FLOOR CLEANING EXPERTS

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2005

We Clean Polish and Seal Any Floor...

Tom Workman Master Cleaner

+3 more images

floor cleaning (65)tile installation (24)carpet cleaning (20)floor buffing (7)upholstery cleaning (6)marble & granite (5)countertop installation (3)pool cleaning (1)oriental rug cleaning (2)

08/30/2020

mike O.

Tom and his crew were great! They took care of us the whole way through. Our concrete has never looked better! They took a trashed concrete floor and made it a work of art. Thank you Tom, Bobby, and Nate.

Description of Work
concrete polishing

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

05/26/2020

Dustin K.

Amazing service and great work! I wouldn’t use anyone else. Worked with me to make sure it came out great, took their time to do it right. What a bunch of pros!!

Description of Work
Concrete polish

Category buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

01/07/2020

meghan P.

11/07/2019 destroyed Saltillo floors, baseboards, kitchen cabinets, support beam, front door and carpeting. They Walked off job leaving us $30,000 in repairs. Tom quoted us $2350 to Strip, clean and seal 1306 ft.² of Saltillo tile. He Begin work on May 1, 2019, we paid $1200 in advance with the rest to be paid upon completion. He told us the job would take 3 days to complete. On day 3, the floors were no where near done and there was a sticky mess everywhere, we spoke with Tom who said they were experiencing a problem and needed to use a different solution. He told us his workers would be back the following week to complete job. After another three days of work Tom asked for more money saying the job was costing more than he quoted us and if we did not pay he was done working. When we started pointing out the damages he caused on our kitchen cabinets, baseboards , support beam in living room and front door, and the entry to our master bedroom carpet. He told us it was apart of the job "clean up". We asked him to show us how he planned on "cleaning" the stripped wood on our kitchen cabinets. He tried to use a furniture polish and said the stain would come back into the wood... it did not. Two to three inches all the way around our kitchen is stripped.. the stain grade baseboards also soaked in stripper causing them to crack, and splinter. The machine he was using to clean the floors smashed into the front door and a support beam in the livingroom cracking the corners. That same machine also spit out sticky old sealer from the floor into our carpet in the master bedroom and two of the sliding door tracks. Tom then began cleaning up his equipment and was gone leaving the floor covered with sticky solutions. We called out two restoration companies to fix the floors. Both told us the floors had absorbed so much chemical solution it could not be repaired. We had to tear out and replace the tile, the baseboards, and the carpet. We had to re-stain the kitchen cabinets and repair the front door. A better business complaint was filed and unanswered by Tom Workman.

Description of Work
strip and reseal Saltillo floor

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Review for FLOOR CLEANING EXPERTS - 8420 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL - 38317636

09/28/2018

EVERETT K.

They were prompt. and they cleaned up good after themselves and did all round.

Description of Work
They cleaned the utility shower room. They removed the grout and re caulked it, and pressure washed the whole shower room.

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

06/01/2018

steven F.

Great! It took 2 men a week to complete but it was well worth it and the results are better than expected. Job was more than 2000 sq. Ft.

Description of Work
Restore white marble floors...

Category marble & granite, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 05/05/2018

11/18/2017

Bill H.

The workmanship is amazing. The stone on the patio deck has color again. The marble looks like it was just installed and the pavers around the pool look new. The workers were on time and worked like they had an investment in the company. The crew foreman Oscar pays attention to detail. The owner, Tom Workman was always available and also seemed invested in the job and the wonderful outcome. If you need stone work refinished this is the company to deal with.

Description of Work
We need the stone on our outside patio deck and marble on our pool bar refinished. We also needed the pavers around the pool refinished and new sand put down.

Category countertops, marble & granite, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 11/18/2017

09/20/2017

William G.

Outstanding. Tom and Oscar are true professionals. We could not be happier with the outcome. I first contacted Floor Cleaning Experts in 2013 when we first moved into our antique bungalow. They did a great job then. Recently, I called them back to restore the circa 1926 Cuban Tile on our porch. The floor shines like new. What a transformation! Thanks, Tom and Oscar!

Description of Work
The Floor Cleaning Experts cleaned and restored antique porcelain and Cuban Tile floors.

Category ceramic tile, marble & granite, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

Review for FLOOR CLEANING EXPERTS - 8420 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL - 36272356

03/30/2016

Leisa S.

The cleaning differently worked to remove the uneven polish in the dinning room, I didn't need the living room done but Tom persuded me to have the living room done also because of the difference in color when he is finished. Which by the way, there was no difference in color from the dinning room versus the living room when they were finished. Our whole floor has warped and has areas that are raised to the point of possibly tripping on the separation of the layers of wood. My husband and myself have tried to get a hold of Tom both by e-mail and by leaving messages on his cell phone and he has not contacted neither. We still have not moved our furniture back into these rooms because we were told to wait 5 days before returning any rugs or furniture to the area.

