The Handyman Company

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2007

1600 Sarno Rd Suite 119-G

Melbourne, FL 32935

We are a trusted, local remodeling & repair company providing residential and commercial services since 1999. We offer a full year warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our work.

12/04/2017

Marsha C.

All jobs went well! I will hire them again when needed. I always ask for Barry Fox; he does a great job and is very personable.

Description of Work
I’ve hired The Handyman Company several times to do various jobs from assembling Adirondack chairs, installing a porch light, hanging pictures, assembling a wooden bench, etc.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, screen repair

03/02/2017

Raul F.

I like them a lot. They have a fifty dollars deduction, for anything over two hundred and fifty dollars.

Description of Work
The doors were painted.

06/13/2016

Becca H.

After attempting to have a new refrigerator delivered and installed in my new house, I discovered that the cabinet space left for a fridge was 1/4 to 1/2 inch too small in places. I needed someone to adjust the cabinets to make room for my new fridge and wanted it done before I moved into the house in two days. I first called another handyman who was booked for two weeks. I then called the Handyman Company. The person I talked to over the phone was courtesy and willing to help fit me in the next day. Rick, the handyman, showed up on time and knew exactly what to do to correct the problem with my cabinets. He also fixed a pantry door that had broken and come off track and even replaced a faulty hinge on one of my cabinet doors free of charge. I will definitely use this service again and be sure to ask for Rick.

Description of Work
Adjusted cabinets and fixed a pantry door that had come off track

05/26/2016

Sonia V.

I am amending my original review which was glowing. I was originally pleased with the work that was done at my home. However, about a week & 1/2 ago, the hydraulic closer on the storm door detached from the frame. Both screws fell off. I tried repairing it myself, but couldn't get the closer to touch the frame so it could be reattached. I called The Handyman Company on 5/18/16 to exercise the year warranty. The receptionist told my Randy (the manager) was very busy but would call me within 24 hours to take care of my issue. I waited 6 days and called back on 5/24. The receptionist looked up my file and said there had been a communication glitch and apologized. She put me on hold and came back, saying she had just talked to Randy and he promised he would call me by the end of the work day. I should have asked "which work day." as it is past the end of the workday on May 26th and I still haven't heard from him. Now, I have to pay someone to repair my storm door which should have been repaired under warranty or should not have broken at all if it was done correctly. I will not recommend The Handyman Company to anyone and definitely will never use them again!! Grrr....

Description of Work
They did a number of things: replaced a ceiling fan, repaired a hole in the ceiling, some drywall, replaced a storm door in the screened patio, replaced a section of screening in the patio, and painted a repaired stucco outside wall.

Category doors

02/28/2016

Wanda S.

I will never use this company again. The man who came, Charlie, did the repairs to the soffits and fascia. I told him I had picked up paint to match the house color. Then things went to heck after that. First after he was halfway through the job he said he couldn't really do the fascia because he would have to tear out too much. When he gave me the estimate on the day prior, he said that fascia would be no problem. So I told him to do the best he could. I told him the paint is in the garage and he started denying that painting was included and that I said my son was going to do the painting. My son lives in Houston so that would be quite a trick. He also guaranteed me during the estimate that he would make sure the paint blended in perfectly. So he said he had to go get bushes, etc to paint. He comes back and paints. When he finishes he hand me the receipt for the plywood lying in the driveway because since he didn't do the fascia he had plywood leftover and I could return it for a refund (Hey fellow I am not a carpenter and have no way of getting the plywood into the my car. ) Inquired if he could put it in his truck and he said no his truck was too full. With what I am wondering and he hops into the truck and takes off. About that time my husband comes home and it hits the fan. The paint that was in the can did NOT even come close to matching the house paint but he used it anyway and never said a word to me about the paint being the wrong color. Now I am not talking about a shade or two difference , it was the difference between a dark brown and rose color. Now any idiot could have seen the difference and he should have said something. He also left a horrible mess of wood, sawdust, etc lying around. So my husband and I went to the paint store and got the correct color paint and we just spent our Sunday afternoon repainting what we paid good money for. It had to be done immediately because the house is on the market and people are looking at it and a two toned house is not a good seller.

Description of Work
Repair soffits on house in two place and fix fascia in the corner. And painted repair work afterwards

Category contractors, handyman service, siding, woodworking, house painters

01/08/2016

william L.

I needed any ) The handyman worker (Sam) arrived at my residence at the prescribed time and started working on the project soon after arriving.Sam was very personable and easy to talk to. The work was completed in approximately 2 hours. Sam cleaned up the area and left me with his business card in the event needed any other work done in the future.

Description of Work
The provider filled in washed away reinforcement sand under my driveway and resealed the separation from driveway to the slab.

09/24/2015

DOROTHY T.

