1-800 Water Damage

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2011

40 Mt View Ln Ste H

Colorado Springs, CO 80907

Any accumulation of water in your home caused by flooding, leaky pipes and plumbing, sewer backup or other unchecked water source should be dealt with ASAP, before dangerous mold and other problems sets in. It’s extremely important to begin the drying and cleanup process quickly to minimize the

09/14/2017

Amy G.

Jason was excellent. He was knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. I would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners

07/28/2017

Allen U.

We had a water heater leak/break in a rental unit. They responded to a call and was able to show up and provide an onsite estimate. They worked with our insurance and provided us with same day service, helped us walk through the process of working with our insurance and assisted us with dealing with the removal of the damaged items in the house and worked around the items in the house while we took care of scheduling the removal of household goods. They were able to work with us while we deal with the insurance payment and flexible with meeting us on our time to deal with payments and quick to answer questions we had about the services.

Description of Work
Emergency water removal from water heater break

07/14/2017

WILLIAM T.

professional and prompt, a real pleasure working with them.

Description of Work
drying out a basement floor

06/29/2017

Audrey S.

This was our rental house and we don't live in the same state. 1-800 Water Damage was very communicative, helpful and responsive in keeping us appraised of the progress and issues. Friendly, professional staff. Considerate of our renters.

Description of Work
Clean up of basement after sewage backup, removing affected flooring and drywall.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you for the feedback. It was a pleasure to work for you and restore the property. Take care.

04/17/2017

Jennifer W.

We called 1-800 Water Damage after another contractor quoted us $4400 for clean up of the mold in our home. That just seemed like a ridiculous price and so we wanted a second opinion. Mike went out to our home and told me that there wasn't really a mold problem in the home and that what small amount was in there could be easily cleaned up without professional services. He did tell me that we would probably want to hire them to take care of the mold in the garage area, but not until after all alterations to the garage had been removed. He quoted a price of about $600-$800 for that job, which seemed very reasonable. Not only that, but our neighbor, who is helping us to handle all our home repair woes (we do not live in state) commented that Mike seemed to be much more knowledgeable than the last guy from the other company that went in there. It's nice that there are companies out there that are more concerned with being honest and actually helping and informing their customers than just taking their money from them. Thank you Mike and 1-800-Water-Damage! We have enough worries to deal with concerning the destruction of our home, we are so grateful that paying thousands of dollars for mold isn't one of them!

Description of Work
Mold inspection

01/03/2017

Eric M.

They could not help us because drywall is not their main service. They listened to our situation (an independent contractor did not show up) and gave us the name of the one person they use. We were very impressed with the service and care we were given during our inquiry.

Description of Work
I needed a drywall installation. They were the fastest to respond to my email inquiry, gave me a reference of whom they use, let that person know I was calling, and wished me the best. Should we ever have need of their services, we would absolutely check with them first!

Category drywall

12/20/2016

James W.

Rapidly and professionally. -- I had originally contacted 3 companies, through BBB. After talking with Mike, we knew that he and 1-800 Water Damage were the people we wanted to work with. We were serviced over the course of 2-3 weeks by two crews, each of them personable and hard working. They called before coming; they came when they said they would. They did everything possible to make a bad situation better. My wife and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Description of Work
Extensive water damage from leaking pipe in our Library room: rug, walls, ceiling, bookcases, books, other incidentals.

11/28/2016

glenn H.

They came in, gave me the price to remediate (which was fair), and then knocked out the work in no time. Had fans up for 3 days, and came back to retrieve them once the moisture level was normal. Good communication throughout the whole process.

Description of Work
Had a water heater leak on me in a commercial Suite. They came in, gave me the price to remediate (which

11/08/2016

Collin D.

We have worked with Mike Whittemore and 1-800-Water Damage twice and were very impressed with them as professionals and as people. We first met them in 2015 when we had water seepage in our finished basement and they went above and beyond to make sure all the water and mold were removed completely so we could use the space again. When our basement was destroyed again completely in a freak flooding incident in 2016 they again showed up immediately and went to work. The second time they donated all the time and labor saying they had already cleaned out the space once and wanted to see the job through. I’m not exaggerating to say they saved the house with their quick and professional work. Amazing business and people… I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Description of Work
Dried out humidity and destroyed mold in a slightly flooded basement and dried out completely and prevented major damaged from a serious flood

Category drywall, insulation, water damage restoration, mold removal

08/02/2016

friederich B.

Things went great making a stressful situation much more manageable. They were easy to get hold of and came to the house promptly. When they came to the house, they were both professional and friendly. Never gave us any reservations about having strangers in the house. They even came back on a Sunday to check the progression and removed all their equipment that day. Rare to find businesses that will truly work 7 days a week even if they say they will. Overall, a great experience and would recommend to anyone that needs their services.

Description of Work
Tested for mold and moisture and dried out the walls in one of our bedrooms.

