The Family Mortgage Team

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2014

1640 POWERS FERRY RD

Marietta, GA 30067

The Family Mortgage Team is a team of professionals dedicated to insuring that your loan is not just a transaction....

05/17/2019

Robert G.

Scott and his team were amazing. The time they spent with us and the regular communication and information kept us calm and informed. The team was accessible and met with us based on our schedule. They clearly cared and were personally excited for us when we landed on the perfect house. We were turned away by a well-known bank who obviously did nothing but punch some numbers into a computer. Scott and his team cared, listened and delivered.

Description of Work
First Home Mortgage

04/18/2019

Michael T.

Let me start by saying if you choose any other lender then LeaderOne you have unfortunately made a mistake. I have never had anyone so determined to help me get into a house then John Becker. He has literally been working with me for over a year as I worked on my credit. Even after i called him hundreds of times he never once lost his positive attitude or drive to get me into my house. As of this morning we have been approved and we are getting to move into our dream home! John you rock!!!

Description of Work
Home Loan Process

09/08/2018

Steve M.

I spoke with John Becker today in regards to a bridge loan and unfortunately it isn't available in their portfolio of products until next year. Opposed to apologizing and hanging up he worked with me to identify who might be able to help even though no renumeration was involved. I will certainly reach out to John in the future for any business within his wheelhouse.

Description of Work
Bridge Loan

07/28/2018

Corinne R.

I had a very good experience with LeaderOne refinancing two loans. I began the process with another company. That broker acted like he was doing me a favor refinancing my loans. I then called Scott Evans who I knew professionally. Scott and his team were very efficient and able to meet a deadline to complete the refinance. Michelle, Scott's loan processor, steered me in the right direction during the refinance process. I recommend LeaderOne to anyone needing refinancing or obtaining financing for a new home.

Description of Work
Refinanced two mortgages

08/21/2017

Travis M.

Excellent. They did amazing job and made everything very easy to understand.

Description of Work
Helped with re-finance of first home

07/17/2017

John B.

Went great, always knew I could count on Scott and team to get it done and help in anyway they could.

Description of Work
I have done 3 refinance's with Scott and his team and they are always on top of it and make the process very painless. I would highly recommend Scott and the team to anyone that ask.

06/18/2017

Derek P.

Recently, my wife and I purchased a new home after having made an offer on another home that fell through. Scott and his team worked diligently to shift everything to the 2nd house. They did a marvelous job and were all extremely friendly and easy to with with. We highly recommend the Family Mortgage team at LeaderOne!

Description of Work
Mortgage for home

05/23/2017

Karen W.

Spoke with John Becker by telephone to compare rates with our existing mortgage offers. Although he didn't have a mortgage product that fit our particular needs, he gave me some solid advice on how to improve my existing offer rather than try and sell me something that was a worse fit. While I'm not actually a client, I definitely recommend at least a phone call if you're in the market for a mortgage based only on his honesty and openness.

Description of Work
I needed a mortgage.

02/25/2017

Nancy S.

It went better than I could have ever imagined. From my first conversation with Jeff Garland until Closing was only 33 days! Every detail seemed effortless with the guidance of Jeff's team. They respected my situation and worked with me as diligently as if I were a multi-million dollar client. I felt I could share my thoughts and feelings just as easily as if I were talking to a close family member. Their name "Family Mortgage Team" truly fits and I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Home Refinance

01/22/2017

Patrick B.

Scott has helped my wife and I in a couple scenarios over the last 5 years. I was actually referred to him as we were looking to purchase our first home. Neither of us knew anything about mortgage loans and we were scared out of our minds on whether it was the right time for us to buy a home. If you know me then you know that I try to be a very informed person in any scenario that I encounter, so I guarantee that I asked Scott some off the wall questions, but he took the time to help and educate my wife and I through every step. Here a few months ago, shortly after my wife and I found out we were expecting our first child, we decided it was time for us to buy a larger home. Yet again, Scott and team were there to help and educate us on what steps to take and were always extremely responsive the entire time. I have heard horror stories about loans not closing on time and families being forced last minute to figure out other living arrangements. Not with LeaderOne though - I've actually moved the closing date up twice on them now and they've been able to get it done as planned. I would not hesitate to recommend Scott to my family, or friends. Scott has a knack for being able to simplify an intricate, confusing and sometimes overwhelming process and make it understandable to the every day buyer. Plus, he's an honorable man who stands by his name and his company's name, and will always work hard to support you however he can. Thank you again Scott and team for all of your support through the years!

Description of Work
Purchase a new home

01/14/2017

Sergio G.

