American Vision Windows

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2010

548 W KATELLA AVE

Orange, CA 92867

Founding owners, husband and wife team Bill and Kathleen, started out as ordinary customers, looking to upgrade their own home with replacement windows and replacement patio doors. Seeking an energy-saving window and door solution, they found a series of poor contractors and a need for an improved service that customers can rely on. Bill and Kathleen felt that they could do it better and they have been revolutionizing the home improvement industry one customer at a time for over 15 years. American Vision Window is now the number one window replacement company in California and Arizona, and service areas include Ventura County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Greater San Jose Area, and Arizona....

07/26/2022

Raul G.

Team that installed windows was great. Very professional and great attitude. Explained the process and teams worked fast. My only complaint would be with customer service. They never reached out for delays( I had to call) and I'm still waiting for a itemized receipt. Called and left message and still no response from them. Windows are great and beautiful, team that installed great also.. just lacking customer service for such a high dollar investment

Description of Work
Windows replaced

06/30/2022

Marjory S.

Omar and Luis, of American Vision Windows , were very professional and efficient and very friendly and accommodating. They were the first workmen I’ve had for a long time who covered rugs to to protect them while they worked. That made me very happy. The finished product looks great.

Description of Work
Completion of new French door installation.

Category doors

01/21/2022

Marilyn M.

I am so delighted with the service American Vision Windows provided to replace our old 1981 aluminium windows. The crew, Jeremy, Eddie, Richerd, Leo and Justin Radley, arrived a little early and went to work immediately. Wow, they worked fast and effecient. I certainly appreciated the professionalism, teamwork and politeness. Thank you for your great work AND the windows look beautiful. Thank you American Vision Windows, everyone we dealt with were so knowledgeable and friendly. That includes Don, Christian, Chloe and Jennifer.

Description of Work
Replaced windows and patio doors

12/17/2021

Joycelyn C.

Excellent. I ordered in October and they are already in. The customer service was excellent and the installers very professional and courteous. I can stand in front of the windows on a 38 F degree morning (rare in AZ) and not feel a bit of cold! Can't wait to see how it helps my summer temps in those west facing windows.

Description of Work
I had two custom windows replaced

Category contractors

12/09/2021

John M.

It was suspicious when they asked for 50% down which California law says is not legal. Then it was even more suspicious when they said they couldn't install my new windows for five months. And at that time they kept delaying that too. I asked for my money back and they said it was too late even though my windows weren't even created yet for another five months. They used the pandemic as an excuse and to con me. Unless you're a celebrity (and ordering tens of thousands of dollars of windows), they treat you like a nobody and you're last on their list. One was a slider glass door and I have been unable to enter my backyard because it won't open properly. I tried to cancel service with American Window after one month of ordering realizing something didn't seem right. They said I couldn't cancel and that my windows were already being manufactured. Four months later they told me the same thing. Stay away. I now have to pay fully for windows I will just have to throw away because I had to get another company to come and install windows which only took three weeks from order to install.

Description of Work
New Windows

Category replacement windows, window treatments

12/06/2021

Lois V.

Install team was excellent! They supplied 6 carpenters to get the rough install completed in one day. They arrived on time and all workers were courteous and competent. Clean up was spotless. Javier and Ian returned the next day to complete the trim and fine carpentry. Their attention to detail was exquisite and their williness to answer any and all questions was exemplary. Javier and Ian were both so personable and tried to be as inconspicuous as possible. They represent their company well!

Description of Work
Replaced 9 windows

11/06/2021

William M.

Very well. Hector, Erick, and Nate were very professional

Description of Work
Installed 2 windows and 1 patio door

11/02/2021

Karen M.

Bright and early at 9AM Saturday, October 30, 2021, Carlos and Eddie were here for the installation of my beautiful, new fandango, upgraded, non-leaking, only two finger pressure needed to open and close (saving the back), sliding glass door! 🙋🏼♀️ They were very friendly and professional. I enjoyed chatting with the men and I was very pleased to find out Carlos is the longest (19 years experience) working employee at American Vision Windows. Eddie felt blessed to be working with Carlos and their teamwork and happiness to be working for this company is very apparent. I will definitely recommend family and friends for upgraded windows by American Vision Windows. I am only sad that Covid has interrupted their business timetable causing production to be much delayed. I do hope that individuals are able to give grace in the fact that right now production is quite slowed. I am looking forward to receiving my screen door soon. 😁 Thank you

Description of Work
Upgraded sliding glass door

10/28/2021

Tim A.

The group performing the work showed up promptly at 9 AM as promised. The crew chief Omar G. Was amazing. We walked through every window needing to be replaced and then him and his group helped to move furniture out of the way and cover with plastic wrap that they had brought. They covered every piece of furniture in all the rooms to avoid dust or dirt. They also brought cloth runners for all the pathways they would walk in my home and placed drop covers under each window to collect excess debris from the installation. The group worked as a team to execute The extraction and installation of multiple windows. They kept me informed of their process as they went along, when complete Omar performed A walk-through of every window installation showing me how to operate the multiple kinds of windows that I had and little tricks as to how to remove the glass panes for cleaning and how to properly pull and re place The screens. They their own cleanup of all walkways and areas under windows. They did such a good job I did not feel like I needed to do anything once they left. I could’ve had guests over and they would never have known work had been performed over the last 7 hours. I highly recommend this company to be used whether you are over seeing their installation or if you allow them access to your home without you being present. Highly trust worthy, highly efficient. My group of workers consisted of - Group leader Omar G, , Raul, Justin R, Matthew A and Ian. Five stars across-the-board… Thanks again American Vision Windows.

