DESIGNER'S CHOICE PAINTING

With Angi since September 2005

4.4

Arizona commercial/residential painting, interior/exterior, staining, drywall,and epoxy. Quality customer service, workmanship, and materials. Designer's Choice Painting has 15 years of experience in the painting industry. We use premium brands of painting materials, and professional preparation/application at the most competitive prices. Free estimates. References upon request....

James Horn

James Horn is a roofing contractor / roofer serving the Chandler, AZ area since 2000. Services include Roofing, Roof Repair, Flat Roofs, Exterior Painting, Roof Installation, Roof Replacement and Roofing Prices.

John johnston contracting

Specializing in painting! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

BGB Painting

We are a local, family owned and operated residential paint contractor eager to provide the best value service in the industry. We have been in business for 12 years since two best high school friends started it and we have been running and growing it ever since. Over the years our boutique business has acquired large company resources to tackle a range of different projects while taking ultimate pride in maintaining small and local customer service. Our experienence and pride in doing quality work are second to none. We specialize in exterior residential exterior repaint projects and have the appropriate process down to a detailed science. We are 5 star rated on virtually every advertising platform for a reason. We take pride in providing the absolute best service and value for any residential repaint project. We don’t have a lot of mid level management since the two owners are involved in every project allowing for a much more fair market price to our customers. We have made it the standard to only use the absolute highest quality products across the board. Our reputation speaks for itself. Give us a shot and we guarantee you will not be disappointed! Your home is our craft!

09/17/2015

Pam G.

We rec'd. estimates for our home remodel project and felt comfortable with David Schacherbauer and Chris Adams. Both were present when we were discussing all of the work we wanted to do and we asked them if they were licensed to do all of the work involved in our project. David said YES and he does have an ROC# that we have since learned was for painting only. However, his company not only goes by DESIGNER'S CHOICE PAINTING but also DCP and DESIGNER'S CHOICE. LLC. At the time none of the names were for a licensed general contractor.(found this out later) They removed all of the tile in the house and forgot to order the new tile so we sat with out flooring for over a week. The grout in the tile project is multi-colored through out the house and looks terrible. It is a "wood" look tile that was to have a beige grout that blended with the tile. The grout is actually WHITE in several areas and many different shades in between. David promised to show me several samples of cabinet colors until I was satisfied. I told him a color name and # that could be found at LOWES. He brought me ONE sample and I told him it was way too dark. He then had a cabinet guy show up at my house and mix a color at my front door. I told him it was too dark and besides it was a wet sample and should look different when dry so how could I tell the actual color. They went ahead and applied the wrong color throughout and I am very unhappy as the color ruins the entire look of this project that I spent so much time putting together and shopping for. We spent many days at different locations shopping for granite. We held granite at several locations under the name of the fabricator that David gave to us. I rec'd a call from that fabricator stating he was unaware of working with us and why were we using his name. When a different fabricator did install our granite David had to introduce himself as they had never met before. The project was supposed to begin on Feb. 3rd, I called them to see what time they would be starting. That's when they let me know that they had no one to remove tile so would start on the 9th. They were starting one week later and never bothered to let me know!!! David's dad (Ron) also works with them and he made so many errors including quoting me a price that was off by $200. No apologies and no effort to fix his error. I had to email the office mgr. (Mary, David's mom) to beg to have someone rehang all of the doors that were removed for painting and had been laying around my house for more than a week. We also had no door knob or lock on back door for a week or more. It took Ron 4 hours to install 4 door latches/ knobs. the list of shoddy work and errors goes on and on. These guys were so disrespectful of my time and my belongings, somedays no one showed up or they showed up late. One of the painters cleaned his brushes on my front lawn leaving the grass spotted with paint. One of them chipped my brand new tile. Chris Adams installed the crown moulding on kitchen cabinets and end pieces on cabinets. The end pieces are falling down and the crown moulding is such a mess that I hate to even look at it. It has very distinct cuts with a poor and crooked glue job. The color doesn't match the cabinets and appears very amateurish. It took him most of the day to do this and I can't believe he left that afternoon thinking he had done a good job. I am now in the process of getting quotes to repair all of the damage and poor work that this group did in my home. Some of the contractors even laugh at how bad the work is and when I tell them the agony I went thru with these guys they become angry as well and assure me not everyone is that way. I feel that David Scacherbauer and Chris Adams misrepresented themselves to me and I could NEVER recommend them to anyone. I spent a lot of money and wasted a lot of time on a project that looks horrible! I am saddened and disgusted by the bad work they did in my home not to mention the disrespectful manner that David spoke to me on several occasions.

