Midwest Remodel And Handyman

C113592
Iowa Workforce Development Contractor Registration
State of Iowa
05/20/2020

Small outfit completing projects on time and budget with meticulous craftsmanship and time-tested materials, done right the first time to save you money and me the embarrassment of a call-back....

DSM Kitchen Guy

With over 30 years of remodeling experience in the Des Moines Area I have seen it all or done it all. This experience helps me to know the full extent of the remodeling process. This knowledge enables me to put together a complete and detailed estimate so there won’t be any surprises. I work on the job doing much of the install and actively oversee the licensed contractors daily. I know the importance of protecting your home during the project. You can trust your new dream kitchen to Rich Larsen Remodeling, the Des Moines kitchen remodeling expert. Make sure to check out our Testimonials by visiting our website!

KMS Construction

Is there a remodeling project that you've always wanted to do in your home, but haven't found the right construction company? Look no further than KMS Construction in Des Moines, IA for professional construction services. From deck installations to full kitchen remodels, no job is too small for our team of experts.

Pressure Point Cleaners

We clean siding, roofs, gutters, decks, fences, concrete, stone pavers, and windows. We are glad to offer free, no obligation price quotes. We are certified by the United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners and the Roof Cleaning Institute of America.

09/10/2021

Brian W.

It went great. Was very professional and courteous. Would hire him again.

Description of Work
Pocket door repaired and placed back into service

Category doors

01/12/2021

Rod S.

Where do I even begin telling you about Tony and the wonderful work he does, the attention to detail, the cleanliness, the "going beyond the call" mentality? We had a water mark showing up on our family room ceiling that was gradually getting bigger and darker. With two bathrooms on the second floor right above the damage we were pretty sure what the problem was. We really didn't know of any contractors that would do this "small" of a job so I went searching. Stumbled across Midwest Remodel and Handyman in my search, saw some good reviews and that's when we were fortunate enough to have met Tony! He came right out and assessed the damage and within a day gave me a fair quote and an estimate of when he would be able to do the work. Hired!!! Then, before he even started this job for us, my mailbox post decided to crap out on us and was almost leaning in to the street. I called Tony just to see if by chance he could fix it for me. Again...he came right out and took care of the problem for me! Unbelievable! When the time came to actually do the work I initially hired him for, he was prompt, diligent, efficient, he cleans up after himself literally every day before he leaves, and I have to say that watching Tony and his helper Brandon work together is entertaining, to say the least! What a couple of great guys with a great sense of humor! And when all was said and done, he stuck to his quote, no overcharging and the work was impeccable. But here is a testimony to the true character of these guys...in the midst of all the repair work going on, my wife had a medical emergency. I had to go pick her up from work and leave her car in the parking lot where she left it as she was unable to drive. On day two of her hospitalization, these guys offered to take me to go get my wife's car so it didn't have to sit in the parking lot any longer. They did not have to do that but that's the kind of guys they are and I was incredibly grateful! Class act all the way! Best of all, we now have someone that we can trust and rely on to do things around the house for us that we just don't have the talent or skills to do ourselves! What a relief!!! We already have more things for him to do! This guy is so good, it didn't take long for our neighbors to catch on...he's doing work for them now too!

Description of Work
Ceiling damage repair from leaky upstairs plumbing; plumbing repair; interior painting; re-seat a rocking, leaking toilet on a tile floor; repair and reroute a water line to a 125 gal aquarium (made it more "senior friendly"); mailbox repair;

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

11/22/2020

Shankar R.

Very well. He did a very good job. We are happy.

Description of Work
three ceiling fans replaced

Category handyman service,ceiling fans

10/15/2020

Mary W.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to make sure I did a thorough review. I got caught in the derecho that slammed Iowa in August 2020. A tree crashed down onto my mobile home and did extensive damage to the roof, gutter, siding and skirting. As an old lady who lives alone, I had no one to call and didn't know where to start to get my home livable again. I count myself extremely lucky to have gotten Tony of Midwest Remodel and Handyman to answer my request for help. He did an outstanding job! Because it was going to be a couple of weeks before he could begin and we had several days of rain forecasted, he came out right away and put a tarp on the roof. I had escaped water damage inside from the derecho, but was glad he took the time to put on the tarp so I didn't have to worry about new seepage. When he was able to focus on my home, he repaired the substructure of the roof and replaced the damaged shingles. He cut off the damaged part of the gutter and spliced in a new section so you can't even see the seam. He replaced the damaged siding and skirting, and again, took the time to make sure everything matched and looked nice. He did such an excellent job repairing the derecho damage, I hired him to fix a multitude of other things. I had a bathtub that couldn't be used because the faucet leaked. It didn't have typical gaskets, but he drove around to a couple of places and found the correct piece needed to fix it. He fixed a sliding closet door that wouldn't stay on the tracks, put down carpet transition strips so the carpet wouldn't pull up between the hallway and bedrooms, and even helped hang a couple of pictures that were too heavy for me to do alone. He adjusted the pneumatic cylinder on the storm door so it wouldn't knock me on my keister again when it slammed shut. He also replaced part of the front deck where the boards were rotting a bit. As a side note, his quote on the derecho repairs matched closely with the insurance adjustor, so I knew I wasn't getting ripped off. He's a super nice guy who was able to handle whatever I asked him to do, and I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
structural damage to outside of mobile home; handyman work inside

Category decks,handyman service,roofing,siding,doors

Jeepers, [Member Name Removed]! Thanks a bunch for your time to do the review; I so appreciate it. Your loose definition of "old" made me laugh.

10/10/2020

Tim M.

Did excellent work and left me in a better place than I started - no more leaks! Substandard work had been done on the roof prior to buying the house, they found everything wrong and fixed it how it should have been.

Description of Work
Roof repairs.

Category handyman service,roofing,siding,garage builders

03/19/2020

Dawn R.

He best contracted I have had in 15 years . He very detailed . There was a problem with existing pipe, he was not working . He told me about it and fix it . He does very good work and he does not try to take short cuts . I will be doing more house improvements and he will first one I will call.

Description of Work
All the plumbing for the toilet , putting the toilet in and fixing the shower

Category contractors

07/30/2019

J P.

Great! Contractor gathered the materials needed & applied them as specified/estimated.

Description of Work
Install ceiling fans, ceramic tile, painting, deck remodel, exhaust fan rerouting in attic,

Category contractors,ceramic tile,decks,handyman service,ceiling fans,interior painters

05/06/2019

Douglas S.

Tony was awesome. Called first thing in the morning and was able to come right over. Much appreciated very courteous and professional. Give this guy your business.

Description of Work
Sliding patio door off tracks

Category contractors

12/31/2018

Cynthia H.

Made the appointment. No call/no show.

Description of Work
Tile and electrical

Category ceramic tile

02/24/2018

Gary J.

The doors function as intended. Job well done.

Description of Work
Realigned 3 exterior doors that were difficult to close and/or lock.

Category contractors,handyman service,doors

Midwest Remodel And Handyman

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2014

PO BOX 42492

Urbandale, IA 50323

Repairs, Renovations, Revitalizations, Remodeling, and Handyman projects, Honesty, Meticulousness, Humor

brain surgery, parachute packing, hairstyling, deep sea rescue, taxidermy, cobbling, sock darning, tire retreading, exorcisms, super big mess making

Check, Financing Available