Excalibur Construction

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2011

Excalibur Construction is a fully licensed and insured company that offers an honest, reliable hardworking and knowledgeable team to manage and execute your construction and renovation projects. We are confident in our abilities and experts in sharing our knowledge. We are passionate about what we do, we work hard to better our performance and educate ourselves daily to please our growing number of satisfied customers. We give no excuses. ​Your home is the most important and expensive investment; trust it to an attentive company who will take care of your home like their own. Our vast experience in Home Improvement, allow us to offer a solid knowledge and understanding of the issues your home deals with. we can answer any question about your home and resolve any concern. "For us, there are ​no problems, only solutions" is our motto. Our passion for building and renovating, drives us forward and our pride shows through in our quality work and great craftsmanship.​ ​Our highly skilled team can complete small to large construction projects and an array of different interior and exterior renovations to meet individual's concept and design. We thrive on constantly satisfying homeowners needs and always exceed their expectations. trust in us to perform and create your vision. We will make your dream home a reality If you are thinking about a renovation project for your home, please contact us. 203-887-2691 or 203-684-8230 Thanks....

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

roofing (52)siding companies (7)house painting (28)interior painting (19)general contractors (19)home remodeling (16)drywall (16)woodworking (15)plumbers (10)decks & porches (10)tile installation (10)gutter repair (9)

11/11/2021

Bernadette M.

Great. Finished product done in a timely fashion. Cleanup was immaculate

Description of Work
Soffit replacement

Category contractors, siding

Work Completed On 10/23/2021

10/28/2021

Kim D.

Leo and his crew completed several projects in my home and each one was done to my satisfaction. Excalibur Construction is timely, thorough, neat and provide attention to detail. I highly recommend Excalibur Construction and will hire again for any future home project.

Description of Work
Backsplash, replace exterior doors, front porch and front upper deck carpentry, minor plumbing repair

Category countertops, decks, plumbing, doors

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

10/27/2021

Lindsay H.

My project involved a full kitchen and bathroom renovation in my 100+ year old house. It came with all the challenges of an older home, complete with uneven walls and floors, original plaster, and strangely shaped rooms / layout. Leo was very attentive, detail oriented, and always wanted to be sure I was happy with the decisions needed. I never felt like he was trying to upsell me or increase the scope of the project for his own gain. Along the way there were things I added to the scope, but he was always helpful in deciding what was needed or made sense to do vs. something not needed or that might be overinvesting. He was very diligent and detail oriented in all aspects of the job. The project involved leveling and sheet rocking walls and ceilings, new tile throughout the bathroom, new tub, installation of shower doors, removal of an exterior window (and residing exterior to cover the area, which was done seamlessly), new sinks, vanity, mirrors, and fixtures, and a slew of other details I’m probably leaving out. It was a challenging space and came out great! Much of the same was needed in the kitchen, but it also included new cabinets, counters, backsplash, and framing out a very weird wall so the cabinets and appliances would make sense and be even. He also painted all of rooms and left the house clean and beautiful. He was always polite and trustworthy. I would definitely recommend him and hire him again for another similar project in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodeling

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2020

10/25/2021

Laura S.

We're thrilled with the work Leo and his team at Excalibur Construction did to create a beautiful bathroom out of an outdated laundry space. Leo has an impressive range of skills, and is a a kind and trustworthy person. The project was started in early March of 2020 and at my request, was paused for several months due to Covid shut down. Leo was flexible with this interruption and although he was extremely busy when we asked to begin again, he made the time and followed Covid-safe work practices. We live in an old house and there was extensive preparation - foundation work and window moving. Leo kept us informed on these developments and was transparent in how these impacted timing and pricing. His project spanned plumbing, electrical work, framing, tile work, and shower door installation. Leo paid attention to each detail and offered thoughtful design suggestions. The finished bathroom is beautiful; form and function are perfect.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

Review for Excalibur Construction - 65 1st Ave, New Haven, CT - 39520396

10/19/2021

Scott F.

Initial work was done on time and on budget. During the project, additional leaks were found and these were repaired at a reasonable rate with the same crew. Can't recommend Leo and his team highly enough.

Description of Work
roofing repairs

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

02/23/2021

thomas F.

Terrific. Alway does a great job. Very capable.

Description of Work
He has helped us renovate 3 homes in the last 18 years

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

09/11/2020

Erik L.

Leo and his team did an outstanding job for me (again). I hired Excalibur several years ago to refinish my wood floors and they did such a good job that I reached out to them again to do tackle some larger projects. The attic is outstanding and serves as our new office and our old garage has been rehabilitated - no more leaks! His team was professional and were more than willing to wear masks while working in our home due to the ongoing pandemic. I'm looking into a kitchen remodel down the road and will be reaching out to Leo and Excalibur once again to help with that!

Description of Work
Remodel Attic for office use and rahab an old garage

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Review for Excalibur Construction - 65 1st Ave, New Haven, CT - 38867389

09/10/2020

Zane A.

Leo and his team were thoughtful, covid-safe, and communicative. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Interior carpentry

Category contractors, drywall, fireplaces, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

09/09/2020

Jesse B.

Leo and his team at Excalibur do exceptional work, I’ve used them before and would use them again. Leo always goes the extra mile to make sure i’m happy with the work.

Description of Work
Roofing, Sheet rock, Painting, Framing.

Category decks, drywall, picture framing, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

07/30/2020

Craig G.

The deck came out beautifully. I'm very happy with the finished product. Leo and his crew were excellent! Everything was clean and picked up when they were finished. I would definitely hire Excalibur Construction, plc again!