He was very efficient and pleasant. He actually was SO efficient, I had to find MORE for him to do to fill the contracted time.

Description of Work
Installed doggy door on my patio; installed medicine chest in bathroom; installed magnetic knife rack in kitchen; installed under-counter AM/FM/CD unit in kitchen

Category countertops, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

08/20/2015

Sonia V.

Our repairman is named Wes. He was VERY personable, professional, and skilled. He worked hard, got everything done in a timely manner, and cleaned up after himself. He wasn't able to complete the installation of the fan as the electrical part of it was too complicated, but the other than that, the fan is fully installed to the point I just need an electrician to figure out the extra wire. Wes gave me a full credit on that part of the job even though he had done 95% of the work. I'm already beginning my list for the next time I call The Handyman Company. They went out of their way to accommodate my needs.

Description of Work
I had a new screen door put in the patio and a new section of screening, a hole repaired in the ceiling (the hole was made to repair a leak in a second floor bathroom by plumber), a crack repaired in the second floor ceiling (had to repopcorn the ceilings), an exterior section of stucco painted (it had been repaired by a stucco company), an opening made under the stairs to create additional storage space, and a ceiling fan installed.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, screen repair, ceiling fans, stucco, house painters, doors

06/19/2015

Haiming W.

I negotiated the price with the Handyman company office over the phone agreed upon $280 just for the labor. The job: fix a jammy door then paint the outside, and hanging 4 curtains. This is on Monday. Tuesday, the handyman came. He hanged 4 curtains. He said he need to change the hinges to fix it. He replaced one hange out of 8 hanges. The door is more jammy and could not lock (the bolt lock). He finally changed the the bolt hole plate and manage to get it lock. But it looked messy and not neetky fit. He said he had to come back the next day to complete the job. By the way he never present to me any written contract! He never came back to finish the job. He claimed he came and ran the door bell 4 times. I was at home all the time. He could have called me on the phone. I called him and he asked me to call the office and hung up on me. This is Wednesday, I called the office and talked to a manager, he said they will "take care" the rest and appologized. On Friday, the handyman company finally sent another person, he looked at the door and presented me a $517 contract completely alter the contract price! I would like them to honor the original contract. He left again. I called the office and another manager spoke to me saying he could not find anything in their computer for the orignial and could not find the person who agreed upon the price and would not honor the price since there was no write contract! He could easily find out who set the price over the phone in their office! It is a deceptive practice to make such a claim! It is their responsibility to present a written contract at the get go which he did not if they claim only honor the written contract. Outrages: The Handyman company sent a person did a lousy 1/8 job and left! The Handyman company wants to charge a lot more to finish the rest! I can't believe this could happen to me. I hope this does not happen to anybody else who hires The Handyman company. This can happne to you!

Description of Work
The Handyman company did not honor the price they agreed upon $280 over the phone! First handyman they send left job 1/8 done and left the fixing in worse condition than it started. He left and never came back! The Handyman company sent the second person came and asking for a new price more than $500 to finish the job using the excuse that the first handyman never provided writen contract. Mananger insisted on a new contract claiming no writen record on the agreed price. The service is never finished the job.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, house painters

06/17/2015

Wanda M.

Richard Kalp is an honest and hard worker, who never took shortcuts while doing our job. Richard ensured great quality and exceeded our expectations. He was prompt, professional and represented The Handyman company well. Because of our experience with Richard Kalp, we will call the Handyman company for all our home needs. Thank you Handyman company for hiring people like Richard Kalp!

Description of Work
re hung our drapes that literally fell off the walls

04/22/2015

linda W.

I couldn't be happier with the results! The job started and ended as scheduled. The handyman, Phil, certainly knew his trades and was as picky as I am about things. He was professional, helped at the big box store, made suggestions and was very neat and clean with the job site during the process. I even got a follow up call a week after the job was done to check that everything was OK and to my satisfaction. I would definitely recommend this provider. We need more companies like this that are honest, knowledgeable and professional-I'm glad I made the call and would use them again!

Description of Work
Mimi bathroom remodel. Removed and installed flooring, vanity, sink, mirror, faucet and toilet in 2 bathrooms. Also removed and installed a pre-cut laminate kitchen counter, kitchen sink and faucet.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

02/09/2015

Peggy T.

The service went very well. I was very impressed with their work and the technician was more the qualified. I had him repair a back door slider that I was told could not be fixed amongst other things. He was very efficient and knowledgeable. He was a truly experienced handyman. I had no problem at all scheduling the deal or getting in touch with the company. I have been looking out for more coupons for another affordable opportunity.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for 2 hours of general carpentry work.

10/13/2014

Kenneth J.

It went very well. They did everything that I asked them to do and did an outstanding job. He's very thorough, professional, friendly. He got the job done for me.

Description of Work
I had a handyman that was here from The Handyman Company.

