Nancy Perlman

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2008

Since 2001, Nancy has been a Full-Time, Full-Service Realtor, serving Chicago Downtown, North and Northwest sides in addition to numerous nearby suburbs. Nancy believes that a successful career in the business is built on relationships, not transactions, and is committed to providing an “Exceptional Client Experience” through the ethical practice of Real Estate. YTD in 2019, Nancy's properties have been selling within an average of 6 days and at an average of 104% of List Price. She credits her impressive statistics to her utilization of 2 specific strategies: first, top-notch visual presentation through Staging and high-tech professional photography; and second, a specialized and effective Target Marketing approach. Her numbers speak for themselves and her awards and dozens of reviews from happy clients can be found on Angies List, Yelp and Google. For more information on how this target marketing approach works and to find out how you may be able to get more from the sale of your home, contact Nancy Perlman at Keller Williams Chicago O’Hare by calling 815-603-9242 or email nperlmanrealtor@gmail.com. Sellers can also message her here to receive her "ULTIMATE 57-POINT MARKETING PLAN" and a FREE copy of "The 90 Things You Can't Afford To Neglect When Selling Your Home"....

A Service Provider's profile image

+6 more images

real estate agent (83)

04/13/2022

David L.

Nancy is an amazing real estate agent!! She knows her business inside and out, she was always available for us. If it weren’t for her we would have given up. She worked very hard to get us into a beautiful home. We will definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a new home.

Description of Work
We were looking for a home

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

10/12/2021

Jane H.

Without question she was astounding.

Description of Work
I used Angies List to find a Realtor in the Chicago area. I had to sell the family home under great stress due to the sudden death of a family member. I read the raving reviews of Nancy and all of them turned out to be true. She anticipated all of my needs during this terrible time. Her link with the staging company run by Julene Schmeisser was invaluable. Nancy will work very hard for you.

Work Completed On 10/12/2021

09/20/2021

Maya S.

Working with Nancy was wonderful. She was reassuring, wise, strategic and supportive during our adventure of buying a condo during an *extremely* competitive time in the housing market. She supported us in finding the perfect home, even helping us envision how we could remodel it to make it exactly what we wanted. She helped us put together an offer that got us the place! And afterward, she helped us figure out remodeling and prepare our old place for the market. She always checked in and was genuinely caring, interested, and excited for us every step of the way!!! I don't know how we possibly could've gone through this process without Nancy. We love our home and have her to thank for it.

Description of Work
Nancy helped us buy our new condo and is helping us sell our old one

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

08/31/2021

Daniel K.

Nancy was extremely helpful with my search for a home, throughout a period of time we searched apartments and individual homes until I was satisfied my purchase. Someone I would highly recommend

Description of Work
Purchased of a home

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

10/01/2020

Shane A.

Nancy did a fantastic job. She was responsive, friendly, hardworking, professional, and helped us find the right home for our price range. In fact, she alerted us to a potential home that was not on our list, but was a perfect fit for our family. Both practical and personal, she balanced the realities of price and location with our preferences and tastes. During the negotiations, she offered some wise suggestions that allowed us to secure a contract on better terms than we had originally thought possible. If we ever need to move around the Chicago area, I know exactly which realtor I'll be using.

Description of Work
Realtor: home purchase

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

09/30/2020

Liz A.

My experience with realtor Nancy Perlman was beyond my expectations! She was wonderfully upbeat and friendly, while maintaining a very professional, realistic and honest approach in setting expectations and providing guidance for the sale of my building. Nancy shared her extensive knowledge of the Chicago area real estate market which helped me with a better understanding of what to expect when I listed my property. With frequent updates, market research and articles, as well as meetings and phone conversations, she made the process of selling my property very straightforward and manageable. She was always quick to respond to my questions and empathetic to my concerns. I would recommend Nancy Perlman as the partner you need by your side for your real estate needs.

Description of Work
Selling a property

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

08/31/2020

Joan K.

