We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Royal Majestic Dry Clean & Laundry

Founded 1968 • With Angi since December 2011

4.4

1355 Wilhelm Rd

Mundelein, IL 60060

ALL Angie's List customers receive first dry cleaning order at 50% off and $1.69 laundered dress shirts for first 2 months (mention this offer upon pick-up) / FREE Pick-Up & Delivery for N. Cook, Lake (IL), & McHenry Counties/ NO MINIMUMS, SURCHARGES, OR ENVIRONMENTAL FEES 1 of only 3 CERTIFIED GREEN Dry Cleaners in Chicago area (Green Cleaners' Council of IL) 1 of 3 only CERTIFIED Gown Preservation Specialists in Chicago Better Business Bureau of Chicago Accredited Business Angie's List Super Service Award for 2014...

07/10/2019

Niko M.

I am on a long-term stay in a nearby hotel who uses Royal Majestic as their laundromat. the first time I received my clothes, I noticed a really odd barcode sticker on the inside of my shirt. when I tried to remove it, the fabric of the shirt started to tear. all of my clothing was stuck with this heat-glued sticker. I requested multiple times on the laundry inventory slip to please remove the stickers before returning the items to me. my requests were ignored each time. I spoke to the hotel desk staff, who called Royal Majestic on my behalf requesting the same. those requests were also ignored each time. when I called to complain to a manager, I spoke to the owner, Tim. Tim was really great at speaking over me and interrupting me to explain that the stickers are used to track the items in their facility. he also kindly explained that they would not be interested in removing the stickers before returning the items as, quote, "they are meant to be permanent." so, cool, when (as if) I give you my Burberry coat, you're going to put a permanent barcode on it? oof. 1) Tim's bedside manner needs some work. I was not aggressive or angry. each time he interrupted me I asked if I could please finish my sentence. of course those requests were ignored (just like my others!). 2) heat glue stickers do not belong on my clothing. I expect a laundry service to launder; not to affix some permanent barcode to my shirt. if I went to a mechanic shop to have the oil changed, and my car was returned to me with a barcode bumper sticker, I'd be similarly upset. you can apply this metaphor to any situation and see how ridiculous this practice is. 3) I have used laundry services all over the world and I've never seen this before. Royal Majestic's claims of "European standards" are a joke. every other place in the world uses a little tag though a buttonhole or beltloop, or even safety pinned to the article of clothing. I would never assume so much as to *damage my customer's property* like these folks have. Tim, please expect a chargeback from me. I was on the fence about this until I spoke to you, but your tone sealed the deal.

Description of Work
dry cleaning and laundry sevices

10/04/2017

Ben F.

We have been using Majestic Cleaners for 6 years and are very happy with their service and delivery. They pick up and drop off clothes twice per week, and there haven't been any issues in all that time.

Description of Work
Weekly dry cleaning of work and dress clothes.

06/26/2017

alisa W.

Forgot to come more than one time and when I called the owner was not nice.

Description of Work
dry cleaning

Category dry cleaning

All of our customers are vitally important to us, regardless of their frequency of usage or volume. Obviously, we make our money by servicing all requests to the best of our ability, skill, and judgment every day; and under most reasonable circumstances. It is unlikely that we "forgot to come", since most "regular" (twice per week, once per week, or 10 days-2 week) route customers anticipate and expect our reliable, convenient, flexible, and courteous service being a hallmark to our Personal Valet Service. This is a service concept that I developed in the 1980s personally. There must be some confusion in the recollection of this customer. She last did business with us in March of 2016. Consequently, she was placed on an inactive route status to conserve time and gas. In addition, those customers who have not done business at all in over a year are removed from the inactive records as well. Archived information is accessible to only two (2) managers in ownership. Any clerk answering the phone, who may not be able to find this customer, may not have been able to set up a call for service. This may have led to the misunderstanding and confusion on the customer's behalf concerning a "forgot to come" complaint. And why now after 15 months of inactivity has this become an issue? But, there seems to be more here than meets the eye! I have never met, nor spoken with this customer to the best of my recollection. How would she know if she spoke with me or not? My apologies if her expectations with us were not satisfied to the fullest by any of our staff, or if she felt that her business was not important to us. I would welcome her return to our service in a more current time period; new customer incentives would apply!

