Superior Garage Door

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2010

Family owned business in the Inland Empire Since 1983. We provide customer service the old fashioned way. Additional phone - (800) 696-0997, (951) 351-1086. Additional email - superdoor@aol.com, superiorgaragedoorofriverside@gmail.com, info@superiorgaragedoor.com. Additional DBA - Superior Garage

garage doors (117)door installation (8)

02/17/2022

Tim D.

Second time I have used Superior Garage Door. They are the best. Arrived on time. Finished job on time. Removed old door and left nothing behind.

Description of Work
New garage door and opener.

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

02/16/2021

Susan S.

The work went good. But when the rain came a few days later, the water came in under the main garage door. I have been in contact with Superior and they are supposed to be coming back sometime this week to see if they can fix the problem. I sure hope so because this was one of the main reasons plus others why we needed new garage doors.

Description of Work
New garage doors and openers

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

07/21/2020

David S.

Workers did a 10 point servicing (including getting the door to close and open remotely.

Description of Work
Door would not close from remote (hand held or car) site

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

08/19/2019

Tony R.

Superior Garage Door of Riverside lived up to their "superior" name. I called a number of times when planning the job, and Tisha answered the phone each and every time. Scott came out and nailed it. Perfect job at the lowest quoted price. Experience pays off! He was able to get into my broken-lock garage (with no other access) efficiently and without causing any damage. The repair was done with recycled cables from a door he had removed the evening before, so he saved me a bit on parts. Even if he wasn't able to get in with his first shot, he had a solution that was reasonable in price and scope. Great work, zero gouging - would definitely hire again. The garage lock works as expected, and he serviced all other parts while out on the call. Garage door works better than ever!

Description of Work
Garage Door Repair

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

06/06/2019

Phil V.

It went excellent! The young man, a third generation in garage door! He did a superb job! I had that work done by other companies before and never got it the way I wanted! NO squiquen noise! Well, by the time he was done, no more noise! He adjusted the spring and the chain and did his work to perfection! I recommend this company and give them a well deserving 5 stars!

Description of Work
Garage door maintenance!

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

12/21/2018

Robert W.

Excellent work. Pleasant person. Job Well Done!!!

Description of Work
Replaced broken garage door springs and adjusted door movement.

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

09/23/2018

Keiko O.

Worker was knowledgeable, polite, and professional. He completed the contracted job in a short time and performed some additional maintenance on other parts of the door and opener.

Description of Work
Garage door spring had snapped

Work Completed On 09/23/2018

08/14/2018

Suzy T.

The staff showed up on time and took precautions to go over the material for accuracy before starting the job. The wrong hardware was delivered, so this was a good thing. The staff had the correct hardware delivered and it was installed same day. There were several items that had to be moved for them to complete the job (In the middle of a move) and they didn't put the items back - my 80 year old mother and I had to move mattresses to get to the washing machine as well as move a treadmill back into place. The clean up left something to be desired.

Description of Work
Replace garage door and opener

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

07/20/2018

STEVE R.

I HAVE USED THESE PEOPLE FOR 29 YEARS AND THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN,I AM A REAL ESTATE AGENT AND PROPERTY MANAGER AND WOULD NEVER CHANGE, I BET THEY HAVE DONE 30 0R 40 JOBS FOR ME,EVERYTHING FROM REPAIRS TO NEW OPENERS TO NEW DOORS ! STEVE IN CORONA

Description of Work
NEW GARAGE DOOR

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

06/20/2018

Brian W.

Let me begin by stating that this review is late. Superior replaced our garage doors a few years ago. We were very happy and the doors looks great. What I am really happy about is that a several months ago a bracket broke on one doors, so the door would not open. It was really strange not something you would expect to break. We called them and they came right out. The warranty had expired but they they took a look at it and said that the bracket should not have broken, and replaced it without any charge. So they stand by their work and their product.

Description of Work
Replaced two old wood garage Doors

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

05/07/2018

Peggy L.

It went very well and I’m very happy with the repair.

Description of Work
He replaced broken stop mechanism on the opener, generally tuned up the door so now it no longer stops all the time.

Work Completed On 04/04/2018

04/24/2018

Russell M.

The service was outstanding, and I highly recommend the company. It is a small 3-generation family business in Riverside. Scott (the father) did the estimate and gave excellent advice on how to solve a problem of the site. I am very careful about building projects, and I recently got 8 bids on repainting and staining my house in another state before I was satisfied. In this case, however, I got only one bid, because I was completely satisfied and felt no need to look further. The price was reasonable, the knowledge and skill of Scott and Kyle (the son) were evident, and the quality of the door was first-rate. They installed Unique 24-gauge Long Panel noninsulated doors with half-circle windows. Unique Garage Doors are manufactured in Southern California, and you can obtain any door you order in one week in Riverside or vicinity. Unique doors are said to be the strongest and quietest garage doors that are manufactured, and are cheaper than most of the doors offered by most installers. I also opted for a special embossed, wood-grain permanent finish on the doors, and a Liftmaster 8500 side mount opener with two remotes for the double door. Also aluminum strips attached to the cement flush with the bottom of the doors to thwart rodents trying to get into the garage. The old doors and trash were removed and hauled off. All done in one day. The finished doors are beautiful and transformative for the house.

