All South Cleaning & Restoration LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2010

456 Warren Rd

Lawrenceville, GA 30044

AllSouth Cleaning is based out of Lilburn, GA and services about a 70 mile radius from Atlanta as well as Athens, Georgia. Owned and operated by Jami DiChiara, a native of Atlanta, we strive to provide you with quality of work, timeliness, efficiency, courtesy and the most cost effective solution

10/10/2014

James S.

The job was ok but the cleanup wasn't that great. I had to go back out and compact the dirt myself after it had rained.

Description of Work
They waterproofed my foundation. I had a leak in the basement.

Category basement waterproofing

12/23/2013

B. Glenn M.

The actual work only took about 3 days. It was easy to schedule with them. Their price was in the middle of other bids. They seemed reasonable, and offered a 3 year warranty where they would come back out & check their work.

Description of Work
We had the beginnings of mildew in a crawlspace. Our termite inspector found the mildrew. They scrubbed the crawlspace and disinfected it. They also put down a vapor barrier so it wouldn't happen again. Finally, they had to replace all the insulation with new.

09/20/2013

Jane E.

The crew arrived on schedule and began immediately with minimal fuss. This was clearly a company that had all the requisite experience: they had hazmat suits, face masks and other protective gear, and worked very efficiently. The job proceeded like clockwork. Whenever I would come out to check on progress, the team leader would explain what had been done so far, what they were doing at the moment, what to expect next, and when they expected to finish. They finished way ahead of schedule, cleaned everything completely and asked for me to examine the work to see if I was satisfied and to see if I had any questions. The team leader also had a couple of suggestions re: controlling the impact of humidity in the future, and said if I had any further questions later on, to call him immediately. I did not shop around for other quotes on this job, but given the fact that they not only supplied a full crew for up to two days (although in this case it only took them a day, partly because our crawlspace was roomy enough for them to operate freely), but also supplied all the replacement insulation, PLUS all the remediation work, I consider the price to be well worth the results. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Initially, we just needed our air ducts cleaned out. While on site, the crew foreman pointed out a number of problems in our crawlspace which also needed fixing in order to keep the entire central HVAC system working properly. We already knew we had problems with our crawlspace, so we opted to have AllSouth come back later and completely re-do the crawlspace by removing old insulation, cleaning off and/or remediating any mold hidden by the insulation, spraying anti-fungal stuff, and installing new insulation as well as installing a vapor barrier over the dirt floor and up the foundation blocks.

Category insulation, air duct cleaning, mold removal

07/17/2013

Julia Ann E.

They did an excellent job and I would recommend them to others

Description of Work
Hired to clean my air ducts

07/08/2013

Amy L. F.

They did a prodigious amount of work, made no messes, and exceeded my expectations in all respects. I really appreciated that one of the technicians came down from the attic to explain how the system worked and what had been causing some of the problems that we had been experiencing.

Description of Work
They cleaned our air ducts.

07/01/2013

Robert M.

It was not properly installed or completed. It took over a week to speak with the manager. I later found out that I was talking with the president of the company the entire time. She told me that there was no one there to speak with. A refund was forced by American Express . They were able to force the refund on the provider. They completely lied and were dishonest.

Description of Work
They were supposed to install a vapor barrier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

This review is a blatant lie. We completed work almost TWO years ago for this customer. All our work was completed properly and in its entirety. The customer tried FIVE different times to have American Express force a charge back and ALL five times he was denied. They denied his claim because we did perform all work properly. Thank you

07/01/2013

Peggy E.

Worse than I could have ever imagined.

Description of Work
Contract states remove island in kitchen, remediate mold under sink, and replace.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

05/28/2013

Barbara D.

They did a pretty good job. We were satisfied.

Description of Work
They did some air duct cleaning.

04/30/2013

Shagufta M.

The company does not keep their word when quoting customers how much a project would cost. I was given a lower price over the phone and they doubled the price when they came out.

Description of Work
Came out to give us prices for air duct cleaning.

02/20/2013

Mary O.

Booby came out and gave an estimate. We worked out to put plywood instead of plastic over the insulation under the sunroom because it is an area exposed more to the weather. We negotiated a good price. A few days later, as scheduled, the crew arrived and got to work removing all the old plastic and insulation. They wiped down all the wood in the crawlspace with mold remover chemicals then fumigated the area. Next day they began putting in the new insulation and plastic. Before they could do this though they pumped out water that was puddled up. They found a dripping leak and tightened up that to stop the leak from a icemaker water line. This crew did an excellent job. The crawlspace lived up to its name- there is only about two feet between the bottom of the house and the dirt. The plastic they put in goes up the side of the walls and pilings. The most important thing is that we called twice after noticing 1) some mildew that was not wiped off in one small area and 2) some plywood that was sagging as though the nails had not quite caught the first time. Both times we called there were workers out within a day or two as scheduled, as promised. We are very pleased with the job:)

Description of Work
In the crawlspace: remove old insulation and plastic ground barrier and put in new insulation and plastic. Under sunroom: remove old insulation and put up new insulation and cover with plywood. We had substantial water damage that had occurred in a small area, saturating the insulation there but the rest of the insulation was in very poor shape and the crawlspace was a mess.

