problem was the part was very expensive, and that wasn't Niceley's fault. I would use them again.

Description of Work
the ignition mechanism on my gas stove had failed-and Niceley's came out and replaced it, was lucky that the tech had the right part with him-he installed it the stove now works great

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your comments. We try to keep costs down as low as possible. In the case of OEM parts, we cannot control those costs. It seems the manufacturers keep raising their parts prices in an effort to persuade people to just replace the appliance and buy new. It is in our best interest to make repairing appliances as affordable as possible, as we do not sell new appliances. Thank you for your feedback and we will continue to monitor job costs. Thanks for your business.

06/05/2009

LUCIA T.

They have been very honest with us and very upfront. They are quite helpful and are easy to work with. To some extant we did wait for them to come in, but it was not their fault.

Description of Work
I use Niceley's Appliance Repair Inc once every 5 years for maintenance on our heating and air conditioning system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize for your wait. Our routine maintenance schedule does book out a couple weeks during the peak season, which this was. We offer a very thorough tune up program that is very popular with homeowners in the spring and fall and we do tend to have a week or two wait during the month of May. Repairs, however, are performed much quicker. Please let us know next time if you are having problems with your system and we will gladly make a separate visit to take care of is so you don't go hot! Also, your service agreement entitles you to emergency service without any additional cost. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and commenting on our honesty and helpfulness. We can't always control costs, but we can control the level of service you receive. Thank you for being our customer.

06/10/2008

MELISSA J.

They arrived on time to do the work asked of them. I would use them in the future. The quality of their work was good. They were courteous and kind. They were professional while they worked.

Description of Work
They came to my house and removed my old furnace and put in my new, and then put in new gas lines also.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for being our customer. We appreciate your business and your willingness to trust us for your new furnace purchase. Thanks again.

04/16/2008

DARYL H.

First off, my wife felt very uncomfortable with the repair guy in the house and he kept snooping around when it wasn't needed. They told us what part needed to be replaced and told us they would call on a price. They never called me back, I ended up calling them and they gave me a reasonable reason why they hadn't called. They said they would call me back the next day and they never did, I called them and they quoted me a price. They then called me back 3 days later and quoted me another price 3x's the original amount. He was very unprofessional and again when in our house kept going from room to room.

Description of Work
Were going to repair our stove/oven.

Category appliance repair

This customer's issues have been carefully investigated. The delay in getting information to the the customer was created by the manufacturer's delay in getting part information to us. This was beyond our control and was explained to the customer. When the information was finally provided by the manufacturer, it was erroneous. This is what created the difference in prices. Again, this was also beyond our control. We did, however, notify the customer immediately when we got the correct information from the manufacturer. Everything was explained to the customer including what created the difference in price. Regarding the allegation that the technician 'went snooping around', records show the technician was only in the house for 30 minutes. This doesn't leave time for 'snooping around' considering the tech did a thorough diagnosis of the range. Additionally, if this truly occurred, a reasonable person that 'felt uncomfortable' would have at least called our office immediately to report the situation. We did not receive a call, nor did she make any mention of this when he called in for his estimate. Our office even talked with her on April 15 to discuss whether the range would be repaired or not, and she made absolutely no mention of any uncomfortable feelings or that the technician went room to room. The tech has been with our company since our inception over 15 years ago and has an impeccable reputation. Unfortunately, this seems to be a cruel attempt to slander my company and this technician. I am 100% confident this did not take place and was simply fabricated to dramatize their dissatisfaction with the pricing. I am very sorry they were not happy with the pricing, but, again, this was an error on Whirlpool's part, not ours. We try very hard to prevent situations such as this from occurring.

01/16/2007

JONATHAN C.

The price seemed high for the dryer repair ($200 out of a $300 total).

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced a thermostat on a dryer. Replaced the stripped gears on a washing machine agitator.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your comments and your business. I can understand your feelings that $200 is a lot to repair a dryer. We continuously work to try to keep costs down. We also continuously add to our truck inventories. While we can't always control our costs (insurance, gasoline, etc) we can make every effort to have the parts to fix the appliance on one visit to minimize down time. This appears to be the case here. You called on the 27th, we arrived on the 29th and everything was working when we left. Again, we have always worked to keep prices down, and will continue to do so. Also, you should have been given repair prices BEFORE the work was performed. Please notify me if that didn't happen. Thanks again.

10/06/2006

NEHA I.

They do good work and I use them for everything. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
They came to check our furnace.

08/08/2005

Eric F.

VERY PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY AND DON'T TALK DOWN TO YOU.

Description of Work
REPAIRING A LEAKY DISHWASHER.

06/29/2005

Teresa B.

THIS COMPANY HAS ALWAYS OFFERED GOOD, FRIENDLY SERVICE. THEY WERE A LITTLE EASIER TO SET AN APPOINTMENT WITH BEFORE THEY BECAME A LARGER COMPANY. THIS TIME THE TECHNICIAN POSTPONED OUR TUNE-UP TWICE BEFORE FINALLY COMING.

Description of Work
CHECKED OUR FURNACE AT END OF WINTER AND REPAIRED HUMIDIFIER. ALSO PERFORMED TUNE-UP ON CENTRAL A/C.

08/18/2004

Teresa B.

THEY INSTALLED A PIPELINE FOR THE ICEMAKER, BUT HAD TO GO THROUGH THE FLOOR TO THE BASEMENT. WE STILL THOUGHT THE PRICE WAS PRETTY HIGH FOR INSTALLATION ONLY. THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY THOUGH.

Description of Work
INSTALLED AN ICEMAKER IN NEW REFRIGERATOR.

Category appliance repair

Thanks for your business and your review of this visit. I did research this visit and found the water line installation cost to be $175. This included the copper tubing and a new inline water filter installed. Copper lines do tend to cost a bit more, but hold up much better than the cheaper plastic water line that some others use. The filter price by itself is $35 -$40, not counting installation. This brings the water line and installation down to app $135. Thanks for the opportunity to explain the pricing in a bit more detail. Please don't hesitate to call with any questions you may have.