Andy Oncall

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2006

4.2

3S071 RT 59 #111

Warrenville, IL 60555

We are a locally owned business, one of 50 ANDY ONCALL franchises nationwide. Since we opened our doors in 2006, we have completed over 7,000 projects throughout Chicagoland. With 15 multi-talented craftsmen in the field, we are well-suited to handle both large and small home projects. In 2010,

12/05/2013

Tim M.

This was a disaster. First--the positives. Bob, the owner, was always a pleasure to deal with through the long painful project, and fully acknowledged his workers' extraorindary shoddy work, failure to show up, etc. He treated my wife an I with respect and didn't duck the problems. The negatives really outweighed the positives. We had a list of things to be done, and were intially told it would be done in a week or two. As we went along, we added some additional items, but it took about 2 months to get everything completed. Instead of having 1 or 2 guys to deal with who knew us and our house and our issues, we had a revolving door of new handymen every week as one after another got called away to other jobs, or failed to show up when promised, necessitating frustrating calls to the owner from us. Work had to be done, redone when it was obviously done carelessly (as the owner agreed), and redone third and fourth times. For just a couple examples, doors were hung incorrectly, paint on the trim was uneven, not done, etc. The drain cut-out in the ceramic tile replacement was done incorrectly and had to be replaced. The price would have been OK if they had done a quality job the first time and gotten it done efficiently. Bob agreed to give a modest discount, but I just can't recommend them based on this experience. Maybe they'd do better with a small discrete job.

Description of Work
Rip up vinyl floor in 130 sq ft laundry room and install ceramic tile, install laundry tub. Install 14 pre-hung doors, and replace and paint all door trim. Install insulation in smallish attic area, and bolster door entraces to attic. Tighten up a faucet. Readjust a couple closet doors, and trim one closet door.

11/09/2013

Carol M.

Work went relatively well. Workman was responsive to our needs. However, job lasted much longer than originally stated. We expected job to be completed in 1 week and it took 3 weeks. I got the feeling at the end that the workman had already started on another project which dragged ours out longer. He sometimes didn't show up until afternoon, but then wanted to work on Saturday, which cut into our weekend time. Some work details near the end of the job seemed rushed and were of lesser quality than work done at the beginning of the project. Workman went above and beyond in that he looked for difficult-to-find parts on his own time. Workman was completely trustworthy, respectful, and always left the work area as clean as could be. I would rate his Professionalism an A minus. The franchise owner was disorganized. The workman did not have the current contract in hand when he came to start the work and was unaware that we had made changes to the original contract with the franchise owner. We had to ask the franchise owner several times for the lien waiver. Also the franchise owner asked me for an interim payment (outside of contract agreement) because he was having cash flow problems. Professionalism for franchise owner is listed above as a C.

Description of Work
Built 2 x 4 framing. Put up and primed drywall on walls and ceiling. Rewired outlets and put in new canned lighting. Installed new pocket door and new exterior door.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

09/23/2013

Janet P.

No one from Andy Oncall ever returned my phone call.

Description of Work
This provider never returned my call.

09/07/2013

Henrietta G.

They were right on time, and above and beyond what I needed. I definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
I have used him for some small projects around my new house: plumbing, garbage disposal, closets, etc...

07/02/2013

ALAUKIK D.

I have called in service provider for an estimate for 5 items. Agreed with pricing on 2 items (Wood Rotting, Carpet Streching) $225.00. Called them several times to confirm our appointment on 29-JU-2013. After confirming appointment on email service provider didn't showed up. I am very disappointed with the service provider and their lack of professionalism.

Description of Work
Provider gave me estimate and never showed up even after confirming appointment.

06/30/2013

Sue L.

It was a very poor business experience.

Description of Work
Contacted business to replace a kitchen faucet and look at drain stopper in bathroom sink. He indicated he thought I would be on schedule for next day and had a few folks who could take care of the job. He said he would call be back to advise of time. Never heard back from them, even 7 days later. This will certainly not be a positive word-of-mouth recommendation.

05/31/2013

Jason G.

Very impressed with responsiveness. When I called, the phone was answered. An appointment was set up for a few days later to evaluate the list of fix-its. Unfortunately, the handyman assigned to come out didn't show at that appointment. When he was 20 minutes late, I called Andy-on-call and Bob the owner came out within 15 minutes for the assessment. A new handyman was assigned; he came out a couple days later and took care of the entire list over a few visits. Each time he was courteous, responsive, cleaned up after himself, and kept us informed as to progress, when he was coming back, and what else needed to happen.

Description of Work
Install MDF in garage to cover drywall holes from kids toys and tools; paint and finish with piece of trim. Recommended and installed garage stair covering. Repaired bi-fold doors and trimmed off bottom half inch due to previous thicker carpet installation. Installed rock climbing pull up board above bedroom door. Welded and machined metal fittings to repair door pulls on heavy sliding doors. Replaced guts of front door locking mechanism.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

05/07/2013

ANGELA W.

Very responsive. Great workmanship!

Description of Work
Repaired cabinet and window screen

04/10/2013

Chad H.

He never showed up. He was supposed to be at my house at 7:30 to start the job, I waited until 9:30 when I told Bob to forget it. I went in to work late waiting for this guy. Very unprofessional and disrespectful of my time. Not behavior typical of somebody I would trust in my home.

Description of Work
The job included hanging 3 interior doors and completing 4 laminate floor transitions.

02/09/2013

Heather Q.

it went very well. He did exactly what was stated in the quote.

Description of Work
We had a quote to replace a rotten column supporting a porch. Andy quoted us a price significantly less than the other quotes. He was pleasant, explained the work and did it perfectly. We would use him again.

01/15/2013

Karen R.

Was able to make appointment quickly Worker arrived on time Worker completed work and explained along the way Worker clean up after the work Process went well

Description of Work
Nice work and good customer service

10/05/2012

Charles M.

Bob called me back right away and set up an appointment. Johnny showed up for the appointment as scheduled and really dug into what was needed looking under deck and structure to understand how to fix. Came up with good design and solution and provided estimate on the spot. I approved the estimate on a Friday and Johnny was here on Monday to start the work. Unfortunately JULIE did not show up yet but instead of leaving Johnny and his crew knocked out everything they could without having to dig. Once JULIE did show up, Johnny was back the next day and completed the job. Very clean and did a real nice job in an odd situation and what they had to work with as I did not want deck replaced. Very pleased and will call again!

Description of Work
Needed deck repaired where it was built around a large tree and tree had grown and was lifting deck. Also add a pciket fence in area adjacent to deck for a dog yard.

Category decks, fencing, handyman service

09/13/2012

Pooja W.

He came and looked at my project. He said he would send me an estimate but never did.

Description of Work
I had a few things to be done around my house.

06/22/2012

Victor K.

The painting went well overall but we never knew when they would be here to work or how long they would be here. It took over a week to finish and the cost was over what we figured. The front door cost more to put in than we paid for the doors. We had a contract for the painting which was fine. When we asked to replace the fan and install a new door we never got a price until it was all done. We had a price of $270 for installing the doors but when it got added up were charged over $500 more for installation. So be sure to get a cost before you get the work done.

Description of Work
Paint trim outside, install entry door and storm door, filled holes from pictures and painted kitchen and hallways and great room. Install overhead fan.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters, doors

06/15/2012

SALLY O.

QUICK RESPONSE TO OUR INITIAL INQUIRY. VERY PROFESSIONAL WHILE GIVING THE ESTIMATE. ON THE DAY THAT THE WORK WAS TO BE DONE, THE WORKMAN HAD A FAMILY EMERGENCY. THE COMPANY QUICKLY RESCHEDULED ANOTHER WORKMAN TO DO THE JOB. WE WERE HAPPY WITH THE WORK DONE.

Description of Work
regrouting the shower

06/02/2012

Susan N.

He called me often to update on when he'd arrive with the new faucet, other parts needed for tub work. Meticulous workmanship overall.