Description of Work
Replace a double- and single garage door in a 3-car garage

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

01/20/2018

Bobbie G.

Awesome. Scott was on time, professional, and friendly. The best part was that the whole thing cost less than $200. I am VERY happy with this company and will call them again!

Description of Work
My garage door was repaired.

Work Completed On 01/20/2018

11/02/2017

kim S.

I would recommend to anyone needing a garage door. Family owned, super nice people. Communication was excellent.

Description of Work
New garage door

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

09/14/2017

Josh B.

I'm a repeat customer and for me it's obvious. These guys are punctual, flexible, reasonable and courteous. The young kid performing the repairs was professional, worked efficiently and cleaned up after himself. A rating all the way around.

Description of Work
Replaced the motor for the double garage and repaired a broken unit on the single car.

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

09/04/2017

Susan S.

Very well, even inspected my other doors

Description of Work
New rollers on 2 car garage

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

04/19/2017

Jason H.

I called for someone to come out to look at my garage door to be serviced. A third party Superior contracts with came out, no mention that that would take place, and wants a $100 deposit to come back with parts (a strut for support on the door's bottom panel), has a black invoice with no letterhead or card or anything for the company. His number was a Los Angeles number, I'm calling a local company and when I called the company to communicate my concerns (same number I called originally and same number I got from Angie's List), they answered "Hello", I asked what company this is and they said it was something completely different than a Garage Door company. I told them my concerns and that I wanted to cancel my business with them, the lady said "ok", I asked "that's all you've got to say is OK?" and she hung up, Brutal. So many red flags.

Description of Work
Service for a panel that bowed when the door was all the way open.

Work Completed On 04/19/2017

[Member Name Removed] I am so sorry about your experience, however, it was not with our company. I'm not quite sure what has happened, but I am the only one answering the phone. I always answer, "Superior Garage Door".... furthermore, we are a small "mom and pop" company. It is just my husband and I, we do NOT give work to third party companies. If possible, can you look back on your phone to confirm the phone number called and the time. I can cross reference the information to confirm what is happening. Furthermore, we have no Los Angeles phone number, and all our paperwork says Superior Garage Door of Riverside. Again, I'm truely sorry about your experience, but it was not with our company.

03/01/2017

Paul C.

Amazing quality of service. Scott was completely professional doing nothing less than an outstanding job. He paid great attention to detail making sure that all parts of the complex job were done perfectly. He carefully checked and measured all parts adjusting them for best operation. Due to a manufacturing defect from the supplier (not Superior Garage Door's fault) he had to replace one of the panels. That was done quickly and on my schedule. Buy with confidence, there's few companies of this quality.

Description of Work
Needed to have two doors replaced - a 16 foot wide and a 7 foot wide door and to have the opener replaced.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

12/21/2016

Douglas R.

Punctual, courteous, and the job got done in a timely fashion. Could not have gone better.

Description of Work
Had a garage door spring replaced. Lubed and greased the whole assembly.

Work Completed On 12/21/2016

12/11/2016

Marcus V.

We needed a new garage door to improve curb appeal as we are going to put our house on the market in a few months. I called Superior and Scott came out to check the details. They did courtesy texts to let me know when Scott was on his way for the consultation and the install. I was looking for a least expensive roll-up garage door. He made some recommendations and I agreed with the type of door. We set a date for the install. I was out of town on that day, but my wife said it took somewhere between 3 to 4 hours. I love the door and it looks and works great. Superior Garage Door was a pleasure to work with, from first phone call, to paying AFTER the work is done. I confidently recommend the company.

Description of Work
I needed my old two car garage door removed and a new roll-up installed without an automatic opener.

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

07/19/2016

daniel R.

I had excellent service from them. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
I used Superior Garage Door. They took off my old garage door and my old garage door opener. I had a brand new 2 inch insulated garage door.

Work Completed On 05/15/2016

06/20/2016

Renee J.

They responded right away and came to service my door the same day. Very professional. The service man fixed up our door with the minor adjustments it needed and taught me how to take care of things in between professional tune-ups. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Garage Door tune-up

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

06/01/2016

Sheri T.

I backed into my garage door accidently. Both cars were trapped. I called the first place who promised to be there quickly. Didn’t come for 8hrs. I was given this company and called. They had someone there in a half hr. they fixed it temporarily until the panel could be ordered. They were exceptional!

Description of Work
Came and replaced one panel of our garage door, I backed into it. They were amazing in customer service.