Bay Park Moving

Founded 1994 • With Angi since February 2006

6495 Lipmann St

San Diego, CA 92122

Since 1994, Southern California has trusted Bay Park Moving for their residential and commercial moving needs. Our customer feedback ranks us consistently at the top. Centrally located in San Diego, California we are able to efficiently service all areas. Full-Service Packing, partial packing or Fragile-Only Packing,...

09/21/2020

SallyAnne M.

Perfect. Eric Clegg and two other men moved my furniture from one apartment to another. They went directly to work. Covered all in plastic and loaded the truck. They were efficient and finished the move perfectly. Great timing and price. Thank you to Storage West in Rancho Bernardo for recommending this company.

Description of Work
Residential moving

09/11/2020

James M.

Unfortunately I’d have to give them a very bad review due to the fact that they damaged the floors and my TV in a professional moving and the owner Doug has not taken responsibility to make right with what his team has damage they also make you feel like you have to tip them even though you’re not as happy with their service

Description of Work
I had them move me

11/22/2018

Joyce N.

They provided an excellent service. Their customer service is excellent. The guys are conscientious and clean and are very careful.

Description of Work
They helped me with my move.

05/17/2017

Donna K.

I had a very good experience with company.

Description of Work
I have used this company 5 times. They show up on time, load and unload quickly and are professional. This last time they loaded a truck for me as I moved out of state. I would recommend this company in a minute.

03/25/2017

Jessica & Rick B.

These guys are rockstars! They tore down and reassembled all 3 beds perfectly. They also moved our hanging clothes to save me some packing time. They didn't charge me a fee when I needed to reschedule due to escrow delays. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
These guys moved us from one three bedroom house to another with stairs.

10/08/2016

David E.

The estimate was done in person. The actual cost is based on actual time spent. It was 2/3 of the estimate. The crew arrived on time and were very agreeable and professional. My 1 bedroom condo was packed, moved a mile away and unpacked in 3 hours. Very pleased with the entire process and company.

Description of Work
Move to new apartment. Pack, move and unpack.

10/02/2016

Mark T.

Would hair again. Great movers and team - it is may and did not realize this review was pending from Oct 2016.

Description of Work
Excellent team and very hard working - all of them. The crew was great was a short move but they worked their tail off. One reason we hired them as they actually came to our house for a walk through before giving the estimate. The other companies asked how big was the house and how many bedrooms. Well we had a shed of stuff etc .. so this company knew all the details

09/12/2016

Donna T.

It went smoothly and without one single hitch. Doug Hackley and the Bay Park Moving crew were fantastic. They were fast, efficient, friendly and made what could have been a stressful day anything but stressful. I would use them again as well as recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Whole house move from Chula Vista to Temecula

06/29/2016

PETER O.

Accurate estimate with upper limit built in. Team showed up on time, got right to work, and kept up a good pace until they finished. Quiet guys, very focused. No damage of consequence. The cash only policy was (and still is) a bit unnerving for several reasons, but I'd use them again for this type of move. Since this was a short move, much of the loose, breakable stuff was moved prior to their arrival, but I am confident they would have done well with that, too. Recommending to two co-workers today.

Description of Work
Quick, short move of furniture, appliances, and packed boxes. No packing or unpacking requested.

10/07/2015

Chris R.

This is the 2nd time Bay Park has moved us. We contacted them 5 weeks before the move. Doug came out and gave us a fair estimate that we accepted. On the 21st of September 5 men and 3 trucks arrived promptly at our home. They got to work immediately. Fast, efficient, cooperative and friendly are all good adjectives to describe them. They drove the trucks to our new home and unloaded them in the same manner. They had to remove a refrigerator door, a front door and lift a refrigerator over a kitchen counter. Besides that we have a safe that weighs a lot. All of this was moved without a quibble. They finished ahead of schedule so our actual payment was much lower than the estimate. We were able to generously tip each mover and still have some cash in hand. I hope I never move again but if I do Bay Park will definitely be my choice of movers.

Description of Work
Moved all the furniture and se;f packed boxes from our 2200 sq ft home to our new home.

07/28/2015

Linda P.

