Greene Moving & Storage

Founded 1988 • With Angi since August 2006

185 Adams St

Manchester, CT 06042

Greene Moving & Storage is a full-service mover providing local and long-distance moving services for household, business and institutional clients. Greene Moving & Storage company provides service to Connecticut, Maine and New York City. Customized estimates are provided for both local and long distance moves by having a professional move consultant come to your home to conduct a move inventory and create a no-obligation price quote....

06/21/2019

Warren N.

In an industry that sees its share of terrible experiences, I would rate our moving experience with Greene Moving & Storage as excellent.

Description of Work
Intrastate move of contents of 4 BR single family home.

Category moving companies,delivery service

11/29/2017

Woodstock P.

The 4 person team did a great job and would definitely hire the company again!

Description of Work
We needed a 6 person office moved out to renovate and moved back in after renovation.

09/19/2017

Greg V.

It went great! The only thing that bothered me was that some large items were carried in a hurried manner that didn't look safe. For example I have a moderately heavy coffee table that I've always moved with two people but a single mover picked it up and carried it in front of him / on his chest. It made it in safely, but this felt risky and on top of that there were things inside the coffee table that I had left there because I didn't think the table would get flipped around that could have been damaged from this manouver. Like I said, nothing was damaged, and they certain worked hard and were very efficient, so maybe it was safer than it looked, it just made me nervous.

Description of Work
Moving out of state

04/27/2015

Deborah A.

The crew was prompt, courteous and very professional. Also very personable and friendly. These guys work hard and earn their money! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Moved household items from 2 storage locations to our home. Total distance was approximately 25 miles.

02/03/2015

Ellen B.

fantastic, courtesy, quick, profess

Description of Work
helped pack, moved all my stuff from one house to another, helped organize in new house

11/25/2014

patrice S.

The movers (gorillas) broke, scratched, & dented just about everything. The packers were cool (they packed the kitchen). I contacted the company and. They refunded $350, but as I unpack, I'm finding damaged items. I'm writing this after noticing the scratches on my late mother's mahogany dresser. I read a review saying they were great, but I'm guessing the great movers have moved on. One of the movers, Troy, rudely told me "we're movers, not packers." This was as I was packing up my CDs, which I was told would be shrink wrapped and could stay in the cabinet. My next move will NOT be with this company. Ellen (I think that's her name) was very sympathetic and asked how much monetary damage was done, and we settled on $350. In retrospect, it should have been 4x that amount. I moved from Marlborough to Newington...cost...$2200. Outrageous

Description of Work
Moved me from Marlborough to Newington.

11/19/2014

Gerry G.

Seems to me that a disassembled sofa bed that was moved in without incident by two professional undertakers (up the same fire escape) could be moved out the same way by professional movers. The rip/snag that I found after the fact was large, L-shaped, and marked by some white dusty substance encountered along the way exactly as made in transit. Sofa bed in question, contrary to their description in trying to discourage Salvation Army's acceptance, was made by "Work Bench", therefore practically immortal though older. Two/three Salvation Army employees had said they would accept. Greene said they would only go back for it at full hourly rate ($155). Then there was the glass scented oil container they broke in the building front hall, leaving glass and oil everywhere for me to clean up later. I do not expect any compensation, since dishonest or not I signed but lost my tax deduction and a useful item was destroyed. I have a picture on cell but not the technical skills to transmit. Greene Moving and Storage in Manchester, CT has phone number 1-800-343-5502.

Description of Work
Moved several large items down a fire escape as requested. Concealed damage to item until after completion, rushed proceedings and otherwise impeded until customer was persuaded to sign inaccurate release. Said they would attempt to donate item at my behest, then when every thing was ready to go and I asked, said they were leaving sofa bed on curb. Decided not to question because of hourly rate and their assertion that Salvation Army wouldn't take it.

Category hauling services,moving companies

[member name removed], I am sorry your experience with Greene Moving was not up to standards. I spoke with the moving crew and they explained that since the sofa was just going to the curb they did not want to waste time prepping it to just be placed out for bulk pick up, hence the rip and snag since it wasn't shrunk wrapped. Please accept my apology that you were not happy with your experience. Sincerely, Patrick Greene

09/29/2014

Laura B.

It went great. They were very good.

Description of Work
They didn't do any packing but they moved our things.

09/29/2014

Grant M.

We decided to go with another mover only because a friend's friend who is also a mover became available at the last minute and we decided to go with him instead. Based on our contact with this company we would recommend them to anyone who needs a mover.

Description of Work
This was just an interview of Greene as a possible mover. Patrick did such an impressive job that I thought I should tell everyone that this seems to be a very classy outfit.

08/05/2014

Carolyn E.

Very responsive when I first contacted company. Worked with me to find appropriate dates. Everything went well except the actual move. Two boxes had broken items. One of the boxes had expensive crystal and more than 1/2 of the items were broken. The box was obviously dropped. It was labeled fragile and all the items were well wrapped. The other box had few items in it and may not have been adequately padded given this so I am partially responsible, but it was also labeled fragile. In addition a box with some valuable items can not be located among those moved. I am not blaming anyone, but I am very concerned that it is missing. No one else has had access to the boxes. As a result I can't recommend these movers. If you use them, move your own fragile items. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Description of Work
Moved boxes and furniture from one home to another.

Category hauling services,moving companies

CT Moving and Storage

We are a moving & storage company that offers all the services that include climate controlled storage, packing services, and more. ☎ at 800-552-3478 today. From start to finish, we work to provide you with top-notch services and unbeatable results. Each of our team members is clean-cut, honest, and hardworking. They will respect you, your belongings, and your needs. Our moving company maintains clean and well-equipped trucks. As one of the most respected moving companies in CT, we know working with a moving company can be a nightmare, so we work to make your experience like a dream.

Haul Of Fame Movers

Haul Of Fame Movers is locally owned and operated out of the Springfield MA area. We offer moving services and our Number 1 priority is safety! We make sure your items are delivered safely and securely. Call us for an estimate today!

The Right Choice Multi-Service Pros

With over 25 years of experience in all phases of Full Service Moving, providing the best service possible is our goal each and every time we are hired for service. We take pride in our 5 star ⭐️ rating to give YOU 5 star ⭐️ service no matter how big or small the move is!

Offers by The Right Choice Multi-Service Pros on Angi
    Delivery Service
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Moving, storage, packing & unpacking.