Description of Work
Painted entire interior, removed and replaced tile throughout house, refinished cabinets in kitchen and 2 bathrooms, removed counter tops in both baths and kitchen and replaced with granite, installed kitchen lighting added crown moulding to kitchen cabinets.

Category interior painters

[Member name removed] write up is compiled of inaccuracies as well as a multitude of missing information so I will fill in the blanks. Here is a list of facts, most if not all of which are verifiable if needed: - [Member name removed] has never paid her original contract amount in full - [Member name removed] filed a formal complaint with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, complaint was FULLY DISMISSED with NO corrective action needed and NO citations issued. - [Member name removed] communicated to all workers and other licensed sub contractors on the job how pleased she was with completed work all throughout the project. - It was only upon the final billing where [Member name removed] held monies and started voicing dissatisfaction. - Several attempts were made to correct any and all issues [Member name removed] had, but access to house was denied due to "busy work schedule" - [Member name removed] stated she was going to take monies refunded to her and hire someone else to re-do the cabinets. She picked AND approved the color but was unhappy once she saw it with her granite selection. - We came highly recommended by close personal friends of the [Member name removed], who were extremely happy with our professionalism and quality of work. Have had us back on more than one occasion to do more. [Member name removed] also fails to mention that she actually added more more periodically throughout the project. This just doesn't seem like something an unhappy client would do based on the review posted, and of course this fact was left out as well. [Member name removed], I hope your experience with your next contractor / contractors is more positive and I hope the best. I can assure you, this has been a learning experience for all of us.

08/01/2015

Michael A.

WE are selling our house, and the built ins in the downstairs and 2 of the upstairs bedrooms were proving to be an issue. DAve and his team tore those out, repainted and made it look great (including having to re do the flooring in the downstairs bedroom. Work was done on a short timeline (which we appreciated) on time, and hit the cost estimated

Description of Work
Took out built ins in 3 bedrooms to open them up and make the rooms larger as we try and sell the house

05/05/2015

Jonathan B.

The estimator came into my home and prepared an estimate, not for me, but for the HOA. The HOA will be paying for the work as it is their responsibility. The estimator from Designers Choice did not ask me about what I wanted done, only what he would do. The ceiling paint he said would only extend to the end of the room and would not include the hallway which was a mere 30 square feet more. Furthermore, the estimate include a statement saying that the owner(me) would move the furniture required to get the job done. I had back surgery last year and the last thing I need is to re-injure my back. I subsequently invited another estimator for an estimate and he termed the DC estimate as sub-standard, pointing to those two items(a little bit more ceiling paint and owner assistance in moving furniture) as evidence. I am asking my HOA to refrain from using this company in the future.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category interior painters

Mr. [Member Name Removed] apparently is a little misinformed about how the process works for the HOA. I met with Mr. [Member Name Removed] along with a representative of the property. Mr. [Member Name Removed] pointed out some water damage and did describe exactly what he wanted done. I would have been more than happy to do whatever Mr. [Member Name Removed] wanted, but the HOA was only willing to do a certain portion, not my decision. I am a bit surprised that Mr. [Member Name Removed] would publish something like this. The last thing I or any of my estimators would want to do is "shorten" the scope of work requested by a property owner. Just as Mr. [Member Name Removed] stated, it was @ the HOA's discretion on what work would be covered since they were paying. Due to liability and insurance requirements, all of our proposals state "Contents in area being worked on need to be moved by others", this is simply to get fragile and breakable items moved prior to start date. I have experienced a broken back myself and I am surprised Mr. [Member Name Removed]did not at least mention this so that we could have discussed accommodations to help him out. As far as the other grades given by Mr. [Member Name Removed], these really don't make much sense ando may even be dishonest. I was personally at the meeting arriving on time and a proposal was submitted almost immediately. Furthermore, Mr. [Member Name Removed] never contacted our office and we still do work for this HOA on a pretty steady basis. Mr. [Member Name Removed], though short lived, sorry to hear about your negative experience, I only wish you would have reached out to us and been a little more fair on your evaluation. If you talk to any of your fellow neighbors as well as your HOA you will hear some very positive feedback.