Overall they did a fantastic job. The men they sent - Victor and Michael have been a team for a long time and are extremely strong and work really well together. You could tell they've got it down - their communication was succinct and they had a system for everything. The furniture they moved was very bulky and heavy - Italian, solid wood furniture and they had to get it up a flight of stairs. They protected my furniture and my home every step of the way.

Description of Work
Picked up a set of master bedroom furniture in Escondido that I bought from an individual and moved it to my home. They disassembled the bed there and reassembled the bed at my home and arranged all the furniture. They also provided materials like plastic wrap and blankets to protect the furniture.

07/21/2015

Sam T.

Scheduling went very smoothly - it was always easy to get them on the phone and they always showed up when they were supposed to. The actual moving work was done quickly and correctly. They listened carefully when I had requests and put everything in the right place. I thought the price was very fair. I would certainly use them again and will recommend them to anyone looking for movers in the SD area.

Description of Work
Unloaded one trailer and two large POD shipping containers. Setup furniture and put boxes in the right place in the house.

07/13/2015

Jennifer A.

Although Bay Park Moving was very responsive in providing an estimate and even came over during a weekend to do the estimate, the negotiation process did not go well. I received the initial quote and contacted the company to see if the quote could be amended because I wanted the flexibility of moving some boxes rather than furniture only (which was specified in the initial quote). The person wanted me to specify exactly how many boxes they had to move and he threw out a random number. When I couldn't specify the exact number of boxes to be moved he began to be short and condescending saying I don't understand. Although the issue could have been easily worked out, I decided it was better off to not go with this company because if they are argumentative/condescending during the estimate process and trying to nickel and dime the move, I could only imagine how moving day will go. As a military family, moving a normal part of life, and each time is no less daunting. If someone is hired to move your personal property you'd want to know you can trust them. Unfortunately, starting off arguing with a customer the first time they ask you a question does not warrant my patronage.

Description of Work
Provided quote for a residential move.

Category moving companies

In response to {Member name removed} review regarding our telephone conversation, first and foremost Bay Park Moving disagrees with {Member name removed}'s allegation that Bay Park Moving was short, argumentative and condescending. In the short minute and a half conversation it was understood by Bay Park Moving what she was requesting, but to be able to answer her question, {Member name removed} needed to quantify the additional things she needed moved, as Bay Park Moving works on an hourly basis. Unfortunately {Member name removed} did not understand the importance of Bay Park Moving trying to quantify the number of boxes she wanted moved so that her estimate could be revised accordingly. {Member name removed} was not present at her home when the walk through was done with her husband. Her husband requested a do not exceed estimate for moving only the large furniture, so that is what the estimator took note of during the walk through, not the boxes, small items or anything else. After receiving the estimate {Member name removed} called our office wanting to know if there were boxes that she and her husband did not have time to move could they be moved by Bay Park Moving. The answer was yes, but it is not included in your estimate, so how many boxes are you talking about so that your estimate can be revised to give you an accurate do not exceed estimate. For some reason {Member name removed} took offense to the question and became upset, when we were only trying to get the necessary information to revise her estimate, as ten boxes takes less time to move than a hundred. Moving is daunting no matter who you are and Bay Park Moving is not here to argue or make the process more difficult for any customer or potential customer but questions do need to be asked to be able to give accurate information.

07/07/2015

Linda P.

Doug was extremely responsive and punctual. He was very professional to work with and also gave me a reasonable price. His movers were very careful with our belongings and also very careful of both our old property and our new one. They didn't scratch or break anything and got everything packed, labeled and put into the correct rooms politely and efficiently.

Description of Work
They moved over half of my furniture into storage while our home was on the market. When we moved to our new home, they moved all the storage items and everything else into our new home. They also did all our packing.

06/27/2015

abdol Z.

We obviously were unable to schedule any move with them since they hung up on us.

Description of Work
My husband called to see if they could help us with a move for the upcoming weekend and the woman said that they can't do it. My husband was starting to ask a followup question and she hung up!

Category moving companies

We at Bay Park Moving do not hang up on a customer. It is possible that if a cell phone was being used or even a land line the call was losted/dropped or if the person calling said good bye and after saying good bye by the Bay Park Moving representative they tried to ask another question and we did not hear them thus hanging up because we thought the call was finished. No matter how the call was disconnected it is disheartening that the personal making these allegations did not take the time to just simply call back and ask their question but instead took the time to write this review.