Excellent customer service and service. Very detailed and making the process easy to understand.

Description of Work
Home Mortgage

12/29/2016

steven K.

first off, i dont give reviews in general. i just continue to do business with companies and give referrals to businesses that treat me right. scott and his entire staff were awesome! friendly,professional and courteous. they kept me the loop during the entire process with no issues at all..his staff really seem to love their jobs there! really felt like a family business deserving of the name family mortgage.

Description of Work
home re finance

12/12/2016

Paul B.

Scott and his team were world class. we have bought and sold homes over the years, and Scott's team is the best I have worked with. primarily drive by timely and succinct communications. would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Purchasing a 2nd home

11/07/2016

Lee P.

Very smooth, professional, knowledgeable personnel

Description of Work
Re-fi home due to remodeling and low rates

10/24/2016

Darcy M.

I have bought three homes total and this one by far was the most complicated from beginning to end but Scott and his associates were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, were problem-solvers while maintaining an honest, ethical approach to our situation. We would NOT have been successful in purchasing a dream home without Scott and his colleagues. Thank you Scott for your integrity and highest customer service!!

Description of Work
The Family Mortgage Team was incredible resourceful in solving a complicated finance situation that involved paying off debt and having enough money from a lump sum payment to use as a down payment and pay-off on existing mortgage. Scott and his team were nothing but professional and worked out all issues to resolve our mortgage situation as quickly and thoroughly as possible. We have since gone thru a streamline refinance one year later and have recommended this group to three other families/friends. All of them have gone on to save hundreds of dollars and had similar situations with the process going as smoothly as ours! Thank you Scott for your ethics and honesty - we always knew you had our back in the process of securing a mortgage and refinance!

10/06/2016

Anthony B.

Having had experience with other lenders in the past, once I started working with Scott, I never looked back. He and his team have financed and re-financed mortgages for me over the years multiple times. Each time was efficient, quick and always was what was discussed without any unknown or surprises which is saying a lot in todays business world, especially in this area. With all the changes mortgage companies constantly have to deal with in their industry, it has become more and more complicated to service customers efficiently and painlessly. For us it was painless and efficient. I am cautious about recommending people and companies to friends, but Scott is the exception. Scott and his business is the only person I recommend to handle a loan for someone I care about.

Description of Work
Scott and team re-financed my home

09/10/2016

Michael P.

Scott Evans and the Family Mortgage Team at LeaderOne Financial demonot rated exceptional service with my family's needs in mind. From the first phone call I made to a thoughtful followup after closing, they made us feel like valued customers. The team went above and beyond to help us close the financing in only 3 weeks. In the market today that seemed like an impossible request, yet they delivered! We are in our new home now, and loving it, with the help of Scott and his team.

Description of Work
Mortgage Financing

08/05/2016

Victoria F.

Went better than expected. Closed within a month.

Description of Work
Helped with getting a mortgage for a self employed single mom!!!

07/13/2016

Rebecca A.

They were extremely helpful, always available to answer our questions, and helped educate us throughout the entire process. We'd use them again for any future home purchases or refinances, and would certainly recommend them to anyone! They provide excellent customer service that cannot be matched by a large financial institution. We loved working with Scott and his team!, and feel they were able to get us a great rate and loan that fit our needs.

Description of Work
We applied for a loan as a first time home buyer with The Family Mortgage Team in May 2016, and were able to close on our house in June 2016.

07/13/2016

Sam S.

Top notch from start to finish. Had a super fast closing. Scott and his team worked wonders getting me into a house, if with my checkered financial past. The pre-approval process on the front end saves times and worriness on the back end. If you're looking for a lender Scott Evans and Leader One are in a class of there own!

Description of Work
Mortgage Loan

06/01/2016

Morty S.

Scott Evans and his team helped me secure financing so I can finally build equity in my home much more quickly than I could before! They were able to secure a great rate with almost no out of pocket closing costs and the process took just a few weeks from start to finish. I have used The Family Mortgage Team before and I find everyone there to be extremely professional and responsive which is crucial because the lending requirements can be very onerous and confusing. Scott and his colleagues did a great job identifying and presenting me various financing options, and also simplified the process by helping me navigate any hurdles with ease. I trust Scott to find the best deal and will continue to seek his assistance in the future wherever possible!

Description of Work
Helped me refinance my first and second mortgage into one mortgage at a great rate and low cost.

06/01/2016

dean D.

Scott Evans and his team at Family Mortgage do excellent work. And they do it in a timely fashion. I would not refinance with any other group.

Description of Work
Refinance mortgage.

04/18/2015

Geoffrey M.

