Consider It Finished Painting

Founded 2011 • With Angi since June 2011

18125 West Willow Drive

Goodyear, AZ 85338

25 YEARS IN THE PAINT INDUSTRY. PROFESSIONAL CRAFTSMANSHIP.FREE ESTIMATES, NO TRAVEL FEES, WE GUARANTEE OUR WORK! "FOR PEOPLE EXPECTING EXCELLENCE"...

01/13/2022

Arthur C.

Mat and his crew were great. The house was pressure washed and the patio ceiling dry wall joints were repaired with new tape and mud. Also, all stucco cracks and holes were repaired. All the paint was done in a very professional manner and I would recommend them on any painting project.

Description of Work
Paint the house

Category house painters

10/22/2019

lisa C.

One word - AMAZING. Not only is the interior look beautiful, the customer service was over and above from start to finish. If I could have rated an A+ I would have.

Description of Work
Interior paint

04/17/2015

Andy S.

Matt arrived at our residence as per appointment time to do an estimate which I thought was very fair. We agreed on a date to do the job, which again he arrived on time. The fence was painted with the correct color, cleanup was completed and job was to our satisfaction. Matt is avery professional and courteous businessman and I would definitely recommend him for all your painting needs

Description of Work
Pressure washed and painted the inside of my perimeter cinder block fence

Category house painters,interior painters

09/27/2014

Bryan E.

Matt the owner of Consider it Finished Painting just completed an interior painting (full rooms and accent walls) project for us. Simply stated, he's the best painter we've ever had - and we've had many over the years. Why? He's very thorough and competitively priced with his estimating, very reliable, very neat, very efficient, very honest and meticulous in his work. Ned I say more. Thank you Matt!!

Description of Work
Interior painting. Full rooms and accent walls

11/28/2012

Daniel F.

Consider it Finished did an excellent job and Matt was a joy to work with. I felt it was done in a timely manner, the work was amazing, and the cost was right. I will continue to use Consider it Finished Painting for any painting needs I have in the future.

Description of Work
We recently hired Matt Nicodemus (Consider it Finished Painting) for some interior paint work on our home. Our primary focus were two rooms for our children. Both had been painted by the previous owners with VERY dark paint and we were concerned with being able to cover the existing paint without it showing through the new. In one room we used 3 colors which included a very neat stripe pattern, the other room we used one solid color on three walls and an accent color on a third wall. As Matt worked on the rooms we ended up adding some additional small jobs along the way which included a hallway and touch ups throughout.

08/19/2012

Pamela L.

Matt Nicodemus (Consider It Finished Painting) painted the exterior of my home and did an outstanding job! My house looks great! I highly recommend Matt for any painting needs. He painted my house the week my mother had open heart surgery and I had no concerns being away from home all day. He is very professional, courteous and reliable. I will definitely use Consider It Finished Painting for any interior or exterior needs I may have in the future and I always highly recommend this company to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Exterior of house painted. This included power washing all walls, scraping off loose paint, patching cracks and holes, masking windows and protecting concrete, landscape rocks and vegetation protected, cleaning all doors and painting a shed in the backyard.

Category house painters

07/23/2012

Kristin C.

The summer of 2011 was a tough one for our family. My mother and father were getting ready to move into their brand new home in Pebble Creek. A few weeks before their move-in, my father passed away. Moving to their dream home without him was devastating for my mother, and we all really needed all of the help and support we could get. As my mother was getting settled, she told me that she and dad had planned on doing some crown molding and ceiling contrast painting. I recommended Matt and Consider it Finished Painting. Right after his estimate, my mother could not stop talking about how professional Mr. Nicodemus was, and how kind and sensitive he was toward her and her circumstances. The thing that impressed her most of all was when he arrived for the job, he was prompt, and worked efficiently and seemed to really take pride in his work. She admired his attention to detail, and his obvious passion for his craft. Her exact words to me were: and quot;I would recommend him to anyone, regardless of how big or small the job. Your father would have so admired his timeliness and work ethic.and quot; Consider It Finished Painting made my mother smile in a very difficult time, and Mr. Nicodemus made her feel valued and appreciated as a customer. To me, that speaks volumes about a company. This job for my mother was done last year, and it still looks beautiful. Several of my mother's neighbors have complimented her home, and asked for references. This year, my husband and I plan to touch up paint our home and paint our children's rooms and our basement living area. We would not even consider going with anyone else. I cannot imagine anyone having anything but glowing references to a company so ethical and dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Painting new crown molding in several rooms, and contrast painting on ceilings in large great room and dining area.

07/22/2012

Jennifer I.

Matthew Nicodemus (Consider It Finished Painting) came to our rescue with above and beyond incredible work!! After we worked with our homebuilder's warranty department and contractors to repair drywall damage to our ceiling, we contacted Consider It Finished Painting with our concerns about the post-condition of our drywall/ceiling repair. The prior company had left the ceiling in a very sloppy condition which required the touching up and finishing of the job to restore it back to an acceptable condition. My husband and I were very impressed by how meticulous Matthew / Consider It Finished Painting was with preparing the project, covering all of our furniture and surfaces in the nearby area. We also appreciated Matthew's pleasant attitude and desire to make sure the project was stellar quality, even for a small job such as this. Our ceiling is now fully restored back to new! We will absolutely use Matthew and Consider It Finished Painting again in the future for ALL of our interior and exterior paint jobs! Sincerely, Jennifer I.