04/30/2017

NANCY N.

We have used Majestic Cleaners for 37 years throughout some ownership changes. The current owner has been very responsive to our needs.

Description of Work
Personal Dry Cleaning

02/27/2017

Robert C.

Cleaning picked up from house and never delivered. Owner now alleges cleaning was never picked up. Owner was very rude and insulting, worst customer service I've ever had.

Description of Work
Dry Cleaning

01/30/2017

Victoria M.

Great service and very professional

Description of Work
Dry cleaning

09/08/2016

Bill K.

Excellent. Great service and they are experts in their field. I have called the owner (Tim) on a couple of occasions to ask about fabrics and dry-cleaning recommendations and about shirt laundry options. Tim knows his stuff. He took time to explain the fabrics and the process that would be best for me. Royal Majestic offers prompt pickup and delivery service which I find to be a huge time saver. Drivers are courteous and consistent. Very professional service! I highly recommend them to neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Dry Cleaning of suits and tuxedo. Shirt laundry

Category dry cleaning,ironing

09/02/2016

NANCY N.

We have used Royal Majestic for more than 30 years. They have changed owners in that time and the new owner Tim has been very responsive. In that period of time, there have been small issues of course, but they have always been resolved promptly.

Description of Work
Dry Cleaning

02/02/2016

Rebecca H.

The price is based on garments. It's like $1.40 a shirt. Our rate changes every week depending on how many clothes we have. We probably do 5 shirts a week and then a suit every once in a while. They do garment repair and we've used them for that. A suit came back with some stains on it and when I brought it in, they kind of blamed it on us. They said that it was something that we did. There was a couple of spots on my husbands suit and when I brought it in they said it was probably there before but it wasn't. So, not only did they try to blame it on us, they said they might not be able to get it out and when they did get it out, it came back wrinkled. I would say they didn't take responsibility for a stain and they tried to blame it on us. What they could have done better is just offer to fix it rather than trying to figure out who's fault it was. We've been using them for probably 6 years. They've been great, other than that one thing.

Description of Work
We use Royal Majestic Dry Clean & Laundry very often. The last time was probably last week.

Category dry cleaning,alterations

There must be some confusion in this customer's mind; there certainly is in my mine.The last time we serviced her account was the middle of November last year (2015). We did not process anything in January as listed above.However, we did re-process a suit jacket and slacks at the end of August last year (2015). We operate all of our business off of truck routes. We have no front stores, per se, since 2012, that would allow a customer "to bring anything in". We never "blame" anything on customers, but we do strive to educate them about their textiles; and the attendant wearing situations and storage conditions that affect what is observable. We are Professional Members of the Dry Cleaning & Laundry Institute [hyperlink removed]). In addition, we are an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau of Chicago with an A+ rating! When marking staff identify, describe, price, flag, and sort garments, they do so under bright fluorescent lighting to maximize any visual evidence of stains; so that they can be professionally and properly identified for efficient handling and cleaning. There are two families of stains that dry invisible to the naked eye. The most notorious of these are clear or translucent beverages or sauces that have sugar or artificial sweeteners. Members of this family of stains often cannot be detected until they go through the drying stage of the dry cleaning cycle. That's when they become evident, and are often irremovable. If we know that it is possible that something like this has happened, we can flush it with wet side solution, air dry the item, and then dry clean it later to avoid the risk of shrinkage or discoloration. Unfortunately, customers must assume some responsibility for conditions under which their clothing is worn (and alas, soiled or stained). We use the most professionally tested and approved materials (R.R. Streets of Chicago) and techniques in treating spots; however, it is not an all or nothing, guaranteed removal process, as any reputable dry cleaner will tell you. We try in good faith to remove stains and soil, but we are not always miracle workers. Although, we have been successful at improving or rectifying what other cleaners have left unsatisfactory, unattended, or even damaged. Sometimes stains are set (oxidized) by the chemical (acidic versus base) elements of the food or beverage in question; some by the heat of the food or drink; some even by spices or their combinations. It is very complex and tricky; not as simple as one might suspect. When a customer insists that we "push the stain to the wall", we will do so; but that comes with a codicil that they assume ultimate responsibility for the outcome due to our more aggressive chemicals and techniques. Wrinkles can be a result of a manufacturer using glue to position (especially facings, collars, lapels, and cuffs) before and during stitching to avoid migration or slippage. There is no reliable way to predict this, even in more familiar, popular, or expensive labels. Clothing is manufactured all over the globe nowadays with little regard to the restrictions and requirements of the federal FTC Care Label Law. I hope that this sheds a little more light on what dry cleaners face on a daily basis and the misunderstanding some of the public assume incorrectly. That is why manufacturers and retailers alike recommend using a licensed, accredited, professional dry cleaner who is CERTIFIED GREEN!

