Sunburst Shutters

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2000

5644 W 79th St

Indianapolis, IN 46278

Sunburst Shutters offers a beautiful collection of custom window treatments unrivaled by others. We’ll make your decorating dreams come true with spectacular window coverings from shutters to blinds and everything in between. Let our design professionals recommend treatments for the most stunning results. Whether your decorating goal is jaw-dropping beauty, improved energy efficiency, making neighbors jealous or simple functionality, you won’t find better people, service or warranties than with Sunburst Shutters & Window Fashions. We require 1/2 down and the other 1/2 after the product is installed and the customer is satisfied with the installation. Additional DBA - Empire Group Inc....

12/03/2018

Kimberly H.

It has been great working with Sunburst Shutters. They are very knowledgeable and helped me pick out the right solutions for our home. Great communication and the installation went smoothly as well! We love our new shutters and blinds!

Description of Work
New shutters and blinds installed

Category window treatments

[Member Name Removed] was a joy to work with! We truly appreciate the feedback. Sunburst Shutters Indy

10/17/2018

Cynthia D.

They were punctual, courteous and competent

Description of Work
New shutters for the kitchen window

Category window treatments

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed working with you, too! Sunburst Shutters Indy.

01/02/2014

Thayne G.

Bill was awesome to work with. He is a very honest person and treated me very fair. Their quality and options are better then anyone else I have seen. I highly recommend Sunburst Shutters.

Description of Work
Great to work with.

11/18/2013

Dana E.

Love the shutters and the installer was good. The problem we ordered shutters for another window and was told 6-8 weeks for delivery it has now been two months and just found out today that they were not even ordered. We did make a down payment on the shutters. Just very disappointed that it will probably be next year before the shutter will be installed.

Description of Work
Installed shutters in two rooms, one shutter yet to be installed.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your honest review of our company. I am glad that you love your shutters. I have seen them in person and they look great. The quality, as you noted in your review, is great and our installer is awesome. I am equally upset that the one small shutter in the bonus room has not come in yet, and I apologize for the delay. In the many years that I have sold shutters I have never had a manufacturer completely miss a shutter on an order. As we discussed on the phone, when the shutter comes in we will install it right away and we will do it on your schedule and at your convenience. For further clarification on this order, or for any other information Please call me at (317) 767-1000

11/04/2013

Jennifer P.

Product is fine. Customer service and installation service is extremely poor.

Description of Work
Install 2 custom shutter window treatments.

07/15/2013

Maryanne G.

Bill was awesome to work with. He knows what he is doing and help me understand my options. I will definitely work with him again and have others work with him.

Description of Work
Shutters

06/09/2012

Sandy C.

We recently had shutters installed, on 10 windows, from Sunburst Shutters! It was great working with Bill and his entire staff! They were very professional! Bill was most patient, when I was trying to decide, whether to buy them or not. Chuck and I could not be more pleased, with the quality, color and installation. Bill did a great job measuring and creating the perfect shutter ,for each window ~ the employee, who put the shutters together did a great job ~ and Michael did a great job installing them. They have made a huge difference, in our home, and we have gotten lots of compliments! Thank you Bill and your entire staff! Chuck and I will, definitely ,recommend and use this company again!

Description of Work
We recently had natural wood shutters installed,on 10 windows, from Sunburst Shutters.

05/12/2012

JOAN W.

They arrived on time every visit; measurement and installs. 1st install was a bit disappointing as the custom arch and rectangle didn't fit. They were re-fitted and installed about 3 weeks later. They had to come back one more time to install a trim piece on the bottom of the Arch Shutter. I had a few disappointments: i was charged 1/2 for my order up front, which was fine. However, when they installed the first set, they billed my credit card without notice when I expected not to get billed until the order was complete (the shutters didn't fit, see above). They did apologize and indicated that it was a new person in the office who did this. 2nd disappointment was that I called to indicate that I thought shutter still wasn't looking correct, they called back that day to discuss, but didn't address the issue for 2 weeks. All in all, I love my shutters, just a few bumps in the process. Bill was very personable, just need to fine tune the office procedures. (also explain to installer to put tools on floor, not furniture.)

Description of Work
Installed polywood shutters in bedroom and living room. I had 3 custom shutters built plus my bedroom windows. I used this company 10 years ago and loved the shutters so much i wanted to finish the house. The custom shutters were an octagon, rectangular, and arch shapes. While cost was high, these were mainly custom shutters. My older shutters still look wonderful.

Category window treatments

Thanks for your honest evaluation. We're always trying to get better, so I appreciate your review. I'll share your information with my staff and we'll work to do everything we can to make sure that the bumps in the road get smoothed out. Please call me if you have anything else we can do for you. Thanks, Bill Burke Sunburst Shutters and Window Fashions www.sunburstshutters.com www.facebook.com/SunbursShuttersMidwest (317) 767-1000

03/16/2012

Pam M.

We saw their exhibit at the Home Show this year and signed up for a specail discount they were running at their booth. They called to schedule an estimate a couple of weeks later. Bill came out to do the estimate. He measured everything and showed me all of the options regarding colors and styles, bringing in actual examples of the shutter panels. He explained exactly how they would be installed and operate on my windows and answered all of my questions. The shutters came in within the timeframe they had indicated, and the installation was very quick and professional. The shutters are exactly as I had expected, and I will certainly use this company again to do more rooms in my home.

Description of Work
They installed shutters in my kitchen/nook area.

12/01/2011

ALBERT A.

Great! Feel comfortable having them come to my home for measurements and installation. /they stand by the product. They should continue with their great service and products.

Description of Work
Had polywood indoor window shutters installed in 4 windows, took 2 weeks.

Category window treatments

Plywood and wood interior plantation shutters & blinds.

Exterior storm shutters.