Christian Brothers Moving and Storage

Founded 2009 • With Angi since September 2010

3.9

3685 S Kalamath St

Englewood, CO 80110

Family owned and operated, Christian Brothers Moving and Storage is Colorado's trusted commercial and residential moving & storage specialists. We use only trained movers to provide the most professional moves at the most attractive rates in Colorado & Texas. Each and every Christian Brothers mover is courteous, knowledgeable, and accountable. Christian Brothers is now pleased to announce we offer full service INTERSTATE MOVES. Call us to schedule a FREE QUOTE and to learn more about our unique, and affordable, white glove delivery service. In addition, we have a brand-new, state of the art, climate-controlled warehouse for those in need of storage. Whether you're moving across the street or across the country, we look forward to earning your business....

05/03/2022

Brian A.

The best thing I can say for them is they were fast. I should have known when they showed up at my door smelling like they just left a Grateful Dead concert. They took little care of our possessions. We even marked the boxes we packed and the items we did not pack, and they still ended up wherever they put them. Food and dishes in the garage, office supplies and files in the kitchen, and we are still trying to find some of the bedding and linens. We have moved our household a few times, and they were without a doubt the worst experience we have had. Avoid at all costs.

Description of Work
Moving household within Colorado

Category moving companies

We are very apologetic that this customer was not satisfied with their move but they have never once brought this to our attention. We moved them, and have not heard a word since. We just ask that if you have any complaints to notify us immediately and we will rectify the situation. Or if your move has been completed and you are not satisfied to please call so that we can try to find an appropriate resolution. In an instance such as this we would have sent a crew to move the items around to where he needed them. As far as the paraphernalia insinuation, we certainly do not tolerate this and are very surprised to hear this comment. If informed we would have taken immediate action.

10/14/2021

Hayes B.

I’m not in the habit of writing negative reviews but my experience with Christian Brothers Moving & Storage, Inc. was so bad that I'm doing so with the hope of helping others avoid a similar experience. I hired them to pack and move me approximately 6 miles. I sustained over $10K in damage to my belongings and the cost of the move was nearly double their original quote. They didn’t even bother to come to my house to inventory the items before the move. Day 1 their packers arrived an hour and a half late (I was billed from the original start time), they dumped my belongings into boxes without protection and with total disregard for either monetary or sentimental value. They broke and threw away things without telling me. They left at noon for lunch and didn’t come back until 1:30PM, all for which I was billed. They announced at 2:30PM that their day was almost over and didn’t finish packing before they left. Day 2 the movers arrived a half hour late, they ran out of room on the trucks, and left me to move the remainder of the house on my own (it took me over 8 trips with my SUV filled to the brim to transport everything they left behind). They ran out of time to complete the move that day. So, I watched the movers drive away with my belongings not knowing when I would get them. The office staff leaves at 5PM sharp and there is no after hours support. I had to wait until the next day to find out when my things would be delivered. Insult to injury, their employees refused to wear masks, in the height of the pandemic, causing them to be escorted out of my new building by management. They said they would send a qualified furniture repair person to fix any damage from the move. They sent a 20 year old boy with a touch-up pen. He left and went to Ace Hardware to try to source the lost pieces from several tables without success. He returned with a package of silicone discs and some superglue which he handed to me saying that when I source the missing parts I could use the superglue to install them myself. Christian Brothers Moving & Storage, Inc. is a train wreck waiting happen. They don’t deserve to be in business and they certainly don’t respect people's belongings. They hide behind their contract as if it gives them right to act however and do whatever they please. If you care about your belongings do yourself a favor and find a different moving company!

Description of Work
Pack and Local Move (6 miles)

Category moving companies

This is a highly inaccurate assessment of what occurred. But we do take full responsibility for the inadequate packing of some of this customer's boxes. We also informed this customer that if anything was damaged due to this packing service that we would take immediate action. All of the packers on this job were informed that this was not okay with they had to go through extensive training before being able to go on another pack. This customer was offered the option to have an in-home estimate. All of our customers are allowed this option. This customer's problem occurred because she alerted us the day before her move that we had to be finished by a certain time. We informed her we would do our absolute best. If any of our customers need this we just ask that you provide us with notice so that we can accommodate this request. We were not able to finish in the time constraint. The following day was a fully booked day and we were still able to move around our schedule to get another crew out to this customer's home in order to finish the job. We were also not made aware that we would need to wear masks. This is something we will ALWAYS do if requested. We just have one mover who has a health problem which inhibits him from wearing a mask while conducting a strenuous activity like moving into an apartment building with stairs. This customer was also made completely aware that we would happily take a second trip to get the rest of her belongings. This makes your bill come out far cheaper than adding a second truck. She refused to allow them to do so. Our furniture repairman is not "a kid" he is a professional and does amazing work. We even reached out to her after he came out to ensure that she was satisfied and she did not respond. She charged back her entire move and lost twice. This then went to mediation where she paid more than what her bill was because with the actual proof of what happened with this move, anyone can see that we went above and beyond for her. She did not pay for late time or lunches.

