Allied Garage Door Repair

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2010

PO Box 817

Lombard, IL 60148

Your garage could be a bedroom for your cars, a workshop for your projects, or a storage space for your belongings. However you use it, your garage deserves a sturdy door that opens and closes at the touch of a button. When your garage door stops working, you want it fixed as soon as possible.

11/12/2020

Martha H.

Lafayette our garage door repairman did a fantastic job servicing our garage door! I would recommend him & Allied Garage Door to anyone. Our garage door runs so smoothly now. We are set for another year. Our garage door goes up & down easily & NO SQUEEKY NOISE ANYMORE! THANK YOU LAFAYETTE! Marie & Martha from Countryside, IL.

Description of Work
new cable with pulleys, new rollers

Category awnings, garage doors

08/14/2020

Lisa J.

On Wednesday I contacted Joe at Allied Garage and requested a replacement for an Overhead, Banner, model 359, long panel, almond, R-Value 9.83, 12 R, size 16 x 6'9". Joe advised that the replacement was the Clopay 4053, it was in stock, and he was trying to find someone to install it the same day. I had not heard from Allied and called them back at 5:10PM and asked Joe when someone would be out Thursday to perform the installation. I was told that Bob would be out on Thursday between 12PM-2PM. Bob arrived at 2:25PM, complained that Allied wanted him to install this door on Wednesday and he told them no "he had a life". The slide lock and handle were not installed and another person came out on Friday to finish the install. I realized something else was not right when the temperature in the garage was a lot warmer than normal. I was surprised to learn from Clopay that the replacement for model OHD 359 R-Value 9.83 was NOT the 4053. It should be the model 4310. Now I have an $1129.00 door which does not meet my required specifications.

Description of Work
Replacement for OHD Banner Model 359

11/16/2017

Brett B.

Very professional staff in office to schedule appointment and received followup call from office when technician was 20min away. Friendly and knowledgable technician. The service visit base price seemed a bit high, but This is the first time I have needed garage door service so I don’t have a good baseline to compare against. Will be using Allied again when I need further service, given the prompt and friendly service!

Description of Work
Add strut to garage door for support, program remote door opener, check opener and sensors, oil system.

09/21/2017

Brenda R.

Great. I'm happy every day i get to push that button!

Description of Work
Electric garage door installrd. Others said it couldn't be done because of slope of my roof but Allied stayed around until they figured out how to do it!

09/12/2017

Wendy T.

The technician who came out to do the repair work was prompt, considerate and professional. He did the best he could to repair our damaged garage door, but was only able to replace the hardware because the bent panel was not fixable. Then we discussed options for replacing the bent panel, but concluded it would be a more viable option to go ahead and replace the whole door. Since we have two garage doors, it meant replacing both doors. The price he quoted me sounded reasonable for the type of doors being recommended, so I decided to go with them. He recommended that I call the office and ask for Joe T. to get more details and have someone come out to do official measurements. This is when the problems happened. I called and spoke to Joe T. He contradicted what the technician had told me about official measurements being taken, and told me I could place an order right away. The doors were standard sizes, and it turned out they were in stock. The day they were supposed to come out to install the doors, I got a call from Joe saying the truck had broken down and he didn't know when they'd be able to come that day, if at all. I mentioned that I had other engagements that afternoon and could they just come the next morning. He agreed to it. Day 2: complete no-show, no phone calls. So I called them about an hour after the scheduled appointment time, and spoke to Joe again. I decided to cancel the order completely. A few minutes later, I got a call from the manager. Too bad they couldn't be more reliable and courteous in the beginning. What bothered me most was the nonchalant attitude (tone of voice) that Joe seemed to have throughout the whole thing. Guess they didn't want my business bad enough. I'll never go with them again.

Description of Work
Needed immediate repair work on a damaged garage door until I could completely replace both of my garage doors.

09/06/2017

joan K.

both technician and installer were very professional. A little slip up - trim was a few inches short was fixed the next day.

Description of Work
replaced 2 garage doors

07/29/2017

Gary O.

It went very well. We were told that Allied would call us when the service technician was on his way. We were called and Brian, the serviceman, showed up earlier than anticipated. Brian diagnosed the problem quickly. It was not only the cable that needed replacing but both springs that allow the door to go up and down. He repaired the door in about an hour. Since this was billed as an emergency service the cost was more expensive than a normal service call. Brian helped us out by providing some coupons that helped lower the cost.

