Usually booked 1-2 months out for start date

Arrowhead Deck and Pools LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2012

1502 N 29th Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85009

Arrowhead Deck and Pools has been proudly serving the Phoenix and surrounding areas for 25 years. We stand behind our work with 100% customer satisfaction. We resurface pools and tile, stone and paver installations, pour concrete, and install coatings for concrete interior and exterior. Get creative and artistic, we will create a one of a kind space that will have everyone talking about. Almost all of our jobs require a full crew for a full week. As a result we have a job size minimum of approximately $5000. Give us a call today, and let us help you get your next project started today!...

09/08/2022

Jeanie C.

Awful.....poor excuse for a company. John promises the world but follows through on nothing. Juan just as bad. John is the owner. Took six months to have them paint three small covers to match the deck. Keeping our fingers crossed that the deck holds up after spending $14,000. Extremely poor customer service.

Description of Work
New deck and surface

Category concrete repair, decks

This project was completed in 2021. After completed, we were told you purchased plastic pieces you wanted stained to match. You asked us to come back out, which is not something we do after your installation is completed. However, we offered to do a complimentary service for you which became very difficult to coordinate. We were instructed to only communicate with [Member Name Removed] through this process, who travels frequently. We have a full calendar and coordinating a time, to show up when the gate is locked made it much more difficult - to coordinate a Free service. We do not deserve a negative review. Your installation is the same high quality commercial grade coatings we install for everyone, and it turned out beautifully. However we are now changing our policy due to this review. We will be charging additional for any services not completed at the time of installation. All parts or pieces you request to be addressed need to be onsite at the time of installation to be completed. This was outside the scope of work.

11/30/2019

Angie K.

I never put a request in on Angies list for a deck to be done. I have never requested this service or spoke with company. I gave A rating and hire again yes because it would not be fair to company for work that was not asked for. Beware contractors and Angie list members.

Description of Work
Never asked for deck services

Category stamped concrete

I am unclear what you are responding to. If we have an error to address in your experience we need more information to understand. Please do contact us. If Angies List is sending your information out unsolicited I can address with them. However i don’t have enough information at this point to address your concern.

07/26/2019

Larry L.

My wife and I are extremely satisfied with the whole process and quality of the final product. John was able to come out the next day for an estimate after we called while other vendors couldn't schedule an estimate for at least 3 weeks out. John provided a great explanation of options available to us and details of the pending process. The actual job was scheduled 3 weeks out which was a very acceptable wait time for the start of the project. Chris and his crew Carlos and Lalo showed up promptly ontime for the start of the project and on each subsequent day. The quality of their work and work ethics were top notch. They were all professional, courteous and kept us informed throughout the process. Chris worked closely with us in choosing, mixing and make sure we were very happy with the final color before applying it to the concrete. The team cleaned the yard at the end of the project leaving no debris in the yard, as if they weren't there. Kari provided excellent communication and customer service throughout the entire process. The quality of the final product was outstanding and we are extrremely happy with the final color chosen. We highly recommend this vendor.

Description of Work
Resurface existing concrete patio, extensions and sidewalk

11/21/2018

Neil H.

Great work, on schedule and a pleasant crew.

Description of Work
Cool deck replaced

11/20/2018

William M.

I could not be happier with the service and end product of our patio resurfacing project. Any glitches in the process were of my own making. It was difficult to envision the end result when choosing the colors and grouting choices. For the first pass, I was not happy with the result. This was my fault - I made the choices. Kari, David and John worked with me to re-schedule and add the needed second color and grouting. I very much appreciate Kari's outstanding customer care and service. This level of response and attention is a rarity these days. David was very, very helpful with my color choices and provided great advice. He, along with Edison and Martine worked hard to get the final result - which is really outstanding, just what I wanted. Prep and clean-up were terrific as well. This is a great team, which I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Resurfacing of patio

Category decks, pressure washing, stamped concrete, patios

We are so glad you love your new outdoor environment. We enjoyed working with you, and are glad we could ensure you got exactly what you wanted.

09/21/2018

Keith B.

Better than expected, timely and so professional! It looks fabulous.

Description of Work
New Cool Decking and side walks

Category decks, concrete driveways, deck cleaning, pressure washing, hardscaping, stamped concrete

It was a pleasure to work with you! Thank you for choosing Arrowhead Deck and Concrete from our whole team.

09/15/2018

Jason D.

