C & M Concrete

Founded 1987 • With Angi since October 2004

2683 Via de la Valle Ste G 525

Del Mar, CA 92014

Our vision is to exceed the expectations of our customers. We are committed to achieving the highest levels of customer service. Our unmatched level of pride and excellence in our workmanship make us the best residential concrete company in San Diego. Simply put, we are the homeowner specialists. Owned and operated by a native San Diegan for over twenty five years. Hands on from start to finish. We offer complete concrete solutions for the homeowner. ...

03/05/2021

Larry M.

This is a wonderful company! They gave me a reasonable quote, showed up on time and did the work, then cleaned up. I will definitely give them a call when I need concrete work in the future.

Description of Work
Sidewalk replacement

10/19/2020

Kim D.

Excellent. Reasonably priced, friendly, professional service, timely, neat and great job. Thank you

Description of Work
Extension of my driveway with voncrete

09/24/2020

ALBERTA G.

I gladly recommend C&R Concrete Inc. for your home projects. They installed a walkway in my garden and repaired the driveway which was cracked and raised due to tree roots. Manny Melendez, the owner and manager, closely supervised the work and did extra things like relocate old pavers at my request. Not only was the work well done, but cleanup afterwards was thorough. No blocks of concrete laying around

Description of Work
I had a walkway put in around 1 side of the house and had the driveway repaired.

07/18/2020

Samuel F.

PERFECTLY!! Manny and his crew were on time, efficient and professional. The work was accomplished quickly and exactly as agreed. Excellent quality work.

Description of Work
Replaced old, cracked, concrete driveway and front walkway. Installed new side walkway.

07/01/2020

Iris S.

we had to replace the cement patio around our built in BBQ.

Description of Work
They were AWESOME!!! I can’t say enough great things about this company and the outstanding job they did!!! From the first phone call to the finished product these guys were professional, prepared, on time!! Everything went smoothly and the price was not only within our budget but worth every penny!!! I will only use this company for any future projects!!! Manny the co-owner was extremely helpful and honest. If you need cement work done call this company, and you’ll be sure to get a fair price and a wonderful job done.

11/19/2019

Pam M.

Went great. They paid great attention to detail and made sure the driveway would drain properly. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Remove driveway concrete and replace

10/27/2019

Andrew S.

Went great everyone showed up on time started at 7AM finished about 1 PM. I thought the cost was a little high as I had prepped all both areas ordered concrete and all that had to be done was do the finishing. Being it took 3 finishers, a helper plus the concrete pump guy and his helper all was included in price. I'm glad I didn't try and hire 2 finishers and help out myself. I will still do small concrete projects myself but any large jobs I will contact them again.

Description of Work
2 concrete slabs and a block wall fill Total of 13 yards of concretes

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways

07/10/2019

Doug S.

C&M did an outstanding job on my project which required footings for a patio pavilion and underground electric and water lines, plus a very sensitive water drainage issue. Their approach to the project was very innovative and professional. Everything was done precisely to the time line established before work began and for the price agreed to at the start. Their workers showed up exactly on schedule and left the job site as clean as they found it. They do excellent work and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others or to hire them again myself.

Description of Work
C&M poured a large patio slab (10 cu. yds. of concrete) with a very tricky water drainage issue.

04/30/2019

Andy V.

Manny and his team did an excellent job! We were really impressed with his punctuality, professionalism, speed of the job and his attention to detail. Our driveway and porch now look exceptional! I would highly recommend C&M Concrete and would definitely use him for future projects, we have already passed along his business card to a friend.

Description of Work
Complete removal of existing driveway/porch and re-pour of entire area including widening the driveway to accommodate 2 cars

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, stamped concrete

02/13/2019

Daniel C.

I'm picky and seldom give contractors an "A," but C&M deserves it. They were on time and the owner would call and update me along the way, which is reassuring. The workman are craftsmen and know how to do a quality job. The price was the best of five different bids. I will use them again to replace my 30-year old driveway when my budget allows.

Description of Work
They poured a new sidewalk, built a 6' high, 25 feet long concrete block privacy wall with three matching columns (pilasters). The wall and columns were stuccoed to match the house.

Category concrete repair, masonry

11/06/2018

dennis C.

Performed the job in a timely and professional manner. Showed up on time and finished within one day as promised. Also helped in the layout and design.

Description of Work
Poured in place concrete along full length side of the house

09/21/2018

Steven W.

Everything went well. I was surprised, Manny and his two man crew started promptly at 7AM and completed the job including cleanup around 3PM. The sidewalk has a brushed finish and the concrete pad has a smooth finish.

Description of Work
4 ft wide sidewalk poured on the right side of my house from the side gate to the rear patio. Also, had an 11’ x 9’ concrete pad poured.

