Cleaning Connection Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2007

4.4

1084 Hope St

Stamford, CT 06907

The Cleaning Connection, Inc. is a Stamford, Connecticut based cleaning and restoration company. Located in Fairfield County for more than twenty-six years, it is your first choice for all of your cleaning and maintenance requirements. Customer satisfaction is a number one priority at the Cleaning

04/02/2015

Alejandra W.

Category house cleaning, air duct cleaning

02/05/2015

Jacqueline V.

I've been using them for years. Always reliable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
House Cleaning

10/28/2014

Andrew L.

07/17/2014

Kerstin O.

The crew was beyond fantastic. I called very last minute (day before) to get a crew in to clean the house before I moved in. They cleaned everything - the place looked and smelled beautiful - you just knew it was clean. They made the kitchen look like new, climbed to great heights to dust light fixtures, the bathrooms glistened. I can't say enough good things about the outcome. The crew was professional (all wore booties), had all their own equipment and was very organized - they knew what they were doing and they got it done.

Description of Work
Deep clean of a 5,000 sq ft home prior to my move in

06/27/2014

Richard J W.

Description of Work
cleaned all my windows and screens and sky lights. They did a great job.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning

06/18/2014

Carol Anne A.

They were fine and we would have used them but they were very expensive. The original cleaning was $350 or $400 and after that about $200 for every other week and that’s a lot. They seem very professional, very good and it was just financial. The extent of the work that they would do was a lot. They were thorough and good.

Description of Work
I had an estimate from Cleaning Connection Inc for house cleaning.

02/21/2014

Julia M.

They arrived 15 minutes late. I helped them lift the bed and then I left because I had to leave as arranged previously with the booker. When I returned the home was clean, however I was billed at three times the estimate. The work that was completed was satisfactory, no better no worse.

Description of Work
They were hired to do a very basic cleaning on my 1500 sq ft house. I live with my husband and have no children or pets so our home is really clean. We hired him for dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning of the bathroom. He claimed that it would take one hour and gave me an estimate of $126.00.

Category house cleaning

This is our response to {member name removed} whose letter is posted below. To date {member name removed} has failed to respond to our letter or anyone from the Angie’s List resolution team. We have placed her outstanding balance with our legal and collection advisers for collection. January 28, 2014 Mr. Mike Bell Invoice #29977 Cleaning Connection, Inc. 1084R Hope Street/PO Box 4505 Stamford, CT 06907 Mr. Bell: I am in receipt of your invoice for $340 to clean my two-bedroom, 1700 to 1800 sq. foot home, but as we discussed today, I agreed only to the estimate of $126, which is quite a difference. I told your booker, Drew, that I needed only dusting, mopping and two bathrooms cleaned, as I have no pets or children in the home, I keep the house very neat, and I required no laundry. I also told him that I needed to leave for an appointment shortly after 1:00, but given that I got your company’s name from Angie’s List, I felt there should be no problem and Drew agreed, assuring me that the team would be there by then and that I was in good hands with Jose, your head cleaner. While your team was 15 minutes late, they were very speedy from the start and seemed to be quite efficient, so I left quickly afterward, telling Jose that I needed the job to be done within the hour. Given that I thoroughly clean my house in 2.5 hours, I reasonably expected the four of them to finish the job within one-quarter of that time, and certainly within the one hour estimate. Therefore you can imagine my shock at being billed $340 for a routine housecleaning—this is more than double your estimate, to which I would never have agreed! Plus, you billed me $25 in fuel charges and tax, neither of which were even mentioned earlier in your telephone estimate nor agreed. And lastly, as I have no proof that your team was here for 2.5 hours and as I know how long it takes to clean my own house thoroughly, I told you there must be some mistake. After all this, your response was the most surprising of all, saying the square footage and neatness of the house were irrelevant to the job and yelling at me in a threatening tone! How then can you give a reliable estimate over the phone? While feeling I may need to alert the authorities, I nevertheless agreed to pay you $150 as a compromise. If you would like to accept this as payment in full for services rendered on 1/9/14, including any taxes or fuel charges, send me a new invoice for $150 total, which I will pay immediately, whether by check or by credit card. Otherwise, I will dispute any further charges by sending a copy of this letter to my financial institutions, Angie’s List, and the CT Attorney General’s Office if necessary. Sincerely, [member information removed] February 17, 2014 [member name removed] [member information removed] Dear Ms. [membe rname removed]: I received your letter dated January 28, 2014 and really don’t know where to begin to respond to the number of inaccurate and false statements you presented. I did however share your comment with the crew that they were “quite efficient”. To begin, and without completely parsing your letter my name is Michael Farrell not “Mike Bell”. I am the president of the Cleaning Connection, Inc. doing business in Fairfield County for more than twenty-five years. We are an excellent corporate citizen and we pride ourselves on providing a quality service at a competitive price. Your letter postdates our telephone conversation where you stated “Listen Bud” and then abruptly ended the conversation by rudely hanging up on me after I informed you “that my name is not Bud and that I am not your Bud”. I was not “yelling” or speaking to you in a “threatening tone”. In fact, I called you on three successive days in an effort to return your call leaving messages each time on your voice mail without a prompt response from you. In my opinion, you got angry when I shared information with you that you did not like, didn’t want to hear and in your frustration you abruptly ended the telephone call. My attempt when we spoke by telephone, before you hung up on me, was to listen to you and try to resolve your concerns. I’m in the business of making and keeping new customers not arguing with them and responding to their written letter. Again, I want to resolve this issue with you. I will not threaten you with the “need to alert authorities” or send copies of letters to “financial institutions, Angie’s List and the CT Attorney General’s Office”. However, I do want to present my position. I believe Drew, our estimator, stated correctly that we charge $126.00 per hour for a four person cleaning crew including materials, equipment and supplies. He confirmed with me he stated that to you. What I don’t believe is that he told you that the cleaning team would clean your house in only one hour. Especially in light of the fact that you were a new customer and it was the cleaning crew’s first time visiting your home. He confirmed this statement with me as well. I also believe and we can prove that Jose, our Supervisor and the crew were at your home performing cleaning services for 2.5 hours. Therefore, our estimate of $126.00 per hour with the crew cleaning 2.5 hours totals $315.00 plus tax and fuel. The amount we billed and you owe. In our telephone conversation, you stated to me that “the cost of the clean is more than what you make in a week”, I truly hope that is not the case, however, it is my firm belief that you are trying to avoid paying what you owe by distorting the true facts which you failed to present in your letter. Threatening our company and making false statements including that you “have no proof that your team was here for 2.5 hours” will not work. Conversely, can you prove that the crew was not there for 2.5 hours? Tell me how one proves a negative? The truth and my proof are based on the fact that each member of the crew confirmed with me the length of time they were at your home. Additionally, it is further supported by Jose’s completed daily job work ticket. You question, did it take the crew 2.5 hours to clean your home? My response, absolutely and that is the exact amount of time you were charged. What would your response be if the crew failed to thoroughly clean the kitchen, or a bedroom or the bathroom because they ran out of your one hour time limit? What if they failed to vacuum a carpet or damp mop a floor? Would you be happy or would you be calling to tell me your house was not properly cleaned and that you are upset and not paying? As for the “$25 fuel charges and tax” we charge a $5.00 fuel charge which is reasonable and customary and is stated on every invoice. As for the Connecticut State Sales Tax of 6.35%, we don’t charge it; we are legally responsible to collect it by statute. Let me ask, do you tell the sales clerk in the grocery store at check out that you won’t pay sales tax and only pay 44% of the cost of a loaf of bread or gallon of milk that you buy? Surely not! What makes you think you can “compromise” our fee and dismiss the tax liability for the work we performed; like the milk and bread you are required to pay its cost and the associated sales tax. In closing, your unilateral and arbitrary compromise to pay $150.00 is not accepted. In an effort to resolve this matter and as a courtesy, I will adjust the crew’s actual 2.5 hours down to 2.0 hours and waive the fuel charge. The adjusted invoice (enclosed) totals $268.00. Please pay the amount you owe on or before February 28, 2014. Thank you. Sincerely, M.T. Farrell NOTE: This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

