Meg Howlett

Founded 2009 • With Angi since August 2010

Meg is the founding Realtor of Team Howlett (Meg Howlett and Eric Howlett). She has a passionate commitment to customer care for her clients whether they be buyers or sellers. If you are buyer, Meg takes great care of you through the whole process. She is your real estate mom, sister or daughter. No matter how long it takes she will look for you daily until you find the house you love. For sellers, Team Howlett provides great results. We help you with pre-market preparation, Complimentary home staging for our seller clients, excellent marketing and support along the entire transaction. Call us today for a free consultation of either your buyer or seller needs....

A Service Provider's profile image

+17 more images

real estate agent (21)

12/19/2019

Dean B.

I owned an old house that needed repair in a slightly rundown neighborhood and I was worried about being able to sell it. Meg and Eric were terrific in helping me know what to fix and who could do the jobs reasonably. When the house finally went on the market they both helped walk me through what seemed to be a complicated process. After all was aid and done I sold the house at asking price. Could not have done it without their help.

Description of Work
Preparing and selling my house.

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

We so enjoyed working with you to get this charming home ready for the market.

10/10/2018

Candace A.

We have had the pleasure of working with Meg and Eric two times now. They helped us buy our home a few years ago, and just recently helped us to sell it! They are absolutely fantastic at what they do and it's obvious they enjoy doing it. Very personable, professional, easy to get in touch with, demonstrated just the right amount of assertiveness, and always handled any questions or problems in a timely manner. We always felt they had our back. We highly recommend Team Howlett!

Description of Work
sell our home

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

Dearest [Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for your kind words! We just fell head over heals in love with your adorable family! I was so thrilled that the house appreciated so nicely from when you purchased it. Bless you and [Member Name Removed] and your lovely children in all you do! hugs, Meg

06/21/2018

Tim C.

By far the best real estate experience and team of professionals I've ever had the pleasure to work with. Team Howlett helped me help my parents sell their home, and the process couldn't have been better every step of the way. From Meg's compassion, optimism and foresight to Eric's sharp attention to detail, planning and responsiveness to the outstanding professionalism of everyone else on the team, I can't say enough good things. They are great communicators and guides through the process, but they also are great listeners, and that makes all the difference. We had a winning offer from the first person who looked at the house just hours after listing it on the market, and then we conveniently closed the sale in one month. If you are looking for a fantastic real estate partner in the Greater Lafayette area, look no further than Team Howlett. Outstanding customer first service, every step of the way!

Description of Work
Real Estate Sales Agent

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

05/09/2018

Russ T.

I have never written a testimonial letter in all my life. I felt the need to write this one. If you ever want to sell your house, here are the three things you need to do. 1. Clean your house thoroughly. 2. Spruce up the rooms with fresh paint. 3. Most importantly, call Shook Realty and ask for Team Howlett. They made selling my house easy for me. They took control and walked me through the whole process. I felt like they cared more about me and not about just listing the house. They made some recommendations, including the proper selling price, which we followed and then they did the rest. My house was professionally staged, at no charge and listed. As soon as the house was on the market there were immediate appointments for viewing, and this was on a Tuesday. We received multiple offers from the first day viewings. The house was sold in 3 days. This is my 4th house and never had I seen this happen. I believe it was all due to Team Howlett. I will be posting this letter to as many sites that I can think of as a way of repaying all of their hard work. Sincerely Russ T.

Description of Work
Sold My house

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

04/19/2018

Amy C.

Thank you very much for all your help! You both have made this process seamless and found us a wonderful home! We look forward to having you over once we get settled. Thanks again! Amy and John

Description of Work
Buying a house

Work Completed On 03/20/2018

04/02/2018

Angie S.

Thank you Meg & Eric for all of your help, getting our family into our dream home. We're in the process of moving stuff into the house and every time we pull into the driveway, we can't help but smile at each other. The house is so great and just being there makes us happy. And we never would've discovered it without you! Your kindness and expertise were invaluable and I suspect that your friendship will continue to be, too! Meg, talking to you on the phone never felt like talking to a "professional suit"...from that first phone call, I felt like I was talking to a friend! Any time we hear of someone looking to buy or sell in the area, we're sending them your way! Team Howlett, for the win!