Description of Work
My wife went to the garage about 5:30 PM ( Saturday) The garage door only opened partially. She saw that a cable had broken. We called Allied because they offer 24 hour emergency service. They also have been in business for a long time and their reviews on Angie's List have been A's.

07/14/2017

j P.

Came out the same day. Service was great!!!

Description of Work
Replaced four springs and a pulley on my overhead garage door

06/30/2017

Rick S.

It took a while to get the door. Once they made the appointement to show up, they showed up.

Description of Work
They removed the old garage door and installed a new door.

05/11/2017

Jill S.

Amazon driver hit the garage door so we needed door put back into place temporarily on a Saturday afternoon. Great responsiveness! Monday morning they called and told me the repairman was on his way with the new door. All done by 10:30 AM. I thought it was the best possible outcome...but then that week I noticed the door made an odd noise and the rails were moving. I called them to come back. Came within an hour or so. The tech came and lubed the hinges, which took away some of the noise. I pointed out that the track was moving. He looked and noticed the bolts weren't tight. Ran the door again while he checked the other side. Told me to stop the door immediately, as the bolts on that side were barely holding. Tightened up and all seems well two months later. I called them back but I should not have needed to.

Description of Work
Temporarily secure and then replace garage door after an accident.

05/01/2017

James G.

Gave me the best price, worked around my schedule, quality work. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 garage doors and 2 garage door openers.

09/21/2016

Robert P.

From answering the phone to completion, everything was professional and exactly as quoted/expected.

Description of Work
Replace springs on single and two car garage doors, install quiet chain driven garage door openers, install wireless key pad opener.

06/01/2016

Robin S.

Our garage door was working sometimes and not others. In the past 2 days it was moving very slow and labored. I called Allied at 10am they were here a little after 2. Turns out we only needed to unplug the opener for 10 seconds. It needed a reboot. I am happy Martin was honest and didn't sell me something we didn't need. However, it would have been nice if they suggested this be done over the phone. Sure they make for money this way. He repaired a broken hinge that would have been a problem in the future so that is good. I will call them again if needed.

Description of Work
Rebooted the opener ie unplugged it for 10 seconds. Repaired a broken hinge.

06/02/2015

Benet Academy High School Reun C.

The owner of the company was very nice, answered all my questions over the phone. The installer was professional, answered (even more of) my questions and went over how to program the devices. One of four remotes was not working properly. The owner had stopped by to see how the install was going and offered to bring back a working remote at my convince. I would highly recommend this company to friends/family.

Description of Work
Installed two garage door openers & keypads.

03/23/2015

CHRISTINE & WILLIAM M.

We have been using them for about seven years. They have been pretty good and very honest. The price for the two new doors was $1148. My overall experience with them has been excellent. They come out and tell us that we don’t need this and that we will be fine if we do this. They did tell us that what we had on there before we had these big springs was dangerous and I knew that. They said that it would be better to replace the door because the spring had broken then to replace the spring which would probably break. They told us that the other door with the spring would probably break too based on the age of the door. They also taught us how to fix something on the door the next time it came off. They are very prompt. They are here when they say they will be here. They are very professional.

Description of Work
They put two new garage doors in. They have come back and adjusted the door. The roller broke on one, so they were out for that.

01/29/2015

Frank G.

After a train wreak "Big Deal" with another service (more like NO service) I called Allied. They came out the same day and the installer was fantastic. Knew what he was doing and did not mind me standing there asking questions. They are now my goto garage guys. Thanks.

Description of Work
Replace old broken springs.

01/09/2015

Sandra H.

I called Allied and they had someone out today even though they were booked solid today. Spoke with the manager Tom. I'd requested the serviceman who had come out before but he was not available. He sent Will out to help and said I'd be pleased with his service. Where do they get these guys! He was a professional outstanding young man. He did a safety check on my door because he saw we have our house up for sale! Mind you it's -20 below windchill and he walked me through everything!!! He went through everything step by step on what he was looking for and provided excellent service.

Description of Work
My garage door had frozen and it wouldn't shut properly last night. When I went to open this morning it wouldn't work at all. He checked the motor, replaced a few rollers, adjusted the tension and replaced a cable that was rusty. All he needed to do was check the motor but he went above and beyond to make sure it was all fine.

12/25/2014

Carol C.

Everything went well until we discussed final price and senior discount and coupon from local phone book. I spoke with the owner when I called for an appointment. He acknowledged the coupon and the "10%" senior discount. The serviceman tried to tell me it was only a $10 senior discount and it was only on a certain portion of the bill. He wanted me to pay $365. I told him my calculations came to $301 with the coupon and discounts and suggested he call the office to get the correct information. He completed the work and did a good job. He did suggest other things that could be done since the mechanism was 21 years old. I would use this company again based on their reputation and performance. .