01/01/2015

Nancy C.

They gave an estimate a few weeks before the move. Had a good talk about how to keep costs down. On the day of the move they arrived on time, had excellent moving equipment and professional movers. They were courteous and careful and let us know everything that was going on. The entire process was only 2 hours! They had estimated it would be 4 or 5 hours but we had moved smaller stuff on our own earlier in the week. To our pleasant surprise, they only charged for the time they were working. We felt guilty that the job was so small but they were gracious and more than fair. They only charged for what they did.....they didn't have a minimum. Can't say enough good things about them. Highly recommend. Good, honest, professional and easy to work with. 5 stars!

Description of Work
Moved our furnishings from a condo to a house.

02/11/2014

Judith D.

They were excellent! It wasn't a big thing. It was supposed to rain that day and we haven't had rain in ages. The guy showed up right on time, there were 4 of them and they hurried and they have done everything before the rain started. I think it rained from 10:30 or 11 o'clock on for the rest of the day. The price was much less than the estimate. I like their timeliness, the cost, and their cooperation. I thought there was going to be a room for a set of dressers upstairs, but there wasn't so they brought them back down. John forgot his chair that he was supposed to get because he was up there and I was down here and they went back out and got them. I was very pleased with them. You hear some horrible things about moving, but we didn't have any of that.

Description of Work
Bay Park Moving did a partial move from my boyfriend's to down here, two cul-de-sacs away, 2 months ago.

02/08/2014

Todd & Stephanie M.

Everything was packed and moved with care. They were very fast and efficient while still being extremely careful. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They packed up and moved the contents of our kitchen and living room into our garage prior to a kitchen renovation.

12/05/2013

Walton H.

It was excellent. They were reasonably priced. They worked quickly. They were very courteous and friendly and did their work in a professional matter.

Description of Work
They moved furniture from a container into my house.

12/04/2013

Melanie P.

We have hired several different moving companies over the years, and Bay Park Movers has been the best one yet. Compared to our last two moving experiences, the cost of moving was actually lower. We were scheduled to move everything last Friday; however, rain was forecast. Bay Park Movers called us 2 days before and had looked at the weather forecast for the week and asked if we'd like to move on Wednesday instead, to avoid moving in the rain. They were on time, courteous, and professional. Each member of the crew introduced themselves, and asked which pieces of furniture should stay (we split our move into two days because of the weather). I showed them around the house and they immediately got started. The finished the first part of the move by 5 p.m. By mid-day on Friday, our second move was complete. All of our furniture arrived in the same condition as it was when it left the house. The movers asked us where everything should go, patiently and painstakingly reassembled antique furniture, and moved a heavy treadmill up the staircase without touching the walls once.They even moved our large potted plants. I was impressed with the training and professionalism of the crew. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moved our furniture and personal effects across town.

10/08/2013

Chris R.

A team of 4 movers arrived right on time. They introduced themselves and started work, not a moment of down time. I have a lot of very heavy furniture and it was moved efficiently and safely. They pointed out pre-existing scratches on some pieces but did not over state it. I didn't have to empty clothes from drawers because they shrink wrapped everything. When there was a question about anything they asked and we agreed on the the answer. A couple of times I asked them to move a piece from where I had originally had it placed. They did this without complaint and no additional charge although the contract did state that furniture would be placed once. After the move was complete I was pleasantly surprised to see it was actually under the original estimate.

Description of Work
Moved all of our furniture from one home to another. We packed our own boxes and moved them ourselves.

10/01/2013

Shawndy E.

Doug came out and provided an estimate that was very close to another provider we interviewed from Angie's List. Bay Park Moving got the job because Doug was awesome, assuring us that we didn't have to empty our dressers in order to move. Not only that, but they provided a great price! On the day of the move, we had three wonderful guys come out and load our stuff up so quickly that it made my head spin! It took 2 trips to get all of our junk, but they not only did the job well, they came in UNDER budget! We moved into a new house, and when Victor and his crew left, it still looked new! They were super careful about not bumping into the walls, and nothing was damaged in the move. Almost everything was put in the right room, and we didn't mind the ones that weren't since some goofs are to be expected from even the best of movers. At the end of the day, the guys gave us hugs when they said goodbye, and I was really touched by that. I'd HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who needs a reliable, friendly, professional moving company!