06/28/2018

John H.

What an incredible company! If you're looking for any type of concrete work, look no further. C&M Concrete is incredible. Manny's attention to detail and customer satisfaction is unsurpassed. He went out of his way to explain the process, he listened to what we wanted and made suggestions that ensured the final product surpassed our expectations. Call today...you won't be sorry!

Description of Work
Decorative Landscaping - Stone Wall

Category concrete repair, decks, stamped concrete

03/21/2018

Robb M.

I had C & M fill up a sink hole with slurry at one of the apartment buildings I manage. Their price was competitive, they were professional and on time. The sinkhole is filled up and I haven't had any issues with the work that was performed.

Description of Work
Fill up sink hole

03/02/2018

George W.

Manny and his team are excellent. I received three quotes for the required work. All were highly rated on Angie’s List. Manny took the most time with me, impressed me the most, and as it turned out was the low bid. It only took Manny and his crew two days to dig out 4 inches of DG, and replace it with concrete. My wife and I are very happy with the work performed, and would recommend Manny and his crew to other Angie List members.

Description of Work
Removed 3 DG walkways with color concrete. Also repaired and extended side yard drain pipe located under concrete.

12/17/2017

Lola R.

Manny came to the house and gave us a very fair estimate and made several suggestions as to how to improve the design of our project. Manny and his crew arrived right on time every day. The job was finished quickly and efficiently and the end result is perfect! We would not hesitate to hire C & M Concrete in the future! Extremely professional organization and top-notch work!!!

Description of Work
We had a very large area in our backyard that needed a concrete slab for creating a patio. The project required demo, grading and concrete.

11/14/2017

ALBERTA G.

Work went very well. Manny Melendez is very professional, keeps tabs on the work, gives a fair bid and sticks to it. He is able to problem solve difficult situations like getting the slope right so water doesn't collect near house.

Description of Work
We needed a concrete deck replaced and concrete curbing installed around house to combat moisture and dry rot.

Category concrete repair, decks

07/31/2017

JOHNNA H.

Manny and his crew at C&M were a pleasure to work with. They were incredibly professional and delivered a fabulous work product. Manny made sure that every detail was accounted for and we couldn’t be happier with our decision to use C&M for our complete backyard renovation.

Description of Work
Complete backyard renovation; remove all old tile, cut tree roots, lay new concrete and backyard design.

07/05/2017

Kyle S.

Professionalism was terrible. Reached out and left one VM initially but then went completely unresponsive to in my inquiry and future attempts to reach. No idea how services are since they never had the professionalism to follow-up with a prospective customer. If they're that poor with customer service, why would I trust them with my business.

Description of Work
I needed concrete poured for a 144 sq. ft. patio

04/30/2017

D A.

Professionalism at it's best, from estimate appointment, during job, through completion. Communications timely. Work crew professional, on time, focused on task, worked in clean organized manner. Clean up at end of job impressive. Owner, Manny Melendez monitored project from beginning to end. Exceeded my expectations!

Description of Work
Residential driveway replacement and new patio addition.

02/06/2017

Joshua J.

They were quick. They performed to their estimate. They were professional. Quality was good. Scheduling was good. They finished the job in two weeks.

Description of Work
They put in a concrete driveway.

Category concrete driveways

12/09/2016

K K.

The job was done professionally, on time, and with a great result. Manny (owner) was onsite and his crew did a great job. The attention to detail was appreciated. It's not easy anymore to find contractors who bid, perform and complete a job as well as they promise, but this one certainly was. I would definitely hire C&M again.

Description of Work
driveway needed replacing

Category concrete driveways

10/19/2016

LeAnn W.

It went so smoothly that I am still amazed! I feared that we would not be able to find a contractor, let alone a good contractor, to work with us because while it was not a small job, it was not on the order of major construction either. Manny and his crew were prompt and professional, replacing the new part of the driveway with better than oiginal materials and blending it with the old concrete. Manny worked with us to allow time between the concrete removal and replacement, giving us time to do our irrigation repair. With his help, we minimized the amount of time our driveway was out of commisssion which was a huge benefit. I would absolutely us C&M Concrete again and would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Remove part of a large concrete driveway , then replace removed concrete. (Project was approximately 27' x 27' in the middle of a sloping driveway). We needed to find and repair an irrigation leak under the driveway.

09/17/2016

Ray S.

Excellent work done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Drive repair and replacement

08/24/2016

John B.

Awesome job....absolutely perfect! Manny personally supervised and assisted in all phase of the job. He is a true pro' and a nice guy as well. He has a talented and friendly crew that work very hard to achieve perfection!

Description of Work
Demolition and replacement of a decorative concrete walkway to match existing hardscape in style.