Description of Work
Complete window replacement on 9 windows

Category replacement windows, window treatments

08/01/2021

MICHELLE DOMENICO D.

From inception to finish the job was simply WELL DONE! We had to postpone of 2 weeks the installment due to personal reasons and we were well accommodated. On July 30, 2021 three crews arrived to our home with 3 vehicles. They covered our furnitures and floors with sheets of plastic, canvas and cardboard and worked precisely and accurately first to dismantle and then to install our newly made windows. The team spoke rarely and each member worked seriously, indefatigably, with high profession and autonomy. No, radio played, no distraction of phone. We observed in awe the individual and the team work that proceeded and ended with only 2 very brief breaks. We would like to thank in particular the Installers of the Simi Valley Branch Roberto, Jose V., Richard and their Team Jose S., Emanuel, Justin #2, Emidio M. each and all very meticulous, strong, clean and owner of mastery in their jobs. We are congratulating the Owners and the Leaders of American Vision Windows, Simi Valley for their business and a good job well done! Our neighbors are already taking note and some are asking us how satisfied we are!

Description of Work
20 windows + 1 back door

Category contractors

07/26/2021

Angie H.

Gina Perrin and Laura Cox were very knowledgeable sales people, and both took the time to answer all my questions, as well as help me pick the best possible package for my home. The installation could not have run more smoothly. Gabriel and his crew: Jose S., Carlos, Eddie, Manuel, Jeremy, Luis M., and Justin R. were fast, friendly, and professional. Installation of 27 windows was completed on a 2-story house in about 7 hours! I was blown away. They cleaned up behind themselves really well, too. My house is now quiet, cool, and beautiful! Neighbors have already stopped by to compliment the new look and ask for referrals. Thank you, American Vision Windows.

Description of Work
Replaced all my windows.

07/23/2021

Audrey E.

It went very well. Installers helped me prepare space and covered the space with plastic sheeting. They were very careful to leave the space clean, vacuuming up any debris. I appreciated the high quality of craftsmanship they displayed. Two windows were obscured glass in a 1974 orange color. The others were single pane regular windows. I wanted to get a clear view and illuminate a lot of the noise with the double pane windows.

Description of Work
Replaced four original windows

07/09/2021

Candy J.

The initial contact with the office was pleasant and the ease of obtaining an appointment was great. The Project Manager, TJ Pitillo, was very courteous, professional and explained the process, quality of Windows, window measurements and projected wait time for installation. We highly recommend him. Todd, the staff who measured the windows, was very prompt, courteous, professional and knowledgeable in what he was doing. He answered our questions satisfactorily and patiently as well. We had American Windows install our bedroom windows in 2005 and we were satisfied with the quality of work and response to issues or questions that came up in the interim. We would highly recommend this company to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Window replacements

05/14/2021

Clence B.

Alan was amazing, he was courteous, professional and detail-oriented. I can't wait for the completion of the installation to see the final product.

Description of Work
Measurement of windows and doors for retrofit installation

Category contractors, replacement windows, doors

05/13/2021

Marla M.

Patio Door replaced in late 2021. All the persons I dealt with were professional and straightforward. The person who came to measure was helpful and explained the installation process well. The two installers were quick, clean, and they were done in less than 4 hours as promised. Very happy.

Description of Work
Patio Door replacement

Category doors

04/08/2021

RON K.

From the initial request for a quote, to deciding which products would be best for my house, to the exacting measurement to make sure things are just right. Don, Gabby, Julia, and Christian provide excellent service, punctuality, and responsiveness. American Vision Windows has a great team.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

03/15/2021

Teri C.

This employee-vested company excels in customer care. Even though their price wasn’t the cheapest for my window replacement, I went with this company because I like their values and their vibe. And I have absolutely no regrets! Carlos and Eddie finished the install in short order today and my windows are gorgeous! I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Four Windows replaced in master bed/bath

02/13/2021

Mary S.

Just ordered the windows. Not installed yet. The company returned our request for a quote and met with us before any other companies even returned our calls. They have already been back for a final measurement

Description of Work
Replace sliding glass door

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your in-progress A rating! We can't wait to hear about your finished project! American Vision Windows greatly appreciates your business and thanks you for selecting us for your window replacement needs!

02/10/2021

Priscilla B.

It was a great experience. The 4 young men were professional and efficient.

Description of Work
All windows replaced

Category contractors, replacement windows

Thank you very much for the A rating! We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with our crew! We will be sure to pass along the compliments to our crew. Thank you for choosing American Vision Windows in Orange County for your window and door replacement needs!