08/02/2016

BRENDA C.

Provider was prompt (same day), provided options for basement cleanup and then provided agreed upon service quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Provider removed water soaked carpet from hot water heater leak.

07/25/2016

Karen O.

Mike was wonderful- very professional and helpful! We got a quote, then came back much later on and he honored the original quote. The workers ran into one snafu with our door, but as promised, Mike came back out later with what he needed to fix it- great integrity and a great job! I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Had cellar floor regraded and water vaper barrier added.

Category mold removal

06/29/2016

Donna K.

Called on Monday afternoon, the team of Katie and Anna arrived on time agreed upon Tuesday morning. They started right away with taking pictures, tearing out the carpet, accessing the dry wall damage, spraying disinfectant. As soon as I had insurance clearance they along with Jason and another young man began mitigating the area. Every single person from that company that stepped into my home, were timely, respectful, competent, knowledgeable, and kind. Plus they all totally loved our 7 month old basset hound. A++++ service.

Description of Work
Sewage water back up in basement. Dry wall removal. Carpet removal. Disinfect. Dry. Small to medium job.

Category water damage restoration, sewer cleaning, mold removal

10/18/2015

Colleen S.

Mike is great. Did what he said he'd do, courteous, professional, respectful, on time. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removed dry wall with black mold in a closet, detached all the baseboard in the basement due to it having a fungus, cut the bottom of the pine paneling off so it won't act as a wick, placed a HEPA air scrubber to remove mold spores for 3 days, contained the area while work was being done. Also, when he came out to give the estimate, was very upfront about what prep would need to be done before he could begin work.

09/28/2015

Eric B.

They were helpful, efficient and courteous. The did exactly what they promised.

Description of Work
Helped remove carpet and padding, tested walls for moisture, provided dehumidifier and fans.

08/18/2015

Lee Y.

It went a litleslowerThan we had hoped but the heavy rain had strained the resources of all these contractors. The job was done well and was finished only two days later than hoped for. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Striped wet dry wall, tested for mold, removed wet carpet, brought in fans to dry basement bedroom

08/13/2015

Kris M.

It went great! I think I explained it all in the last blurb. Overall they are a great company and I have recommended them at least 20 times in the past 3 months with all the rain issues we have been having in Colorado. They were fantastic and I would use them again if I needed their service!!!!

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof that found it's way into my sons room. The subsequent leak caused mold to build up behind a dresser and in the walls and floorboard. I tore out a portion of the wall to check for mold and found it all over the inside the walls. I called 1800 Water Damage and they showed up within 2 hours. They gave me an estimate of what they would charge but told me that I had already done most of the work by tearing out the drywall that was damaged and getting rid of the carpet so they would go ahead and spray an anti-mold spray all over inside the wall to kill anything left over and sprayed the subfloor down. They charged me absolutely nothing and told me to give them a call if I found any more mold and they would come and spray for free again. I don't recall the names of the techs that showed up but they were both AWESOME!

07/06/2015

Stephanie D.

First they came and gave us an estimate and explained how they would clean up the mold problem, and then remove the damaged drywall etc. It was a great price. We decided to go ahead with the job, and they scheduled us immediately. It took only a half a day to complete the job.

Description of Work
Removed damaged and moldy drywall.

05/18/2015

Brent W.

There was a lot of work to be done. Vendor could only do the removal and mold mitigation. That leaves you to go out and get a different vendor to build it back after they tear it down. I found a single vendor that does it all but, I went with 1800waterdamage instead. I should have gone with the one stop shop. It would have been easier.

Description of Work
Provided mold mitigation and water damage removal.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Dear Customer, Per your request, you only wanted an estimate for mold remediation. We also offer full service reconstruction but you made it clear that you were looking to reduce cost. We assisted you further by providing our contractor to complete all your drywall and trim carpentry. You hired our contractor direct, saving the additional overhead of a general contractor. You stated that you would paint the walls yourself, again never indicating the need for this service. We also offered a carpet contractor to install new carpet, Against our recommendation to replace the mold damaged carpet you indicated that you wanted to reuse the carpet. We make every attempt to meet our customer's needs. I apologize if there was a misunderstanding, We would have gladly provided our full reconstruction service if requested and contracted.

04/07/2015

Michelle W.

Michael Wittemore, owner, was my point of contact. He arranged a prompt appointment to come to my home, and access the situation. I had been told there was mold in our partially finished basement. Mr. Wittemore examined the location, and told me that the mold had already been treated, and that though the laundry room walls would need to be replaced in the future that there was no immediate need for it at this time. That what I was seeing was "staining." My husband and I are working on getting estimates to completely refinish the basement. Mr. Wittemore said that we could actually just have the "flood cutting" of the laundry room walls at that time and it would save us money in the end. It is refreshing to find a tradesman that is honest, and not just out for the dollar. Mr. Wittemore was very professional in all aspects of business during our conversations and visit. I would definitely consider calling him again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Assessment of mold in laundry room/basement.