Scott appeared to be engaged and we were very encouraged initially. Ultimately, The Family Mortgage Team abandoned follow up and any follow through. Our optimism around The Family Mortgage Team resulted in disappointment. We certainly don't expect anyone to overcome a challenge too difficult to scale or outside a team's expertise and capabilities - but we do expect follow up and closure (particularly when it has been promised). Ultimately, we did find someone to follow up and follow through - we purchased a property and begin construction on our dream home shortly. Find someone committed to helping, skilled at overcoming and facilitating solutions, engaged, and accountable and the process is a delighter not a frustrater. Unfortunately, for us, that wasn't the case with The Family Mortgage Team.

Description of Work
We were searching for a mortgage. Arguably as a new business owner, conventional financing was a challenge for Scott and his team to overcome.

03/08/2015

Debbie S.

Scott and his team were great. They worked with me every step of the way, answered all my questions and got what I believe to be a great rate at a great price. My payments went down $600 a month and I took some money out for new siding. Loan closed a little over 2 weeks from first phone call. They were recommended to me by a friend and I would do the same - great group of people.

Description of Work
Refinanced mortgage of primary residence.

03/02/2015

David S.

This is our 4th deal with Scott and his team and we wouldn't use anyone else. He is trustworthy, extremely knowledgable and all of his quotes are very competitive. His team is completely competent in getting the deal through to closing!

Description of Work
Refinancing of first morgage.

SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT

We offer our services NATIONWIDE. Our passion is partnering with our clients to crystallize their financial goals, design a strategy to achieve those goals and execute the plan to its completion. You know it’s not enough to just make a plan, even the most well designed strategies can fail if not executed properly and then monitored for progress and suitability. This is why we consistently monitor the progress of your plan and make changes as new developments come to light with your changing goals. Whether we are helping a young family set the path to achieve their ideal lifestyle and first home; assisting a newly widowed client in navigating and structuring his/or her retirement plan and new life; or advising a professional couple on structuring the sale of their business and transitioning into retirement, we are consistently behind the scenes working to get you there and keep you there: on track. Our Core Competencies include: Financial Planning, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Estate Planning and Multi-Generational Asset Transfer Planning, Managing Executive Deferred Comp Assets. We use the latest and the most sophisticated tools to produce accurate and realistic analyses. We pride ourselves on our independence and ability to work with the leading experts in all fields of wealth management, accounting and estate planning to design a comprehensive and robust strategy to achieve our clients’ goals. Sovereign is affiliated with Spire Investment Partners. Spire Investment Partners is the Parent Company of Spire Wealth Management, LLC an SEC RIA, and Spire Securities LLC, a registered Broker/Dealer and Member of FINRA / SIPC.

Offers by SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT on Angi
    Upper Left Wealth Management

I focus on people in or near retirement, who want to reduce risk and taxes. UpperLeft Wealth Management is here for anyone planning for and trying to figure out if they're on pace for retirement, or are looking for investment management, advice on social security, home mortgages, taxes in retirement, or other financial questions. Our data-driven processes and strategic planning mean we help you face the curveballs life can throw at you. I am a CFP® and fiduciary, and hold an M.B.A. in finance from Columbia Business School. My reputation is built on your trust. If you're ready to look at improving your odds of success, contact me at www.upperleftwealth.com.

Mike Murgatroy Guaranteed Rate Mortgage

**$300 off closing costs for Angi members** **95% jumbo mortgages available **Veteran mortgages, very aggressive rates based on working on low margins, NO LENDER FEES** **Conventional & FHA mortgages, aggressive rates and fees based on lower margins** Mike Murgatroy has 23 years of lending experience and is an Angi Super Service Award recipient 2012-2020. Mike is also ranked in the top 1% mortgage originators in the United States. With integrity at the core of his values, you can rest assured that Mike Murgatroy will give you informed detailed mortgage advice, the same he would recommend to his own family. Utilizing the platform of Guaranteed Rate, The Home Purchase Experts℠, Mike is able to provide customized loan products to fit almost every need and is proud to be a contributing part of Guaranteed Rate’s 96% customer satisfaction rating. We pride ourselves on having a transparent process which we will walk you through every step of the way, and proud to have offered the world’s first Digital Mortgage! Start your application process today by visiting www.Rate.com/Murg and find out why so many others continue to bring their business to Mike Murgatroy. NMLS ID# 60099; Guaranteed Rate NMLS ID# 2611 http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Offers by Mike Murgatroy Guaranteed Rate Mortgage on Angi
    Mortgage Companies
    Financial Planning
    Check, Financing Available

Mortgage planning and financing for home purchases and refinances.

Commercial Mortgages