Description of Work
Replaced both springs on garage door. Replaced rollers with nylon, ball bearing rollers.

12/23/2014

KAREN L.

Allied came out late in the evening (well after normal hours) to repair the door frame & track that I'd bent with one of our vehicles so that we could again put both in the garage & close the door securely. After repairing the frame (& its attached track) he checked on the rest of the system to make sure it hadn't been damaged by my repeated efforts to fix it myself. He was very courteous and professional throughout.

Description of Work
Emergency fix of garage door frame & examination of opener & tracks so that we could once again raise & lower the door!

09/30/2014

Pamela P.

This company gives excellent customer service. From the people who answer the phone to Martin and Abel who came to help with the broken opener. Abel was able to get a new garage door opener for us because the original was so faulty. All with a smile and a great sense of humor. Thanks to everyone.

Description of Work
The 2 year old garage door opener was not operating. After 2 visits Abel took it back to the shop to repair.

06/10/2014

Tracy K.

I called Allied and they came out promptly. The service person was polite and quickly diagnosed the problem. I was informed that one of the springs was broken. This has happened before and the service person recommended commercial springs as a better solution. The commercial springs were a $200 upgrade. We followed the recommendation and had the commercial springs installed. The cost of the upgraded springs seems excessive.

Description of Work
Allied replaced the garage door springs and the door rollers.

06/03/2014

James S.

Job done efficiently and professionally. Employee sent out was terrific.

Description of Work
Replaced broken springs and worn out rollers.

04/16/2014

MYRNA G.

They came out the day we called. They had styles and colors for us and excellent recommendations as to what would give us the best look. Since the one we picked had to be ordered it was a short wait. They called when it arrived and were able to install it right away. The installation went very well and we are very satisfied with the results. They cleaned everything up and removed the old door as well. It is a job well done!!

Description of Work
Replaced my garage door.

04/12/2014

Keith U.

Garage door refused to rise on a Saturday morning. Called Allied based on Angie's reviews. They were friendly, responsive, and punctual. The technician (Will?) was terrific. Replaced the broken springs, pointed out areas of concern with my door, and recommended and did replace the wheels (which were extremely worn). We are very satisfied and would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced broken springs & wheels.

03/29/2014

Judith D.

Customer service was exceptional. Scheduling was fast and met my timeframe and availability. Work was done all in one day. One piece of molding was broken due to cold weather, but Allied was very persistent in replacing it and making it right. The completion of the job and quality of the work was excellent. Technicians were all professional. The company is very customer focused. I definitely recommend them and would use them again. They were the third company I called and they were the most responsive and the first that showed they wanted the work!

Description of Work
Replaced 3 garage doors and electric door openers.

Bell's Lock & Key Service

Please contact me directly through the phone. With over 25 years served in the Chicagoland area, Bell's Lock and Key is your solution for any locksmith needs. Excelling in services of home, business and vehicle, our goal is to serve with integrity and to leave you feeling safe and secure! Family owned for 25 years! Additional locations in Naperville & Winfield. License number: 191-00067

Hunzinger Williams Inc

We currently operate from our 10,000 square ft. manufacturing facility complete with our own in house sewing, welding and graphic application equipment. We encourage all our customers to visit our facility which is completed with one of the nicest awning and canopy showrooms in the Chicagoland area. A variety of residential and commercial awning and canopy products are displayed for your viewing.

Envy Home Services, Inc.

Welcome to Envy Home Services, Chicagoland’s trusted designer and installer of All Season Sunrooms, Three Season Sunrooms, Screen Rooms, Patio Covers, Pergolas, Awnings, and more. Homeowners come to Envy for their home improvement needs because they want their project to be completed on time, within budget and worry-free. Our mission starts with designing the right living space just for you. Then, with careful planning, our professional installation team gets to work. The transformation of an underused or unattractive space takes hold before your eyes, and you’ll see the new space just as you imagined. If you’re looking for a sunroom, room addition, Patio Cover or Pergola you’ll love the final product the Envy team will deliver for you. With a focus on personalized service, we’ll design the space and complete the final touches as if it’s our own home. A family-owned, local company, we’ll go the extra mile to earn your business.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Envy Home Services, Inc. on Angi

Garage Door Installation, Repair, & Maintenance.