I got service ~18 months ago. Mostly I wanted to get fixed a section of concrete around hte pool where the canilever edge going over the pool had broken off. I figured I would get the deck ~$7000 to get the back patio and pool deck finished. After about 12 months though, the repair on the cantilever edge has cracked again and is falling off. Further, there are cracks in the deck in several spots - most notably, there is a large section that was affected by a bubble in the coating that cracked in many places once someone stepped on it. I called to see what could be done but was told basically that the repair was essentially a crap shoot and that they could try to fix it again but it would be ~$450 and there would be no real way to ensure it doesnt break again. They suggested the only real way would be to break out that portion of the slab and do a bunch of concrete work that was possibly more than they are usually contracted for, because they were mostly a coatings company. Which, incidentally, was not the impression I had by their company title which led me to believe this was precisely the type of job they could handle. Further, they blamed it on my pool "settling" or something similar. The pool has been in place for 20 years so I am not sure that is a reasonable excuse. I also had an unreported issue where I couldnt install the aerator back in once they were done with their work. I dont use the aerator really so I didnt worry about it. All in all, I understand their perspective but i dont think it was adequately explained up front and I dont feel the reaction was reasonable. I could have nitpicked the job and pointed out little issues here and there but I didnt. This is not a little issue.

Description of Work
Concrete repair and deck coating

Category concrete repair, decks, stamped concrete

I am sorry you are disappointed with the cantilever edge patch not holding. However it was described at the time of service as a patch, and not a full demo and replacement of the section of the pool. You were only charged for the materials for this patch. The price for the patch was insignificant to the full invoice of the project which did include coatings for a large area of your property. Most companies shy away from offering cantilever edge repairs, typically its difficult and prohibitively expensive. Should we have chosen to demo out sections of the pool for a full cantilever replacement the cost would have been exorbitant. Due to the situation on your property, there would also be a chance we would get the opportunity to replace your plaster, tile, etc. which we were not going to welcome. We ARE a full service concrete company, we ARE NOT a full service POOL Company. If the existing 4" concrete pad has cracks, or if the foundation is cracked, anything on top (coatings, tile, etc.) can follow those cracks in time. This is also detailed in the warranty information. "Arrowhead Deck and Concrete LLC releases all liability for concrete cracking. Our coatings are relatively thin and cannot prevent the transfer of cracks from concrete slabs. Arrowhead Deck and Concrete LLC will make all attempts to use existing cracks in our systems, knowing they cannot be fixed or repaired. Existing cracks will come back a new cracks will appear. " However, we do have options to hide cracks with designs, you did not chose those options. I can not speak to the issue regarding your aerator as we would not have had any reason to handle it. We understand you are frustrated, however this review includes rhetoric that is misleading. We did our best to educate you through the process, offer aggressive prices and inform you of realistic expectations. I would like to believe this shows misunderstandings of information provided.

08/16/2018

Richard F.

Kari was very easy to work with and communicated promptly. Lalo and Edison did the installation and showed up every morning early and worked as long as it took to get each stage of the job done. We worked together on the final color pallet finish and the final finish was exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Texture coat existing concrete patio, courtyard and sidewalks.

Category pressure washing, stamped concrete, patios

08/08/2018

William H.

It went quite well. Good communication with office staff. I was not onsite during the prep and pour. But, the crew coordinated well with my onsite landscaper. Thanks, Bill

Description of Work
800 sq. ft. concrete patio extension

06/25/2018

Scott O.

I had Arrowhead Deck and Concrete pour over 1000 ft of new concrete around my pool with a cantilever edge. I also had them replace the water-line tile in my pool. Finally I had them apply and texture with an acrylic coating to reduce surface temperature (and it worked). Very happy with the quality, communication, and value. Picture attached.

Description of Work
Concrete pour, Water-line tile, Concrete acrylic coating

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

We enjoyed working with you and glad your love your new backyard! Thank you for telling everyone ! ;)

04/23/2018

Lawrence K.

Great. On time. Looks great. Will see how it holds up.

Description of Work
resurface patio and pool deck

01/07/2018

charles H.

Had Arrowhead remove old tile, grind the slab, and create what they call a "Flagstone" pattern right into the slab, complete with non-slip texture and a sealant. The whole process took about 4 days. Removing the old tile was clearly the most labor-intensive task, as expected. The work was performed right after Xmas, (Phoenix area) so the condo was open... at first.. The process of grinding off the concrete remnants from the old tile install creates an enormous amount of dust. Even with doors and windows closed, there was a fair amount of dust on the floors of the condo. Not a big deal for me, tho. Of course, everything had to be removed from the patio for the entire length of the project. Sprinklers were disabled.. After completion, I needed to wait a couple days before the sprinklers were enabled, and a full week before I could load the patio up with furniture. I am totally satisfied with the job. All crew members were very knowledgeable, friendly, and punctual. They did exactly what they said, and did it in the time frame specified. I asked some of my other contractors about the pricing, and most said it was very reasonable for the work performed. I tend to ask a lot of questions, especially when I'm unfamiliar with the process, and the crew was more than happy to answer all my questions. They incorporated the expansion joints right into the tile texture so there should be no impact if the deck moves a bit again in the future. The crew gave me a "patch kit" consisting of the components they used to create the texture. The office followed-up with me after the work was finished, to ensure I was happy with the process. I can't really suggest anything they could have done to improve the experience for me. I will have them over again when I decide to redo my front patio.