Description of Work
Real estate

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

03/28/2018

Steve M.

Meg and Eric are the absolute best realtors. What do I like best about them, they are honest with me. For instance, Team Howlett will let me know if they see, or know of, a problem with a house I am thinking of buying. This is important because your realtor is privy to info the buyer doesn't have....Meg and Eric make sure you are an informed buyer. I will not work with any other realtors!

Description of Work
Meg and Eric (Team Howlett) helped Sue and I find our "Forever Home".

Work Completed On 02/23/2018

Thanks so much for your kind words [Member Name Removed]! I'm so glad we got you out of that horrible deal on the foreclosure and found you the perfect house. Please stay in touch!!!

05/02/2017

Afia M.

It went amazing and smooth with a lot of support & guidance from Meg.

Description of Work
Home buying

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

04/13/2017

Robert L.

Excellent!

Description of Work
Meg was the realtor who sold our old home and helped us buy our new home. She was extremely helpful in answering questions and staging our home. She has Meg Howlett website for information.

Work Completed On 04/08/2017

01/16/2017

Michael K.

Throughout the sale process the Howletts made every effort to make the sale of dad's home as easy on him as possible. And, due to the (free) staging, the home sold quickly and for more money than was expected.

Description of Work
Team Howlett listed my 95-year-old father's house as he transitioned to a senior community.

Work Completed On 01/16/2017

01/13/2017

Michael L.

Team Howlett helped me find the perfect house and they worked tirelessly to secure the closing. They made sure I got in to see the house within an hour of it being listed and I was e-signing documents to put in my offer an hour later. They were professional, thorough and savvy. They are also great people who care deeply about finding their clients just the right house. I love my house and I am deeply grateful for Team Howlett!

Description of Work
I was in need of a realtor and Team Howlett came highly recommended. I was house shopping in a market in which houses would be listed and then sold within hours of being listed.

Work Completed On 06/03/2016

Brooke L.

I have been lucky enough to work with Team Howlett twice now. The first time was three years ago and our experience was so pleasant we chose to come back again. As a client, the most important key for me in making this relationship successful is open communication. Meg, Eric and Kelli far surpassed my expectations with prompt communication during every aspect of the process, and they cushioned it with love when the news was not great. They go above and beyond to make sure their clients have what they need. The saying ‘whatever it takes’ is symbolic of this group. You will not find a better real estate team anywhere.

Description of Work
Looking for a home.

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

Ruthellen A.

Eric and Meg helped us find our home in West Lafayette. They were always accessible and accommodating to our schedules. Professional and honest. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Realtor services to buy a home.

Work Completed On 10/26/2016

K E H.

The transaction was flawless

Description of Work
Meg helped us to find a home. We were not familiar with the West Lafayette market. She made it easy!

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

01/08/2017

Connie H.

Eric and Meg were amazing to work with! They made both the buying and selling process as easy as it could possibly be. Both invested a lot of time and energy into helping us have a positive experience. They were very upfront about potential problems in both sides of the process, and they were able to recommend solutions to those problems. Their staging and marketing went above and beyond are expectations. Knowing the Greater Lafayette area well was another advantage this team had in giving sound advice. I would recommend Team Howlett to anyone looking for an excellent realtor team!

Description of Work
We bought a house and sold a house.

Work Completed On 07/11/2016

01/06/2017

Dea D.

Meg and Eric were great!! They had good suggestions regarding showing, good pricing analysis, and provided help throughout the process. I’ve already recommended them to someone whose house is already under contract. Our house sold in 5 hours. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Sold my house

Work Completed On 08/08/2014

01/05/2017

Sarah C.

If Meg and Eric could be our realtors for every purchase or sale for the rest of our lives, I'd breathe easy. They're down-to-earth and diligent. They really, truly listen to their clients, so time spent talking to them or attending showings is never wasted. They're organized and very plainspoken about all facets of purchase and sale, and I always felt I was in expert hands. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Meg and Eric were our realtors when we bought a Lafayette home four years ago, and again when we sold it this spring.

Work Completed On 06/30/2016

Thank you so much for the kind review. It was a pleasure working with you and wish you the best.

