We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Fixation Remodel and Restoration LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2010

1945 Dana Dr

Fort Myers, FL 33907

If you’ve grown tired of the current look or layout of your home and have plans to complete a Fort Myers, FL, home remodeling project, rest assured that our friendly and skilled crew at Fixation Remodel & Restoration LLC won’t let you down. We’ll give your project the attention it deserves. Our

11/29/2021

Ven B.

ZERO STARS FOR FIXATION REMODEL AND RESTORATION. HORRIBLE SERVICE, ZERO BUSINESS SKILLS. I hired Fixation Remodel and Restoration to build Florida Sunroom and it was the BIGGEST mistake. Joshua Roberts is the owner of the company and it's all about about the money, ZERO stars for quality work. As soon as he gets your money he disappears leaving a horrible, undone job behind. I hired him to build my Florida Sunroom, I paid him a deposit that was more than the agreed price. He was told not to start without the approved permit. Guess what he didn't care, he started the job without the permit. He sent unskillful workers, that actually admitted doing this kind of job the first time. they literally had to follow the instructions and pictures on how to install the windows and roof. The roof is leaking but Joshua Roberts does NOT care. Moreover, he ignored my multiple emails with he videos and pictures of the leaking roof. The county won't approve the poor quality job. Joshua said if I pay him the remaining balance than he would talk to me. Seriously? I told him I didn't mind to pay him the balance but first he had to give me the invoice he paid to the architectural designer and fix the leaking roof, but of course he keeps ignoring my emails. I can't pay for something I don't know if he paid. He left me with unpaid balance with the county. Apparently, he applied for the permit after the job was "completed" and after me pressuring him and contacting the county for the permit myself. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Description of Work
Florida Sunroom

Category custom cabinets, decks, roofing, replacement windows, sunrooms

11/06/2020

David B.

They did an amazing job. Very clean and all work done on time.

Description of Work
Furniture grade finish of pine ceiling.

Category remodeling

10/25/2020

Valerie E.

Josh and his crew have completed 2 jobs in our condo and we are very pleased with the work and their professionalism. The first job was installing shiplap in my living room and master bedroom. These 2 walls transformed the condo and have given me a home I love to show off. The second job was simply giving my kitchen island a facelift which has again given me pride to show off our condo. I would recommend Josh/Fixation to anyone and have plans for future projects with him.

Description of Work
Shiplap walls and kitchen island facelift

Category drywall, interior designers, woodworking, interior painters

07/21/2020

Leslie F.

Work was completed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel/Master Bath Remodel

Category home remodeling

12/14/2019

Greg B.

Job was beyond my expectations relied on Josh for suggestions n he came thru with flying colors. Have used Fixation for work in my homes n business and would recommend him to anyone who has a vision n needs help implementing it. I am very satisfied with jobs performed

Description of Work
Impact Windows finish cabinetry doors n moulding

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

05/01/2019

Marvin R.

Josh was very professional and punctual on giving us a bid and doing the job within a week of us. Great job would highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
our screened in Lani was dry rotted and needed replacement.

Category decks, sunrooms

03/27/2019

Lori N.

