Keyed In LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2011

4401 Connecticut Ave NW Ste 257

Washington, DC 20008

Keyed In provides everything from commercial to residential locksmith services – such as re-keying, lock installation, and replacing locks and keys – to access control systems, security cameras, entry doors. security storm doors, garage doors, window bars and comprehensive security packages. Our professional technicians aspire to stay on the cutting edge of security innovation, enabling them to effectively upgrade security systems and create customized designs. DCJS License # 11-8123....

09/28/2020

Saundra H.

Very well. I will call them again to change the bottom lock.

Description of Work
I needed a lock changed at my front door.

Category locksmith,home security systems

10/15/2018

Matt H.

Work was done promptly and professionally. They showed up during their estimated window, provided a quote, and did the work on the spot. Fast and professional. Price was a little higher than expected.

Description of Work
Installed Old Specialized Deadbolt on New Door

10/09/2018

Gloria M.

Technician was prompt and efficient. However, after viewing prices for door reinforcement lock on Amazon, may have been a bit expensive.

Description of Work
Rekeyed 2 locks and installed door reinforcement lock on front door.

09/22/2018

Jo Ann R.

Fabulous! One of the best service experiences we’ve ever had. I called on a Monday afternoon, and the owner, Shai, said he’d be at our place on Wednesday during a two-hour window. He told me there would be no charge for coming and evaluating the problem, only for the work if we agreed to it. He arrived very promptly , removed the existing lock, said it would be easy to replace and that he had just the thing we needed on his truck. Within twenty minutes or so, we had a new lock with six keys. Moreover, Shai has the specifications in the computer, so if we need more copies we can call’. I cannot compare his price to any others, because nobody else could do it but I can tell you that we saved plenty by not buying that door, Shai was at all times courteous, professional, and efficient. I am delighted to recommend him.

Description of Work
We needed a replacement for a security lock on our front door; the key could not be rcopied because it was governmemt-issued for Vice President Hubert Humphrey when he lived in what is now our apartment. We got only three keys when we bought the apartment, and management had to keep one for emergencies, so we didn’t have a spare. We were told we should get a new solid-core door —very expensive.

Category locksmith,plumbing

07/26/2018

Lori J.

Great!! A complicated repair completed same day as I put in the call.

Description of Work
repair of a triple-lock mechanism on my patio door that had stumped the other locksmith (a well known brand) that I first tried.

06/27/2018

Robert M.

I highly recommend KeyedIn. Shay from KeyedIn was here less than an hour after I called. He was able to get the 60 year-old lock working again. He was also able to give me an estimate on the spot for replacing the lock and latches. KeyedIn's price was lower than 2 subsequent bids. We always use KeyedIn for small jobs and bid large jobs. They are prompt, professional and extremely efficient.

Description of Work
Repair of a security lock on the front door of a condo building.

06/26/2018

Emily D.

The dispatcher would not give me an estimate on this simple project and said they had to send out a tech to look at it. I let them know that I wouldn’t need their services.

Description of Work
I asked for a quote to re-key a single deadbolt with a thumb turn on the inside from an old Schlage deadbolt to a new Schlage deadbolt.

05/24/2018

Donald S.

Keyed In took advantage of an emergency situation with my garage door. My cars were stuck inside and the springs need to be replaced. I didn't realize how ridiculous the price they quoted me was until after the work was done. When I balked about the price they accused me of trying to weasel out the bill. I will never call them again.

Description of Work
Replace springs on my garage door

Category garage doors

03/14/2018

Michael O.

The work was well done and the workman was very pleasant. The price seemed a little high. The next time I will shop around a little more.

Description of Work
I had the locks changed

02/09/2018

Lucy-Ann V.

I felt really hoodwinked by the dishonest way Shay Knaani handled the entire process. I had bought my own locks from Amazon. Mr Knaani spent ages on a sales pitch for the Keyedin product and he was very impatient when I attempted to ask questions. Eventually convinced, I asked him what the Keyedin lock cost. Even though Mr Knaani knew the type of locks I had purchased from Amazon, which had 2 parts, he only quoted the price of one part - $450. Thinking he’d given me the equivalent price (the price of the 2 parts I’d requested he install), I agreed to him installing the locks since the price of each he had given me was only $150 more than the $300 I’d paid on Amazon - a fact I discussed at length with him. Upon handing over the invoice, and with him constantly asking “so how are you going to pay?”, barely giving me time to read the invoice properly, I thought the total was a lot higher than the $595 he’d initially requested to install my original 2 locks and the $900 for the 2 locks I’d purchased from him. Again, he showed great impatience in answering my questions. Our old lock had been broken by a previous installer who had replaced it after he had failed to install the locks I had purchased from Amazon so that we could not lock our front door and needed a replacement urgently. I was also very late for my next appointment as Mr Knaani had spent so much time on his sales pitch and, with his constant chant of “so how are you going to pay?”, I paid and he went ahead and installed the locks which only took him about 15 minutes for each lock. I later realized, when I had time to look at the invoice properly, that he had omitted to tell me the price of the second part of the locks and that his locks were actually twice the price ($605, not the $450 he’d quoted) I had paid for my locks from Amazon PLUS he had charged me for a completely new installation (for a door with no previous holes drilled) even though mine already had holes which only had to be adjusted slightly to accommodate the new locks Mr Knaani installed - evidenced by the 15 minutes he’d spent on each door. Had I known that the price of Keyedin’s locks were double the price of the locks I’d purchased on Amazon, which had great reviews, and that he was going to charge me for a new installation rather than for an installation with existing holes, I would never have gone with his option. I felt deceived and rushed and altogether cheated as I ended up paying $1889 instead of the $595 I would have paid had Shay Knaani given an honest explanation of his product and services. This review is the opposite of what I had expected to write given the great reviews I saw on Angie’s List. It is not the amount I paid that upset me so much as the dishonest way Mr Knaani and Keyedin went about earning it. To top it all one of the locks is not straight. I have complained to Keyed in but I never received a response from them. I will never deal with this company again and I must warn other consumers not to be rushed and to pay careful attention to the details of the invoice.

