MiniMoves Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2009

Global Small Moving Solutions - MiniMoves, has offered unique solutions for STATE to STATE small moves since 1991. Our network is fully dedicated to small moves. It's what we do best. With our full service small moves, you can save yourself the time and hassle of renting a truck and spend less than with a moving company best suited for large moves, not small moves. We believe small moves deserve the same treatment as the larger moves that's why we offer competitive guaranteed pricing and remarkable quality whether it's one piece, a room or an apartment...

Good Move Movers

Good Move Movers is a moving and storage company located in Elmhurst, Illinois. We specialize in local residential moving. We also have temperature controlled, fully licensed and insured warehouse. Our prices for local packing and moving are always competitive and our storage pricing is prorated per day. We also do overnight storage to accommodate closing days. All moving professionals must pass background checks.

Elite Moving & Storage -  Accepting 3+ Bedroom Projects

**Due to high volume of calls, we are currently unable to accommodate moves under 3 bedrooms in size*** Elite Moving & Storage, a Chicago based moving company and offers full moving services for all of your local & long distance moving needs. Whether your move is large or small - one item or a full truck load – we have the knowledge and expertise to provide you with a reliable and efficient moving service. Elite Moving and Storage serves as a local Chicago and Illinois mover as well as a long distance moving company. We are competitively priced, licensed and insured and hold a satisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau. Our long distance moving services includes: • Professional Moving Consultant that will be with you all the way • Door to Door relocation • Guaranteed rate with no additive rates for the extra items • Space reservation on the truck for the inventory listed • Professional moving crew • Disassembly and reassembly of basic furniture • Padding of wooden, plastic, metal, upholstered & leather furniture with moving pads. • Organized inventory list of goods • Loading and unloading • Fully equipped truck • Taxes , Fuel, Tolls & Miles • Free 1 flight of stairs on pickup and delivery • No charge for elevator or large appliances • Up to 1 month free storage and free re-delivery to your new home from our Storage • Basic Liability coverage of $0.60 per pound per article Use discount code: Angie911 to receive a $50.00 off your next long distance move. (Must be present at the time of scheduling. Not valid with any other discounts, special offers and for moves under 300cf. Not valid for more moves that are scheduled less than 3 days prior to the 1st day of the pickup window)

Offers by Elite Moving & Storage -  Accepting 3+ Bedroom Projects on Angi
DC Moving company

WE MOVE ALL KINDS OF FURNITURE WE WORK HOURLY&FLAT RATES WE PROVIDE THE TRUCK AND ALL THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR YOUR MOVE WE PROVIDE MOVING PADDING/BLANKETS WE DO LABOR: LOAD&UNLOAD YOUR OWN TRUCK(TRAILER,PODS) Free estimates, Full packing services, Long distance move Our teams are staffed with local residents who are full-time employees and fully trained moving professionals. We believe that maintaining a well-trained full-time staff of local movers allows us to provide a superior local moving service to customers. Through our hard work, we've been able to leverage our success to grow our company.

10/02/2021

Worst move ever. Here are some details: • We had everything in our home professionally packed by an outside firm OR Mini Moves. • Mini Moves didn't complaint or note any concerns when they took our items into their truck in June 2021. • They sold us $14,500 in services INCLUDING $850 for $0 deductible "replacement" insurance. • They destroyed a $3,500 Italian credenza that is not made any more inside our family home. • They ripped a painting by Santa Monica modernist (90 years old and retired) literally in half. The painting was purchased 10 years ago and was $5,400. Who knows how much more it is worth now. • They damaged a marble topped "server" including the top and many scratches. We asked them engage the insurance. They refused. They offered about 40 cents on the dollar towards replacement cost. We rejected that offer. They demanded that we don't write reviews on social, sites like Yelp, Angi etc... To be clear: our family understands that people are human and that things get broken in moves. Some things that are hard to replace, sometimes. What we don't understand is why these people refuse to engage their insurance which we PAID FOR. REPLACEMENT VALUE which is still a GROSS LOSS for us. Buyer BEWARE. This company doesn't want to engage their in

Description of Work
Move from Scottsdale to New Jersey

06/11/2019

We got a quote from Minimoves to move some furniture and boxes from the Chicago area to Michigan. Quote was good ($1500) and everything sounded great. They were very friendly on the phone and seemed knowledgeable. Then, around 2 weeks before the move, we called to book the move. All of a sudden, it was difficult to talk with anyone. When I finally found out what was going on, they explained that our house in Michigan was further away (4.5 hours) that they had thought (even though we gave them the zip code in the beginning), and the quote was increased to $3500!! I bet you know what we thought of this. Now we are stuck without a mover and trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for your great service Minimoves.

Description of Work
Move furniture/books from Chicago to Michigan

04/16/2019

Everything was perfect! They arrived when they said they would, professionally disassembled our 100 year old bedroom furniture, wrapped and loaded with care in Omaha, NE and delivered, unwrapped and assembled it at our destination near Houston, TX. in a very timely manner.