04/01/2015

Julie T.

Responsiveness and professionalism and fairness stood out for me. They also work directly with the insurance company.

Description of Work
They did the restoration of the sewage back up. They removed all items and cleaned everything.

03/10/2015

Kim C.

Mike provided all the necessary contract work i.e. aspestos testing and drywall work as well as the mold remediation his team performed. They were thorough, clean and punctual. The work was completed as promised and then some. They did some work that was outside of the initial scope of the job. They did some mold testing in an area that I had not first identified, as well as suggesting installing additional joists for support. I was especially impressed with their professionalism. As a single woman I am always very particular who I allow in my home. I immediately felt comfortable with the team to the point I was comfortable with them working when I was not at home. Mike was also very flexible as I worked with my insurance company. This was not a "fun" home improvement project but Mike and his team made it very smooth for me. I highly recommend him! Thanks guys!

Description of Work
The team came in and accessed any water and mold damage I had from an upstairs leaky shower stall.

02/27/2015

MARGARET H.

First off--this was my worst nightmare come true. Coming down into my basement, I found water everywhere, and a window well filled with water--water was dripping through the ceiling and lightfixtures, through the window and gushing outside the slats of the house (back into the house through the window). It was very traumatic. I quickly went on Angie's List and saw the 1800 Water Damage number with the good reviews and called. I couldn't even speak because I was so panicked but the gentleman on the other end was so understanding and nice and just quickly sent a team...on New Year's Eve at 2pm. It took them about 20 minutes to get here--by then the water subsided because I turned off the main water valve. They recommended one of their plumbers (Hermann's Plumber--I highly recommend this team) who also came out on this holiday. Due to the strange construction of the house, they couldn't find the source of the water break, but they persisted until they found it. They also uncovered the not so small fact that my brand new windows were put in incorrectly leaving a good inch of space between the house and window which most likely contributed to the problem. They needed to tear down the entire wall and half of the ceiling. They took away tons and tons of water, they ripped up the padding, carpeting, baseboards (even leading into the next room because the water started seeping in there) and placed a bunch of fans around the house and dehumidifier. They took apart my bedroom furniture and carried it off into another room. They even called to check on things, and came back to check and adjust. This was a 2 week process just to dry things out. They provided me with recommendations for the renovations, with whom I was pleased with. Katie was the office manager and she was the one doing a majority of the work--she was such a great person to work with. Very hardworking and conscientious. Everything was cleaned up. Now they will come back to put my furniture back together which I am so grateful for. For something this much of a disaster, they made the process very smooth and should this ever happen again (I pray not), I have their card handy because I will definitely use them again. I just felt so bad for them having to do this into the night on New Year's Eve and they NEVER showed any type of disgruntledness--they were very professional at all times. These people work HARD.

Description of Work
Pipes burst on New Year's Eve. The carpet and padding needed to be ripped up, along with padding in another room. Baseboards were ripped away. Wall and half a ceiling were ripped away. Fans and dehumidifiers were placed and checked on.

11/17/2014

John H.

Mike, with 1-800 Water Damage, came to my house to look at the damage. He came in with tools that helped isolate where the leak was coming from. At the time, it looked like an upstairs toilet was leaking below. He gave me a worst case scenario which seemed reasonable. Because the total cost could have been pretty expensive with the mitigation and basically rebuilding the bathroom floor and tiling, I was considering paying through my insurance. When he came back out to do the work the next day, he opened up a relatively small spot of my basement ceiling and associated wall. The good news was, the leak wasn't coming from the bathroom, but the kitchen sink above. Because they kept the openings small, the overall repair (mitigation, plumbing, patching & painting) was just over my insurance deductible - so I decided not to file a claim. 1-800 Water Damage came out and gave me an estimate. Mike didn't charge for the estimate or obligate me to use their services for the actual repair - rare to find these days! Then, because I wasn't sure if I was using insurance or not, they waited to bill me until the end. If I was going to use insurance, they would have billed the insurance directly. Because I wasn't using insurance, they sent me a bill. They actually did all their work, 3 or 4 trips to my house in all, and never asked for a payment until all work was done and didn't even try to collect at the time they finished. Mike and his crew (his son & daughter I believe) were very professional, polite, created as little mess as possible, and overall very pleasurable to work with. I've had my share of bad luck with contractors, but this was definitely not one of those experiences. By the way, Mike also recommended the plumber and the drywall company that I used. They were great recommendations, I was happy from start to end.

Description of Work
Mold & water damage mitigation.

11/05/2014

Karen M.

We were very happy with his work. They removed the dishwasher and took apart the kitcehn to dry it out. They had to take out some of the ceiling too. They did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
He helped me clean up after a flood. Our dishwasher was leaking without our knowledge for a while, so there was mold in many rooms.