Description of Work
Consider It Finished Painting does great work!! They were hired to provide corrective finishing to a drywall/ceiling repair that was previously handled by our homebuilder's warranty contractor. While the drywall crack was repaired (somewhat), Consider It Finished was then hired to clean up the sloppy repair, and to apply the necessary paint/finish in order for it to be blended properly and brought back to it's original condition.

04/30/2012

Ms. Lisa O.

This was an AWFUL experience!! I was not home most of the winter, so this is a little slow in getting posted. As you read this, you can easily check out the photos. Unfortunately, Angie's only has space for 10 photos. I have over 100 photos documenting this job. I think however, you will get the 'picture.' 1. A manager for Sherwin Williams recommended Matt. When I interviewed Matt, the owner, I asked him how long he had been in business, he said, "I've been in the business for 25 years." 2. I learned later, during the job, Matt had been a PAINT SALESMAN for 25 years for Sherwin Williams! Sherwin Williams terminated his contract. It was then, just 5 months prior to my job, that Matt started a painting business. 3. I selected Behr colors and their top line paint. Matt insisted on using Sherwin Williams. This was BEFORE I knew HIS history with that company. "They can match any color," he said. I did NOT want Sherwin Williams because they didn't have a white I liked. We went round and round about the product. I couldn't understand why he wanted to use it. I finally said ok, as long as they can MATCH the white I had selected for the trim and doors. 4. Sherwin Williams could NOT match the white, as their base is NOT white enough, but Matt did NOT tell me this. He applied the SW white to some doors and trim. I knew as soon as I saw it, it was the wrong color. It had a grey pallor. When I mentioned it to him the next day, he admitted that they couldn't match the white exactly, but HE thought it would be white enough once applied. He was not happy when I asked him to return the product. 5. The CONTRACT called for 2 coats of paint. Matt and his 'crew' did NOT apply 2 coats of paint on any of the cut-in or the ceilings. Other professional painters have come into the home and pointed other wall that did NOT get 2 coats of paint either! If that isn't bad enough, there are many, many, places on the window sills, the doors, all the 'cut-in edges and corners' where there is NO PAINT, except the old original contractor's paint showing. When questioned, Matt admitted that he "Never uses 2 coats of paint for the 'cut-in'! I told him had I known that, I WOULD HAVE HIRED SOMEONE ELSE! 6. Prior to painting, I had the beautiful tile floor professionally steam cleaned, the grout painted and sealed. Because they didn't NOT COVER the tile floors, EVEN WHEN I SAID I had just spent a great deal of money on the tile cleaned and painted, they left WHITE PAINT SPOTS AND SMALL STREAKS OF white specs on the tile! 7. Thankfully, I had NOT replaced the carpet yet. When the carpet folks came to install the new carpet, they kept commenting on how sloppy the painters were, even though the carpet was to be replaced, I had to live with it for a few weeks. Matt used a canvas drop cloth to cover my floor, furniture, and art work. It had been used prior to my job as it was covered with specs of dried paint. Many of those would pop or peel off the canvass. When I pointed out the small specs of paint on the floor, he became angry and said it will clean up. BUT HE NEVER CLEANED THE PAINT SPOtS OFF MY TILES. 8. THAT canvas drop scratched my flat screen computer monitor! They dropped and dribbled paint on my beautiful oak cabinets. Everyday I take a shower, I see those awful drips and dribbles on the bathroom cabinets, floors and ceiling! They dripped paint on my artwork! I had to throw away a comforter, because they dripped paint on it. They tore the paper backing on an oil painting while moving it! I have paint on my living room end table, an antique oak dining table extension and other items too numerous to mention here. 9. When I showed Matt the quarter size drop of paint on my expensive end table he said nothing. He just walked away! 10. Toward the end of the job, Jim, one of his crew left the job. I asked Matt where Jim went. Matt said, "He's doing an errand for Frank." When I asked Frank, he said the errand was for more paint for the closets, but from Sherwin Williams! THEY WERE USING THE GREY PALLOR WHITE FROM SHERWIN WILLIAMS IN THE CLOSETS because Matt could buy it less than the Home Depot paint! 11. I purchase ALL the Home Depot paint for the project! I drove back and forth to the store to buy the paint! He miscalculated the amount of paint needed for the entire job! He switched to the SW paint for the closets without asking me! When I asked him, he admitted it and said, "But I wasn't trying to deceive you." 12. AGAIN, that isn't what we had agreed upon in the contract! I hate the look and feel of that paint in the closets! 13. They did NOT prep the woodwork correctly. The kitchen pantry door had scotch tape on it. If that door had been prepped correctly, they would have seen the tape or a good painter would have FELT the tape and removed it. Instead they just painted over it. 14. A few weeks after the carpet was installed, I saw an odd discoloration on that kitchen pantry door. I peeled it off. NOW I have a patchwork paint job on my kitchen door! See photo. 