Description of Work
Wood floor cleaning and polish wood flooring in the dinning room and living room 374 sq ft

Category upholstery cleaning, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 03/21/2016

This customer had us out to service their laminate wood floor. My most experienced technician with a helper cleaned to this floor using our minimal moisture cleaning process. A few days after service the customer called about swelling. I had the flu so was not able to come out to look at the floor for a little more then a week. When I inspected the floor there was swelling at the seams. There was also an area that had a dulled out finish. This dulled area is what happens when water is poured on the finish before it completely sets up. I interviewed the customer about the process my technicians used and then interviewed each of my technicians separately. This confirmed my technicians followed the proper procedure in servicing the floor. We have a written procedure for wood floor cleaning. The only stated deviance were that the customer said the technicians poured water directly on the floor to rinse and my technicians said they followed our written procedure and misted the water on the floor and immediately removed it with a microfiber mop. Nothing that we did to this floor would have caused the damage. The dulled out finish on the last section coated suggests that water was applied to the floor right after service.

03/09/2016

Bill W.

I called Tom Workman (owner) and he came out to our home and provided a free estimate for stripping, cleaning and sealing our kitchen brick floor. It was some time later that I decided to call him and we set the date for him to come out and do the work. He and his assistant arrived on time and quickly went to work. They did a beautiful job of cleaning the brick floors and adding a luster to the bricks that made them look as if they were newly laid down that day. They were very professional and did all the work within 5 hours. We definitely will use him again in the future for other rooms in our home. He does a super job on brick kitchen floors.

Description of Work
Stripped, cleaned and sealed kitchen brick floor.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

10/21/2015

Chris W.

They were prepared to clean and polish my garage floor to restore the finish. They were able to quickly tell that the type of flooring I had (polyaspartic)was not affected by the polishing...no improvement...scratches were not going away. They informed me right away, put everything back in place and left. Tom advised me that he would research and come up with a solution. I appreciate Tom's honesty with not being able to make a considerable improvement to the floor given its type. He could have easily finished the job and still charged me. I'm also appreciative of his efforts to contact the flooring company and the company that installed th e flooring, to find a solution. Tom's contacting the manufacturer of the flooring, identified the solution. Thank You Tom!

Description of Work
Floor Cleaning

Work Completed On 09/03/2015

11/20/2014

John H.

Tom was able to schedule the same week we purchased a coupon. He was very fair in pricing the additional footage over what the coupon would cover. We had a minor problem that was discovered after he left. He scheduled a prompt follow-up and went way beyond what was needed to correct the situation. He was extremely professional, friendly and competent.

Description of Work
Cleaned and sealed grout.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/07/2014

07/16/2014

Pamala R.

Fantastic! Only company who knew right away how to treat Jerusalem stone! Stephen and Zach know their stuff and it really shows through! Through! Through!

Description of Work
Powder polished and sealed marble floor and restored grant.

Category marble & granite, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 06/24/2014

07/14/2014

Monica V.

On time, friendly, professional, caring.

Description of Work
Cleaned & sealed floors.

Work Completed On 06/27/2014

04/18/2014

POLLY H.

Used commercial machines to strip and clean the floors and then applied the many coats of wax with a lambs wool pad allowing each coat of wax to dry thoroughly before applying the next coat. We are absolutely delighted with the results!

Description of Work
Stripped, cleaned, and waxed the linoleum tile in our kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, and downstairs hallway.

Work Completed On 04/14/2014

01/14/2014

David S.

Richard calls me at 10am and is lost and 20 minutes away. He shows up in a junkie mini van and I show him the one room to clean. Then he wants to run a garden water hose from outside thru my house or window to feed water to his machine. I have never had any cleaning company request this before. So I told him I wanted to see the machine he was going to use. This thing looked like a larger version of those carpet cleaner machines that you rent at the grocery store.. This thing was old looking and rusting at water connection points and the mini van was an absolute mess inside. I told him I was not running a garden hose into my house and that he would have to manually fill his machine. As he was backing up to my door I was getting a very uneasy feeling about this guy and I was just getting ready to tell him that I didn't want his services when He started asking me if he had ever done work here before and I said no. Then he asked me if I knew Mike and I said yes because I know a lot of mike's. Then he just shut his back doors and said he didn't want to do the job and drove off quickly. My contractor and I where both outside listening to Richard and just looked at each other laughing and couldn't believe what had just happen. I am so glad he never started. I called Tom and told him what had just happened but he didn't seem to be to concerned and said that Richard didn't work for his company and left it as that. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure Tom must do a good job but when you recommend someone in place of your company you think that they would be worthy of Tom's rating in Angie's list. If not please don't recommend them. Make sure you don't end up with Richard on your job your job. I called Stanley steamer and booked 1 room for $99 with New equipment and excellent service.

Description of Work
I Called Tom to see if he had any openings that I could get 1 room cleaned that was 190 sq ft. He was booked and could not make it when I need but he said he had a guy that might be able to do the job and gave me his number. I called his friend Richard and told him I needed my carpet clean on Monday because I was going out of town and need to get the carpet cleaned and furniture moved back into the room due to construction. Richard said he could make it on Monday and it would be $125 to clean one room, which I thought was high and then he dropped it to $110 since there was no furniture. Richard calls me on Monday and says he cant do it on Monday and can I do it on Tuesday. I said yes but had to be by 10am because I had to catch a flight. Approximate cost of service $110.00.