07/29/2015

Michelle M.

We weren't sure about having a service pick up and deliver our dry-cleaning and laundry (business shirts). But after calling the company and talking with them we tried the service. Now, I think we may become long-term customers. Everyone we have come in contact with are professional and friendly. The work they ave done for us is excellent quality.

Description of Work
Dry-cleaning and laundry services

Category dry cleaning,alterations

Persian Rug Gallery

Specialize in everything RUGS. We work with all types of rugs; rug cleaning, repair & restoration, buying/selling/trading rugs, rug appraisals, antique rugs, stairway rug installation, rug hanging, etc.

PREMIER SUEDE/LEATHER & SPECIALTY CLEANERS

We are located in California and do not offer regular dry-cleaning services. Premier is the nation's finest suede and leather garment cleaner. WE PREFER THAT YOU CALL US DIRECTLY WITH ANY REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS AT (949) 244-0943, OR E-MAIL US AT: leathergods@aol.com. IF YOU EMAIL US, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. Highly recommended by the finest retail stores in the U.S., including Nordstrom, Armani, Tom Ford, Gene Hiller, etc. Thousands of clients from all over the country who demand the finest quality and workmanship, ship garments to us directly for cleaning, dyeing, and repairs. Other services: purses cleaned and re-dyed, alterations and repairs, re-weaving of fabric garments, and area rug cleaning. Furniture cleaning and dyeing limited to Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties.

Bella Custom Cleaning Ltd

Family Owned Since 1960! Our Mission and Goal is to provide a Healthy Environment in your Home, Office and Warehouse with a Professional and Pleasant cleaning experience throughout all of Chicagoland with our cleaning services. Established in 1960, Bella Custom Cleaning provides quality residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, drapery, blind, shade and mattress cleaning. We also offer flood restoration cleaning. We follow the number one recommended cleaning methods by all carpet, upholstery, drapery, and blind manufacturers. Serving all of Chicagoland-West and South Suburbs 708-579-3182 Dupage and Will County County 630-960-9422 Northern Cook County, Lake and Mchenry County 847-966-6731 All of Chicago 773-285-0850

Offers by Bella Custom Cleaning Ltd on Angi

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Luggage Repair
    Furs
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Dry Cleaning, Laundry, Executive Shirt, Fluff & Fold, College Student Program, Wedding Gown & Christening Outfits Heir Loomed, Leather, Suede, & Fur Cleaning, Storage, & Repair, Drapes Take Down & Re-Hang Svc, Oriental & Area Rugs, Hand Finished Table Cloths & Skirting, Alterations

In Home Carpeting & Upholstery Cleaning