Description of Work
Michael replaced my leaky kitchen faucet with a new solid brass Grohe faucet which he got for me from his supplier. Expensive, but the last one I'll ever need. Also rerouted some goofy water supply lines in master bath and solved major pressure issues on the hot water side. Very well done, almost a work of art. A bit of swearing, but a totally talented gentleman.

05/09/2012

Bruna F.

Bob Steinmetz is a good salesman. He seemed to know what he was doing and could get the job done. He was easy to call to arrange for an estimate and his workers were prompt to get to the job site. The work they said would be done, was not (no flashing added). They came and only added caulk. It is hard to know exactly where a roof leaks. I get that. What bothers us most is the lack of response to problems with the work performed. Any communication at all would have helped. Particularly helpful would have been an explanation of why no flashing was done as written up in the contract.

Description of Work
I met Bob Steinmetz at a home show and won an $80 off coupon. He was pleasant and seemed quite competent. I contacted him to repair the leak in my elderly parents roof. A roofer was sent out to do an estimate. They were quoted $380 to fix the leak using flashing and roofing cement or caulk. The opposite side of the roof had repair work done for a leak and was fixed by similar methods so we were pretty confident this would do the trick as well (the other roofer retired or we would have hired him). For $300 to have the leak repaired seemed reasonable so we went with Andy Oncall. Several days later, the roofer and a helper came to do the repair work. The helper got on the roof and caulked. They spent all of 10 minutes there. No flashing was used. Next good rain, the roof again leaked and the repair work to interior walls was ruined. I made multiple calls and sent emails to Mr. Steinmetz. He did not respond to any.

05/03/2012

Natheena H.

Overall, my experience with Andy Oncall was fantastic. I called and spoke with Bob on Saturday and he told me that they could come out over the weekend and do the work. We scheduled an appt for 9a on Sunday morning. Well, no one showed up on Sunday and I was able to get a hold of Bob around 10:30 and he apologized and promised to get someone out to me. Dan got to the house about 12:30p and was very knowledgeable. I'm a first time homeowner so there are a lot of things that I don't know about. He got my sink replace in an incredibly tight space and as it happens, the realtor had sent a plumber out to check out another issue and Dan actually knew more than the plumber. Especially since the plumber inadvertently turned off the water leading into the house from the water softener. Dan was quick and had a great personality. Would definitely hire again! Thanks guys!

Description of Work
I had a kitchen sink and toilet replaced

04/01/2012

JULIE B.

Called to make an appointment for replacing a toilet and clearing the drain for my washing mcahine. They took all of my information, asked questions regarding the work to be done, told me someonw would call with an estimate and that they would be out to me in 2 days. Never heard from them, no one showed up for the appointment.

Description of Work
Nothing

01/16/2012

Victor K.

I was really impressed with the guy who did the job. They knew what they were doing and how to get it done. I was very happy with them and would call them again if I need something else done.

Description of Work
We had a washer and dryer stacked and wanted to put them side by side on pedestals. I phoned andy on call on Monday and he said they could be here the next day. They showed up at 10 on Tuesday and everything went great.

10/29/2011

Denise U.

Met him at a trade show. He told me he could have the stove picked-up the next day. I said it would require two people. He said no problem. Did not call my house, had to track his delivery man down who told me he couldn't move the stove by himself. He would have to do it later in the week. I was very disappointed with the lack of communication between Mike and his worker and me as well. My friend was doing me a favor by giving me the stove since his kitchen was being redone and he wanted the old one out. I cancelled my request with Jack of all Trades. Met him at a trade show. He told me he could have the stove picked-up the next day. I said it would require two people. He said no problem. Did not call my house, had to track his delivery man down who told me he couldn't move the stove by himself. He would have to do it later in the week. I was very disappointed with the lack of communication between Mike and his worker and me as well. My friend was doing me a favor by giving me the stove since his kitchen was being redone and he wanted the old one out. I cancelled my request with Jack of all Trades.

Description of Work
Had promised to pick-up a stove and deliver it to me from a friend's house nearby.

10/20/2011

Rowdy M.