12/03/2020

S R.

Excellent service. Don and Christian were prompt, courteous and extremely knowledgable in ALL aspects of window replacement and installation. Detail oriented! I am replacing all of the windows in my house and I would definitely recommend American Vision Windows. This is my second time using them.

Description of Work
Replace windows

11/16/2020

Meredith W.

Overall, I felt cat-fished by this company. They have hundreds of great reviews, a very professional website, and the salesman promised the world when we bought our windows. I was confident I’d done my research and found the best company for the job. But several months after paying for the windows and far past our expected date for installation, I had to call and ask if they’d ever come. They apologized for the wait, assured me it was for COVID reasons, and a scheduled to install the windows a few weeks later (3 months after purchasing the windows). On our installation date, they never showed up and never called to provide an explanation. Again, I had to initiate contact to get the job done. They apologized several times assured me a project manager would call me back and make things right. That was four days ago and I’m still waiting on the call. It’s important to mention that I asked to cancel without penalties and was never seriously considered. If I had been allowed that opportunity I would have 100% cancelled. Frankly, the customer service here isn’t what they advertise. They’re very friendly but don’t keep their word. If you want a reliable company you can count on to show up or keep you updated, American Vision is not the company.

Description of Work
Window installation

Category replacement windows

We don’t like to hear that your experience with us hasn’t been a good one, but we appreciate your feedback. At American Vision Windows, we never want our customers to feel that we don’t keep our word and are not reliable. We take great pride in our customer service and work hard to make sure our customers are more than satisfied. The situation you have described is out of character for us and we will be looking into your project further to rectify the situation. Please feel free to give us a call anytime at (805) 410-1289.

10/21/2020

Stanley B.

I’ve used American Vision Windows in the past and praise, hallelujah, bow down to the window Gods.... they’ve come through again! From sales guy Armen right through to the flawless installer-pros of Javier, Alejandro, Leo, and Ian, it couldn’t have gone smoother. These guys know their biz. Gorgeous affordable perfectly replicated windows (we were sticklers on having absolutely identical windows to the 1956 story book ranch ones we had... but waaaay better) installed in what seemed like no time... fast, clean, friendly and, well, AWESOME! Ya don’t need to spend a billion dollars to get great quality lifetime windows guys! Just use American Vision Windows and be wowed. Getting new windows doesn’t have to be a pane in the ***.... (see what I did there? Uh huh? Did ya? That’s right. You got it. I know... hilarious.

Description of Work
Replaced 10 windows

Category contractors, egress windows

10/13/2020

Rico D.

Octavio, Jesse, Hugo, Edgar did an excellent job. Octavio and Jesse installed new construction doors. Excellent work. I want these guys to install my next order. Thank You.

Description of Work
New windows and doors.

Category contractors, drywall, window cleaning, replacement windows, stucco, doors

10/12/2020

MARTIN S.

measurement of the windows went well. waiting for windows to be installed

Description of Work
Window replacement measurements

08/18/2020

Cate F.

Amazing company and service!! I’ve owned my 1926 Spanish home for 20 years and have hired countless companies for various jobs and renovations. By far and away, American Vision Windows is leaps and bounds ahead of all the others in terms of service, knowledge, honesty, quality and ease of experience. And this says a lot when you are ripping out decades old windows and doing retrofits with stucco. If every company I dealt with were like them, home ownership would be an entirely different and easy task! Specifically, my excellent experience from start to finish was due to the very capable oversight of Tim Hess. Tim came out to see what I was needing (and oversaw the entire project ), and having been an installer and building inspector himself prior, was the only person of 6 other companies that actually knew and properly recommended what window would properly fit in my home. (Without sticking out past the existing inside molding) 5 other companies were actually incorrect trying to seek me Milgard— which would not have fit. Other companies didn’t know the proper specs of the different window lines they carried or the proper installation procedures. AVW runs like a well oiled machine. Kudos to the owners who really care about customer service, and their employees. From start to finish, everyone took care of their part in the project with great integrity. From the scrupulous measuring of Christian who treated it like it was his own home, and forman Javier, to Sergio and Blair in service for touch ups, the experience all the way through was great and final product fantastic. Not to mention, their price was the most reasonable if anyone without the typical sales games— this was so much appreciated. Again, all this due to Tom Hess’s unwavering attention and overseeing of my project, and his amazing knowledge and care he took to make sure every aspect of the project was perfect. Seriously, though I have had some excellent companies work in my house in 20 years, none have been like American Vision Windows. Thank you all again. I am So appreciative

Description of Work
I replaced 7 very large windows in my home

Category replacement windows

Hey, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this amazing review and A rating! It's very pleasing to hear about your outstanding experience with our company. We are very happy to hear about Tim Hess's unwavering attention, overseeing your project, and his amazing knowledge and care he took to make sure every aspect of your project was perfect. We are also pleased to hear about your experience with Blair, Christian, Sergio, and Javier. At American Vision Windows we strive to give our customers the best experience possible, it's lovely to hear we exceeded those expectations. Thank you for choosing American Vision Windows in Orange County to install your beautiful new windows!