Nancy was the perfect mix of professional and friendly. I worried that since we weren't looking for a million dollar condo, but something affordable for my son and his family, that she might not give us the time or energy that she would for other clients. Well, that wasn't an issue. She was wonderful. We found the perfect place! Also, we are out of town buyers so a process that could have been quiet difficult was made easy and pain free by Nancy. She's fabulous

Description of Work
Finding a condo in Chicago

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

05/26/2020

Lauren M.

Nancy is extremely competent and responsive. She's also well-connected to other professionals you're likely to need when buying or selling (e.g., attorney, renovation contractor). We used her earlier this year when we bought a house in the suburbs, and shortly thereafter put our city condo on the market. We're repeat customers -- which should tell you somethings -- and not disappointed by the outcome either time. She gave great advice on getting our condo ready to sell, her instincts on negotiating our purchase were dead on, and she pushed the right buttons to ensure that our closing went through despite the pandemic. You won't be disappointed if you work with her!

Description of Work
Buy house / sell condo

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

04/27/2020

Marian Z.

Nancy is phenomenal. She knows her stuff. We listened to all of her advice and do not regret it. We got a full price offer the first day our condo was on the market, and sold during this pandemic. She is experienced, professional, and very honest. Follow her lead and you can't go wrong.

Description of Work
Sell our home

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

04/26/2020

Larry and Mary Beth L.

Nancy Perlman is our real estate angel. We were living in Pennsylvania but anticipating an eventual move to Chicago to be near our son’s family. About July we became serious and contacted Nancy who really did her homework. We knew of her work through our son for whom she had been realtor on two of his properties. She organized our house hunting as though it were a military campaign, helping us think through the challenges of living near our son although his area tended to be high-priced. She arranged for us to receive electronic listings as potential condos came on the market, kept in touch through emails and phone calls, and put us in touch with a very helpful mortgage company. Her team included the loan officer and an attorney. Several times in the summer we visited our son’s family here (our two granddaughters were the big draw, of course), and on each visit Nancy had set up viewings of properties: one time we were on the road with her two days in a row. Maps and descriptions were on clipboards and we travelled extensively in the area. Then we found the place, in the right location and at a reasonable price. Another visit to Chicago, and then Nancy really had to work hard for us. The seller was rather challenging, wanting to increase the price, and for weeks did not give us access to even see the unit. A tenant was slow to vacate, so the showing had been delayed. But though this, Nancy showed remarkable patience and stellar diplomatic skills, preserving the price and gaining the respect of the seller. She is an insightful listener and deploys formidable intellectual skills in each conversation. Although we had to be back in Pennsylvania in November to complete the sale of our house there, Nancy arranged for a video call walk-though when the inspector examined our Chicago condo. The closing was in mid-December, and we are happy to be home in Chicago! Nancy has continued to provide suggestions as we pursue some minor renovations, and continues to be in contact, not just a realtor but now a friend.

Description of Work
Purchase of a Condo in Chicago

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

03/23/2020

Patty G.

Nancy was highly recommended to us by a friend: she went above and beyond in helping sell our home in record time. Her years of experience proved invaluable in pricing and prepping our home for sale: she really knows the market. She had wonderful resources for each and every repair we needed to tackle in getting our home ready, even decorative items to loan us for the final staging process. We highly recommend her to anyone looking to sell!

Description of Work
Nancy sold our family home for us and was fantastic.

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

12/19/2019

Roger Van Z.