Appointment was at 4pm. He showed up at 3:55. Polite, honest, and professional. Stayed until all work was completed to our satisfaction. Answered many questions we had on other stand by projects. Cleaned up and left things as they were before arriving. We will have Andy back soon for backlog of remaining projects.

Description of Work
Hung 75lb picture over fireplace Replaced overhead kitchen light fixture Repaired several Kitchen cabinets and drawers Shared expertise on how to install/repair several other to-do's on our list

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, lighting

10/13/2011

Cathy S.

They didn't even bother returning my call. I needed someone to do small miscellaneous jobs, including painting a small closet, fixing a door handle, and hanging various hooks throughout the house and garage. I assume the job wasn't big enough for them. Too bad, because I'm looking for someone to do bigger jobs in the future. In the future, if I see one comment about how they didn't return a call, I'll just keep looking. They just wasted my time.

Description of Work
No work was performed.

Category handyman service, home & garage organization

08/02/2011

Heidi H.

Very well. We needed someone to do the work within a week and we had a bid, a quote and a completed job in about 3 days. The actual work took less than an afternoon. We have bids for them on other projects that are very good, and we will definitely consider them when we're ready to move ahead.

Description of Work
We purchased a new water softener and they hooked it up for us. Some copper piping needed to be replaced (the old unit spewed out of the connections and ruined some of the existing piping) and the existing discharge line was not to code, so those issues were corrected at the same time.

07/27/2011

Matthew H.

They did really well and I have no complaints about them. They did the work fine and quick. They also gave a couple of dollars less than the original quote.

Description of Work
I used Andy Oncall for doing the drywall about six months ago. They did the basement drywall, ceiling and floors which were about 12000sqft.

Category drywall, handyman service

Fresh Start Clean Out, Inc.

Let’s face it. That’s not just clutter you’ve got building up in a certain room of your home. It’s a whole bundle of items that feel like a nightmare to sort. It would be easy if you could just toss everything in frustration, but you can’t. After all, there’s bound to be a lot of things you want to hold on to buried amongst the stuff that’s pure trash. No wonder some days you don’t even want to deal with it. So don’t. That’s our job at Fresh Start Clean Out, Inc. See, unlike other major removal companies, Fresh Start Clean Out Inc. doesn’t just take everything away without a second thought. We understand that your things are valuable to you. Even the things you can’t quite figure out whether or not they’re worth keeping. That’s why we’re more consultative and caring than those other guys who see it all as “junk” could ever be. We don’t move a paper clip until we work closely with you to fully take your feelings into consideration as we help you decide what stays and what goes. A one-day consultation is all it takes to begin. From there, we’re ready to move to a stage of rapidly dividing and conquering clutter for you – preserving what’s absolutely needing to stay and swiftly moving out the items that needed to leave your home yesterday. What’s left? The magical feeling of knowing that your Fresh Start – that moment you thought would never happen – has finally arrived. With Fresh Start Clean Out, Inc., you’ve got a new space. The first item we’ll put back into that space is total clarity. You can also call us on this number: (630) 696-3069

Pepe's Tree Service

Pepe's Tree Service has been in business for the last 15 years helping serve DuPage, Kane, and Will Counties. We are an owner operated business and I am on site for all jobs, ready to answer any questions you may have about your upcoming project. We are fully insured and ready to come help you with your next tree removal or landscaping needs. Safety is our #1 Priority! I offer free estimates and Emergency Services so please call or click for an estimate today!

Tapia's Co

Tapia's Co has over 10 years of experience in carpentry, painting & remodeling work. We have 2 employees and Use subcontractors for electrical & plumbing. Cost determined by the job. We focus on quality work for our customers at reasonable prices.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Carpentry, kitchen and bath, painting, vinyl, drywall, ceramic tile, decks, maintenance and repair, fix a fence, caulk a tub, stop a drip, pane a window, grout a tile, hang a blind and screen a porch.

Room additions, new foundations, asphalt, appliance repair, cleaning services, furniture moving, grass cutting, leaf removal