08/27/2014

Michael L.

They came out to do an estimate, but they had ridiculous prices. I did not use them becuase the prices were so incredibly high.

08/11/2014

Richard H. M.

Mr. James knew exactly what to do to put everything back in order and did additional reinforcing the additional panels so they would be stronger against the weather that caused this problem in the first place. I am most grateful for the company,s response to my problem.

Description of Work
Mr. Gary James Fixed a problem the wind and rain caused, damaging the panels and soffits along the roof line of my house. The company responded quickly to get Mr. James here to help me with a problem that would have become worse if another storm should come up. He did everything I asked him to do at a fair price and excellent job quality.

Category handyman service, siding

07/22/2014

Sandra S.

Tony Burke came to our house when he said he would be here. He gave us an estimate the same day, which was in the price range of what we thought it should be. He set up a day and time in which he could do the job, and then he not only showed up on that day but he came earlier, and he even finished the job earlier. He did a few other things for us, and made some good suggestions. He even met us at Home Depot to pick out the right kind of canned lights. HE also did some other work for us. He was able to fix 2 doors that every else said we would need a new door and did some painting. His was work was excellent and we would recommend him and hire him again.\It was a pleasure working with him.

Description of Work
installed a recessed medicine cabinet, installed new shower bar,skimmed walls to even out texture from prior pulled down wallpaper, patched and painted 2 bathrooms,changed out old electrical outlets for new GFI and lighted receptacles and put in 3 canned LED lights.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

07/10/2014

susan J.

They're not good. They didn't do a good job. When I slide the door the whole thing falls off it's tracks. My doors were in steel and when I try to open it, it doesn't flow along the track so he didn't put it in right.

Description of Work
I used The Handyman Company a few years ago to put in some slide in doors.

Category handyman service, doors

07/03/2014

Elizabeth I.

Can not say enough good about Tony Burke who performed the service. He was punctual and the work was done in a very timely manner. He also performed the cleanup. He was very professional and I would certainly recoommend Tony and The Handyman Company to friends. If we need further work that needs to be done, we will call the Handyman Company.

Description of Work
Six ceramic floor tiles were replaced. (We supplied the tiles). Three screen panels on the patio screen enclosure were replaced. Sink drain repaired.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, screen repair

06/10/2014

David K.

The Handyman did a very good job and paid attention to detail. He provided high quality services at a good price.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous handyman services

05/27/2014

Karen I.

I originally contacted The Handyman Company for an estimate to install laminate flooring that had already been purchased. An appointment was made when I called to provide an estimate of the services requested. Jorge Lam came at the appointed time and he examined the laminate and we discussed the scope of the project. He provided me with suggestions on some additional supplies needed and how we could handle the baseboard. I signed a contract at that time with Jorge promising to call the following week to set up our schedule. He called me on Monday and scheduled work to begin on Wednesday. He arrived at the appointed time and immediately got to work. He found a few problems along the way and made me aware of the problem and suggested how it could be resolved. Overall the project was completed with no problems and I am very happy with the results. I will be using this resource in the future.

Description of Work
I contacted The Handyman Commpany for an estimate to install laminate flooring that I had already purchased. Jorge Lam was the resource assigned and the laminate and new base board were installed as requested in our living room and master bedroom.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, woodworking

05/22/2014

Kenneth J.

It took him three days to do the job because his health was not a 100%, but other than that, he did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
I have used The Handyman Company for handyman services. He painted four bedrooms and a bathroom, installed a shower door, a faucet, and a hallway light. He also installed couple of shower curtains.

Category lighting, plumbing, interior painters, doors

03/31/2014

Aaron A.

After battling a woodpecker trying to nest in the wood soffit (multiple holes) for months without success, we finally bit the bullet and had aluminum soffit installed. The worker who did the work was Gary James. He was great. He was on time each day, very professional, asked if something wasn't clear or if a slight modification was needed, and a hard and conscientious worker.

Description of Work
installed aluminum soffit on a 2 story house

Category handyman service, siding

03/10/2014

jeesh C.

Fine. All the parts were purchased correct and installed properly.

Description of Work
a little bit of everything. plumbing,folding door issues,lock needed to be changed

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

02/19/2014

Maryann K.

Perry Foy did a very professional job giving the estimate and starting the project almost immediately. Quality of work was very good and done very quickly. Would definitely have Perry do another job if needed.

Description of Work
Repair seam in drywall ceiling. Retexture and repaint entire ceiling

02/13/2014

Michelle S.

Tony Burke was the gentlemen who came to our home. He was punctual, professional, and knowledgeable. Tony worked fast and was very precise and meticulous. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
I had a lot of random things that needed to be done. Knobs installed on new cabinets, ceiling fan blades replaced, mirror hung, toilet seat changed, bathroom mirror removed.