15. They dripped paint on the closet door channels. They dripped paint on the closet rod. They dropped green paint on white trim, and didn't see it?! 16. They didn't scrape the jagged paint next to the glass on the office door. It took Me 5 minutes with a putty knife to clean up one of the doors. I left the other door for everyone to see. 17 The windows are terrible. The top of the walls to the ceiling are awful! I don't have a straight line anywhere. Something I asked about BEFORE the job! Can you paint a straight line? Oh yes, I was told! Check out the photos. Then when I asked him to tighten the line, he became angry. You be the judge of the 'straight line' in the kitchen! This is AFTER he straightened it! 18. From the beginning it was a constant struggle. He didn't like how I wanted certain areas painted. He did repaint the wrap of one edge of a wall. I'm use to square corner walls not the rounded ones in this Tuscan style home. I'm not used to seeing the edges wrap around and was therefore unaware of it. 19. The original painters painted the all the brass door hinges. I had peeled some paint off one or two hinges. When Matt saw that, he offered to remove the paint. I said that will be too time intensive as it takes weeks to soak and scrape the paint. "Oh No, I have stuff that will take the paint off in less than 20 minutes." I said 'OK. Well as the job continued, and he was running out of time he was going to LEAVE 1/2 of the hinges white! When I reminded him it was his offer and idea, he said, "I don't remember it that way." I had NEVER HEARD of the stuff he used. As I said, I was used to spending weeks removing paint off door hinges, not minutes!! He was not happy! 20. He did not judge the amount of time needed to paint this project! He was late to his NEXT job! That was NOT MY FAULT! 21. He and another painter kept complaining how bad their bodies, their legs and backs hurt from climbing the ladders; from bending over to paint the trim! 22. I wanted 2 coats of paint! I paid for 2 coats of paint! I did NOT receive the 2 coats of paint as listed on the contract!! This was something I mentioned to every painter I talked to about this job! I DID NOT GET 2 COATS OF PAINT. As you will see in the photos! 23. Lights were not put back correctly. I had to scrape paint out of the kitchen sink! 24. There are paint spots: on the floor behind the toilet, There are paint spots: on the living room floor. There are paint spots: on art work; door channels; closet rods; white trim with green blobs; paint spots on glass windows...the list goes on and on.... 25. I have asked 5 different painters to bid for the exterior job. I asked them to critique the interior paint job. All 5 companies are on Angie's list, with high marks. Two of them have more than 80 reviews all excellent! The last guy went to my master suite bathroom, then the kitchen and he actually became angry at the sloppy job and the 1 coat coverage. He said he could see through the white to white paint on the ceilings. He said I should contact the Arizona Registrars office for the sloppy job. Finally, there was never a final walk through, with ME the home owner! Matt pulled up the canvas tarps, and practically ran out of the house to the next job at the other end of the valley! He stepped over paint on the floor and kept going! I really thought he was coming back to clean up. I called and invited Bill, the manager of the local Sherwin williams store 'who highly recommended' Matt to check out the job. He apologized 3 times. He said he had no idea Matt had such poor attention to detail! Bill saw things that I didn't see because of his vast experience. Bill apologized one last time for recommending Matt. When I reminded Bill about the name of Matt's company, he chuckled and said, "I don't consider this finished! I LEARNED A VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON, THAT I HOPE YOU LEARN FROM MY LESSON...ALWAYS CHECK ANGIES LIST FIRST AND THEN USE ONLY FOLKS WITH VERY HIGH MARKS! ALWAYS take BEFORE and AFTER PHOTOS.

Description of Work
Full interior painting of a 1800 square foot home: This included the ceilings, trim, interior of closets, doors, around the windows, laundry room, bathrooms every room except the garage. Prep work, according to contract was 2 coats of paint, caulking around windows, filling holes, small cracks, cleaning the walls and doors of stains etc prior to paint, and then the final clean up. The entire home was original contractors white paint. It was very dirty. I had just moved in and many items were still in boxes, thankfully! It should have been a simple, quick job. Matt the owner misjudged the amount of time needed to prep the house including cleaning the walls and trim. He miscalculated the amount of paint needed. He didn't do a final clean up. We argued about the color of paint, the brand of paint, and several times, the application of the paint.

01/01/2012

skydog E.

we purchased a new tract house which comes with yucky "tract house white" paint in all the rooms. As we hate this tint, we selected approximately 15 different colors (think: Mexican restaurant) that are more reflective of our tastes. Matt arrived on time every day and did a great job-especially with the unique hues. We arrived after the master bedroom had been painted but we decided that the shade was wrong and asked for a different color- no problem to matt. One room had "official University of Alabama Crimson" that required four coats. matt took care of it with out complaining!! Plus he was very pleasant in all of our interactions.

Description of Work
the interior of our new house was painted

Category house painters,interior painters