05/03/2021

Michele R.

A.J. Hamilton and Leauandrea were great movers. They arranged the boxes great in our new place. They also gave us this great tip to empty all of the wardrobe boxes while they were moving stuff in to save a lot of room. Worked great!

Description of Work
Moving from house to second floor apartment

03/30/2021

Nate B.

From the start, Christian Brothers Moving was great to work with! My first call was with Sabrina. She answered all my questions and got me a quote within an hour. We setup the move for March 26th and were going to store our belonging in their warehouse. With the crazy hot real estate market in Denver, plans changed 4 days before the move. We found a house and were able to move in very quickly. I called Christian Brothers and asked if they could take our belongings to a house vs their warehouse. I also asked if they could move some stuff out of a storage locker as well. They said they could accommodate both requests. There was a small change in the quote, due to the extra stop at the storage locker. The day before the move, Christian Brothers contacted me to verify all the info, time, and addresses. The morning of the move, AJ called me and said they were heading our way. He also asked if we needed any last-minute boxes or other items. Once they arrived, AJ introduced the team (Joey, Jeremiah, and Alex), explained that they were employees of Christian Brothers (not day workers), went over the paperwork, clearly stated what they could and couldn’t move (propane tanks, chemicals, firearms\ammo), then asked for a tour of the house. In each room, the team asked questions about items moving\staying. We were told to take it easy and not help. They were here to do the move for us. Then they got to work. They protected the big items and shrink-wrapped items not in boxes. Within a few hours, the house was packed. They went to the storage locker and cleaned that out as well. When they got to the new house, AJ asked if someone would sit next to the front door and direct where boxes went. They set up our beds, table, desk, and hutch as well. At the end of the day the team had worked 9.5 hour and the quote was for 10 hours. AJ added everything up and the total bill was lowered to 9.5 hours of work. This was the easiest move I had ever done! Next time my family moves, we will call Christian Brothers moving and recommend them to anyone needing to move.

Description of Work
Move a 3 bedroom house

03/22/2021

Jason C.

Jesus and Lawrence did a great job. The were fast but looked after our things with no damage. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moving furniture

12/16/2020

Jamie C.

Awesome moving company. They packed our house in Colorado, stored our items at their facility until we found a house in Tennessee then brought our items to our new house and unloaded our items very quickly. I would highly recommend. Jose - our driver - was AWESOME

Description of Work
Cross country move

09/10/2020

Amy B.

We were charged for the time it took the foreman to go rent a truck because they don't have a fleet. Movers were at our house for less than 4 hours but we were still charged for 6 hours. Our VERY expensive furniture was damaged but company refused to pay more than $200 which we had to beg for. They did not return a single call - we had to call them continuously and ask what the status of our claim was. It is going to cost us a lot more than $200 to repair our furniture. There are deep gouges in our bed frame - not scratches. Gouges! They broke our grill completely and didn't even bother to try to put it back together. The foreman had the nerve to ask for a tip, stating that they are a "Five star company trying to get five star reviews". There was nothing "Five star" about this experience.

Description of Work
Long distance moving

Category moving companies

We are very sorry to hear this customer was so unsatisfied. We do not charge for the rental of a Penske. We do have our own fleet for in state moves, however, we have a partnership with Penske for our interstate moves so that our customer's are only paying to drive their belongings one way rather than there and back. This customer was only charged the estimated amount of 6 hours to load her Penske. If the customer ever feels the time is incorrect we immediately check the trucks to ensure our customers are properly charged. Damages are always handled on a case by case basis. We do agree to always pay $200 for furniture repair but it's dependent upon the damage that occurred.

01/24/2020

Cindy M.

I loved the guys who came and moved us out of our house they were fast and supper carful with our belongings However we stored our furniture and when I called they reassured me that the same guys would come and unfortunately it was a totally different team THEY WERE AWFUL!!!!! I am not sure how you can go from one extreme to the next but it was!! I had so many issues they broke fountains broke the glass on my china hutch, snow blower handle ripped off, chunks of wood missing off my dresser, missing side rails to our master bed that is king size so very large pice of wood! Later they did find it however we had to go get it they always keep rescheduling. also lost our dolly, fountain piece, tent, and hose real. They also put huge scratches on walls moving my furniture in! I would not recommend they at all!!!

Description of Work
moving and storage

Category moving companies,storage units

09/21/2018

Jim M.