Category insulation, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, air duct cleaning, mold removal

12/25/2012

Mel W.

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY KNOWN FOR BIT AND SWITCH. ON THEIR WEB SITE THEY HAVE A REASONABLE PRICE BUT WHEN THEY GOT AT THE DOOR THAT PRICE DON'T EXIST. They respond on time and they call you even before arriving at your door. The price you get by phone is not guarantee. I pay 575 for a three bed room 2300 sq ft home and it take them 1hr 45 min to do the job. They need to be reasonable in this bad economy. I get another estimate from the group the do carpet clean up and air duct cleaning to get my carpet clean. Based on the estimate i got the max i should pay for the size of the house should not be exceed 400. I GOT BURN 575 BUCK FOR A 1HR AND 45MIN AIR DUCT CLEANING SERVICES.

Description of Work
DON'T USE THIS COMPANY THEY DON'T RESPOND TO BBB COMPLAINT SEE BELOW 15 DAYS AFTER I FILE COMPLAINT NO RESPONSE. 12/04/2012 web BBB Case Received by BBB 12/04/2012 jmb BBB Case Reviewed by BBB - AB 12/04/2012 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer 12/04/2012 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute - AB 12/19/2012 OttO BBB No response to first notice to member 12/19/2012 OttO EMAIL Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company 12/19/2012 OttO EMAIL Reminder of Dispute to Business - AB

Category air duct cleaning

Dear Customer, We are sorry that you are upset about your air duct cleaning price. Our technician went over the additional pricing with you prior to performing any work, you agreed to the price and signed the work order contract, then he began to clean your ducts. We are not a bait and switch company. We have responded to the complaint you posted on the BBB. I do not know the company that came out to your home to perform a carpet cleaning. However, if you go to NADCA (the National Air Duct Cleaning Association) they state that the average air duct cleaning is between $500 and $1,000 per unit/furnace. You paid $575 which is on the low end of the average. All work was performed properly as you have not stated any problems with our cleaning, technicians, customer service or any other aspect of our company. If there was a problem, we would be happy to send someone back out to your home. Regards, Jami DiChiara President

12/06/2012

Latonia H.

They did a wonderful job and I would call them out again. Their customer service and quality of work was great! They were here for over four hours. They even repaired things I didn't even know needed repair and didn't charge me anything extra. I called about three other companies and their price was the best. They were great.

Description of Work
I hired them for air duct cleaning.

11/21/2012

Lori W.

After three attempts they have still not done the job properly. On top of that they were advertised as a licensed contractor which after an investigation from the GA Department of Agriculture they found the company to be unlicensed. (They have since become licensed due to the investigation) In addition they had numerous addresses listed and were difficult to find. We still have mold and they did not install the proper barrier. There are still holes and gaps in the plastic lining the crawl space floor. They attempted to fix these gaps with duct tape!! Every time we attempt to contact them (by email now because they will not keep their spoken word) they refuse to email back and call us with more excuses. We also had another company come out (that we had to pay) to give us their opinion. We have refused payment until the job has been done properly, and they are threatening to take US to court! Buyer beware!! Stay away from this company!

Description of Work
All South was contracted to encapsulate our crawl spaces and remediate mold.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

Dear Member, We are very sorry that you feel we did not do a proper job. There are a few misleading items in your review. First, you still our company for half of the money for the work that was properly completed at your home. We came out to the home 5 times to attempt to make you 100% satisfied with the work. Second, we ARE properly licensed. We are a licensed company. We are licensed, insured and bonded. We DO have our license through the Ga. Dept. of Agriculture. When the representative from there came out to your home, he said that by law he cannot tell you whether or not the job was performed properly. We do and did have our license. Upon review by the Department of Agriculture we had to send in our $55 yearly fee so we immediately paid and rectified the situation and updated our license. We have been licensed every year since we have been open not since we completed work at your home. We have 2 addresses, 1 is our call center and 1 is a storage warehouse where we keep our supplies and equipment. We have spoken to and been out numerous times to your home. Your husband has the technicians personal cell phone, our office numbers, the owners home and personal cell phone numbers. We have tried to contact you repeatedly but to no avail. We apologize that after numerous attempts that you are still not happy and will not pay us the monies still owed for all work that was completed properly at your home. We would love to be able to get in touch with you to once again come out to the home to try and make you 100% satisfied with the work and to collect the remaining balance on your account. Regards, Jami DiChiara President/Owner

10/30/2012

Thomas W.