Description of Work
Installation of two locks to replace my old ones.

Category locksmith

Dear Member, We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Our team works hard to ensure customer satisfaction and we have examined this case in greater deal. It is our policy to ensure that our clients are fully informed about the products they have to choose from, along with the labor and cost associated with installation. We are aware that some of the services are pricey and do our best to not push them on any of our customers (to avoid buyers-remorse after a job has been completed). While it may have seemed that Shay was trying to sell you our products, he was informing you of all of the options you had to choose from, along with their costs. It is our understanding that you inquired about different options, as many customers do, and he presented you with several technical and price alternatives so that you could find one that was most fitting. It is our policy to give customers several options, which you were presented with (our system shows the different options you received). The customer is the one who chooses what, if any, services are to be performed. A price of a product never includes installation. Labor and materials are always priced separately. Whenever presented with a price for a product, kindly always remember that you will also need to pay for the labor to install it (the same goes for any product from any other manufacturer, Amazon included). Lastly, a signature on the invoice constitutes an agreement to a service. It also implies that you have read and understood all terms, conditions, and pricing prior to affirming your consent for the job. In essence, you have chosen and accepted the offer presented to you. It is our technicians' job to go over the Invoice Line Items to ensure you understand the full offer. The price of each product, labor, and any other miscellaneous items are clearly defined and the total cost is shown at the bottom. The labor charge is never priced per time period. There are technicians who are new and take longer to finish the job than more experienced technicians, like Shay, who has over 15 years of experience and tends to work fast. Kindly consider that we have no control over our customers' understandings but we do our best to explain line items in detail. A customer's understanding is affirmed by their signature on the invoice prior to the job. We agree with your recommendation to communicate with a technician if you feel rushed and to pay careful attention to the details of the invoice. Best, The Keyed In Team

Yates Automotive Inc

Washington Business Journal's 2017 Family-Owned Business Award. All auto repairs and services are performed by our trained technicians with careful attention to detail. Visit our site to request a quote or an appointment online.

Preferred Automotive Associates Inc

Preferred Automotive serves Rockville, Bethesda, North Bethesda, Garrett Park, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Potomac and the greater Washington D.C. areas. We offer a $50 first time customer discount because we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Please take a look at our customer reviews on Google Reviews , Demand Force Reviews and our web site to see how much we appreciate our customers. Preferred Automotive has earned the best reputation for auto repair in the Rockville, Bethesda, Potomac, Gaithersburg and greater Washington area by caring about the customer first. This may seem obvious, but in this day and age it is less common. We have always done the right thing (whatever that may cost us) and put integrity and honesty first. We have been fortunate to be recognized for 18 years by Washington Consumers Checkbook, Washingtonian Magazine and Carquest Autoparts (nominated Preferred Automotive as the best shop in America 6 years running) as doing the job right the first time with accuracy, honesty, and unparalleled customer satisfaction! Get $50 off your first visit with us.View Our Coupons Page Or, learn about or special Valvoline Promotions. We have the ability to handle everything from oil changes to tune-ups, tire rotations to four-wheel alignments, engine & transmission overhauls to complete replacements. We have a state of the art facility on and off line to support the latest problems with cars, trucks, and SUVs of all types including hybrids. With employees that attend ongoing training on a regular basis, and a staff that has been with us for an average of 18 years, we feel that if we take care of our employees, our customers will receive the benefit in the end. Award wining.

Hardware Hero LLC

Hardware Hero is a Computer and Network Maintenance and repair company. Providing timely, knowledgeable and efficient service for family, and business devices.

DPOR VA
    Board of Contractors
    05/31/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Locksmiths, Security Cameras, Entry Doors, Security Storm Doors, Window Bars, Welding, & Windows - Safety & Security Film, Access Control, Intercom Systems, Garage Doors.