Southeast Van Lines, Inc.

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2012

HHG#501299
GA
Georgia Dept of Public Safety
12/31/2021

6095 Northbelt Dr

Norcross, GA 30071

Southeast Van Lines is fully licensed and insured. Our Atlanta moving crews consists of fully trained professionals who have been educated on the proper execution of modern moving techniques that will assure the items they handle are transported with the utmost care. We have the experience and equipment to make your move in Atlanta or the surrounding areas a success. Southeast Van Lines offers local, commercial, long distance & International moves to and from Atlanta and any other city in the United States. We are also happy to provide your storage needs in Atlanta. The Southeast owners have over 25 years experience of successfully handling our clients relocation needs. Please feel free to contact us and one of our moving consultants will be glad to assist you....

4.4

4.4

4.3

movers (45)storage unit (4)piano movers (3)

12/27/2020

Tori A.

Amazing. Eli and his crew were the best. So efficient, kind and considerate. Least stressful move ever.

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]!! We here at SEVL pride ourselves in our efficient and friendly relocation teams. We appreciate your review, and if we can be of any further assistance please let us know. Thanks again for choosing SEVL for your relocation needs. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

12/24/2020

Jodi M.

This company was awesome!! They showed up with 4 people who were pleasant, hard working, and never complained. We thought we had packed up everything before they got there and it would be an easy move... but we forgot so many things!!!! They didn’t miss a beat. Jumped in, grabbed boxes, wrapped pictures, all with a smile. We had 16 years worth of things! Can’t say enough about the wonderful job those guys did!! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moved houses

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]! We here at SEVL pride ourselves in our efficient and friendly relocation teams. We appreciate your review, and if we can be of any further assistance please let us know. Thanks again for choosing SEVL for your relocation needs. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

10/23/2020

MIGUEL E.

It was the most unprofessional move we have had, and we have move 18 times in 3 countries. The things offered by Benjamin David are FALSE. They do not follow the contract. If people think that they will fulfill your expectations, sorry they won't!. They present to you a very professional truck picture, and they send to your house a trailer pulled by a Ford 150 or like vehicle. Not even the trailer is marked Southeast van lines. The trailer was not big enough for the household goods, therefore they sent the remaining goods one week after. The driver was a very rude person and at delivery time they asked for $450 extra, or he was stopping the delivery. We had to give the money because the stress of the move was high enough by that time. We packed all things at home , except the furniture. The Southeast van lines people wrap the furniture the day of the move, and 90% of the pieces of furniture that they wrapped arrived, dented, scratches or broken. Benjamin David said to us from the beginning: do not pay for insurance, if something happen, we will reimburse you. FALSE!. We requested that a professional company should look at the damaged furniture. It never happen, Southeast Van Lines hired a "third party company" named MOVING CLAIMS [another company full of clowns] to evaluate the damages, and after 120 days, and dozens of pictures sent, etc, that third party company suggested to Southeast Van Lines to pay us $50.00 YES FIFTY DOLLARS, to cover the damages. We will never accept that ridiculous offer. If any person is looking for moving and hiring Southeast Van Lines, you should never hire them. We feel that we wasted our money, our patience and the confidence that we had in that funny, mock up, unprofessional entity named Southeast Van Lines. We rated "F" but it won't have merits even for an "F".

Description of Work
Moving from Canton GA to Dallas TX

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Review for Southeast Van Lines, Inc. - 6095 Northbelt Dr, Norcross, GA - 38973714

My Name is Benjamin David and I proudly represent Southeast Van Lines. Here are a few details about this specific move which were not honestly described in this review: 1. The reason for a smaller truck and not our tractor trailer was because the customer indicated no access and parking for a big rig as the destination was not a house but an apartment, So in coordination with the customer for the purpose of saving him money we sent the shuttle truck all the way to Texas. It wasn't fair for him to list that as an example of unprofessionalism. 2. 12 boxes were left behind. That's it, 12 boxes. They got there a few days after with no issues. 3.Southeast Van Lines sent a rep to the customer's house, devised a game plan in coordination with the customer, showed up on the day promised, did everything promised and for the exact price promised(the $450 excessive carry fee was also coordinated upfront) and delivered on the day promised. 4. The customer was NEVER EVER told not to buy coverage. This is a total "manipulation of the truth" to put mildly. He was given-like all customers- an option to purchase full replacement coverage but he was so budget concern and he packed all his stuff himself, so I told him that's were he can save if he can get his home owners policy as some people can do and the only thing I told him we will cover is if he has a small claim of lets say a couple of hundred dollars we will not even process a claim and just cover it-that offer always stands. By the way, the majority of the damage shown in the pictures was pre-existing. Last, all customers are offered a full replacement coverage as an option. You can't avoid buying Insurance and than file an Insurance claim expecting a serious compensation. We cause damage very very few times and we have the record to show it. We don't have a problem taking responsibility and we try to help everyone as best as we can, we just ask people to be reasonable. Thank you very much.