Description of Work
Had old tiles cracking on the patio.. 25' X 14', 350 sq. ft. Needed to price out new tiles, or some type to concrete-texture surface that would last into the future..

Category stamped concrete, patios

12/14/2017

Andrew K.

Excellent experience from the sales people to the on site workers. All were very informative and did excellent work.

Description of Work
Concrete poured and then flagstone coating put on the entire area.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are delighted you had a great experience

08/22/2017

Daryl M.

Great. We are very pleased with the outcome.. John Trice and his team were great to work with.

Description of Work
Installation of 4" x 30' drain and application of a stone texture to a 500 SF patio.

Thank you for choosing Arrowhead Deck and Concrete! We enjoyed working with you

08/17/2017

Harriet M.

Super, I'm entirely happy. They are so easy to work with.

Description of Work
Old cracked patio removed and new patio repaired and new finish to patio and pool.

Category concrete repair, decks, stamped concrete, patios

You were a pleasure to work with! Thank you for your business

07/22/2017

Christine B.

John Trice was very helpful in providing us with multiple options to make our back yard as beautiful as we had hoped. The entire crew was successful in making our dream a reality and we are very pleased with the results. Kari was very good at keeping me updated with the process of starting the Contract and through the completion of the job. She was able to answer all of my questions during the process and was very pleasant to work with. At the beginning of the Job, we had demolition of some existing concrete and cool deck. Jimmy and his crew were punctual and respectful of our Property. They did a thorough job and displayed the upmost professionalism. Shortly after demo was completed, new drains were installed, the concrete was poured and was allowed to settle and cure for approximately 2+ weeks. We are very pleased with the new concrete installation. The Crew of Martin, Chris and Eladio came to complete the remainder of the described contract which was Standard Lace and Stone Texture. This crew was also punctual every day getting to the job. Martin was courteous and informative to make sure that things were done exactly the way we had envisioned. The fact that sample boards were made to help determine the exact color was very helpful making the project less stressful. John and Martin communicated how important it was to start off with light colors knowing that the darker colors could be added to come to the desired color and darkness. The transformation of our back yard has been awesome and exceeded our expectations. We can't wait to enjoy our new yard and appreciate everything that Arrowhead Deck and Concrete LLC has done. Thank you Arrowhead Deck and Concrete LLC!!! We would absolutely recommend Arrowhead Deck and Concrete LLC to Family and Friends...absolute joy to deal with.

Description of Work
We had several areas of concrete in our back yard that were uneven and cracking that needed to be removed. Once removed, new concrete was poured to bring the patio area even with the barbeque sitting area making it flow together. We then had the old Cool deck replaced with Standard Lace while the patio and barbeque areas were covered with a stone texture. New and improved style drains were installed along the patio, barbeque, and pool boundaries.

Category stamped concrete

A pleasure doing business with you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the business and the glowing review and we will definitely share with our boys! They are very proud of the transformation.

05/22/2017

Wendy K.

The team was very professional and it looks fantastic!! They arrived on time and we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Description of Work
We had patio resurfacing and epoxy coating done in laundry room and storage area.

Category concrete repair, epoxy flooring, stamped concrete, patios

It was a pleasure to do business with you!

04/19/2017

Thomas K.

The men did a job above expectations.

Description of Work
We had our patio resurfaced 1200 sq feet

Category concrete repair, decks, stamped concrete, patios

We wanted to ensure you had a wonderful experience, considering what you had been through in the past. I'm glad we were able to accomplish that.

04/06/2017

annette D.

They were great. They sample stained several boards to help me achieve exactly what I wanted before they started. They accomplished the job under the gun because I needed it done quickly. They really delivered for me.

Description of Work
We had a small area of concrete that we had acid etched and stained. It was a pretty small job, so I was glad they agreed to do it. Other companies told me it was too small.

03/09/2017

Tony G.

Great! Communicated steps. Explained well. Professional group. Workers pleasant, hard working and cleaned up yard during process. The deck patches, painting and seal all done well and looked very good. In Worked with me on colors. Made up samples. Very pleased, in fact looks better than I expected.

Description of Work
Clean, prepare surface, prime coat, base coat and seal pool decking. Form & pour additional concrete pool deck, finish to match. Same for two patio areas, except finish with stone texture.

Category concrete repair, deck cleaning, pressure washing, epoxy flooring, stamped concrete, patios

We appreciate your support and your business. We enjoyed working with you!

