Hemmert Painting & Exteriors, LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2010

Awards & Badges

729 E Boulder St

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

We are the painting company you call when craftsmanship is top priority. Let us explain how decades of hands-on painting experience, product knowledge, a true passion for residential painting, and a small and dedicated team made up of some of the best career house painters in Colorado Springs all combine to separate us from the competition. Specializing in both interior and exterior painting (interior projects currently being scheduled for November through April). Was your home damaged by hail? We have experience working directly with insurance companies to make sure your claim is settled fairly, which allows us to perform work at the highest level of quality with minimal hassle for you. I am a fully insured, fourth generation contractor with 20 years experience doing business in Colorado Springs, Monument, and surrounding areas. Our strengths include siding and trim replacement, interior/exterior repaint work, deck staining, and interior stain and lacquer work. I personally supervise all jobs, and work with a small team of insured workers whom I have personally selected for their cleanliness, honesty, moral integrity and dedication to performing quality work. Estimates and color consultations always gladly done free of charge....

Resposiveness

house painting (101)interior painting (37)pressure washing (7)siding companies (1)woodworking (3)

08/13/2016

Barry and his crew did an exceptional job of painting the exterior of my home. The house needed a lot of prep work because of peeling or damaged paint and loose siding. They clearly put extra effort into the surface preparation which is the key to a long lasting paint job. Barry and his crew were extremely polite and courteous in all of our interactions. They completed everything when they said th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
house exterior painting

CATEGORY pressure washing,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2016

07/21/2016

Barry and his crew did an exceptional job on both the interior and exterior work. Barry was on the job site during all of the work doing a significant amount of it himself while closely supervising his two associates. They were pleasant, thorough and professional. There's no question that I would hire Barry again and can recommend him wholeheartedly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Full exterior paint and interior work that included walls, ceilings, doors and trim in a number of rooms.

CATEGORY pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/19/2016

04/30/2016

The interior of the garage was masked off and all surfaces not to be painted were covered. All drywall was primed and painted. Extremely pleased with the results. Work area was kept very clean. Barry and crew were extremely professional. Will certainly keep them in mind for future paint projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted inside of garage

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/28/2016

03/23/2016

The house had not been painted in 10 years and needed extensive preparation before painting. The crew was courteous and conscientious, arriving on time and cleaning up at the end of each day. Barry also kept me in the loop daily, as they worked around some unco-operative weather. The finished result looks amazing and I have received positive comments from neighbors and contractors. Barry is a true...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Prepped and painted home exterior.

CATEGORY pressure washing,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2015

It was a pleasure working for you. Thank you very much for your business! Barry

10/06/2015

It was really, really awkward.  If this man doesn't want work, why is he on Angie's List?  Or was there some secret code word I didn't know to say?  Or do I live in the "wrong" part of town?  Given that they are this unprofessional and opaque on the phone, I would never have them do anything more complicated for me.  At the very least, a customer should be assured that when she calls for an estima...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I requested an estimate for exterior painting.  Hemmert called me back but the man was very weird on the phone.  First he said they were too busy to either give an estimate or do the work.  I said that i would wait, even until next spring.  I said I was very flexible about when the job was done.   He hemmed and hawed around a bit, but then said he couldn't paint my house because it was build before 1976.  He also seemed to object to the fact that I live in downtown Colorado Springs.  Eventually, I gathered that he had some problem that my house MIGHT have lead paint.  What he said about this was so incoherent and confusing, though, that i had to do some research on Google to understand what he was apparently trying to tell me.  Bottom line:  for some reason he had decided that he didn't want to work for me.

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/06/2015

I apologize for giving the impression that I was inconvenienced in any way by your phone call. That was not my intention at all. In the majority of cases I am confident that I offer a level of service that exceeds that of my competitors. But there are cases where I suspect that I may not be the best qualified for the job. In this case the year in which your home was built means the job falls under...

09/16/2015

Very happy experience working with Hemmert Painting. The owner and crew were professional in all aspects of the job.  I believe all the prep for painting was done and the painting was done with great care. If your looking for a company to do a great job this is the one to select.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete exterior house painting included trim, front door, and garage door.

CATEGORY woodworking,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2015

08/30/2015

Hemmert Painting did both interior and some exterior painting, and we were very satisfied with all of it.  In fact, Hemmert Painting will be hired to do more painting on the exterior of the house in the near future.  We found the owner to be very amiable and easy to work with and we can recommend him without hesitation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
On the interior, Hemmert Painting removed the kitchen wallpaper and repainted the entire kitchen (walls and ceiling).  Additionally, cracks in a cathedral wall along a staircase were repaired and the entire wall painted.

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/31/2015

It was a pleasure meeting and working with you. I appreciate the excellent review! And I very much look forward to helping with the exterior when the time is right. Thank you! Barry

08/24/2015

I can't say enough about Barry and his crew.  He was very responsive in providing me a quote.  Quote was reasonable.  He was flexible in scheduling the job.  Barry and his crew showed up on time the day the job started.  Everyone on the job were pleasant, polite and professional.  The house looked "tired"  and now it "pops."  I rate Hemmert Painting a "10!"

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior pressure wash, staining on house.  Staining on large back deck

CATEGORY house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/12/2015

08/21/2015

It looks great and was no-hassle experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted the eaves of the house, parts of the deck, trim, other misc.

CATEGORY house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2015

08/13/2015

Barry and his team did a fabulous job. They were all gentlemen and very conscious of taking great care of our home. All of our neighbors stopped to say how impressed they were with their painting. They took their time priming and replacing damaged boards before painting. The quality of their painting is fabulous and the best we have ever had. The inside was perfect too, he matched my interior wall...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted exterior of our home and interior ceilings, laundry room, skylight.

CATEGORY woodworking,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2015

Interior & Exterior Painting.

Not EPA Certified Renovator