Barak Lock & Security

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2010

Friendly, reliable full-service security firm and locksmith that has been serving Los Angeles area residents and businesses since 2003.

locksmith (54)door installation (7)

Shenhav B.

very professional and quick. The price was good. I definitely will call again if needed.

Description of Work
Replacing the lock to entrance door

Miro G.

I called Barak Lock when the heat wave made my locks hard to use and I also wanted to upgrade my lock in the front door to keyless entry Barak showed up on time and explain me the opinion I have and quickly adjust the rest of the lock I’m very happy with his service and will definitely hire him again

Description of Work
Locks maintenance and add keypad lock

Gilli C.

I wanted to upgrade my locks on my business due to the riots and just to be more secure , I discovered that medeco locks are the best and Barak lock and security is an authorized medeco dealer !! Barak gave me all the options to upgrade my locks the best way possible and gave me more than fair price with unreal genuine friendly and professional service , I couldn’t be happier with Barak’s work and the hi end products he works with . Thank you Barak Lock & Security MOST RECOMMENDED!!!

Description of Work
Locks change

10/10/2019

Kristin B.

I can't give this company a true review because they sent another company in their place.

Description of Work
Repair deadbolt lock

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize I was not free to be the one service you when you needed help, I was overbooked and will Be Very Happy to Give you a Free Service Call Visit just to allow me to correct the impression of Barak Lock Service and to allow me to build our communication and service relation. please feel free to call me and I will be happy to set a free visit time on your convenience time preference. thank you, Barak

08/22/2018

Philip J.

Response was fast. Rekeyed all the locks and cleared the garage door codes. Price was reasonable. I would here this person for any lock services I will need in the future.

Description of Work
Rekey all the locks

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

Hi Phillip, Thank you for your kind words. Thank you, Barak

04/11/2018

RONN A.

All work was done as promised. He even removed some doors to re-align before he installed the lock. He puts all his effort into the job he does. He is extremely personable and i was impressed with his work ethic.

Description of Work
three dead bolts installed and 9 locks re-keyed

Category doors

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

04/06/2018

Mikhael F.

Very professional installation. Barak provided options (over existing deadbolt) or new lock area and recommendation. Pricing was given up front and agreed to. Performed as requested. He was knowledgeable and experienced with the installation. Also, helped with door adjustments to make it close much better. Was a great experience.

Description of Work
Nest Yale Lock Installation

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

09/02/2017

Jim M.

Very well. Barak Lock has been our locksmith for several years. Their company is professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Rekeying a large facility.

Work Completed On 08/27/2017

04/03/2017

Paul H.

Very Professional, thorough, and courteous. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Medecco lock re key

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

01/19/2017

Erica K.

I could not be happier with Barak Lock and Security. I called many locksmith companies in my area and all were overpriced, abrupt and rude over the phone. Finally, I went to Angie’s List and Barak was so highly rated, I thought I would give them a call. Barak answered the phone; he was so kind, explained the kind of service he thought I would need, his price was more than fair (actually, best in town) and was willing to come out same day, the time that was convenient for me. I got a call from Pharaoh, the tech, to tell me 15 minutes in advance that he was on his way. I appreciated the curtesy call. Due to rain, he was running 10 minutes late, but called me again to keep me informed and sincerely apologized even though it wasn’t a big deal. Once Pharaoh arrived, he kindly introduced himself, took a look at my locks and got to work. He not only rekeyed my locks, but tried to tighten one handle that was an issue for years, cleaned the doorknobs and took the squeak out of the door. I could not be happier with Pharaoh’s service and Barak Lock & Security as a company!

Description of Work
I needed 3 locks rekeyed.

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

05/12/2016

martha M.

Positive experience from beginning to finish. Price quoted on phone for what I described I needed is price paid at time of completion. Given time frame and updated 1/2 hr prior to arrival. Punctual, courteous, professional and fast. Got 3 quotes over the phone and chose them because they did not tell me the price might change based on condition of my locks. In fact I was the one that brought it up (because other two locksmiths had mentioned it) and I was told, changing whole lock was not likely. I took a chance because I was a little concerned they might change their story once they got here, but they did not! Would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Rekeyed two locks

Work Completed On 05/12/2016

08/17/2015

HENRY P.

Barak is extremely professional. He treats you with the utmost respect and will make you feel like you're his only customer for the day. He does not rush the job and will explain everything throughout the process so there is never a chance for a miscommunication. He even showed me where there were some issues with some prior work and fixed it with no charge. When he realized I wanted a new deadbolt, he drove to Home Depot to get it and did not charge me anything above the price paid at Home Depot. I will have no problem calling him in the future and would recommend him to anyone for their locksmith needs.

Description of Work
Re-keyed all locks in my house and replaced a dead bolt.

Work Completed On 12/26/2014

11/01/2014

Robert B.

This is the fourth time I have used Barak's services. As always he is on-time, prepared and very clean on the job site. The lock was installed perfectly, like all the others he has done in my home. Barak explained other options and made valuable cost-saving suggestions. He is top-notch. I will definitely use him for other jobs in the future.

Description of Work
Installed lock on new yard gate.

