LaGravinese Jewelry Appraisals & Services

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2012

5635 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 170-124 Suite 170-124

Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Independent Graduate Gemologist with 35 years experience. Jewelry, Diamond and Gemstone Appraisals for Insurance, estate and Liquidation Purposes. While you wait and watch in my office or I travel to your location. Offices in Scottsdale. Sun Lakes/ Chandler, Central Phoenix.Gilbert and Mesa areas.

08/08/2017

Lee F.

Services were provided by appointment in a professional manner and the appraisal report was promptly sent electronically.

Description of Work
Appraisals

07/07/2015

Miranda F.

06/30/2015

Scott F.

Description of Work
We were discussing getting an appraisal.

04/04/2015

VIRGINIA G.

Tom was EXCELLANT! He was willing to meet me at his Chandler location so I didn't need to drive up to Scottsdale. Including writing a detailed appraisal that I could use for insurance, he also answered questions on additional jewelry and he was very informative on different gems. Also his pricing was fair. I couldn't ask for more!

Description of Work
Wrote a detailed appraisal.

Category jewelry appraisal

Thank you [member name removed] The pleasure certainly was mine. I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you All the best Tom LaGravinese

01/29/2015

Mark R.

In late November, my wife lost a 1 ct. old world cut diamond from her engagement ring setting at Walmart. Naturally, she was upset and since it was an inherited diamond with great sentimental value, it made the pain even worse. We located Tom via another website (A's List) and he made a next day appointment to appraise the loss for our insurance company's claim. The policy did not cover "wear and tear" and I was impressed with Tom's integrity that he didn't offer to change the appraisal. He correctly cited that the prongs had broken from wear over time. Fortunately, our insurance company did settle the claim in our favor, but the value was based upon an appraisal in 2002 and today's retail value was significantly more. Tom is a third generation Jeweler and he offered to locate an old world cut diamond via his family in New York, who specialize in estate sales. Within a week, he located a slightly larger old world cut diamond with near-perfect specifications that matched the lost diamond. The price was very fair and my total out of pocket expense was $500 to replace the diamond in a new setting. When my wife and I viewed the diamond the week before Christmas, we took several other diamond pieces to have the settings examined. Two items needed repairs and Tom performed them at no charge. The new diamond was placed in a better setting than before, but still using the original ring. Tom made a trip to his Chandler location to deliver it on Christmas Eve afternoon. I highly recommend using Tom's services. I have no doubts about his integrity, quality of repairs and his appraisals. He is very good at communicating via email and he responds to any questions rapidly. I would not hesitate to use his services exclusively in the future

Description of Work
Tom appraised a lost diamond from an engagement ring. He located and set a new diamond in a new setting on the original ring.

Category jewelry appraisal

Thank you (removed member name) It was my pleasure to help you along with your jewelry needs All the best Tom

10/26/2014

Jack G.

Tom is just awesome!! Simply said. He is very professional & excellent at his specialty. My husband and I had purchased some pieces of tanzanite on a recent trip. The store manager and gemologist of Diamonds/Tanzanite International stated the pieces were fake so we would make a purchase with them. Tom clearly verified & showed me with his own equipment the pieces originally bought were indeed tanzanite. We would highly recommend Tom & his services.

Description of Work
Appraised 6 jewelry pieces for authenticity & insurance coverage.

06/05/2014

Margaret S.

Description of Work
I had several pieces of antique jewelry and a loose diamond appraised. Mr. LaGravinese was very knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I will definitely return if I need other items appraised.

Thank you, [member name removed], for your kind words. It was my pleasure Tom

05/09/2014

Chris S.

We sent a message at 7am and we received a response back in minutes. We also set up an appointment the same day. We walked in and were greeted and then he got right to work. We had our answer the next morning as promised and well before the deadline. Would use his services again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Appraisal of a ring bought off the internet. We needed to make sure we got our moneys worth.

05/11/2013

Gloria S.

We had two appointments with Tom, one for the appraisal of our jewelry and one for liquidating our silver. On both occasions, what he told us matched up with the research we had done on our own about the value of these items. He was always upfront about what our options were and gave good advice.

Description of Work
We had a lot of jewelry we needed appraised and we had a lot of silver coins we needed to liquidate. We talked to many people, and Tom was by far the most helpful, the most honest, and gave us the best price for our silver coins and for the gold we wanted to liquidate. His appraisal of our jewelry items was done in a day and provided us with a very professional report on them.. He was always punctual and polite. But the best thing about him was that in an industry where a lot of people try to take advantage of you and lie to you about the worth of your items (and many people did before we met Tom), Tom was absolutely honest and fair. His honesty and integrity were much appreciated. I would recommend him very highly.

03/13/2013

sarah H.

Description of Work
Tom's office is located in a nice building and his office is clean and professional looking. He took about 25 minutes to look over and talk to me about my alexandrite engagement ring. Later that day, I received the appraisal certificate! It was super quick & I was super happy. He definitely knows what he is doing and has over 35 years of experience, with all his certificates & diplomas hanging on the wall. He is very friendly and very honest, I would definitely recommend Tom if you need an appraisal or even to check the authenticity of a piece you have.

Category jewelry appraisal

Thank you for your kind words. It was my pleasure. Enjoy your beautiful ring... All the Best Tom

02/11/2013

Chester G.

Tom is outstanding, he appraised 6 items for insurance purposes and provided detailed documentation supporting his appraisals within a few days. He examined all items in front of us, took photo's and explained the content of each item. Unlike other jewelers that request you to leave your item for a few days Tom, returns all items immediately which is very comforting. I will be returning to have a ring re-sized and upgrading a stone on my wife's ring. My rating is A; however to be honest it's A++.

Category jewelry appraisal

Thanks for your kind words It was my pleasure to serve you. I look forward to working with you in the future All the Best Tom

02/05/2013

RUSS T.

Very good person to work with and knows his items.

Description of Work
Appraisals of jewelry

Thank You Member It was my pleasure! Tom

03/07/2012

Kathy H.

Tom performed an appraisal on my wedding set within 30 minutes and was able to email me the appraisal by the afternoon.

Description of Work
Tom was very professional. He carefully examined my wedding set and was able to give us an appraisal the same day. I like that the entire process was performed in front of us, he didn't need to leave the room with my jewelry. He also called a diamond expert in New York to get the real-time pricing for the gem, to get a better idea of the actual cost/replacement value.

Thank You It was my pleasure to serve you Tom
    Jewelry Sales/Design/Repair
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Jewelry insurance appraisals, Insurance replacements, Diamond appraisals. silver appraisals, consultations, estate appraisals, divorce/bankruptcy appraisals, gemstone identification, repair damage estimates, post loss appraisals, Licensed Jewelry and Gold Buyer

Free Verbal Appraisals