We used the services of Nancy Perlman in selling our condo in the South Loop in late 2019. We cannot say enough about the high quality of her services. We had worked with her twice previously to find tenants for the condo when we left the area and wanted to rent it out. She did a fantastic job of finding excellent tenants and handling all the logistics in closing the deals and completing the necessary paperwork. When it came time to sell, we didn’t even look around for an agent. We called Nancy immediately and, if anything, she had only gotten better in the intervening years. At our initial meeting, she came prepared with a proposed sales plan which we found to be comprehensive and very well thought out. Prior to the listing of the condo, she provided us with great advice on how to prepare the unit for listing and put us in touch with two contractors to handle the work suggested. Each did an excellent job at a very reasonable price. Subsequently her physical and virtual staging of the unit made for a very appealing listing and effective showings. Despite it being a slow time in the Chicago real estate market, we received two offers the first week of the listing. Both were lower than we were ready to accept, but she continued working with the potential buyers until we received what we considered a good price and good terms. She then shepherded the deal to closing which occurred just as planned and without any stumbling blocks along the way. In summary, we would say she managed the process from start to finish with great effectiveness and efficiency. Along he way, she provided us sound guidance and very useful and creative suggestions for our consideration. Her focus was always on our best interests, even when on a couple occasions the alternative she suggested (and we implemented) would result in a lower commission for her than the approach we had been considering. Our only disappointment is that we now live hundreds of miles away from Chicago and will not be able to have her handle any of our future real estate transactions. We would recommend her to anyone who has need of a real estate professional.

Description of Work
Sale of Condo

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

09/04/2019

Tiffany H.

If you want the best, then Nancy is a must! Nancy helped me sell my condo in West loop/UIC within days! She is not only an amazing person but her knowledge and skill of the real estate market is top notch. She's extremely informative and creative and will go above and beyond to ensure that you are aware of all aspects of the process and next steps. So if you're looking to buy or sell a home, contact Nancy!!

Description of Work
Sale of my Condo

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

08/05/2019

Mark P.

We saw Nancy's reviews and her descriptions of the services she provides clients and contacted her. She responded immediately, we agreed on a price, and Nancy soon listed the house on multiple platforms. Once the house went on the market, there were multiple showings, and we soon received a full-price offer. The sale came off without a hitch. We are grateful for Nancy's outstanding and timely assistance.

Description of Work
We needed to sell a house which we had previously occupied for many years.

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

07/01/2019

Evy B.

After viewing several reviews and meeting with several agents, my husband and I decided to work with Nancy. Nancy brought a level of professionalism that went above and beyond my expectations. I was moving to another state and was selling a condo where I raised my daughter. This wasn’t a condo. This was my home. Nancy was so kind and thoughtful with my feelings and supported me with kind words to make this life changing event less painful. That was on a personal level...on the professional level...She explained the process and was knowledgeable about the surrounding market. Nancy explained the process from taking photos to closing. There wasn’t a question she could not answer, and I asked a lot of question to learn about the process. My husband, an attorney and very patient with me, stated after our initial meeting, “Nancy knows the nuances of real estate!” That is a huge compliment coming from him. Nancy was responsive and even helped me add some finishing touches to make my home more inviting by suggesting and bringing some staging accents. I have and will continue to recommend Nancy to anyone who is ready to sell their Home.

Description of Work
Selling home

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Review for Nancy Perlman - 7240 W Devon Ave, Chicago, IL - 37959681

06/10/2019

Scott A.

Superb. Nancy is a top of line realtor! My wife and I had a lot of restrictions in our home search and Nancy went above and beyond our expectations. She is extremely knowledgeable about the market, is great at tracking down information, is quick to return phone calls and texts, and has a wonderful personality. Nancy is also extremely patient with her clients and wants nothing but the best for her clients. We highly recommend Nancy!

Description of Work
Buying a house

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

06/03/2019

Mona K.

Nancy’s knowledge of the appraisal process was invaluable in pricing and ultimately selling our condo for 10K above list, and 32.5K more than the unit directly below ours closed for a little over a year earlier. Nancy did a lot of work for us even before we decided to go with her, researching, getting comps and talking to an appraiser about how to best price our unit. We interviewed about 15 realtors by phone, 4 in person, but Nancy stood out from the start. She talked more thoroughly about selling and marketing our condo than any of the others and had statistics to back up what she said. Our condo was staged beautifully, both in person and virtually, and the photography was gorgeous. We were considered a “Hot Property” on one real estate site, had 12 showings in 3 days, and had 4 offers, 3 above list. Most importantly, we felt that Nancy was working in our best interest and not just out for a commission as was our previous agent.