08/17/2020

L W.

Do not use this company. Ben came to home in mask weeks ago to give estimate. On day of move, 4 movers showed up. 3 had no masks on nor in truck. Lead guy Oliver had mask that kept falling off. I asked about adhering to safety during covid-19 but they repeatedly said they don't wear masks while working. Oliver called Ben who told me that I don't get to tell his people how to work and if I didn't like it, he would cancel job. I accepted. Called 3 other companies who assured me their movers are masked and gloved during in house move. Will be using them. Ben and his team are rude and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Residential move

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

My name is Benjamin David and I am the one who visited the house. I also spoke with Ms. [Member Name Removed] on the phone today. What happened today is not what is described in this review. I explained to the customer that we wear masks during the morning walk through and work description by the customer to the crew. Once the crew is performing heavy lifting and strong physical effort they do not wear the masks as it is very difficult to breath. The customer actually agreed to that, but demanded the crew stay quiet and not say a word during the time they spend at her house. If they needed to speak, even while doing heavy lifting, they need to wear a mask. I found that to be both ridiculous, and insulting to my crew. My guys are clean, healthy, and if someone has a problem with my guys talking in their home, then thank you very much you can move with another company. I gave the customer the option to let us do the work, or I can send the guys away. The customer preferred to cancel the reservation. That is what happened here today.

08/02/2020

Jerri G.

Guys were good (except they forgot a closet which necessitated extra time). Very helpful guys. However, I was quite shocked that the price was almost double the estimate. I really didn't think that was legal. If the estimate had been was it turned out to be I would have considered other movers.

Description of Work
Moving from apt to townhome

Work Completed On 07/04/2020

We are very sorry that you feel that way [Member Name Removed]. As you see from our other reviews, a happy customer is a very high priority here at SEVL. Thank you for the comment regarding our helpful guys, we are very proud of our teams here at SEVL. We also want to thank you for your high rating on the report card that you filled out with your paperwork. We had quoted you over the phone on our minimum job, which is 1 26’ box truck and 3 workers for $199.00 / hour with a 3 hour minimum. Two hours labor, one hour travel time. After the minimum, the hourly rate is charged and billed in 30 minute increments. That is gone over during the initial phone call (which is recorded), as well as it is on quote we had emailed you and the one that you e-signed states “The total cost is based on an hourly rate”, it further states that “This is an estimate only”. We quoted you an hourly rate, not a final price. We had arrived at 8:30, and finished at 12:00PM with no problems, or damages. This is the importance of having an in-home, or virtual appointment. Those appointments produce a binding quote that is firm vs. the hourly non binding quote since it is just an estimate. We wish you would have reached out to us so that we can have gone over things in detail. Given this information, and the fact that you gave the highest marks on the report card you filled out after the job was completed, we feel that an overall score of a D is unfair. It is also unfair to imply that we did something illegal.

11/15/2019

Wally & Barbara P.

It was an excellent move. We are former military and have been through multiple moves. This was as good as can be. We were given a firm and fair estimate which alleviated some of the concern about surprises at the final destination. The crew is professional and very kind and respectful. I recommend this company without reservation.

Description of Work
Southeast Van Lines moved us from our home in Georgia to our new home in North Carolina.

Category moving companies,piano moving

Work Completed On 10/26/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for the very kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working for you and we are so happy to hear that mission was accomplished. On behalf of the crew at Southeast Van Lines(both field and office) I would like to say Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity. Best wishes and good luck at your new home. Benjamin David, and the entire SEVL crew.

09/26/2019

Jeffrey H.