03/15/2016

Vanessa R.

We had a great experience with Meg and Eric Howlett and their assistant Kelli. We contacted Meg in December of last year about selling our house. We set up an appointment with them to do a walk through of our house in early January. Meg and Eric came to do a walk through and consultation, they were very professional and nice. Keilli staged the house for us and did an excellent job. It looked wonderful. Our house went on the market soon after. They did a great job of marketing, which garnered a lot of interest in our home. We received 3 offers on our house, including a great last offer which we accepted. They worked very hard to bring in good offers on our house and got us the price we wanted for it. They made the first experience of selling our home a very good experience and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Were the real Estate agents who sold our house in Lafayette Indiana

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

08/19/2014

HUI-MEI L.

She and Eric Howlett did great job in selling my house. I got four showing appointments on the first day, and got an offer on the second day with the satisfied selling price. Meg and Eric are a lovely couple and try to help seller; they listen to my needs/my concerns and provide professional comments without pushing or judging. They appreciate what I love about my house; this is very different from other top agent in the area. They helped me to decided what I should invest and what the potential benefits by investing the amount of money. They brought in brand new furniture to stage my house and took professional pictures.A lot of amount of pictures of my house were on the websites. When I got the offer, they evaluate the quality of the offer and discuss the price with me. I left West Lafayette before the selling was completed. They texted me and e-mailed me from time to time, and at least once a week until closing. They checked with me if I did receive the money. I heard many good stories about this couple from my colleagues (they all work at Purdue). I spoke to another top agent before I met Meg and Eric. Meg and Eric treat you as human; and they worked with me as a team. I can trust them and had no worry about my house during the selling. The selling price is much higher than the posting price that another agent recommended. My colleagues and I all agree they are the best in Lafayette/West Lafeyette area. They care and they succeed.

Description of Work
She and Eric Howlett sold my house in West Lafayette, IN

Work Completed On 06/30/2014

05/07/2014

Loran P.

Meg and Eric are a great team. They priced our house perfectly and got us ready to sell--fast. I mean very fast. Lightning speed. Meg was so very understanding and patient as we searched for our next house. They are both very professional AND caring--great if you are house hunting with small children. I would use them again in a heartbeat. We had some problems with our house after the purchase and they were very helpful in attempting to get them resolved. They are very busy and occasionally can seem a bit distracted from time to time, but are the most attentive and responsive realtors I have worked with.

Description of Work
Meg and Eric (her husband and business partner) sold our house and assisted us in purchasing a new house for our growing family. Meg helped us search for and assess numerous possible new homes, while Eric conducted a market analysis and priced the house we were selling. They assisted with all aspects of the transaction including negotiation, inspections, repairs, etc.

Work Completed On 03/25/2013

08/04/2011

Mike Y.

Meg came recommended by an agent we trusted who was retiring. Two words that really sum up our impression of Meg: Flexible and accessible. We were coming to the area from out of state and did not give Meg much time to prepare, yet she was able to show us a number of houses on the first day. We remained in cell phone and email contact throughout this period (often at hours far removed from the conventional "9 to 5"). Though she had some clear ideas on what we wanted (based on what we had told her!), she was quick to modify our viewing strategy once we had a clearer picture of what we wanted (we were first-time home-buyers). She helped us envision what "could be done" with certain properties while giving us space to dream together. She was able to recommend a variety of contractors, and the fact that she utilizes their services herself was reassuring. We never felt pressured to buy a specific home within a specific time-frame from Meg. Meg was also skilled at pointing out characteristics or issues of deterioration that had missed our gaze. We ultimately spend two long weekends searching and found a home that we truly love in a quaint neighborhood close to our places of employment. By the end of this process we considered Meg a friend (and even called her up as the movers were filling our new home to ask a question about tipping!).

Description of Work
In sum, Meg assisted us in finding a home to buy. This included making recommendations (emailing us with links)--both in terms of possible fits, but also in terms of houses to avoid; actually showing us homes; making contacts and liaising with various contractors to get estimates on potential repairs or improvements; and negotiating repairs and price with the seller agent.

Work Completed On 07/15/2011