Updated review 6/6/2019: In reply to my posting on Angie's List, Fixation said I was unrealistic and unreasonable. I actually was a client that wanted the work done that I had contracted for, the work done correctly, professionally and timely. I got none of those things, so I want to make sure others know exactly what happened to me so they don't ever have to go through it. 1. Fixation abandoned the job halfway through owing the owner (me) money and leaving behind shoddy workmanship, as well as removing lumber paid for by me (video available.) They took over an entire year just to get to the halfway point. (photos included of current state of job). 2. A lack of supervision/oversight on the job caused water to pour in 8 places into my home, which was less than one year old at the time. This caused damage to the ceiling and wall sheet rock, which Fixation never repaired. I contacted Fixation via text while the rain was pouring into my new home from the ceiling and received a call and was yelled at because "he was at church with his family." 3. The foundation failed inspection due to missing footings, heavy wire mesh, and 6 mil plastic. 4. The entire tie beam was poured 2 1/2" too tall and had to be cut off. 5. The brick support beams blew over in the wind and had to be re-built. 6. Window openings were not made to the size specified on the plans. 7. Fixation used foil dryer vent hose instead of sheet metal pipe to go up through attic to roof vents which is not code and is a fire hazard. His "plumber" wanted to vent the dryer into the attic. That is certainly not code, especially in SW Florida. 8. I paid Fixation for 12 (10 double, 2 single) windows last Nov. and was told in Feb. by the carpenter that all windows were too big for the openings. Fixation also ordered the wrong type of windows to begin with...the kind with flanges that are for new wood construction, not block. 9. Fixation had trusses delivered into the dirt which sat out for months getting moldy. Information on trusses said if stored beyond a week on ground, trusses should be put up on wood blocks. They stayed in the dirt. 10. Plywood was delivered way too early and sat on the ground for months with a light piece of plastic over it. The plastic blew all around and it definitely got wet. Fixation could have cared less whether or not it was covered. Why would you order plywood months in advance only for it to sit out in the weather when you can have it delivered in a day or two when ready for it? 11. Two doors were installed but only one works. 12. Two separate end windows were installed and neither opens properly. The flanges were sliced off in chunks to fit into the opening. 13. Fixation had the subs (carpenter and electricians) come out to do their job, and when they arrived, the job wasn't ready for them. There was no supervision or oversight. 14. Fixation also left a large garbage pile on the empty lot next door which required me to have it removed despite their claim of "white glove service". I had to clean up all the debris left around the foundation because Fixation didn't. 15. I asked several times for the 5% Angie's List coupon discount offered, but my question was always ignored. 16. Be wary of being told your job was bid at no profit....you might find on the permit the value of the job to be $10k less than quoted, as I did. 17. There were many other mistakes and problems due to lack of supervision and oversight. I am posting all of this because I hope others don't have to go through the same problems that I did. Don't just trust Angie's List reviews and make the same mistake I did. Do your homework (before signing anything) on the Lee County Gov website where you can look up a variety of records on a person.....all kinds of records. Demand a specified time frame for job start & completion. Ask for back-up receipts from sub-contractors to justify the charges on the bills. When I asked for them, I was told, "you're not going to micro manage me." Watch for the same items being billed on more than one invoice. When I saw something on a new invoice I had already paid for and pointed it out, Fixation then just changed the wording on the new invoice which somehow magically changed the price. Ask for a detailed contract with specified amounts for each part of the project. Be wary of any mention of doing projects for Veterans at no-profit, and "white glove service". I had to remind Fixation that I too am a Vietnam Veteran with a service-connected disability. And there's also a 10% senior citizen discount Fixation offers on Angie's List, never got that either. So, while he may have thought me unreasonable and unrealistic, I believe Fixation does not provide the type of service they sell with their words. I am left with a job half done. I haven't been unreasonable and unrealistic. I have been beyond patient after waiting over an entire year and the job still isn't done. I have been pushed to the point of frustration, anger, and disbelief. Now I'm left to deal with a job half way completed and some of the work that is done, is not up to code or operational.

Description of Work
Will update in the future and give all the details.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, doors, sunrooms

If your in business long enough you have to deal with unrealistic and unreasonable people at some point. Fixation Remodel and Restoration has an A grade on Angie’s List for a reason. We put our best into all projects.....

03/23/2019

Michael L.

Josh and his team were very professional and did a great job with construction of the wall. They made the wall and door match the rest of the home perfectly.

Description of Work
Added a 20ft wall with a door to divide my garage into two separate areas for storage.

Category drywall, remodeling, home & garage organization, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

02/07/2019

Martin W.

Drywall work finished and texture applied went well. Tile in bathroom looks great. Kitchens cabinets were relaminated and new doors installed. Great price and quality work. Definitely would recommend to everyone

Description of Work
Drywall work and baseboards bathroom fixtures install painting

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

01/28/2019

Marc C.

I hired Fixation to do a complete tear out and renovation of my bathroom. They were ALWAYS on the job, prompt, didn't over promise and provided a beautiful finished product. I will certainly use them again...

Description of Work
Complete bathroom renovation....

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

01/25/2019

Stephen H.

Took about 6 weeks to get this done but was worth the wait. The door seems to be good quality. The workers were competent and professional and considerate.

Description of Work
Replaced French Doors

Category remodeling, doors

10/24/2018

Dean F.

Josh was very professional. We had some minor water damage from several roof leaks. We needed a fast turnaround due to a quick closing on the property. The work was completed ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

09/27/2018

Matt M.

I've been rehabbing properties for 16 years. We had a project where a previous GC left us high and dry. I highly recommend Fixation. They were punctual, communicative, reasonably priced, gave great suggestions, and finished on time... this is practically unheard of in the construction world. Most GCs get one or two right but rarely are firing on all cylinders. Nice job Josh and David!

Description of Work
Finished a job left by another GC

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

09/26/2018

Melissa M.

Everything went well. The deck is beautiful.

Description of Work
re-screening back patio after hurricane Irma and building a wooden deck off of my existing patio.

Category decks, remodeling

04/24/2018

Russell K.