Description of Work
Sold our condo

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

04/25/2019

JENNIFER C.

Although my mom decided to delay her move, I was so impressed with Nancy's assistance and follow up and all the help she offered. From the start she asked the right questions to help us understand what we were looking for (when we didn't know ourselves!) and brought compassion and clarity to a stressful and overwhelming situation. She is a realtor with knowledge, focus and the commitment to follow through and topped it off with a dose of calm and encouragement. She is such a responsive, hard-working professional and I highly recommend her to others!

Description of Work
Helping my out-of-state mom look for housing in the Chicago area.

Work Completed On 03/07/2019

04/15/2019

Mark B.

We selected Nancy after interviewing another local agent that came highly recommended. Nancy did not disappoint. She was extremely responsive and accessible via phone, email, text and in-person. She gave us great advice, which we followed to the letter, and skillfully navigated 11 different offers for my parent house. She was with us every step of the way from the initial onsite visit to being there at closing. If you are looking for a real estate professional, and I stress the word PROFESSIONAL, I highly recommend Nancy.

Description of Work
Nancy was the sellers agent for my parents house

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

02/11/2019

Doris M.

Nancy was professional and efficient. Listened to my situation and made selling the property a breeze. I felt very fortunate to have found her and would recommend her to anyone wishing to buy or sell in the area.

Description of Work
sell real estate

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

02/11/2019

Brenda S.

Nancy is a fantastic realtor! We were so thankful that a friend recommended her to us and that we were able to work with her to sell our condo. She was wonderful about communicating with us and keeping us up to date on the whole process. She is very knowledgeable, capable and thorough. Her experience with the market in Chicago helped us to be confident that we were doing all we could do to sell our property. She was able to connect us with other service providers we needed to get our condo sale- ready. We were selling from out of town and she definitely went above and beyond to help our whole process run smoothly. Each time we had a question she got back to us quickly and made suggestions to keep the ball rolling. The process was daunting to us at first, but with Nancy's help we were able to sell our condo at a very good price! I can not recommend her highly enough!!

Description of Work
Sell our condo

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

09/20/2018

PAULA K.

We used Nancy to help us sell our Chicago home after my husband took a job in another part of the country. We’d never sold a home before and wanted an experienced agent to help us. Nancy was well prepared for our initial meeting, and quickly gained our confidence with her straightforward responses to questions. She offered excellent suggestions for improvements to increase our home’s appeal, while being mindful of our budget. Nancy connected us with a home remodeling company whose work transformed our house and deck. Because my husband and I were living in different states when we decided to sell, it took many months after my initial meeting with Nancy before we were prepared to list. Nancy remained patient with our process and encouraging throughout. Nancy did a great job marketing our home, arranging for professional photos and flyers. She's very knowledgeable about home staging, and also has a “store” of decorative items that she generously shares with her clients for this purpose. Nancy had done a careful analysis before pricing our home, resulting in multiple offers following our Open House. She was thorough in explaining the pros and cons of the offers we received, helping us to make an informed decision. Nancy came to our home for the appraisal, and provided the appraiser with documentation supporting our list price. Her communication was excellent throughout the entire six months we worked with her, including during the nerve-wracking attorney review and inspection period. Nancy stayed in frequent contact, and responded promptly to calls/texts/emails. When our initial contract fell through after a buyer got cold feet, Nancy was upbeat and reassuring. Her optimism is contagious! Not long after that our home was again under contract, and sold in August 2018. Nancy has excellent interpersonal skills and knows how to quickly establish rapport. This is a critical skill that benefits her clients as she interacts with so many different folks on their behalf. She’s a genuinely nice person and a pleasure to be around. Nancy’s clients also gain from the great team of professionals that work with her and her clients. We highly recommend Nancy as a real pro, and we’d hire her again in a heartbeat! We’ll be house-hunting in another state and wish we could clone her. Thank you Nancy for all your hard work on our behalf! Paula & Glenn Krell

Description of Work
A real estate professional to help us sell our home

Work Completed On 09/20/2018