01/09/2014

Susan K.

They were really good. I like their price and professionalism. They do excellent work. They do excellent work. They are reliable.

Description of Work
We use the housecleaning services of Cleaning Connection.

10/12/2013

stefanie C.

i called for a quote the representative was very professional and informative. we are still thinking about using this company.

Description of Work
gave us a quote for cleaning. they send 4 people at $36 an hour. pretty competitive pricing for the area.

05/18/2013

Lori M.

The people that did the work were nice. They did a good job but I dont think 4 were working the whole time. You cant fit the four of them in either of my bathrooms.

Description of Work
Cleaned. It took 4 people to clean 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, a living room and a dining room in a small house 3 hours and $450.

04/25/2013

PAT M.

I liked him.

Description of Work
They cleaned my windows.

01/23/2013

Peter H.

nothing to tell they came in the morning and left in the afternoon---they're heating ducts not a lot to tell here.

Description of Work
They did the duct cleaning and they were prompt and efficient and the price was very fair. We've know them for years. They did the house cleaning for a we elderly couple,who were a client of my wife's. I only mention that because I know they have a number of satisfied clients.

Category house cleaning, air duct cleaning

01/22/2013

stephen F.

Cleaning connection's service is very professional. They are flexible and responsive. The cleaning crew is efficient and thorough.

Description of Work
Housecleaning.

11/19/2012

Catherine L.

Very happy with this company

Description of Work
Very professional. Will use them again

11/05/2012

Raj P.

The original foreman was not organized and the crew did not clean the house thoroughly. They had to send another team and I had to watch them like a hawk to make sure they did the job.

Description of Work
for a 1600 sq ft house they charged way too much. I fought with them to come back a second time because they didnt do a good enough job the first time.

Category carpet cleaners

11/10/2010

RITA M S.

These guys were great! They were patient and responsive to all of my questions, accommodated my scheduling requirement, arrived on time and finished sooner than estimated . All at a good price. When they finished, as there was still time left in the day, I asked them if they could do the same cleaning procedure to the three landings and two sets of stairs, which they did without charging me extra! This was a specialized cleaning job but I would not hesitate to use them for any of the other types of cleaning services that they offer.

Description of Work
The Cleaning Connection was called in prior to the leasing out of two apartments in an old building. The apartments were HEPA vacuumed (carpets, floors, walls, windows and ceilings), an air scrubber was present and operational during the process, the walls. ceilings, window frames, sills and wells were damp wiped and checked against the EPAA defined cleanliness standards and regulations. They issued me a certificate stating the above and that their firm is certified to accomplish the protocols established by RRP (renovation and painting program) regulations and the thorough cleaning verification procedure to insure minimizing any exposure to lead based paint hazards was accomplished.

Category carpet cleaners, house cleaning, window cleaning, lead paint removal

12/09/2009

David L.

I called them, and 3 guys came out the next day and went right after the whole thing. It was a complicated job, but they had the right understanding of the problem and the right equipment. They did a very good job. They did it for exactly what they said would and when they said they were going to do it.

Description of Work
I used The Cleaning Connection Inc. They did air duct cleaning for me.

Category air duct cleaning

10/01/2009

anne M.

This company cleaned our house prior to us moving in. Although the final cost was well over the estimate given on the phone, the owner of the company was very responsive to my concern and negotiated the invoice with me. However, when I scheduled a routine cleaning, I voiced my concern with him about the overage from the first time. I asked for a refined estimate, now that his team had cleaned our house before, which he provided to me. Imagine my surprise when the invoice for this cleaning arrived and it was 50% over the estimate given (again) and well, well over what I would consider to be a reasonable amount to clean our home. I am paying this invoice, but I will probably not use this company again.

Description of Work
Our house received a routine (non-move-in or move-out) cleaning.

05/28/2009

Robert E.

The dispatcher answered my call promptly and we were scheduled within 30 seconds. On the day scheduled three people arrived on time, they left 2.5 hours later. The place was spotless. I didn't have to watch over them to assure they did their job. They just did it. It cost a little more than anticipated because they came down to NYC from Conn. and there was travel time costing an additional $45. I'd use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned a small two beroom, one bath apartment.

01/12/2009

TINA K.

I decided to use another company, but everything went fine.

Description of Work
I called them to clean my home.

01/06/2009

ALISON F.

There used to be these two firemen that used to do window cleaning when they were off duty, but one of them must've moved and the number I had wansn't good anymore, so I had to find someone else. I knew that when I called a company it was going to be more money, but this was maybe four times of what I was used to paying. It may be the going rate, it just seemed a little expensive to me. They sent a lot of people is what is was, six people came to do the work, and I thought that was kind of silly to be honest. They had two supervisors and four people working, which was kind of overkill, and I kind of felt it was because of where I live more than anything else. I thought they did a good job, I just felt that they were over priced. Between all of the workers they spent 42 man hours doing the work, and thats too many. They were professional, nice people, and I was very happy with the work that they did.

Description of Work
I used The Cleaning Connection to clean my windows. I have a lot of windows, most of them are four panel windows, so all together there are probably 50 windows and 6 sliding glass doors.

11/17/2008

AMY G.

They were ok, not particularly thorough, just middle of the road as far as cleaning services goes. The woman was very nice however.

Description of Work
They cleaned for me 1 time.

10/29/2007

LESLIE C.

They were very good, they were reliable, and they sent the same crew every week. They showed up on time, they were honest, they were very careful and they really cleaned everything. I was at home when they did the work, but I know other people who would just give them a key. They are expensive, but I don't know how they compare to others as I don't usually have this service. I believe they charge $28 per person per hour, but I am not totally sure of that figure.

Description of Work
They cleaned my house for a month when our housekeeper was not available. The job involved cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms, dusting and vacuuming, but no laundry. Our house is large with five bedrooms and six bathrooms. They had a crew of three who came for three hours.

Diane Cassoli Cleaning

CT POWER WASHING LLC

CT Power Washing offer a wide range of Power Washing services specializing in exterior power washing. We service the entire state of Connecticut. We have the over 18 years experience and the dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Power Washing services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

JL cleaning

Bedroom, Living Room & Common Areas Dust all accessible surfaces Wipe down all mirrors and glass fixtures Clean all floor surfaces Take out garbage and recycling Wash and sanitize the toilet, shower, tub and sink Dust all accessible surfaces Wipe down all mirrors and glass fixtures Clean all floor surfaces Take out garbage and recycling Kitchen Cleaning Dust all accessible surfaces Empty sink and load up dishwasher with dirty dishes Wipe down exterior of stove, oven and fridge Clean all floor surfaces Take out garbage and recycling Extras For a deeper clean, consider adding one or more cleaning extras. Most cleaning extras add one half hour of time and cost to your booking. Inside cabinets Inside fridge Inside oven Laundry wash & dry Interior windows

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential, commercial & industrial, house cleaning, window cleaning, floor finishing, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, fire restoration, pressure washing, air duct & vent cleaning, dry ice blasting, mold remedation, rotary shampoo, steam extraction, milliken's capture, host dry cleaning, water damage restoration, carpet & fabric protection, drapery cleaning.