Josh was very professional and has done a fantastic job, very understanding and attentive to our needs. Will be using him again for future projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel shower tub tile work and plumbing

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

04/07/2018

marc G.

Josh and his team were very professional. When they started they put down a runner to keep everything clean. I had major damaged due to a leak within my walls. Josh told me his aim was to make everything like it was before the damage. He not only did that but did better. he brought over samples for my bathroom cabinets. I was able to upgrade everything in my bathroom for just a little more and it looks fantastic. He went above and beyond what I expected from him and his workers. His price was very fair for what he did and below other estimates I had.

Description of Work
remodel my bathroom , office, wood floors, cabinets, painting, sheetrock

Category custom cabinets, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, water damage restoration, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, floor cleaning

03/21/2018

Mike D.

Everything went great. Out repairs to the hard wood floor was perfect!

Description of Work
Had several items replace in a house we purchased in December.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling

03/21/2018

Amy C.

I reached out to Fixation after reading all the great reviews on Angie's List and I'm so thankful I did. They are professionals and take pride in the quality of their work. They went over and beyond in getting our house restored. The company owner Josh spent countless hours of his own time researching to find the materials to match what we had...many of which were no longer available for sale but he was able to track them down or find great alternate solutions. I would definitely recommend them and am hoping to use them for future restoration/remodeling projects. On a side note, they gave our dog so much love and affection that she fell in love with all of them so much she wanted to go home with them.

Description of Work
Restoration from water damage

Category drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, water damage restoration, home & garage organization, woodworking, interior painters

02/20/2018

Denise N.

Very professional while work was being done. Final results are beautiful. Very pleased with the quality of work. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Sliding door installed

Category remodeling, doors

12/18/2017

Debbie S.

Josh is very professional and also knowledgeable in what needs to be done and when. His crew is friendly and keep things tidy. It was a first time remodel for me didn't know what to expect but I am extremely pleased with the way everything turned out. Everyone loves the new look!!!!

Description of Work
Remodel on an old outdated rental home. New tile throughout. Gutted bathrooms and kitchen. Painted and patched inside and out. New light fixtures and appliances. Turned the old into new and beautiful!

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, decks, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, interior designers, remodeling, water damage restoration, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

12/18/2017

Debbie S.

Fixation did a fantastic roof replacement on my home. They took care of everything from getting the proper permits,meeting county codes and getting the inspections as needed. I would recommend Fixation for your roof damage. They protected my plants and kept the yard picked up from roof debris and nails.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

Category remodeling, roofing

12/13/2017

MP G.

We would not recommend Fixation Remodel. What should have been a straightforward master bath renovation, turned out to be an 8-week headache. We feel an honest review serves as a public service to prospective clients. We could get into great detail as we documented the reno from beginning to end, but for the sake of time - we'll keep it brief. The tile sub and plumber seemed totally inexperienced and their work reflected that. Corners were cut regularly. Time was lost having to redo, re-plumb, repaint, re-drywall, etc. Emails and texts went ignored. The job site was a mess - i.e. razor blades, screws, nails on the floor, garbage left at days end. Simple requests went unheeded. We were very clear with the GC that we were in fact dissatisfied and that quality and workmanship were most important to us. This wasn't a flip. It's our family home which we intend to live in with our children for many years. One month in and the tile grout was totally falling out, faucet loose and a live electrical outlet was found between the interior and exterior walls, along with cardboard (!!). This was a well planned and expensive investment. As a homeowner, you entrust the General Contractor to provide oversight, coordination and ensure quality. He never even did a final walk through with us. Eight weeks of strangers in and out of our home. Our personal and professional lives were impacted. Save yourself some aggravation and select someone who we think deserves your business.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Renovation

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/25/2017

DOUGLAS S.

I live in Minnesota and the work was done in Naples, Florida. Josh and his team did great work and finished on time without any need for me to visit Florida to oversee the project. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Restoration of kitchen, bathroom, and hallway after leakage from refrigerator waterline leaked. Included removing and rebuilding walls as well as reinstalling cabinets and trim. Installed new appliances.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration, woodworking, home remodeling

09/02/2017

Cynthia V.

Amazingly well. I was talked through every step of the work and Josh thouroughly explained every aspect of the work he did on my home. If there was any unexpected conflicts that arose I was made aware immediately. I will always recommend Fixation Remodel and Restoration to anyone.

Description of Work
Full home remodel, custom cabinetry.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, home & garage organization, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

08/31/2017

Brenda N.

It went great. Very happy with the results!!

Description of Work
Custom cabinets and shelving in a niche in our dining room.

Category remodeling