Description of Work
Built deck for pool

Category contractors, decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

05/02/2019

Kim D.

Leo was extremely easy to work with. His pricing was reasonable. He was very thorough, diligent and committed. He clearly communicated the scope of the project. The end result was better than I could imagine. I can’t wait to book Leo for my next home improvement!

Description of Work
Kitchen tile removal and replacement

Category ceramic tile, roofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

03/20/2019

Joachim H.

Leo did not show up for the agreed estimate meeting in the morning. Late afternoon he sent a text message that he was sorry he could not come. He also stated that a burn injury (sent picture of a hand) happened to him that day. He asked to reschedule. We rescheduled for the following week and he promised to be there at the rescheduled time. Again, he did not show up, apologized the NEXT day and ask to reschedule once more. Gave him a third chance and got another empty promise "I'll be there". He didn't show up for the third time. Judge for yourself....

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 03/19/2019

I had an accident and burn my hand and my arm very bad. Which let me incapacitated for a while, trying to keep up with customers has been more complicated than what I expected.

01/31/2019

John O.

I was provided with a written estimate and detailed description of the work to be performed. Leo was able to schedule the work within a week and completed the job in one day. The resulting product looks very neat and the work area was left clean.

Description of Work
Repair chimney flashing

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

10/18/2018

Bruce E.

Very nice job. Leo is very courteous and friendly. His employees were the same.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

08/14/2018

Matt M.

My experience with Leo at Excalibur Construction was great from start to finish. I hired Leo to remodel our bathroom after getting 4 quotes; his was the lowest quote and he also seemed seemed to have the best grasp of what we were trying to do. He broke down the costs by item and explained everything in detail, and also collaborated with me to make sure we were on the same page. He was very responsive through text and active in sending ideas back and forth to work through any design challenges before getting started. Before he started construction we discussed a time constraint I had which only gave a small window of time to get the job done. He promised it would be done by a specific day and he was true to his word. The actual construction process was very smooth. I trusted Leo enough to make sure he had a key to the house so he could work even when we weren't home, and this allowed him to get things done in a timely manner. The interactions he had with me and my wife (and also my dogs) were always extremely professional and polite, which was important since we were in somewhat close quarters while he was working. In addition to this, any questions I had while he was not there were quickly responded to via text or phone call. A few unexpected snags came up during construction as always seems to happen with old houses (supports in unexpected places, faulty existing wiring, tight crawl spaces etc), but Leo was able to quickly adapt to the issues that came up and found creative ways to work around them. Even with these speedbumps he was still able to finish on time and on plan. Ultimately the final outcome was exactly what we had asked for, and it turned out beautifully. Not only does Leo work efficiently, but he is also a master of his craft. I am very happy we went with him and will certainly look to hire him again in future when other projects arise.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

08/02/2017

Joe T.

Ronnie and Carlos did fantastic work. I have another project planned and will review it separately.

Description of Work
House painting with trim repair.

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

12/08/2016

MAIRIM P.

He was quick in responding and accommodating with my busy schedule. Some one came to look at the problem and then we scheduled for someone to do the work. Very courteous and professional. And got the job done really well.

Description of Work
Squirrels were getting on to the soffit and Excalibur found the opening, covered it and installed some missing soffit.

Work Completed On 12/04/2016

10/21/2016

Conrad T.

They followed up with a visit to the house to review and provide proposal and then went dark. No follow through. I emailed a follow up to them through Angie's list and no response.

Description of Work
Gutter repair, new gutter and some drywall work

Category contractors, gutter repair

Work Completed On 09/05/2016

I apologize to this customer, but we were too busy at the time and when we answer back to him it was already too late. I have to admit that it took me longer than usual to put together his estimate.

09/26/2016

Natalie C.

Excalibur did a fantastic job. I was initially concerned because the owner, who had done the estimate, was out of the country, but he was totally reachable the entire time, and his foreman, Ronnie, was great. In fact, the entire crew were really nice guys and did a very thorough job -- they even offered to help me with other projects I was working on around the house, and they helped out a neighbor who needed to put some sealant on her roof! It's not often that even your neighbors are pleased with your contractors; one of them even hired Excalibur to paint her porch because she saw what a good job they were doing on my house. All in all a good experience... Excalibur isn't the cheapest in town, but they earn their money and are very anxious to make sure the homeowner is pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of the entire house, including foundation.

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

07/31/2016

Elaine B.

Responded promptly and did a good job. Seemed to be priced competitively. Good work and pleasant to deal wiith

Description of Work
Painting the house

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

07/26/2016

Richard S.

The crew did a very professional job replacing the wall and repairing the floor under the front door. The crew was young, but experienced. They had all the tools necessary to replace the wall, which included heavy jacks and supports. They were on time, courteous, and cleaned up the areas better then how they found them. They worked very well together and worked out problems as a team. I got quotes from other contractors and they were the best price. Not cheap, but they did the job in the time they said it would take and didn't tag on any extras.

Description of Work
Replace wall damaged by termites and replace floor and joints under front door.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, picture framing, roofing, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/26/2016

07/21/2016

Tyler Z.

Leo was very responsive, even though he was out of the country for most of the time I talked to him. The guy he sent out was knowledgable, on time, and very pleasant to work with. We even went up on the roof together to look for where the potential problem was (we were getting water in somewhere.) I was very pleased with how the roof job came out, and Leo subsequently gave me a quote for replacing the planks of a three story deck off the back of a townhouse. Prices were very reasonable and they did a great job on both projects. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Small roof replacement and three level deck plank replacement

Category contractors, decks, roofing