Andy Oncall

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2006

4.2

We are a locally owned business, one of 50 ANDY ONCALL franchises nationwide. Since we opened our doors in 2006, we have completed over 7,000 projects throughout Chicagoland. With 15 multi-talented craftsmen in the field, we are well-suited to handle both large and small home projects. In 2010, we earned an Angie's list "Super Service Award", and we are a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business with an A rating. We accept checks, credit cards and cash. Payment is due upon completion of work. Ask about Angie's List discount....

Paxem, Inc. Residential & Senior Moving & Estate Liquidation

In business since 2003, Paxem provides residential, commercial and senior services for moves. We are an A+ Accredited Senior Move Manager who provides services for the older adult population as well as younger folks! Services include: organizing / de-cluttering / estate sales / liquidations / packing / set up / staging/ move management / inventories / hoarder specialists. Our employees are experts in the entire moving process. Paxem is accredited through ASEL (American Society of Estate Liquidators) which means we're held to a higher standard than other estate liquidators. Whether you're moving locally or across the nation Paxem can help. Paxem Showroom is now open and sells high quality consignment of furniture, fine art, high quality area rugs, decorative items, fine jewelry and more. The Paxem Showroom is located at 345 N. Eric Dr., Palatine, IL 60067

EXTRAVAGANT PAINTING

Extravagant Painting takes pride in delivering high end finished projects. Customer service is the leading priority; being a small business owner, I take the time to listen. Extravagant painting makes a point to ensure you, the customer, understand the process before the paint goes up. Painting is a lot more than picking a color and rolling it on. The attention to detail begins with the preparation of the area. Correcting imperfections in the walls and continues throughout the entire project until the final coat. A beautiful room will house memories for a lifetime.

Dino's Painting

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

12/05/2013

This was a disaster. First--the positives. Bob, the owner, was always a pleasure to deal with through the long painful project, and fully acknowledged his workers' extraorindary shoddy work, failure to show up, etc. He treated my wife an I with respect and didn't duck the problems. The negatives really outweighed the positives. We had a list of things to be done, and were intially told it would be...

Description of Work
Rip up vinyl floor in 130 sq ft laundry room and install ceramic tile, install laundry tub. Install 14 pre-hung doors, and replace and paint all door trim. Install insulation in smallish attic area, and bolster door entraces to attic. Tighten up a faucet. Readjust a couple closet doors, and trim one closet door.

11/09/2013

Work went relatively well. Workman was responsive to our needs. However, job lasted much longer than originally stated. We expected job to be completed in 1 week and it took 3 weeks. I got the feeling at the end that the workman had already started on another project which dragged ours out longer. He sometimes didn't show up until afternoon, but then wanted to work on Saturday, which cut into our ...

Description of Work
Built 2 x 4 framing. Put up and primed drywall on walls and ceiling. Rewired outlets and put in new canned lighting. Installed new pocket door and new exterior door.

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,woodworking,interior painters,doors

09/23/2013

No one from Andy Oncall ever returned my phone call.

Description of Work
This provider never returned my call.

09/07/2013

They were right on time, and above and beyond what I needed. I definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
I have used him for some small projects around my new house: plumbing, garbage disposal, closets, etc...

07/02/2013

I have called in service provider for an estimate for 5 items. Agreed with pricing on 2 items (Wood Rotting, Carpet Streching) $225.00. Called them several times to confirm our appointment on 29-JU-2013. After confirming appointment on email service provider didn't showed up. I am very disappointed with the service provider and their lack of professionalism.

Description of Work
Provider gave me estimate and never showed up even after confirming appointment.

06/30/2013

It was a very poor business experience.

Description of Work
Contacted business to replace a kitchen faucet and look at drain stopper in bathroom sink. He indicated he thought I would be on schedule for next day and had a few folks who could take care of the job. He said he would call be back to advise of time. Never heard back from them, even 7 days later. This will certainly not be a positive word-of-mouth recommendation.

Category handyman service,plumbing

05/31/2013

Very impressed with responsiveness. When I called, the phone was answered. An appointment was set up for a few days later to evaluate the list of fix-its. Unfortunately, the handyman assigned to come out didn't show at that appointment. When he was 20 minutes late, I called Andy-on-call and Bob the owner came out within 15 minutes for the assessment. A new handyman was assigned; he came out a coup...

Description of Work
Install MDF in garage to cover drywall holes from kids toys and tools; paint and finish with piece of trim. Recommended and installed garage stair covering. Repaired bi-fold doors and trimmed off bottom half inch due to previous thicker carpet installation. Installed rock climbing pull up board above bedroom door. Welded and machined metal fittings to repair door pulls on heavy sliding doors. Replaced guts of front door locking mechanism.

Category drywall,handyman service,woodworking,interior painters,doors

05/07/2013

Very responsive. Great workmanship!

Description of Work
Repaired cabinet and window screen

04/10/2013

He never showed up. He was supposed to be at my house at 7:30 to start the job, I waited until 9:30 when I told Bob to forget it. I went in to work late waiting for this guy. Very unprofessional and disrespectful of my time. Not behavior typical of somebody I would trust in my home.

Description of Work
The job included hanging 3 interior doors and completing 4 laminate floor transitions.

02/09/2013

it went very well. He did exactly what was stated in the quote.

Description of Work
We had a quote to replace a rotten column supporting a porch. Andy quoted us a price significantly less than the other quotes. He was pleasant, explained the work and did it perfectly. We would use him again.

Category handyman service

Carpentry, kitchen and bath, painting, vinyl, drywall, ceramic tile, decks, maintenance and repair, fix a fence, caulk a tub, stop a drip, pane a window, grout a tile, hang a blind and screen a porch.

Room additions, new foundations, asphalt, appliance repair, cleaning services, furniture moving, grass cutting, leaf removal

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa