Patio Warehouse Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2009

211 W Katella Ave Suite H

Orange, CA 92867

Started in 2005, Patio Warehouse specializes in aluminum patio covers & sunrooms. We install Elitewood patio covers, Alumawood patio covers, Apollo opening louvered patio covers, patio enclosures, sunrooms, and the new LifeRoom patio cover. Visit our showroom in Orange, CA.

04/20/2017

Mark S.

Depending on how the project turns out, I will use them again.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate. The work in is progress.

11/15/2016

Colleen V.

I found Patio Warehouse on AngiesList and Yelp and decided to go with them based on all of the good reviews. I am happy to write another good review for them. Our project ended up being much more difficult than originally anticipated, but the people at Patio Warehouse worked hard to get everything done - even when it required a lot of extra work on their part. They went above and beyond to make us happy. Compared to a lot of projects they do, ours was pretty small and we really appreciated their time, effort and commitment to our project. I'm sure many other companies would have pulled out after the first speed bump (and there were many), but they did not and they never treated us as if we were an inconvenience (even though we definitely were!). I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We put a patio cover in our backyard.

Category electrician, ceiling fans, stamped concrete, patios

07/15/2016

Jeff T.

Overall the final product looks great and excellent work. Very happy with it. Owner Jarod was very helpful, direct, honest, quick and straightforward with his recommendations understanding our budget range and our relatively simple project. Fernando and his team also excellent. Appreciate their hard work over 1.5 days. Only thing for future consideration/improvement is clearer communication via e-mail or text in terms of the installation date and arrival times. But overall great company and appreciate it.

Description of Work
Dispose of old wood patio and add new lattice aluminum patio in backyard.

Category lighting, patios

04/19/2016

Ellen I.

Did not use. The above approximate cost of service is just a ballpark figure since I did not receive an estimate from this company.

Description of Work
Over two weeks ago, I called to schedule an estimate for a new patio, concrete or pavers to replace all existing cement (the area is approximately 2,600 square feet) and the possibility of a sunroom. I was told that the earliest available appointment would be 4/19/16. We set an appointment for that date. This morning (4/18/16), I emailed the company to confirm the appointment and received a return email stating that yes, someone would be at my house at 10:00 am on 4/19/16 for my free design consultation. At approximately 4:30 pm today, I received a call from "Jeff" stating that they are no longer taking new jobs and my appointment for tomorrow would be cancelled. While I understand that they are busy and that is a good thing for them, the reason for my low ratings are because they cancelled at the 11th hour. In my opinion, this is not a good way to do business, nor is it a good reflection of their company.

Category concrete repair, sunrooms, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Hi [Member Name Removed], we are no longer accepting jobs outside of Orange County due to our high demand of installations in Orange Couunty. We apologize for the last minute cancellation. We hope you can find a local contractor in your area. If you need assistance finding a reputable contractor like Patio Warehouse please call me directly at 714-771-6400 and I can give you some referrals in the LA area.

03/26/2016

Paul B.

They were here August of 2015. It cost $13000. They were very quick on the demolition but there were a few quirks in the process but they did a good job. I thought it came out really well. I thought they were all good, pretty good guys.

Description of Work
They installed a patio cover with lighting, heating and ceiling fan for us.

Category electrician, lighting, patios

03/14/2016

ANDREA L.

I love how responsive and communicative as well as accommodating they are. The specialist is Paul, he's professional and punctual. He's very knowledgable and tries to suggest various of options enthusiastically. Even tho I'm not too into Salesmanship type personalities and humor/sarcasm, I can tell Paul is doing a good job. My experience w this company is a good one, the quote is much higher than I expected, but the owner messaged me to tell me about Hero program to help me manage the financial stress. It shows that they're running a good business and customer service is also great.

Description of Work
consultation

03/07/2016

Gregory T.

They came out and gave me an estimate on installing a Patio cover for me. I called another vender for another bid. They were more expensive. Patio World was able to give me a better price that would fit my budget. The quality of the materials was important to me, I didn't want something that looked cheap. The project specialist, Adrain was prompt courteous and very professional. They were ready to do the install but had to wait for me to do repairs and return from vacation to do the install. As soon as I was ready they did the install. It took Freddy and his crew a day to do the install. It was quick clean and neat. They met my expectations for quality and price. Would I use them again? yes

Description of Work
Installed a patio cover and fan

Category awnings, electrician, ceiling fans, sunrooms, patios

01/29/2016

Yasmin B.

On December 18, 2015, I paid the down payment ($1,000.00), in person, for my patio installation. At the time of payment, Laura stated that the installer, Mario, would be coming to my home, on December 21, 2015, to inspect the area where the patio will be installed; Mario did not show-up or call. On January 2, 2016, Mario called me at ~2:30 p.m., and asked me if I will be available at 3:45 p.m. for a same-day inspection; ?I said yes!? When Mario arrived at my home, he did the walk-through inspection of the area where my patio will be installed. He was a nice guy, who understood our needs, and he was very knowledge about the installation process. On this date, I paid my second payment, to Mario, of $6,000.00 (materials and walk-through fees). On January 4, I called Laura and asked her to email me a receipt for the $6,000.00 payment; on January 6, 2016, I received the receipt. On January 4, during my conversation with Laura, I asked her confirm the new date that my patio would be installed, she stated that she would contact Mario and ask him to call me to confirm a new date for my patio installation. Mario called me and stated that he would install my patio on January 11 through 12, 2016, providing it does not rain; it did rain. He stated that if it does rain, he would do the installation on January 15 and 16, 2016, but Mario was a no-show ? there was no call to let us know that he would not do the installation on the aforementioned dates. On January 15, I called Mario to learn the status of our patio installation; he said that he would arrive for installation on Monday, January 18, 2016, between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Mario and his team showed up, on this date, at ~9:45 a.m., and started our patio installation. Ultimately, Mario and his team did an excellent job on our patio. It looks great!

Description of Work
Built an aluminum patio cover.

07/21/2015

Wayne G.

We got three bids for the new patio cover and Patio Warehouse seemed the most reasonable. Not the cheapest, but we thought that they offered good value. We had a little problem with the permitting, as Irvine requires a permit for the replacement of a patio cover, even if other communities don't and that cost me an additional $350.00. Once the installation was scheduled everything went well. The workmen were scheduled at 8:00 AM and at 7:45 their truck drove up. When they started the demo of the old patio and the installation of the new patio, things when pretty quick. They hauled away the old patio and did an excellent job of cleaning up the area before they left. We have had the new patio up for nine months and it still looks good. We are happy with our decision.

Description of Work
Replaced an old wood patio cover with a new aluminum one.

06/29/2015

Luanne M.

The group was timely, professional and cleaned up everything. I would certainly recommend them

Description of Work
Put up 2 aluminum patios

01/19/2015

Kevin D.

The project went well and we are happy with the patio covers. We originally were going to replace all three patio covers, but we went with two "awing" type lattices on one side instead of the normal patio cover on one side. The job was done in time and for the contracted amount. It has added value to our property.

Description of Work
Installed 2 patio covers and 2 window awning covers.

11/12/2014

Klaus S.

I needed a replacement of my rotted wooden patio cover and called the Patio Warehouse among others for an estimate. I wanted a high quality aluminum structure of more generous dimensions and some unique design features. Jeff Shore, owner of Patio Warehouse, came to my house the next day. He understood what I had in mind, laid out a proposal and contrasted the characteristics of his recommended materials with less costly choices. In comparison with other proposals, Jeff?s price was not the lowest by a fair margin, but there were some quality construction and the aforementioned material details that did not exist in the lower bids, so I decided on a gut feeling to give the job to Patio Warehouse and I am glad I did: For one, Jeff ruled every argument with the installation team in my favor and honored without hesitation several details that we had discussed during the proposal but were not spelled out in the written contract - which in my experience is a rare show of a contractor?s integrity. When all was finished and done in good time, I was very satisfied with the workmanship, quality, and appearance of the structure. I strongly recommend Jeff Shore and Patio Warehouse to others for a quality product at a competitive price from a contractor who stands by his word.

Description of Work
Replacement of rotted wood patio cover (277 sqft) with aluminum lattice structure of larger size (423 sqft)

Category awnings, woodworking, patios

11/05/2014

rick S.

We were very happy with the service. Unfortunately, our last rain we did have some leaking. I contacted the company about it and they said they will be sending someone out to take a look. They did a beautiful job and made great suggestions. The pricing was very fair and I would recommend them to anyone. Jared came out for the estimate and a crew of 5 came out for the project. They completed the job in about 1 week. We had no problem scheduling the service.

Description of Work
I hired the company to build a new patio for us.

10/16/2014

Chris R.

This experience was a mixed bag. The first contact with the salesman, went well, he was pleasant an knowledgeable, he measured and gave us an estimate, and we scheduled the work to be done. The estimate was a blanket estimate with no detail or itemization which we would have been more comfortable with. He said that his foreman would be in touch with us right away. The foreman came out, was very pleasant, viewed the job site made an adjustment to the plans eliminating one of the supports which he said we would get credit for and would call the salesman for the cost adjustment and they would contact us. weeks went by and we repeatedly had to ask for the credit. The salesman never did call us back, but we finally received the credit from the office. Originally the install was scheduled for October 4th. That was a day both my wife and I had off and wanted to be there. The day before the scheduled work, the foreman called and said they had cut the material from the wrong color and we would have to reschedule which we did. I had to take a day off from work in order to meet this new appointment. They day of the install, the foreman showed up early with one other installer and got to work. At the initial meeting with the foreman he assured me no to worry about removing the items on the patio that they would do everything. Wanting everything to go smoothly, the day before I removed the potted plants, most of the furniture, and the carpet, everything except the rug pad and the sectional. As the crew started work, they dragged the sectional off the patio, but left the rug pad and started walking all over it with their tools and ladders. I said "Hey guys, I moved everything else for you, can we move the rug pad?" which they finally did. After that the work went smoothly and quickly. They were done in about 4 hours. But the quality of the installation was lacking. They left a very noticeable 2 inch gap where the header meets the house, and the molding on the outside we were told would extend 4-6 inches was actually 13 and looks very odd considering the size of the cover. Not great installation. When they were finished, the slid the sectional back on the patio and left. Not even an offer to reload the furniture back onto the patio. So Much for the offer that they would take care of everything. This wasn't a terrible job, but not a great one either. I am sure I could have gotten worse, but I am also sure I could have gotten better.

Description of Work
We had a 15 x 15 Patio cover installed

10/13/2014

Steven W.

I was not completely thrilled with them. They did a good job, but I was mislead during the negotiation process. I feel like I got a good deal, but it was still $9,000. I liked the installation crew. We had an issue and it took five or six calls trying to locate them. They just were not responsive when we needed them to fix something.

Description of Work
I used Patio Warehouse.

09/16/2014

MAURETTA S.

It went well! They did a good job! Their price was good!

Description of Work
They put a patio in!

Category decks

08/30/2014

lorraine M.

The estimate process was thorough and they put everything in writing. They promised not to change the price and stuck to their promise. The workers were all professional and punctual.

Description of Work
They tore down our entire backyard, including old patio and deck, and replaced it with concrete and new patio covers.

Category concrete repair, patios

07/17/2014

david C.

Sent an email to Patio Warehouse through Angie's List and received a response within an hour. Spoke with Jeff the President and set an appointment for In-Home Consultation three days later. He was professional and explained everything in detail. No pressure to commit and we felt comfortable enough to commit and proceed with signing contract on the spot. They do accept credit cards and charged down payment first and then two separate payments after which was convenient. A few days later received call from Tony the project manager who was professional and great to work with. Once the materials were in we scheduled a day for the work to be done. I was amazed that Tony and his two grandsons also Tony and Frank tore down the old patio cover and put up the new patio cover in under six hours. They cleaned up after as well and was impressed with their work ethic.

Description of Work
Install Elite Wood Ultra Driftwood Lattice patio cover.

06/20/2014

Eric L.

The work was well done and the result is beautiful. They installed the fan and lights to our liking. My main complaint was the lack of communication by the project manager after we signed the contract. We ordered custom pillars. We were told afterward it would be 4-5 weeks for them to arrive. They were prompt in installing the footings and working with the paver company. We were OK with waiting because we wanted to paint the house. After 5 weeks had passed and we heard nothing, I called Mario. He informed me that the pillars were not in and he expected them the next week. Needless to say they did not arrive until the following week and only after I badgered him and the office with phone calls did they finally locate and install the patio cover just 2 days before we were leaving on vacation. During the job Mario left early on the first day. On the second day we were working and he called me midday at work and informed me they needed to get in the house to finish the electrical. Again, lack of communication and coordination with our schedules.

Description of Work
Patio cover and associated fans and lighting.

Category lighting, patios

06/06/2014

Michael B.

I am a very demanding and knowledgeable customer expecting a great product, quality workmanship, responsive customer service and prompt attention to details. I vetted several patio installing companies before selecting Patio Warehouse to install our new patio. I could not be more pleased with the results. Despite being a more demanding project, Patio Warehouse met every one of my concerns and promptly responded to any issues that I may have had. The work crews were polite, sensitive to our environment and cleaned-up the work place every day. Most often, I am hesitant to make recommendations. However, when I receive a great product, outstanding customer service and at a competitive price, I want to tell everyone.

Description of Work
Installed patio cover.

Category awnings, sunrooms, patios

05/26/2014

Kenny S.

Overall it went well. We were excited to have gone with patio warehouse because of the reviews and the salesman. The order was placed and the job was finished in one day compared to the 2 days quoted. The contractor asked the right questions regarding placement if beams and fan. We arrived to our yard happy and pleased with this brand new 70% cover. I would have liked it if the team would have been more tidy after the job was done. We are also waiting to heard back regarding just a couple uneven beams that were measured incorrectly off the facia that was already uneven. We are happy with our very nice looking patio cover.

Description of Work
Elite wood patio cover

Category awnings, roofing, patios

05/05/2014

Janice S.

Patio Warehouse installed a lattice patio cover just outside our master bedroom. We are loving our new cover and it is helping keep our bedroom so much cooler. We are enjoying sitting under it and enjoying the day watching our dogs play in the backyard. The sales person (Adrian) was very informative, nice and helpful and came out right away. The install went up fast and smoothly.

Description of Work
Installed a lattice patio cover

04/17/2014

kan Z.

Finally, I find some time to sit down and write my review on this project. My review is not only to the contractor, but more of sharing my experience of handling a home project from beginning to end, hoping to help other homeowners. First, I want to tell everyone I am more than 100% satisfied with the patio cover work from Patio Warehouse. I have a Apollo Louvered System on my back yard, size 16'by 19'. And I have a solid roof with skylight in my atrium, size 10'by 12'. As usual, I spent lots of time doing research and shop around. My goal, as always, to get the best stuff with the most reasonable price. It's not always the cheapest. Because you need to keep the quality of the service and customer support after installation in the picture. You might not know for sure until things happen, but you can get some idea from reviews and face-to-face talk to the contractor. I had Patio Depot, Patio by B&B, California Sunroom, Southern California Rooms, AlumaWood Factory Direct (equinox louvered), besides Patio Warehouse come to my house for design proposals and price quotes. The back yard is facing direct south which is super hot in the summer, the atrium is fairly shady. I want to make the backyard more enjoyable with the concern of making the family room next to it too dark. And I want to make the atrium fully covered to make a kid's playhouse or my gym. So the options I have are either Louvered System which give me the flexibility of light but expensive or solid roof with skylight. I end up having the ideal design of having louvered system in the backyard and solid roof in the atrium, which seems the most cost effective design to me. There are three manufacturers doing the solid roof, Amerimax, Duralum and Metals USA. The first two also make louvered system, called Equinox and Apollo respectively. For solid roof, MUSA is having the best material and best warranty. For louvered, I am not able to find much info online. And either contractor gave me really negative points to the other. From what I see on the demo sample or showroom units, I think they are similar in the metal material, which is not sheet formed. Not sure about the coating. Things I like about the Apollo is 1. close to a flat surface. 2. powered by AC-to-DC power supply, vs equinox is by solar and battery. Here solar is not a good idea, because the lourver is not often used while the battery has average of 3-4years life time. Being somewhat exposed to the hot weather, the battery will last significantly less time. Equinox is much cheaper based on the quote I got. But with extremely bad quoting experience with the vendor, I ruled Equinox out no matter what. (I am not going to extend the story with them here, but better stay away from that contractor). Another difficulty I have is to deal with the HOA for permit. Sunroom is NOT allowed by the HOA strictly. But I was not given a clear answer about the solid or louvered cover, since most people just do wood lattice cover. All contractors are willing to deal with city with engineering drawing support. But most of them push the HOA work to me. Some told me I can only do open lattice, some told me louvered is the only choice. But no one was sure. The reason I chose Jeff's company is his willings to accommodate my design request and to talk to my HOA for possibility. When you are looking for a contractor, you need to look for his desire to take your business. If they don't have the motivation, either they are already loaded with enough job or you squeezed their profit too low, you'd better not go with them. The manager of the HOA didn't allow me to have the solid roof in the atrium initally. However, Jeff changed her mind after a long talk with the manager. (thumb up). Although I didn't know beforehand, I like the way Patio warehouse handle the project. They have a person handling the permits, one person handling the payments and scheduling. There are different teams in charge of the hardscaping work (digging holes, pouring concrete footings, patch up existing flagstone) and the patio installation. Jeff will from time to time step in, overseeing the progress. Whenever I email or text Jeff, he reply within a reasonable time with his best knowledgable answer. It took 2-3 days to install the solid roof. It's at the height I wanted, with skylight and fan. I also added a exterior light to the wall and a power recepticle to a corner of the patio. It took about 4 days to install the louvered system, excluding the time for the footing and poles.It immediately became the highlight of the backyard. During the heavy rainy days in the spring, the louver system was well tested which is 100% waterproof. Right after the installation, I realize of one motor for the louver has slightly louder noise in higher frequency than the other. I pointed out the installer and also to Jeff. They didn't question my concern but initiated the replacement process with the factory right away. It end up been rejected by the factory since there is no spec on the noise level of the motor as long as it's functional. However Jeff stood up firmly behind his work, replaced the motor at his own cost to gain the customer satisfactory. There are some suggestions I want to make to Jeff which I mentioned in one of the emails to him as well. A project manager or coordinator is very very important. Before the project, he/she needs to spend time with the customer to make sure all the details of the project based on the contract, give a good vision to the customer of the overall effect. Pass all the info to the related staff to make sure a correct installation before the start. Once start, he/she needs to follow up with the progress every day on both sides. Things don't happen as planned 90% of time. He/she needs to handle the dynamics, get updates from the project leader first and update to the customer before the next day's job. This way, less mistake made, customer satisfaction more likely achieved. In my experience, I had the solid roof up before I even know it. It end up quite some more work for the staff to install the switch, light and recepticle. To any homeowners reading this, expecting to hire contractors, I also have some suggestions. It's hard to have everything ready when you are quoting. Before you sign the contract, it's good to go over all the design details yourself or with your family first, making sure everything on the paper is what you want and all you want is on the paper. Don't hesitate to tell the contractor if you change your mind and want to add things. The earlier you tell them, the higher chance you they can make it done for you. Beside the patio cover job, I also have my side yard poured with concrete by Patio Warehouse. It's still working in progress right now, which is not quite as I expected. But the team is still working h****** it. I will probably write a separate review on the hardscaping job or add updates to this review later. Thanks again to the fantastic job Patio Warehouse has done to my house. I highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
Apollo Louvered Patio Cover in the back yard, MUSA solid patio cover in the atrium and concrete in the side yard.

Category awnings, concrete repair, electrician, landscaping, lighting, hardscaping, patios

03/28/2014

Robyn C.

This was a wonderful experience. Our patio was crying out for a pergola. Paul came to our house, spent a lot of time showing me options, and wrote up a quote right there. Then a few days later Mario came out to take engineering measurements and start the permit process. Mario and his helper were so fast. They built the steps, finished with stucco, and prepped the space for the pergola. The only snafu was waiting for the city inspectors, who have their own schedule. There was a delay, and some confusion, but the office was very responsive to my concerns. In the end Mario did a beautiful job of my pergola and the mosaic tiles on my two steps. We are so pleased with our pergola that we are having some more decorative awnings installed on our garage.

Description of Work
Installed an aluminum pergola over our tiled raised patio, and built and tiled some steps to my patio.

Category awnings, garage builders, stucco, patios

03/14/2014

Stephen S.

I called to get a quote from this company to replace my patio cover that has started to come down and became a safety hazard for my family and 2 dogs. I set up an appointment with one of their sales reps Paul for Friday 3/14. it was my day off from work and my wife had also taken off to meet with him, as we make all home decisions together and we were both going to enjoy the new patio together. The appointment was set over the phone for 9am. He never showed up or called. 9am came and went. At 10 am I called his phone.it went to voicemail. I left a message asking what was up and if we were still on. No response. I called back at 1030am and left a voicemail to cancel the appointment and our business with this unreliable company. DO NOT USE. they don't care enough about their customers obviously, especially when it's a safety issue involved. UPDATE: at around 12pm or so (3 hrs after the scheduled time) the Patio Warehouse rep called. I saw who it was and ignored the call as my business was done with them. I didn't need to great any sorry excuses on why they didnt show up. They called again and I again ignored the call. You only get one chance to make a first and LASTING impression. PW didn't, but everything happens for a reason... and we are glad we were able to find a real business with a real owner who cares, with the OTHER company I located on n Angies List after the fiasco with Patio Warehouse I called another top rated Angies List company who WAS very customer focused and had a GREAT talk with the owner (not just as a company/product but as a cool person who I could see as a true friend and who was down to earth) who # promptly # made an appt to see me the same afternoon. It was a night and day experience. Not only did we totally trust this other contractor, but they offered to do the demolition for us to ensure our safety (and our 2 dogs) # regardless # of if we did the replacement/New patio construction work worth them or not. With Patio warehouse, they said they would absolutely NOT do the demo without a contract for the entire job. Customer service and FIRST impressions are VERY important to both my wife and I, as I'm sure it is to many others out there. If so, don't waste your time with Patio Warehouse. It's just a sales pitch with no pride, or caring about their work or about their customers. Look elsewhere. Plenty of other folks also have Elitewood products. Find a company that stands by their word and cares about you as a person and understands your unique situation. EDIT 4/6/14 - The company DID set up the appointment with me. The sales person FORGOT about the appt (double booked) and they admitted as much in a voice mail on my home phone. They did admit this mistake and were very apologetic. I was very surprised of their lack of professionalism with all the good reviews that I saw on their profile. That was one of the main reasons I picked them to get a quote in the first place. I can understand how they may get busy and forget but its still not acceptable. I did not **just** want demo work done as they stated in their reply, I need a new patio. My house is unfinished without it now and I had to put up an easy up to cover/protect my dogs during the day from the harsh sun. The demo was part of the work that needed to be done. This company didn't want to do DEMO as a separate line item on my quote and only wanted to do the demo if I did the complete package all at once, which I couldn't agree to without getting at least one other quote (they were the first company I dealt with/called). I told them the demo needed to be done *immediately* because it was about to fall down on my family or my dogs. Good thing I found another company that did do the demo work for me even without a full patio agreement. We just had a severe earthquake last week in So Cal that would have surely caused it to come down. The company did call me and left several messages that they would offer me an amazing deal on a new patio to show good faith and that they do stand by their work and that they did make a mistake. I can appreciate that. We are still considering all our options. Im sure this company DOES do good work as shown by their other "A" rated reviews. Its a very unfortunate situation that happened to give my wife and I such a bad first taste to this company.

Description of Work
They did nothing at all and they didn't meet their customers needs. They did not show up at the scheduled appointment time or call to say they had to cancel. See details below.

Category patios

Patio Warehouse never set up an appointment with this customer. We are not a demolition company. We are an installation company; however, we will remove your old cover with installation of new patio cover. This customer wanted demolition only and we do not offer that service. Patio Warehouse cares about every customer. Please refer to all of our previous reviews with customers that we actually worked with. This review in no way accurately characterizes our business and how we run it. - Jeff Shore President & Founder