Description of Work
Moved our stuff from our old house to the new one.

09/17/2013

Mindy S.

The most positive thing I can say is that they were punctual. They showed up on time and were completed in less than 3 hours. They charged me for 4 hours, however, which was not right, but I did not dispute it. They were so careless and unconcerned with the condition of my posessions, I just wanted them gone! I did not move several items from my old condo, including my sofa, coffee table, t.v., or easy chair, so they had a less-than-normal 3-bedroom load to move. One bedroom had only a futon in it and nothing else. Because they had a light load and extra time, they could have slowed down and been more careful, but they refused. From the moment they arrived, their only goal was to finish as soon as possible. The entire move felt like a race with a stopwatch. Several times I saw them rushing so fast that they damaged some items. I yelled at them twice to slow down and once to stop, but I was completely ignored. I have a long wall unit that looks like it might come apart in sections, but it does not. It is all one piece and it is very lightweight. Instead of asking me if it comes apart, or checking it out, one of their workers just started ripping it apart! That is when I yelled to stop. The piece is damaged where he tried to rip it apart, but I did not bother to complain about it as it is an inexpensive piece. However, when we arrived at my new condo in San Carlos, I was very concerned as I noticed them bumping into walls with furniture like complete amateurs. If they had slowed down even a small amount, they could have adjusted their direction and not bumped into walls and left scratches and scrapes as they did. Again, I told them to slow down when I saw them scrape into my bar area a take a piece of the wood counter top out. Again they just shrugged and ignored me and kept up the same fast pace as if they were racing. I am leaving out many of the items they damaged or broke, due to space constraints here. After the move was completed, I complained to the owner and described much of the damage, although I didnt men tion everything that I discovered in the next few days. The owner sent his handyman to do touch up paint on my walls where they bumped into it. I was pleased that he did this and that is why I did not grade them an "F" which was what the movers deserved. The handyman came a few days later and painted where I showed him the damage. However, he only had paint that I provided, so he was not able to fill in where there was wood missing that had been scraped off.I pointed out the gouge in the interior side of my garage door and the handyman filled it with an insulation filler but it left an ugly spot that was obviously repaired. It is only a temporary fix and not meant to be permanent. While the handyman was present, I took several photos of the damage, and emailed them to the owner of Bay Park Movers. I took the photos so that the owner could know the terrible job his men did and train them properly. I only asked for two items to be replaced: one is my outdoor patio umbrella which they managed to tear in two places, and also to send a garage dooor company to replace the one panel where it was gouged. The patio umbrella cost $35 to replace, as I priced it at the store where I orginally bought it. The garage door repair should not be less than $100. I emailed approximately 6 photos to the owner to show him the damage,and I heard nothing. After 3 attempts to contact the owner, he finally sent me an email accusing me of committing insurance fraud! I dont know how this is possible since I have never filled out any insurance forms or filed a claim. I did invite the owner to come have a look for himself, but my invitation was also ignored. Is this the company you want to do business with?? I would not use them unless you do not care about the condition of your possessions.

Description of Work
Moved from Spring Valley to San Carlos.