I'm so happy I went with Southeast, and I'm real pleased with the excellent job they did. I moved from one house to another, no more than five blocks away. Benjamin came out to do the initial inspection and came back with a very competitive quote. On moving day, a full team showed up, all friendly and ready to work. They wrapped and moved everything very carefully, and even though I had a packed house-full of belongings, they were done delivering everything while there was still sun in the sky! When I saw things that needed to go into another room in the new house, they did so happily and quickly. All I provided was water, snacks, and well-deserved tips for everyone at the end of the day. I'd recommend Southeast to anyone, any time.

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out this review. We really appreciate hearing from our customers on how each team with SEVL performed. You were a pleasure to work with and if we can assist you at all in the future please let us know. Best wishes in your new home!!

06/11/2019

Walter A.

We needed to move 31 years of furniture, yard tools, riding mower and other accumulation from GA to KY. We received a firm quote from day one and had frequent communication with Ronka and Ben regarding what to expect and how the project would be handled. We lived on a sharp curve, steep driveway on a very busy road. Eli and his team had to load a smaller truck, go around the corner and unload to a larger truck...multiple times. All the while, being polite, having good work ethic and never getting testy or complaining. At the new house, the driveway was freshly poured so it could not be driven on or parked on. The yard hadn't been sodded either. Four large trucks had to be unloaded and the weather didn't cooperate. There was a deluge of rain. The mud was horrible. The guys tried to keep everything from getting soiled and I know I couldn't have done as well. In all of these challenges we only had a single item broken, for which we were quickly reimbursed. We got a number of quotes for cheaper moves, but the reviews were suspiciously written and probably fake. ONLY go with a mover who gives a firm quote and will stand by their work. I hope to never need to move again, but would recommend Southeast Van Lines to anyone. So pleased! A great team!

Description of Work
Interstate Move

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

05/03/2019

Andrew J.

Showed up on time, finished early and under budget. Crew were very nice and efficient. No damage to items and they helped with break down and install of large furniture items. A+ all the way. Highly recommend for intown move.

Description of Work
Intown Moving

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review [Member Name Removed]! We here at SEVL pride ourselves in our efficient and friendly relocation teams. We appreciate your review, and if we can be of any further assistance please let us know. Thanks again for choosing SEVL for your relocation needs.

12/28/2018

Krisann S.

I used Southeast Van Lines to move from GA to OK. When the truck was packed in GA, the guys did a great job. I was packed on a Wednesday and expected the truck to arrive in OK Saturday. It arrived 10pm Saturday night after I was told it would arrive between 5 & 7pm. When the driver did arrive, I heard just a bunch of excuses about traffic etc.... As soon as he walked into my new home, he was asking for a 'good review'. When you arrive at 10pm with an attitude, your chances of a good review are rather slim. Kenneth continued to be very rude and just throw boxes anywhere and everywhere. He refused to put furniture together and finish the move like he should. I have never been treated so rudely by someone who was still unloading the truck at 2am. When unwrapping my mattress, he cut through the wrap and cut the mattress itself. He borrowed my step ladder putting boxes on high shelves, never returning the ladder. I then had boxes I could not reach to unpack until I bought another ladder. He left in a huff and pretty much just walked out. I would never use this company again or recommend them for any kind of move. There was no professionalism or knowledge of how a move should be handled or organized. He obviously didn't know how to drive the truck or unload it like a professional moving company would.

Description of Work
Out of state move

Work Completed On 12/01/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed]. We're very sorry to hear the delivery crew did such a bad job. Why didn't you contact us to let us know? We have a claims department and we always try to make it right in a very genuine way. Please feel free to contact us at anytime. We can try to fix it for you but good communication is key in order to solve a problem.

Just ask!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Southeast Van Lines, Inc.

How is Southeast Van Lines, Inc. overall rated?

Southeast Van Lines, Inc. is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Southeast Van Lines, Inc. open?

Southeast Van Lines, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Southeast Van Lines, Inc. provide

Southeast Van Lines, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Does Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Southeast Van Lines, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Southeast Van Lines, Inc.?

Yes, Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offer?

Southeast Van Lines, Inc. offers the following services: Licensed & insured moving! Local, interstate, national, and international moving. We also provide packing services, storage, car transportation, and more!

Are there any services Southeast Van Lines, Inc. does not offer?

Just ask!