06/02/2014

Ian J.

They were very good. I will absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Designer's Choice Painting for interior painting services.

05/13/2014

K. P.

We had left a message for an estimate. The company called us a week later, but we had already taken bids and hired someone. I think the owner might have been out of town.

Description of Work
Tried to scheduled an estimate for drywall and painting.

09/15/2013

Monty G.

David was really helpful and gave us a best price and best results including our closets are all got paint match with the wall. The crack on the ceiling, a hole in our son's bedroom, and leak stained are gone now. They even did a caulking to our one of the window art-glass. For any need of INTERIOR PAINT, we fully recommend Designer's Choice. The BEST AAA rating

Description of Work
Our ceiling has a leaked stain and a cracked from last July 15 micro-burst rain. The whole interior house needed painting, it has been 11 years ago when we moved in to this house.

01/28/2012

Rosemary C.

First Contact on Monday. Personal visit on Tuesday. Work started on Thursday and they were all done by noon on Saturday.

Description of Work
Painted 80-90% of the interior of our home. Fantastic - Superb - On time – Professional - Reasonable Price Not enough adjectives to explain the painting job that Designers Choice did for us. They were able to properly address 2 minor problems with our ceiling and it looks perfect now. Proper crew size of professional people on site at the right time.

11/15/2011

Elisabeth K.

The painter was here at the appointed time, very skillfully removed a portion of the side door framing which was damaged and installed a new lintel. He sanded the rest of the door frame and painted it. Ditto for the frame around the garage door which he also sanded, patched and painted. At the end you thought this was a brand new house, just looking at the doors. BTW, even in this economy, our house sold 2 weeks after putting it on the market for pretty much the asking price. None of the neighbors could believe it.

Description of Work
Although Designer's Choice Painting primarily did the entire inside of our house, I needed a bit of outside painting, around the garage door and a side door. For that reason I asked them to do this smaller task also.

Category house painters,interior painters

09/08/2011

Elisabeth K.

Three men were and quot;on locationand quot; the morning of May 9, and worked without interruption and with a precision that reminded me of a ballet. Obviously Tim, Sean and Ofir were all used to working with one another, each knew what to do first, and next, and indeed they were all long-time employees. They had to work around several obstacles, since I was still living in the house with my dog. We had emptied several larger pieces of furniture, esp. book cases, which they moved and wrapped in plastic. Ditto with other furniture, with built-ins, with free standing pieces - it was amazing how fast and competent they all worked. The work progressed from room to room, and in 4 days the entire 1900 sft house was not only painted to perfection, but all the furniture was back in place. The garage was emptied, painted and completely reassembled in about 2 hours, which was nearly miraculous. A week after they were completely finished I noticed that a piece of outside wood around a side door showed wood rot. I called Dave who sent out Tim to replace the wood and painting it flawlessly (for a nominal cost). This was above and beyond the original contracted cost. I can only recommend this company in highest terms and have given their card to several of my friends who were impressed when they saw the finished product. The best thing is - the house sold in 2 weeks.

Description of Work
We wanted to prepare the house for sale, starting with a complete paint job including ceilings, baseboards, and the garage. I interviewed 4 painters, all from Angie's List with great reputation. Dave, the owner, came to the house and looked at every detail, made suggestions, pointed to needed minor corrections, and provide a professional estimate. - The other painters were also very professional but their prices were considerably higher. We opted for Designer's Choice both for the lower price, and the thoroughness and professionalism.

09/23/2009

Jack B.

Excellent on both occasions. The work was performed in a very professional and timely manner. All of the employees were very professional, very thorough, and delivered quality beyond our expectations. One thing that sets Designer's Choice apart from every other contractor out there is: when they do a final walk through, they're not just going through the motions, they're very sincere about your complete satisfaction with your work. They're also very good at estimating paint usage. If a painter doesn't know how to do this, you risk delays or possibly buying more paint than you need.

Description of Work
We've used the same painter twice. Once to paint the exterior of our house (medium size) and recently to paint the interior of a new house. (single-level 2300 Sq. Ft)

Category house painters,interior painters

Commercial/residential exterior/interior painting, cabinetry/door staining, epoxy coatings, drywall, faux, competitive, free estimates, premium products used, professional, licensed, bonded, insured, references upon request, state-wide