Work Completed On 10/28/2014

10/06/2014

Ian G.

Barak had arrived on time for the appointment, having previously visited and ordered all the necessary parts. The replacement went smoothly, without any incident. Work was performed professionally - it is actually a pleasure to see him work - very meticulous and professional. Cleaned up nicely after himself, adjusted and tested the installation to ensure 100% customer satisfaction!!! I will definitely use Barak Lock & Security for all future locksmith projects and am happy to recommend him and his services to any interested party. We are reminded of him every time we enter our lobby - the door he worked on has a nice, clean, functional, color-coordinated, properly adjusted lock, handle, jam-plate, cover plate - 100% happy!!!

Description of Work
Replace the old lock/handle/strike plate of the high-traffic garage entry door with new hardware, adjust door, custom job

Work Completed On 10/03/2014

05/01/2014

John S.

It went well. My partner liked him. He was reasonable.

Description of Work
Barak Lock & Security installed for me a security system.

Work Completed On 02/05/2013

04/28/2014

september F.

The lock was fine but the helper was not. I did not care for the person he sent at all. If the person that he sent was to come to my house again for another call, I would not employ their services. Their price was outrageous for what I was initially charged when I used them the first time. The quality was not because it was not perfect.

Description of Work
Barak Lock & Security came to fix some locks.

Work Completed On 01/28/2014

04/04/2014

Linda L.

The broken parts were not locally available but I took the whole broken mortice unit to two local shops most likely to have a replacement while barak remained at the location to finish up the work. the first restoration hardware place didn't have it but the second place happened to have a replacement. The company probably went out of business decades ago. I did the running around for the part in 5 pm traffic and it probably delayed Barak nearly 90 minutes. He waited patiently for me to get back with the unit so that my tenant could have a locking front door. He didn't even charge me for waiting. Unbelievable! He was very courteous and accommodating and I would recommend him to everyone.

Description of Work
Adjusted 2 locks and aligned 2 doors. Installed a different mortice on a 1927 front entry door. the old original mortice had a few broken parts.

Work Completed On 04/03/2014

01/18/2014

Laurie and Jordan K.

I'm delighted to have the opportunity to leave a great review for Barak. This will be the third time I've called upon his services in two years. Barak runs his business with integrity and professionalism. He always provides excellent work at very reasonable prices. As a matter of fact, Barak will point out ways in which money can be saved! I'm very grateful to have found someone I can trust when it comes to the security of my home and businesses. Barak is a good guy. Do yourself a favor and call him when you need a locksmith.

Description of Work
Installed a dead bolt, repaired loading door security.

Work Completed On 01/11/2014

12/23/2013

Joyce L.

Re-keyed multiple locks and adjusted locks to open/close more smoothly. He went above and beyond, making sure everything relating to my doors worked properly. I would highly recommend. He is a pleasure to work with. I am keeping his info on hand for any future work.

Description of Work
Re-keyed multiple locks and adjusted locks to open/close more smoothly.

Work Completed On 10/10/2013

08/27/2013

Jan P.

Very responsive (same day) but arrived late the last time. To compensate, he made additional keys without charge. We have used him twice with good results.

Description of Work
Changed locks and provided new keys.

Work Completed On 04/01/2013

07/30/2013

James P.

Barak, besides being excellent and expedient at his craft, is a very honest and ethical man. His prices are very reasonable. He's easy to communicate with and will listen to ones needs with good feedback. In addition, his assistant Edwin, is also excellent. Both Barak and Edwin accomplished the work, quickly and efficiently. I intend to use Barak to reinstal these same locks when I redecorate and for any future projects at my residence or at my office. I highly recommend Barak to anyone requiring the services of a locksmith. Jim Woodland Hills, CA

Description of Work
Installed six locks that I provided. Keyed all locks per my request. Installed an additional deadbolt lock provided by Barak ata reduced price due to it being a used device, but more than adequate for my purpose. (I couldn't tell that it was used). He also tightened a Medeco lock on my front door as well as adjusting floor and ceiling bolts on the other half of the front door at no additional charge.

Work Completed On 07/25/2013

07/29/2013

Steve B.

Highly recommend. Easy communication with Barak to set up appointment. Edwynn showed up a little late but was very polite and got right to work. He was very skilled, knowledgable and worked without a break for almost two hours. He did excellent work and was friendly throughout. I would definitely ask for him in person. We would definitely use this company again for our needs.

Description of Work
Re-keyed all my locks, front and back. Approximately 11 locks and cut keys for all the locks.

Work Completed On 07/27/2013

07/18/2013

PATTI C.

I’ve used Barack twice in the last couple of years. Barack is very knowledgeable, very prompt, very responsive, and very reasonably priced. I had a bit o f a challenge with some fancy French door hardware and he was up to the challenge. And he’s a fantastic guy.

Description of Work
Replacing door locks.

Work Completed On 07/18/2013

07/17/2013

Amy V.

Barak was professional, timely, and very personable. He offered us a number of options in replacing the locks in our new home, did not pressure us to spend more than we were prepared to, and completed the work very efficiently. We will definitely call Barak the next time we need a locksmith.

Description of Work
He re-keyed all of locks when we purchased our home.