Category carpet cleaners

Work Completed On 01/14/2014

My company did not service this client. When he called my schedule was full. The result of providing exceptional service to our clients. I gave him the number of a cleaner that could fit his schedule. The person referred is not an employee of the Floor Cleaning Experts. If this client had been willing to wait for our service they would have gotten the same exceptional service all of our clients receive.

12/05/2013

Douglas N.

The technician showed up promptly at the appointment time and accurately measured the actual square footage to be cleaned and sealed prior to performing the work. The technician was professional, courteous, personable and worked hard and efficiently throughout the job. When the work was completed the floors looked practically brand new. After cleaning, the previously brown grout revealed its true light color. My wife was ecstatic upon seeing our "new" floors! I am not easy to please but in this case I am happy to share my pleasure with a job well done and feel I spent my hard-earned money well by hiring Floor Cleaning Experts. Tom is passionate about providing a good service and this attitude flows through his employees through their words and actions.

Description of Work
Cleaned ceramic tile flooring and sealed grout in newly purchased home in need of some TLC.

Work Completed On 12/03/2013

08/29/2013

Robert C.

Tom Workman arrived on time to make estimate. He also sang a beautiful opera aria from Tosca. On the agreed date(8/28) his work crew arrived on time and completed the work as agreed. The quality of work was excellent. We would highly recommend this company for any floor and or rug cleaning.

Description of Work
hone and polish bathroom marble floor and hot tub.

Work Completed On 08/28/2013

08/05/2013

Linda P.

I already plan to use them again. The service was excellent. They were on time and got the work done quickly.

Description of Work
The cleaned the carpets in the whole house and cleaned one sofa.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 06/05/2013

07/04/2013

Margareth A.

They arrived on scheduled date i believe it was 4/29/2013 with 2 of his workers. One had knowledge of what he was doing the other did not. They were here all day doing there work. I had another company here refinishing my wood floors also. The one worker that was doing counter tops did not cover tops to protect other furniture or floors while he polished my tops. I believe it took them 2 days to finish job. I noticed in my dining room white spots all over my newly polished wood floors and dining room chairs and my wood guy said it had to be removed carefully or would scratch my wood.They came over twice to remove these spots which were time consuming to remove and I still have some spots left. There were spots left throughout my house. In my dressing area there were white spots all over my mirrors, closet door, tile, walls, glass and tower fan. They did a horrible job for the money I was charged not a professional job at all. The counter top that was fixed for crack looks as bad as it looked before and I was charged 750.00 for that alone. Tom has been here 3 times to fix the problems and It was not done in a professional way. My granite floors in the foyer don't even look like they were done they still have scratches in them that were not buffed out. I would not recommend this company to no one. If I am paying this amount of money I want a professional company. I have used another company in the past and paid less money and got much better results, but I thought I would try someone from Angie's list and am very disappointed. I had light plate broken and I had to repair it myself. BEWARE if you are going to use this COMPANY!

Description of Work
Polished my Marble, Granite and Travertine floors. Polished my marble and granite counter tops and sealed them. Repaired cracked granite counter top.

Work Completed On 06/19/2013

The floors and counters on this job looked great when I inspected then. There was over spray from the polishing that should not have been left. The only reson it took three visits to correct is strictly due to the fact the customer had the home of so full of furniture and items from the rooms getting the wood floors restored that you couldn't see anything and the customer would call us as each room got cleared instead of when the whole area was available for inspection. We did not make the customer wait but came out on three indivual trip so it would be less inconvienient for them. We corrected all of the issues and left the customer with beautiful counters and floors.

04/02/2013

David D.

They were excellent! The job took two full days to complete. Tom, the owner, participated in every aspect of the job. I liked that they were very thorough, considerate, and careful of what they did. They were very personable and a pleasant to be around. They took their time with the work and they were very, very good.

Description of Work
They cleaned, stripped, and sealed nearly 1,000 square feet of Mexican tile.

Work Completed On 01/23/2013

03/18/2013

PATRICIA W.

Tom came as scheduled. Gave me Angies discount and turned my 50 yr old terrazza floor back to a shiny delight.

Description of Work
Cleaned kitchen & bath terrazza floors.

Work Completed On 03/15/2013

03/08/2013

Linda G.

Tom is an artisan who takes pride in his work. He is honest, professional, knowledgable, courteous, good-humored, punctual, fair in pricing, responsive--he is everything a consumer hopes for when hiring--and he sings opera!!! Our floors were in serious disrepair and now they are simply gorgeous. Thank you Tom!!! Sincerely, Linda & Rob Goudsmit

Description of Work
Tom Workman and his crew performed a complete and extraordinary restoration of our limestone floors. The process required extensive cleaning, sanding, polishing, sealing, and follow-up cleaning.

Work Completed On 03/08/2013