Not a very “Christian” way of dealing with customers. AVOID! They over-billed us more than $900 in falsified services. After a very painful, five-week process, I finally agreed to a $777 refund. I had to put a $1,000 dispute with my credit card company. This might have helped my negotiation. I have subsequently filed a complaint with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC). Christian Brothers Moving and Storage eventually acknowledged that they over-billed us but has deliberately failed to follow through on the requested refund. They are apparently dragging this process out to avoid or delay repayment. According to our contract, we must go through arbitration if they failed to respond. Sabrina was my main contact, post move, regarding the poor service and fraudulent billing practices. The painful process of getting Christian Brothers Moving & Storage to refund the over-billing was further exacerbated, by Sabrina’s dragging this out by failing to respond and failing to provide complete information to reconcile. She would frequently take a week to reply to an email and she never returned a phone call. Problem details: 1. Damage to basement door in new house. I pointed this out to Mariano, the supervisor. One of his workers suggested taking to door off the hinges earlier in the day but Mariano decided it was not necessary. 2. The movers disassembled a recliner couch from the upstairs Bonus room, in the old house, to make it easier to carry. They reassembled half of the recliner couch in the new home and left the other half and the bolts on the floor next to it. 3. The movers took the feet off a club chair to make it easier to carry. They brought the chair into the basement, as directed, but they did not reassemble. They left one of the feet in the garage. We have been unable to locate the second foot. 4. A file cabinet was damaged / dented in the move and DR hutch ws damaged 5. So far, we have found over forty boxes that were delivered to the wrong rooms. Most of these were placed in the basement storage area of the new house when they were clearly marked for upstairs rooms. This meant that we must now carry them up two flights of stairs. NOT HAPPY! 6. At times, your team was laid-back, unmotivated, and unenthusiastic. There were frequent and extended breaks during each of the three truck changes. I had to look around to see that no one was working on multiple occasions. 7. I was very disappointed when Mariano reviewed the final bill with me that showed 14 hours of labor on a 10-hour estimate. At the beginning of the move the supervisor pointed out that we were exceptionally well prepared for the move with virtually everything boxed, guest bedroom bed disassembled, wall unit disassembled, and all boxed clearly labelled. Why was your estimator off by more than 40%? (Well, he wasn’t because they over-charged us by 3 ½ hours) 8. Mariano (working supervisor) expressed his annoyance with the $120 cash tip that I gave him and his team during the final bill signing. He stated that this was way too little, and I could add more to the bill, by credit card, if I did not have any more cash. I chose to stay with $120. We also provided your team a $150 Chick-fil-A lunch, at our expense. They thanked us for lunch. Time/Hours Reconciliation: 3 ½ hours overcharged out of the 14 hours billed on a 10-hour quote. So, after the refund, I paid for 11 hours on a 10-hour quote. On a positive note: Their furniture repair guy was great. He fixed a ding on our dining room hutch and fixed the hole in the door.

Description of Work
Moving Company to move 4+ BR household goods.

Category moving companies

I am very surprised to read this! We did everything this customer asked! We wanted a happy customer. We gave him 3 hours back, we sent out our furniture repairman to repair a table and we send out someone to fix a couch that wasn't put back together correctly. Even though we did everything he asked hes still not happy.

08/30/2018

Kristin S.

This company should not be in business. They do not stand behind the service or ethics they state they provide. Horrible, horrible customer service.

Description of Work
Moving and replacement of damages

Category moving companies

Pro-Pack Moving

We are a Denver based local moving company and are fully insured to protect your belongings. Pro-Pack Moving does Interstate/intrastate full service moving. We move the entire DENVER METRO AREA including all MOUNTAIN MOVES form Golden to Aspen. From beginning to end, our goal is to provide you with top-of-the-industry services and an unparalleled experience. At Pro-Pack Moving, we offer a FLAT RATE upfront so there are no hidden fees. We know moving can be very stressful and our goal is to have your items packed up safely in the truck, shuttled to your new location, and placed in the correct area. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, which means respecting you, your belongings, and making sure your needs are met and expectations exceeded. We know that an easy move means the world to our customers. Our Services Include: Full-Service Moves- In House Moving and Packing- Commercial Moves and Labor Moves. Give our team a call today! Tim 720-338-1776- http://pro-packmoving.com Have a wonderful day!

Move Right Now! LLC

Offers by Move Right Now! LLC on Angi
    YOUR PERSONAL MOVER  INC

We are a family owned and operated business which averages one to three moves per day. That way we can be dedicated to customer service as well as focus on the exact expectations of your move. Your satisfaction is guaranteed with us. We are fully insured above the Colorado requirements which equates to replacement value at no additional cost to you. We are also members of the Denver Better Business Bureau. We have been in the furniture moving and delivery business for over 15 years. Our employees are trained, quick, efficient, professional, and courteous.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Local moving, Interstate moving, packing, after-move cleaning, free quotes