Very professional work with technicians explaining things as the worked.

Description of Work
Our one small heat pump stopped cold. The two person team from All South arrived as scheduled and began to service the one dead heat pump and our larger working heat pump unit. The small dead unit was completely out of R-22 refrigerate and had stopped becuase of the safety switch cutoff. The team added 5 lbs of R-22 (@ $63 / lb) to get it going. They checked for visible leaks, but could not locate any. They determined that the leak(s) are what they call an annual leak(s). So small that trying to detect them is almost impossible. The large heat pump needed 1 1/2 lbs of R-22 (@ $63 / lb). Other than that, it was good for about another 2-3 years pending anything unexpected. NOTE: This was just confirmed by another company today (10/30/12) who added 1 1/2 lbs of R-22 (@ $60 / lb) to the small unit. That technician went in with a sniffer, but the leaks were so small that he could not pick them up. All South and the other technician stated that the small unit needed to be replaced within the next year as it has about had it. How about that, two good service calls that said the same thing without doing a big sales job....just call us when you need it done. Both gave estimates that were very close. .

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

08/30/2012

Janice S.

Instead of charging me a lot of money, the guy let me know it would be better to have someone pull out the drywall to see if there was mold. I thought it was good service. He could have just came out and charged me $500.00 for nothing. I appreciated him being honest even at the detriment of losing service.

Description of Work
I did call them. I was happy with them even though they didn’t do any service. I had a leak in my bathroom that had stained and water logged my wall. It is dried up now, but I was afraid there might be mold.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

08/30/2012

Roger B.

They were pretty good. They did what they were supposed to do and they did it in a timely manner. I would tell others to try them. I don’t highly recommend them but I do recommend them.

Description of Work
I used All South Cleaning and Restoration for air duct cleaning.

08/13/2012

Janet E.

Went very well, advice saved me real money since no repair was needed.

Description of Work
The company rep arrived right on time and provided the exact information we needed.

07/29/2012

William Z.

They were professional and timely. They paid attention. They helped us to understand the extent of our problems. They eliminated the mold and mice. It seemed like a lot of money, but they hustled and helped us to respond to the issues.

Description of Work
We bought a house with mold and mouse problems. They cleaned the HVAC ducts, pulled the carpet from the basement, pulled the insulation from the attic, eliminated some access points for rodents, & washed down the walls.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

06/20/2012

Gerald E.

The first time that they came they were very thorough the first time that they came. They told me that they would follow up the next year. I called a year later and never got a call back.

Description of Work
They were supposed to follow up to the initial service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

05/09/2012

Derek H.

It was good, they took care of the problem. They left us a piece of equipment that apparently they didn't need. We called to tell them we had it and they never came back to pick it up.

Description of Work
They came and tested for mold then returned to take care of our mold problem.

04/17/2012

Robert A.

Not very well. Thought they did a decent job but nothing I could not have done myself. The next day when I had a house full of company the AC did not work properly. As it turned out the did not change the filter in the AC unit that was completely clogged with dirt after they cleaned all the ducts...I would think that would be a no brainer for them... I sent an e mail complaining and never heard back.. No, I would not use them again....sorry..

Description of Work
Duct cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

The equipment we use is commercial grade HEPA vacuum with Roto-Brush and whips. It is not a job a layman could do. We do not carry filters in our vehicles and changing a filter is not something we offer nor that the customer pays for. If the customer has a filter, we will install it at no charge. However, it is not feasible to carry filters with us as their are too many sizes available to have enough room in our vehicles to haul them around. I am sorry the customer was unhappy with the filter not being changed but the actual work he paid for, an air duct cleaning, was performed properly, entirely and he had no problems with that. We never heard anything else from the customer regarding his cleaning. Had he sent an email we would have responded and called right away.

01/17/2012

Patricia W.

The crew came in, worked with efficiency, did what needed to be done, and suggested some other things needed. They were very professional and knowledgeable about the business. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning services.

07/13/2011

James P.

Had them before. Gentleman who was their employee did not tell us of a yearly checkup. Gave us a $50 discount for this failure of previous employee.

Description of Work
Duct Cleaning

03/28/2011

Gerald E.

There was a smell and they got the mold out from the vents. After that there was no smell. They were very thorough and did everything that I thought they should do. The job went well.

Description of Work
I used Southeast Cleaning & Restoration for some air conditioner work and duct cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/07/2010

Doris C.

They were excellent. They were very responsive and professional and gave me a 5 year warranty on all their work.

Description of Work
Just last week they changed all the locks for me. They have also done a lot of post fire damage clean up.

Category drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, house painters, interior painters