Description of Work
Disassemble Bedroom Set wrap, pack and move from Omaha, NE to Houston, TX

01/30/2019

Our experience with MiniMoves was an absolute nightmare. The inidividuals MiniMoves contracted to pickup our move were clearly intoxvated upon arrival. They asked if we had any beer and I’m pretty certain they were sniffing illicit substances in the moving truck. When our items arrived I immediately found a floor length mirror shattered and a family heirloom chair broken into dozens of pieces. It almost seemed they were destroyed on purpose the level of damage was so significant. When we finally moved our items from storage into our new home last month, I also discovered our couch was broken as well. So naturally I contacted MiniMoves as I had paid over $1000 for insurance. Guess what? MiniMoves refuses to honor the insurance and we are left with a broken couch and a destroyed family heirloom. MiniMoves failed in every aspect of moving our home. Stay away from this company.

Description of Work
Cross Country Move

01/22/2019

I’ve made five previous cross country moves, so you’d think I’d know what I was doing, right? Ah, but that was before I met MiniMoves. I made the MONUMENTAL mistake of hiring them for my sixth (and hands down, worst) move. Some of it is my own fault. So I want to make clear what they don’t: MiniMoves CHARGES BY NUMBER OF ITEMS NOT WEIGHT, AS MOST OTHER LONG DISTANCE MOVERS DO. Please be VERY aware of this. I was rushing, I signed everything, seeing what I wanted to see...that they were the same as everyone else (they proudly claim that they have “no minimum weight requirement” for their moves. Right, because they don’t charge by weight). What did that mean to me? I had a solid quote from a national moving company, $3,800, came to my home and looked at everything. Included 100% reimbursement for damaged items. Probably would have been about $4,000 when I added in a small sofa I have. This was in line with what I’ve paid in the past, made sense. But the local affiliate’s reviews online were awful. I had a higher quote from MiniMoves, but since the Minimoves quote was done by phone (which EVERY article about long-distance moves says NOT to do by the way), I figured the weight would be closer to the other estimate even out the pricing. Oh wait, Minimoves doesn’t charge like other long distance movers. At the point I was looking their reviews looked good---since the first of the year I’ve seen a decidedly downward trend. Too late to help me unfortunately. So what did I pay for MiniMoves to move my two bedroom condo from Colorado to Massachusetts? SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS. That’s right $6,000, when I could have paid $4,000. For a TWO BEDROOM CONDO. I don’t have that much stuff. And that included the mandatory bare-minimum insurance. Did I pay for better service? God no, the service was horrible. No proactive communication whatsoever. It took just over two weeks for my stuff to get here. I had to call and e-mail multiple times to find out what was going on before and after pick up. They’re all very pleasant mind you, they’re just not great at actually getting things done. Did I pay to make sure everything got here in one piece? Nope. Sofa has one corner that is filthy and torn, and it’s missing a leg. Leather recliner has one leg off, they just wrapped that up with the chair. One-year-old small sleeper from IKEA is filthy, and the back is all warped. Boxes are crushed. Dining room cabinet has two scratched legs. MiniMoves uses local movers to load and unload. No earthly idea what happened to it in between. Even the local movers were horrified by what they saw when they were delivering to me. So bottomline please, PLEASE think twice before using this company. If you hate all your stuff and secretly want a reason to get rid of it...and you want to pay a 50% premium to have it ruined, then by all means, use MiniMoves. But if not...you might want to look at other options.

Description of Work
Long-distance move from CO to MA

08/23/2018

I requested a quote for a small move from Tuckerton, NJ to Boston, MA. A reasonable, written quote was provided. I finalized the items list a made a change in the number of boxes. Upon calling to finalize and provide down-payment as they requested (9 days later), I was told that my area could not be serviced and the move could not be done. I can appreciate that the company does not service every area in the country, but they should have known that with my first inquiry and should not have provided a written quote. I lost 9 days to find a small shipment mover. I'm sure they provide good service and Steve was very professional, but my inquiry was a disappointment.

Description of Work
Needed a small move from 08008 (NJ) to 02110 (MA)

08/22/2018

Very satisfied with the services from Mini Moves. The only complaint I have is that a few of my boxes were mangled upon delivery and the tv box was upside down in the delivery truck when the box clearly stated “this side up”.

Description of Work
Moving from IN to FL

08/19/2018

There was a window of time in Chicago for the service elevator and they showed up exactly when they were told to come. I was not told an exact date it would be delivered in Cleveland, but I was not in any rush for the furniture so it didn't matter. I got a call for the delivery a week sooner that I thought it would be. The movers were very professional, helpful and very nice in Chicago and Cleveland. I would recommend this company to anyone needing to move furniture

Description of Work
pick up bedroom furniture in an apt. in Chicago and move it to a house in Cleveland

08/10/2018

It went very well. Mini-moves actually used a local mover that I had contacted but was unable to get them to do the move for a reasonable price. The items were picked up on time. My chair was wrapped in protective plastic wrap. They could not promise a specific delivery date at the time of pick-up and when they emailed me a date it did not work for me. However, there was no problem changing the date to one that worked. They placed the chair in my house exactly where I wanted it and removed and took away the protective plastic wrap. They stacked the boxes exactly where I wanted them to do so.

Description of Work
I needed to move about 30 boxes of books and an easy chair from my deceased father's apartment to my home about 250 miles away. I was unable to find someone to do this by calling national and local moving companies. The job was either too small for them to do or the cost was exorbitant. I found Mini-Moves and they easily arranged for the move for a reasonable price.

07/11/2018

Everything arrived on time and in good condition.

Description of Work
Small move from California to Texas

Category moving companies

State to state moves, local moves within Illinois. Full service moves; one piece to an apartment full. Packing, crating, storage, antiques, auto moving. International relocations, apartment & home, corporate transfers, logistics and military moves.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express