The Mad Hatter Chimney Service

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2000

5288 E 65th St

Indianapolis, IN 46220

When you have a fireplace, the risk of a fire in your home is something that is always in the back of your mind. The Mad Hatter Chimney Service would like to put your mind at ease with our array of chimney services. We have seen firsthand how devastating a house fire can be due to a chimney that was not maintained properly. Without the proper maintenance of sweeping and inspections, a home fire is a true threat. Let our years of experience go to work for you....

09/06/2018

SANDRA J.

He didn't go on the roof which I think he should have, but did a good job.

Description of Work
They cleaned my chimney.

07/30/2018

Jeffrey T.

Deceitful. On 20 June I paid $99 for an assessment for a chimney rebuild, and Warren came to my property and provided me a reasonable quote ($3750). After comparing other bids, I called Warren on 3 July and scheduled the work to start on 30 July. The $99 would be credited towards the job. On 26 July Dennis called me and said Warren had erred, and the job would cost $5091 (a 35% increase). When I asked to meet, discuss and negotiate, he refused. Take it or leave it. I received a revised job quote via email reflecting the $1341 increase, and they had back dated it to 3 July. I visited the office on 27 July to discuss the situation, but the admin, Leeann, would only agree to refund me the $99. She sent a “credit memo” via email, but it has not posted to my credit card and, frankly, I will be surprised if it does. Don’t waste your time with this dishonest organization. They’re not worth the risk.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild

05/06/2018

Deelyn L.

Everything went great. He called because he was available early and wanted to know if it would be ok to come earlier then planned. When he arrived, he introduced himself and verified the scope of work requested. He went straight to work. When complete he explained everything he did, showed pictures of things that would need work, and answered all of my questions. It was only $150 for the inspection and cleaning and I received my receipt with the pictures he had taken within minutes. He was quick, clean and very professional. Thank you Mad Hatter for a great experience.

Description of Work
A chimney inspection and sweeping.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

06/28/2017

Jane P.

They were efficient and friendly. So far, so good, with the quality!

Description of Work
We had a leak near our fireplace. They installed a new 24 gauge Stainless Steel Chase Cover. Painted our existing cap. Did some flashing and sealing. Applied 2 Coats Of Water Repellant To The Chimney

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

06/03/2017

Nancy S.

Perfect! The owner was actually the one to come to the house and explained everything to me in my language. Very professional and friendly. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned and Dryer vent cleaned.

Category chimney sweep,dryer vent cleaning

04/14/2017

DONNA S.

Had a good experience. I like the way they were, the way they handled stuff. They are really great. They are punctual. They couldn't be nicer, personable. Their price is in the ballpark. They came when they said they would come.

Description of Work
They came out yesterday and today to repair the chimney.

Category chimney repair

01/17/2017

Pamela P.

Great job! Very professional. I've recommended to friends & will definitely use again. 👍🏻

Description of Work
Chimney inspection & cleaning.

01/02/2017

Mitch C.

Asked for them to look at our chimney twice, but they never responded. If they can't have the courtesy to respond to my requests, I can expect the same kind of care as they the work for me. I have no trust in people like that. I won't even consider them for any work I may have in the future.

Description of Work
Chimney cap replacement.

Category chimney repair

It looks like you left messages on the Angie's list message center - it is always best to call our office directly at 317-596-0200 as this message center is not checked regularly nor are we notified when there is a message. You can also send us an email request for service from our website www.madhatterindy.com.

10/31/2016

Joy P.

He was very nice and did a great job

Description of Work
Cleaned out my wood burning stove and reattached my chimmey cover

10/18/2016

Valerie T.

Called when was ahead of schedule and asked to come early. Very detailed inspection and gave us information about the fireplace insert and about getting a owner's manual. Great experience and great service.

Description of Work
Inspected and swept chimney.

Category appliance repair,chimney sweep,fireplaces

Arvin Masonry

Welcome to Arvin Masonry your full service masonry contractor proudly serving Hamilton County and the surrounding areas as well as Indianapolis. We have been in the business since 2002 and have experience in residential and commercial work. We are insured with Indiana Farm Bureau.

Showecker Masonry

Showecker Masonry has been in business Since 1989. We do our own work no subs Free estimates Quality and Commitment is our number one priority.

Offers by Showecker Masonry on Angi
    Hayes Masonry and Concrete LLC

Hayes Masonry and Concrete specializes in standard and decorative residential concrete. We focus on small to medium size jobs in the Indianapolis area as well as surrounding cities. We are a small business company that provides services for concrete fabrication, utilizing formwork, laying foundations, concrete placement, and excavation. With being such a small business we're able to pass the savings on to our customers while also building a better work relationship. The mission of Hayes Masonry and Concrete is to become the leading contractor by providing the best quality of concrete and masonry work.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Chimney sweeping & inspections. Chimney & masonry repairs. Dryer vent cleaning. Air duct cleaning. Chimney caps & dampers Installation.