Category moving companies

Customer was moved on August 9, 2013; called and complained on August 9 stating that the men moved too fast. The crew did state a kitchen counter was scraped during the move and a handyman was sent to her home on August 12, 2013 to make the necessary repair to her counter top (even though she told the crew not to worry as she was having it repainted). The handyman made numerous repairs (paid by Bay Park Moving) that were not caused by the movers stating he was trying to satisfy the customer. He stated he touched up walls (yes the customer needs to provide the paint so it matches); touched up cabinets; installed a new door stop and repaired her garage door. When repairing the garage door he told her that the damage was not caused by the movers in his opinion and she told him to stop then. On August 21, 2013 she sent an email with pictures of her outdoor umbrella which she alleges was ripped by the moving crew and wanted replaced and her garage door which she stated she wanted repaired. On September 4, 2013 we responded stating that we were going to be checking into the validity of her allegations of all the damage and did ask for additional information on her umbrella. She emailed back the requested information regarding the umbrella the same day. The customer filed a complaint with Angie’s List prior to even giving us time to respond to her email and per the “Important Information Booklet for Persons Moving Household Good” which she received and acknowledged so in writing, Bay Park Moving has sixty days from the date of her written claim (August 21) to pay, decline to pay or propose a settlement. Customer acknowledged in writing the hours charged which were 3.75 hrs. Also, the customer got a not to exceed estimate and the job was performed under the estimated amount. As to allegations of carelessness of her possessions, she felt that the crew should ask her before each item was moved by them and she took umbrage that they did not stop, ask her if it was ok to move an item and get her expert knowledge on how to perform their job. She signed an estimate stated she would stay out of the movers way, but continued to micromanage the crew. Note, the crew chief on her job, Victor, has numerous glowing reviews on Angies List. She states they ran into her walls and made many scrapes because they moved too fast; however when the handyman went out to repair the kitchen counter, he stated it was apparent in his expert opinion that the damage to her walls were not caused by Bay Park Moving. The only damage that the crew said happened was to the kitchen counter, nothing to her walls, cabinets, garage door or door stop. Note, she alleges only damage at her new house, nothing at the house she moved from. As to her outdoor umbrella, we will pay her claim for the umbrella at the insurance coverage which she had for her move and which she acknowledged in wiring which is sixty cents per pound per article. The weight of the umbrella is eighteen (18) pounds, which is a maximum reimbursement of $10.80; even though we do not agree that the umbrella was damaged during her move. As to the garage door, we are denying her claim as she stopped the handyman from making the repair when he stated it was not caused by the moving crew.

08/25/2013

RUSSELL B.

Moved all my furniture including some large heavy pieces quickly and easily without incident. They were very professional and courteous and positioned the pieces per my instructions where they didn't even need to be repositioned later. Three guys and a truck in 51/2 hrs. They worked hard and nonstop so I got the most for my money as could be expected. Gave them a substantial tip as they could have easily milked me for another hour or two. Will surely call them again.

Description of Work
Moved a whole housefull from Encinitas to Fallbrook in less than one day.

08/07/2013

Jann S.

It was wonderful, they dropped my things off at my storage. They were quick, efficient.

Description of Work
They moved my furniture from a condo to an apartment and storage.

Happy Home Movers

Local and Long Distance Moving Company in San Diego Professional movers, packing service, best price.

Offers by Happy Home Movers on Angi
    MSJ Delivery Moving & Storage

MSJ Delivery is a full service residential and commercial moving, storage, and delivery company. We also offer professional white glove service for retailers, interior designers, and staging companies. Give us a call if you need something packed, moved, stored, or delivered. We can manage your incoming receiving and inspection at our facility. Our warehouse is secured under 24 hour surveillance. Our employees are fully covered under state mandated workers compensation. We carry the proper licenses and insurance to enter some of the most affluent homes and high rises in San Diego. Rest assured our crews are safe, careful, and courteous. Our team leader will contact you 30 minutes prior to arrival. We put extraordinary effort into our hiring process. Much of our our success revolves around the quality and professionalism of our people. We do not employ casual day laborers. Teamwork and long term employees give MSJ Delivery the highest ratings in the industry. Be sure to check out our online reviews!

Reliable Delivery LLC

Reliable Delivery is southern California’s most highly regarded providers of full-service moving and storage. A family-owned, fully-licensed and insured, residential and commercial moving and storage company, Reliable Delivery specializes in moving antiques, lighting fixtures, designer furniture and other fragile furniture. We have the experience, equipment, supplies and professional movers to handle any Southern California move. Our professional movers are dedicated to providing reliable, efficient, professional, and personal service and we'll work with you to accommodate your specific moving needs. Reliable Delivery services San Diego county, Los Angeles county, Orange county and beyond.

Offers by Reliable Delivery LLC on Angi
    25$

Residential moving, commercial moving, Full-Service Packing, partial packing, Fragile Only Packing, packing tips, moving tips, inexpensive box referrals, truck size consultations, custom crating, moving blankets, Free Stretch- Wrapping of Furniture; Doorway & Floor Protection

We are here to help, if you don't see something you need please call to see if we can accommodate you.