02/07/2017

Jane Z.

It went great. We had made a mistake last year in an attempt to resurface so we needed expert advice. We obtained multiple bids and multiple opinions on the proper approach to the job. John gave us confidence to proceed and his crew was fabulous--especially in helping us to achieve the color combination we wanted. We highly recommend Arrowhead Deck and Concrete.

Description of Work
Resurfacing of our patio and entry walkways.

01/28/2017

Melina P.

Arrowhead crew was always on time and did an outstanding job. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Concrete coating on patio and sidewalk

01/17/2017

mark S.

The process could not have gone more smoothly. the crew showed up a little earlier than promised and started the work doing the exact process that John had described. the ground down all of the toe-stubbers, took out all the cheap/broken caulking, and repaired, to a level of reasonable expectation, a large crack in the concrete that had been completely ignored by the previous contractor. In the end, a job that was quoted as taking 5 days was completed in 3 1/2 days. we watched every step of the process and could not be happier with the care, and professionalism of the crew. they left the property clean when they were done.

Description of Work
we had a complete pool and deck remodel 22 months ago by a well regarded contractor. the quality of the finished deck was terrible and we worked with the roc for nearly 2 years in order to get a good, professional result. that did not happen. we decided to redo the deck and called Arrowhead deck for a quote. we found John trice to be knowledgeable and honest, telling us what could and could not be accomplished.

Category decks

01/17/2017

Andrew D.

crews were responsive and professional

Description of Work
Upgrade patio deck

01/10/2017

JEFF W.

An honest grade is a C if you give them the benefit of the doubt. This is an average company at best, with pros and cons. We hired them to resurface our patio from plain cement to a faux flagstone. Although John the owner was a good salesman at the beginning, the project started off poorly the first day when workers came to pour more cement prepare for an extended patio area. I told the owner that they could come any time after 7:00 AM, but they had to be done by 5:30 PM. The two men showed up just before 4:30 PM and I told them that this day’s work needed to end at 5:30. I quickly got a call from John complaining that he could not get this job done if I insisted on such a “short window of time.” Seriously?! They show up at 4:30 in the afternoon, and its my fault for giving them a short time to work? Wow. There were other occasions of the attitude that issues were our fault. The third day, two new guys came to pour the cement. Neither one could speak any English. That made it impossible to discuss questions with them. Next, John called before the cover layer was applied to the cement to say that we really needed an epoxy coating to make it a solid job. That would be $600 more than the original quote of $5,600. I wonder why it was not included in the original quote if it is so critical to a thorough job. There were other areas of miscommunication with John that were not critical, and they might have been misunderstandings on our part. Misunderstandings take two people. Next, unfortunately, we got a second-string or third-string crew for our project. The original colors that they put down were not what we asked for, and not like the sample that we approved. It looked terrible, with several places where dark stain ran over onto light areas, and dried. After I told John it was not acceptable, he sent Armando, a supervisor, to our house. He saw the problems, and the project immediately got back on track and was finished correctly. Another problem is the slope of the patio addition. It is a noticeably steep slope for runoff. I emailed the company as soon as the cement was poured to alert them to the slope. The response was that the guys doing the next step in the process would correct that. Unfortunately, the next guys had not clue that I had contacted the office, and had no solution for the slope. They simply proceeded to put on the final coating. So, we have a sloped patio that people mention when they see it. John was here one time during the work, for about a half hour. Otherwise, he was not here at the beginning, during the process, or at the end. The final result took seven days instead of five, but we like the end result except for the slope. The good points? They corrected their coloring mistakes, and the finished product is what we wanted (except for the slope). While John was not here during the work other than the one short visit, and did not come by or call when it was done, he made sure to email us the invoice before the guys were finished working on the last day. My overall impression is that his focus is on getting a check, not on seeing that a project goes well for his customers. If anyone decides to use Arrowhead Deck in the future, and I would not recommend that, they should insist that Armando be on the job the whole time for the job to be done right.

Description of Work
An honest grade is a C, giving them the benefit of the doubt. We had an old cement patio that needed expansion, and a new surface.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete, patios

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and we regret we did not do so on this occasion. We do strive to adhere to strict deadlines, and I am sorry we were unable to better accommodate your schedule through this process. We apologize if this caused you any inconveniences. Our teams are specialists in their area of expertise, and I could have explained better that you will not see the same crew every step of the project. All our divisions strive to provide our clients with great experiences and excellent customer service. We are grateful to you for bringing this to our attention so our team has an opportunity to address the items you mentioned. Please contact me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank You, Catherine Trice Arrowhead Deck and Concrete LLC C. (602) 524-9905 | O. 16028338560 | Fx (623) 376-7216